Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

African American Women & Triple Negative Status

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hello all.

iLinda, praying that all went well for you. Let us know when you get some time meanwhile still lifting you up.

Phyllis

• Lcharmie
    Lcharmie Member Posts: 156
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hello patoo and hello to all. Just thought I would check in! On my last post, I needed a Venogram, that went well , however the port incision got an infection, had 2 rounds of antibiotics, it is still a little seeping, the surgeon, says it will heal, so still no port. I went for my Herceptin yesterday , 1st time in 2 months, I think I fretted about that. In that time my husband has been diagnosed with Lung cancer and "here we go , a new journey!"

I can't believe August! A whirlwind of appointments, he is on chemo and doing as well as can be expected. His attitude is good. Keep us in your prayers , "Thank you please!!!

Patoo, always Thanks for your prayers!

Be Blessed,

Llinda

• patoo
    edited September 2018
    Options

ILinda, so sorry your DH is now going through this challenge but our God will not be mocked. Let him know that he is in prayer and lifted up by our Lord, held in His care. Still holding you, even tighter now as you need your strength for both of you. Much love.

Phyllis

• Lcharmie
    edited September 2018
    Options

Patoo, Thank you Soo much for your prayers and kind support. I shared your post with my hubby, he said "Thank you"! May you be Blessed greatly.

Love back to you

Llinda

• Lcharmie
    edited November 2018
    Options

Wishing everyone a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sincerely

Llinda

• patoo
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thanks Llinda. Next post let us know how your DH is doing.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Phyllis

• HopeBry
    HopeBry Member Posts: 64
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hi I am new to this particular group. I am TN Grade 3 invasive, no lymph involvement. Found it myself in Oct breast cancer awareness month. I am currently getting AC-T chemo. "A" they call the "red devil" it's actually red. I am 41. BC does not run in my family. No Braca gene either. So the whole thing baffles me. It must be environmental. What they inject in our foods and ther products. It's terrible the things that are done to keep you sick because the money to me is in the treatment and not so much the cure. I just got my 2nd infusion, have been managing the nausea a little better. Choose not to take too much zofran, gives me headaches. Drinking more fluids and eating better. Counting down to my last to AC infusions, then I battle the Taxol for 12 weeks. Still unsure about lumpectomy vs mastectomy. I hear stories and I fear is reocurrance. i dont want to go through this again. I've known people who had lumpectomies and have been cancer free for over 17 years. Back then they didnt even know what type the had as opposed to now. So I don't know what to do.

• Lcharmie
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hello Patoo and everyone. Thanks for asking about my hb, God has Blessed that he "responded to the treatments"! Dr. Said, If I hadn't seen that you had Cancer, I would not have known". It is a Blessed Christmas here! Thanks for the Prayers. He has his last Chemo next week. They will follow with CT scans in the future.

I got my new Smart Port on 11/16/18 and had chemo on 11/23/18 and 12/12/18. So far, no problem. It has been some long past days!

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to you all and Wishing all a Blessed New Year!!!

• Lcharmie
    edited December 2018
    Options

Dear HopeBry, we are sorry we have to meet like this. There has been great support on here. Just know all of your feelings are appropriate, and you will feel them all from time to time. I have posted a few posts in the past and hope you can pull them up . There is so much new technology out there since I was diagnosed, not to frighten you , but in those years I have been on 8 different chemos, yeppers, I had the "red devil" and Taxol too. There was not a Chemo for the cancer I had at that time, it came 2 yrs later. I am HER-2, back in a day it was "the worst", very aggressive. Today, Breast Cancer can be another Chronic Disease, while I still get Herceptin for my kind of cancer and have had to be on it many years, it is a maintenance med for me. Jesus and this med have let me be here 20 years 11/17/18. Keep doing what you're doing to take care of yourself and take life day by day. While I check in every now and then, I hope to be encouraging to you as the others have been in times. Take care till next time. What are your Dr.s advising you to do, lumpectomy or mastectomy?

Sincerely,

Llinda

• patoo
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hello and Merry Christmas to all. Yes, it is a Merry Christmas because we are still here and able to post so be encouraged that this journey will not always steal your joy.

iLinda glad you and DH are faring well and congrats on your 20 year cancerversary. I made 10 years in October. We serve an awesome God.

HopeBry, hang in there. The early days are the absolute worse but you will get through. As iLinda says, many advances have been made which gives us many choices. Your doctors and your own research (and asking questions here on BCo) will lead you to do whatever you feel is right for you. No two of us are alike so you have to "do you" with guidance only from others.

I also don't come on very often but encourage you to browse the threads that interest you. Stay away from any negative threads. You can do this.

Hugs coming your way.

• Lcharmie
    edited January 2019
    Options

Happy New Year to all!! Yes we are Blessed to be here! Wanted to get that in, as the month is half over.

Patoo congrats on your 10 Year Cancerversary!!!! Yes we serve an Awesome God!!!

HopeBry, I hope all is going well for you. I echo Patoo, stay away from the negative threads. They will be there! Take good care of you.

Sincerely,

Llinda

• patoo
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi all. Mammo today NED though was on pins and needles as they saw something more from last year but breast urtrasound showed just dense tissue. We never get past the fear but God is in control.

Hope all is going relatively well.

Phyllis

• Insideout2
    Insideout2 Member Posts: 108
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hello,

I was diagnosed with TN cancer in12/2017. I will go in for my 2nd post treatment PET in March. My first was in 12/2018. I spent the last year fighting to live. I think this year will be about recovery and readjusting.

I feel more emotionally drained now, than before. I am glad to find this thread. Any tips on adjusting to life after treatment please share. I still get aches, like the ones felt when I received my shot to increase my wbc after a round of chemo.anyone else?

Insideout 2

• Lcharmie
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hello Everyone!

Patoo glad your Mammo was NED, To God Be The Glory!

To Insideout2, I like your positive thoughts, that this is year of recovery and readjusting, "Hold on to this" ! After your treatments, it is okay " to feel what you feel. I gave myself "Cancer days", I would allow the tears to come, I might just lay around and do nothing, it is about you! However, I did set a time on me, like 2-3 days, certainly do what you feel you need. I felt too long, and I may get depressed, and you have a right to feel like so on this journey. Take good care of yourself. Til next time.

Sincerely,

Llinda

• patoo
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi everyone. Thanks iLinda.

Insideout2, what iLinda said! It's all about you now until you have reached that point where everyday is not about BC! Don't apologize to anyone for your down days because they are not fighting the fight for you. Be good to yourself at every opportunity.

Just had appointment today with new MO and, finally, can get off Arimidex - 10 years, DONE!

• Lcharmie
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hello Everyone, It has been a while since I have posted. I have gone on an "uncharted territory of life",. I lost my husband of 54 years, June 1st, the lung cancer went to the brain. He had gone through the chemo and no ca was seen in scans in Feb. By April it had traveled, like ca can. He had chosen not to get Radiation to the brain at 75 yrs. old. We prayed, had to know it was God at the end of the time. Our family is sad and hearts ache. Please keep us in prayer. I just wanted to check in. Think about all on this thread. Just getting so I think I am a little more able to converse about this. Different life for real!! I was 14, he was 17, we had history, we went "steady for 4 yrs" prior to getting married, so 58 yrs. We have 3 children, 4 grandchildren and a great granddaughter, she will be 2yrs. old next month.

Do hope everyone is doing well as can be expected. Everyone hugs to you all. Be Blessed.

Llinda

• Insideout2
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hello lLinda,

Praying for you and your family.

Insideout2

• Lcharmie
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hello Insideout2,

Thank you for your prayers for our family. It's been a little over 4 months, some days just rougher than other days. We are a praying family and we know that's how we will make it through. Bless you. I hope all is well as can be expected for you as you travel this "dip" as far as you health goes. Hang in there.

Sincerely,

Llinda

• Lcharmie
    edited January 2020
    Options

I want to wish everyone a Blessed New Year for 2020.

I pray for all to hold on to your Faith and stay prayful.

I hope all is well as can be expected in your world as to the path we have to travel at this time.

As for me, trying to walk my talk. It's a different life for past months with the loss of our Loved One. Some days a little lighter than others, certainly no choices.

Bye for now. Be Blessed.

Llinda

• patoo
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi my sisters,

Haven't been on this thread in months and months but haven't been on BCo either much. Life goes on and I'm praying for you all as we continue on this journey.

Lcharmie, so sorry for the loss of your husband. So many years must feel like a part of you but, you say you are a praying family and the good news is you know he and He are with you.

Hello InsideOut2. Hope all is going relatively well for you.

Any other of my sisters who pass through this thread, may our God bless you abundantly this year of 2020

Phyllis

• angelfaith456
    angelfaith456 Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi Everyone!

All is well with me! Had surgery to remove textured implants to smooth implants in September. Had to find a new oncologist because my insurance discontinued with my recent oncologist.. But I found a good new one and I've made the 5 years so I don't have to see her until next year!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Sending Love and hugs from Atlanta!

• angelfaith456
    angelfaith456 Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi Everyone!

All is well with me! Had surgery to remove textured implants to smooth implants in September. Had to find a new oncologist because my insurance discontinued with my recent oncologist.. But I found a good new one and I've made the 5 years so I don't have to see her until next year!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Sending Love and hugs from Atlanta!

• Insideout2
    edited October 2020
    Options

Hello,

I often log on to the site to read how everyone in my 2017/2018 groups are doing. I didn't discover this group until later in my recovery. I just want to see how everyone is doing. The 2020 year has been filled with so much. I find myself appreciating the small things. I don't mind when my kids (young adults) need my help. I am glad I am here to assist.

Not that long ago so many things took physical effort, cooking, cleaning, hair care etc. It's the things taught to me by my mom that became my at home physical therapy. I literally took the look good feel good to heart. It didn't always work, but it got my butt out of bed and moving. Cleaning/cooking/gardening would help with my range of motion, arm strength. Styling my natural hair helped with cording.

Real talk, sometimes I get tired .....but thank God I am here to feel tired. I am working on the person I have become after this journey.

Recently someone referenced remission regarding my health. I was offended. I am living.

I hope everyone is well.

Insideout 2

• patoo
    edited June 2021
    Options

It's been well over a year since I visited BCo. Hoping everyone is doing well and life is treating them good.

Phyllis

• Insideout2
    edited July 2021
    Options

Patoo-Glad you checked in, hope you are doing well.

Insideout2