Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

African American Women & Triple Negative Status

Options

Comments

• Lcharmie
    Lcharmie Member Posts: 156
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hello Valstim52, Welcome to the thread. I am Lil getting back on here, but hope to do better about checking in. Hope all goes well for you , a lot of us traveling this journey, you are not alone. I had my chemo Herceptin today, it is maintenance to keep Lil ca

at bay. Keep your head up, stay in faith. Til next time.

Llinda

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Valstim52 (and all of you). Haven't been on these boards in several weeks. Life does get in the way but Valstim52 you will note that we all began where you are. I'm 8 years out and still going strong so hang in there. We may not come on often but if you need to reach out please do not hesitate to PM (click on our name to send a private message). I and these wonderful ladies will help as much as possible with prayer, advice, resources.

Phyllis

• Lcharmie
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hello Friends,

I do hope all is well in your lives, as well as can be expected.

I am good and Thankful to have had my 70th Birthday, I feel "Blessed!

Hope you all will " Weigh in," I'm a little better with this tablet, so I'll be lurking.

Till next time, Be Blessed!

• patoo
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hello iLinda, and a very belated Happy Birthday. 70 - YAY!!!

This is my first time on in a few months but hope to start checking in again a little more often, or at least once or twice a week. Glad you are doing okay.

Hello to all. Trust your silence, like mine, is just that "life" has gotten in the way and all is relatively well for you all.

• Lcharmie
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hello patoo, sooo glad to hear from you. I was just checking in and saw you posted.

I hope all is well with you. I won't complain.

Hello to everyone else. Will check in again soon, want to hear what is going on in every body's world!

Sincerely,

Llinda

• patoo
    edited May 2017
    Options

Some of my BCo friends are coming to my timeshare in Daytona Beach FL November 5-10. Anyone in the area or wanting to fly in and join us are very welcome (as long as you are flexible on our sleeping arrangements which can involve sharing a bed or sleeping on an air mattress). We've gotten together for 4-6 days every year, this is year 7. PM me if interested.

• Lcharmie
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hello patoo,

Thanks for the invite! Wishing you all, a Wonderful time!

Sincerely,

• Lcharmie
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hello Everyone! Hope all is well as can be in your world.

I am doing well, think about this group, prayers for "All".

Sincerely,

Llinda

• patoo
    edited October 2017
    Options

Just saying hello.

• Lcharmie
    edited December 2017
    Options

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you. Happy Holidays to All!

Llinda

• patoo
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thanks LInda, same back to you and your family/friends.

Phyllis

• FaithWalker22
    FaithWalker22 Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hello ladies! My BC journey began September 29, 2017. I had surgery December 8 and next week I will begin chemotherapy. Although my cancer is hormone positive, it is mildly positive so it has to be treated more like triple negative.

I'll be on for rounds of TC. I'm going to try Dignicap to help with hair loss. I don't know what this part of the journey will be like, but one thing I do know is God is in control. I'll do my part and trust Him for the rest. 😊

• patoo
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hello FaithWalker22, sorry to meet you in this forum but happy you found BCo as it's a wonderful place to find support and understanding. I don't get on nearly as much as in the past but if at any time, I mean any time, you feel alone and need me just PM (click on my screen name) which will send me a message to my personal email.

Hang in there. The beginning is the worst but you can do this, especially with Him leading you.

Phyllis

• Lcharmie
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hello FaithWalker22, Bless you! I like (I am going to call your "email name", already! It speaks volumes! I am not on as much, but do look in to see if folk are here. As patoo said there is support here. Just reading what others have posted, can give some strength. I am older and learned a lot of what the medical treatment" is for today. I am "HER positive" and receive Herceptin every 3 weeks, as maintenance med, I will be 20 yr Survivor in November. Please read some of my past posts. Certainly a journey, keep your "Faith"!!

Llinda

• Lcharmie
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hello patoo, good to see you are on! Hello to everyone! I hope all is going as well as can be in each of your "world's! I am good! Everybody stay Blessed, take good care of yourselves!

Llinda

• FaithWalker22
    FaithWalker22 Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hey Patoo and ILinda-- thanks for your welcome. The BC is actually slightly positive but it behaves more like a triple negative. I started 4 rounds of TC 2/23. I feel good and I'm just trusting and believing God to do His part as I do mine. ILinda, so glad you arr 20 years BC free!!

• Lcharmie
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hello FaithWalker22 , I hope time goes fast for your "treatment times" . Sometimes it can seem forever. I am glad to hear you are doing well. Thank you, yes I feel so Blessed to be able to share in your journey and any one who has to travel this way.

Sincerely,

Llinda

• Lcharmie
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hello FaithWalker22, I just was re-reading your post and my response. I am coming up on 20 years in November. However, with many trials along the way. I just wanted to be clear " not smooth sailing" The Lord has been with me!!! So hang in there, certainly, with your "FaithWalk"!!

Sincerely

Llinda

• patoo
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi everyone. Just checking in. Haven't been on in quite awhile. Life does go on and with the Lord in it, it's all good. FaithWalker22, let us know how you are doing when you get a chance. Prayers up for all.

Phyllis

• angelfaith456
    angelfaith456 Member Posts: 33
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in! All is well with me. Some days are wonderful and then I have a bad day. But all in all, the good outnumber the bad as each month go by. I stay positive and keep moving. Hope everyone is doing well too!

• patoo
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi angelfaith456, glad to see you checking in and letting us know you are coming along. Brings a smile to my face when I log in (infrequently) and see a post on this thread.

Pray everyone else is also doing okay and getting on with life.

Phyllis

• Lcharmie
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hello Everyone!

Hope all is "well as can be in each of your worlds".

Good to see folks dropping by, I think about the women on here and prayers for all.

Sincerely,

Llinda

• patoo
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi ILinda, good to have you check in. Praying all is well with you and also with all our sisters.

Blessings,

Phyllis

• Lcharmie
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hello All, I hope all is as well as can be for everyone!

Patoo glad to hear from you.

Besides having edema in my left arm, had to have it wrapped, back in October, Nov. and part of Dec. Oh was I a "case", but I made it! So now I have to have a sleeve and gauntlet. It happened and I wasn't paying attention, I am not a small person and just thought, this arm is looking swollen! I was in 19th year of this journey, but was told, "it can happen"! Okay so much for me!

Everyone Have a Safe 4th of July!!

Sincerely,

Llinda

• patoo
    edited June 2018
    Options

ILinda, sorry that happened. Frustrating, when you think you have gotten beyond any (or not too much) worry then something pops up. I was told the same thing that 'it can happen' at any time no matter how long ago. But, we are still alive. I'm doing very well. Hope all of you are also.

Phyllis

• Lcharmie
    edited July 2018
    Options

Thanks Patoo ! I am right-handed, but have took so much for granted, and I am busy most of the time, to keep sane, I made it " a challenge", to do everything I could. I am sorry you had to go through it too.

Everyone, Stay Blessed!!

Sincerely,

Llinda

• Insideout2
    Insideout2 Member Posts: 108
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hello,

I have been on this site for a while, but not to this post. It is comforting to see those diagnosed years back with current posts.

Thank you.

• patoo
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hello Insideout2, sorry to meet you on this forum but it is definitely a good place to land on this journey. We just check in occasionally so others know they are not alone. Feel free to PM at any time.

Phyllis

• Lcharmie
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hello Insideout2, Nice that you check in, and we welcome you.

They changed a lot of the forum and I couldn't find this page and began to feel sad. While not on all the time (like Patoo said) we do drop in.

Take care of yourself till the next time.

Sincerely

Llinda

• Lcharmie
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi Patoo and everyone, I am on a roll Tonite. My port stopped working after 16 years , that didn't go well , disconnected from the cord, so I have to go in for a Venogram next week, needless to say, Ugh!! Keep me on prayer, they will try to remove that cord and put in a new port. Okay, so much from at this time.

Take care all

Llinda