Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

African American Women & Triple Negative Status

Options

Comments

• Roya
    Roya Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2009
    Options

Indomitable1, Are you ok?

• indomitable1
    indomitable1 Member Posts: 136
    edited April 2009
    Options

Thanks for asking Roya. Yes, I am strong in the Lord and in his might.

I particularly appreciate your asking because I've already started ordering my "chemo/rad" survival kit components based upon your informational posts and have looked to you as a resource and inspiration.

Just found the TNBC foundation site. Had a difficult time trying not to cry when the 3 kids got home from school (ages 8, 11, and 15). Dear eldest daughter (23) offered to come up for the weekend..this is one time when I'm happy to distinguish that she's my stepdaughter and not sharing my gene pool. Husband pointed out that we'll take the same aggressive approach that we've already initiated. We'll still go thru chemo/rad as planned. I guess I just wanted another arm with which to fight.

I'll take the hint from your signature and just BELIEVE. Thanks for the precedence.

......According to your faith be it unto you. Matthew 9:29

• Jamieb247
    Jamieb247 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2009
    Options

Hi Ladies...

I'm looking for any women who would like to share their story on camera.  We're making a documentary about breast cancer and African American women --- offering information and a call to action...so that our sisters can be more proactive about their health.

We're taping in Dallas, DC/Baltimore, L.A. and New Orleans...

We know this is a sensitive and private kind of matter, but if you know of anyone who would be willing to talk with us....in hopes of helping others...please send me a note at bcdoumentar@rubyredinc.com

PEACE and BLESSINGS TO ALL OF YOU.

PS:  I am awaiting my biopsy results presently.

• Lcharmie
    Lcharmie Member Posts: 156
    edited April 2009
    Options

Hi Jamieb247,

Prayers for your biopsy results!!!

Linda C.

• LASHON2008
    LASHON2008 Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hi all..

I am 27 with recurrent breast cancer to my neck and brain. I was dx last july 1 2008. I was just told that things didnt look good for me. But I still needed to fight and try. I am triple neg and scared to death. I am so depressed I dont know what to do. All I do is sit home and cry. And I know that isnt what I need to be doing. I know the survival rate for this isnt good. But god only knows that I cant give up. I have a husband and my family to think about. If any one knows any good sites for nutrition or drugs that i should be looking into please let me know. 

• rogam
    rogam Member Posts: 123
    edited May 2009
    Options

LaShon, I just said a prayer for you. Continue to pray, Continue to believe, Continue to Live, and Continue to FIGHT. God is a healer! Believe God for a Miracle. Be blessed

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2009
    Options

LaShon, I pray for your strength in the Lord and that you will let Him work in your life to get you through this.   Visit these boards often as you will find lots of support from all the "sisters" who have been where you are and will walk through it with you. There is a board for Stage IV survivors that will probably be really good.

Check out the Alternative, Holistic boards and the Healthy Eating boards as well and ask any and all questions that may pop into your head. 

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Blessings.

• indomitable1
    edited May 2009
    Options

LaShon,

I, too, am praying for you. Fear no evil. His rod and staff will comfort you. He is your strength.

Peace.

• Lcharmie
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hi LaShon,

I too will be praying for you.  This is a lot for you to deal with right now and it is "SO" OK to cry!!

I hope that you may have some "quiet days" real soon.

I say, read everything you can that is about your diagnosis, to know what is out there for you, and you and your Dr. will decide what meds are best for you, or other treatments.  Keep us posted as Patoo said.  We will try to help you sort some things out along the way.  Looks like we got some Praying Warriors walking with us and this is all good.

When I was diagnosed, I heard my kind of cancer was "very progressive", I put in my head, "they did not know what God knew", and I have held on to that thought----I have had "my doubt days" or I would not be truthful:   I had a lumpectomy, it was malignant(1998)-- it came back in that left breast  I had a mastectomy(2002), and 3 weeks later the Dr. found a lump in the right breast(malignant) and I had a mastectomy of that breast, then it came back in the skin of my chest (2003), and has came back between meds  (5 occurrences) in the past 10 years, but some how "Jesus  has seen me through each time.  I counted, I have been on 8 different Chemo-therapies in this time, and radiation 2 times.  In the past 6 years(since 2002), Chemo every week and sometimes Chemo pills every day.  Right now I am not on a med, the Dr. and I decided to give my body a break, but if I have to do it, I will---I share my journey---to encourage you will hold on!!  Sometime cancer can be like a Chronic Disease, like Diabetes and other illnesses--it knocks our socks off when we have to hear "that it is here again"----Ask Somebody--Ask Me!!! 

Remember God is in the Plan!!

Take care of you.

Linda C.

• patoo
    edited May 2009
    Options

ILinda, what a beautiful testimony.  Our God is able and satan is a liar!!!!!

• Lcharmie
    edited May 2009
    Options

Thanks patoo,

You are so right--"Our God is able and Satan is a liar"---if I can give someone hope along the way--that is why I believe I am still here--to share this journey.

Take care.

Linda C.

• halcyon215
    halcyon215 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    Options

My mother always said " I complained because I had no shoes, til I met the man who had no feet." LaShon my heart goes out to u. Here I was being pissed off when ur enduring so much. My sista, I channel all the energy, strength,laughter and love I have to give to u.

• Lcharmie
    edited May 2009
    Options

Welcome halcyon215,

Nice to have you on the boards----While we rather not meet this way---we welcome the support, love, chats, sharing, if we need a shoulder to cry on, if we need prayer, and I could go onSmile.

Take care and visit often.

• patoo
    edited May 2009
    Options

ILinda, you are almost right - you are here because our Father is not finished with his perfect work in you. 

LaShon, my prayer is that you will look heavenward from where all strength comes.  Blessings coming your way for you and your family to pull through this.

• patoo
    edited May 2009
    Options

TripleNeg, I pray that you are having good days and the pain has become less as you hold on to Jesus' hand.

• Lcharmie
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hello patoo,

I will hold on to that--"that our Father is not finished with his perfect work in me", I like that!!

I do hope all is going well in your world.

Stay Blessed!!!

Linda C.

• Lcharmie
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hello LaShon,

I hope you are feeling better--prayers are still being said for you.

Take care--hope to hear from you.

Linda C.

• Lcharmie
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hello to :  Roya, Rogram, Indomitable, and anyone whose name I missed,

Do hope this note finds you all doing well!!

Just thinking about you all!!

Be Blessed.

Linda C.

• indomitable1
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hi Ladies, Nice to see the activity. Please know that you are all in my prayers and on the prayer list at church.

I FINALLY start my chemo tomorrow. Got my port today. Can't wait to start this battle. When I complained (in my prayers that this had been put off so long- 9 weeks since BMx), our pastor's sermon reminded us that the Battle Is not ours but the Lord's.

I think often think about the numbers of people affected by this disease and am thankful for this site and the support, knowledge, and encouragement it offers.

Oh! and good news-found out I can have my sisterlocks reattached once I have 2" new growth after chemo!!!!!  (and after coloring it of course!) Did the Happy Dance.

Rev 12:11   And they overcame him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to death.

Linda-your testimony is powerful and makes you an overcomer. LaShon, Triple Neg- And this is the victory that overcometh-even our faith. I John 5:4.

God Bless Ladies. Let's continue our prayer circle of agreement for cure and NED for all of us.

• patoo
    edited May 2009
    Options

Welcome Indomitable1 - sorry to meet you here but happy you found the site.  Also thrilled to know that you are a sister-in-Christ Jesus.

I didn't have to go through chemo but before I knew that I agonized over losing my sisterlocks.  Nice to know they can be re-attached but that does make sense.  I'm having mine tightened tonight and will ask her if she knew that.

Blessings to all my sisters.

• indomitable1
    edited May 2009
    Options

Thanks Patoo! My sisterlocks are just beyond 2 years old. I have an appt to have them cut off in 3 days and will have my wig cut/styled for the interim. Will then keep them in a safe place.

I completed my first round of chemo today without allergic reaction!!! Praise the Lord.

God's Continued blessings on our health and all of iour lives. Going back to sleep now-it will be sweet.

• Waynejay
    Waynejay Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hello Stephanie,

I applaud your spirit!  Keep it up.

My wife is a nine-year breast cancer survivor.  The areola had a malignant lesion that was found back in April of 2000.  Kitti opted for a partial mascetomy with reconstruction.  She refused radiation, due to the horrible side effects.  She did agree, however, to take Tamoxifen, but no Chemo treatments!

In 2003, we learned about the ground-breaking research pertaining to optimizing the immune system with a natural glutathione-enhancing whey protein isolate.

After we gave the scientific and medical references about the supplement to the oncologist, he was impressed and agreed that she could add it to her daily diet. 

She was taken off of Tamoxifen since May of 2005, by the oncologist.  All of her reports from 2000 to 2005 were very good.  So in 2005, he pronounced her cancer free.  We were delighted!  However, I suggested to the doctor that Kitti stay on the protein therapy.  Do you know what he said in reply?  "Mr. Holloway, that is precisely what you should do."

Kitti just had her annual checkup two months ago this year.  She remains negative for cancer.  We are convinced that this highly respected whey protein continues to play a major role in her ongoing health.  She is 53 years young!

Since her experience, we have shared this information with several of our female friends who were diagnosed with BC.  The ones who followed through have stories equally as remarkable as Kitti's.  They are all doing great.

Today, we are committed to helping other African-American women, as well as any other women learn about this remarkable technology that we believe will change the way medicine is practiced.

• Waynejay
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hello LaShon,

First, check out my reply to Stephanie's Post. I talk about my wife's BC recovery, nine years cancer free.

Over the past five years we have seen several of our friends with third and fourth stage cancers have truly wonderful improvements after of optimizing their immune systems.

In your Post, you asked about nutritional sites you could check out.  One site in particular that talks quite a bit about the research a superior whey protein isolate that is setting the medical community upside down because of the results folks are getting when they improve their immune function; even cancer patients.  I do have some encouraging true stories that I can share if you are interested.

In the meantime, here is one site you can check. www.BestSupplementsGuide.com

Also, a research site is: www.BestSupplementsResearch.com

Kitti and I are committed to helping other BC sufferers enjoy a better quality of health and life.

All the best and will keep you in our prayers.

Wayne J. Holloway

• Lcharmie
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hi Everyone,

A lot of good things to catch up on!!!

Indomitable--Thanks for the compliments of my testmony!!!  I just want to keep on keeping on!!

I am glad your Chemo is going well.   Keep up your good spirit!!

Patoo--Hello!!

Lashon--Hello!!!

Waynejay---I am always up for any information--this sounds great!!!  I felt I have done some things too (alternative supplements) that have helped along the way--I don't believe it can hurt!!   There is so much info out there, and this is one.Thanks!!

Everybody stay Blessed!!

Linda C.

• Waynejay
    edited June 2009
    Options

Linda, you're certainly welcomed.

If I can be of any assistance in this area; know that Kitti and I have a passion for helping others in this area, although, I am leading the charge for us, as she is more timid to speak about it.  Yet, she remains a strong supporter of our efforts to educate other women, especially, African-American women.

• Waynejay
    edited June 2009
    Options

Hello, KimInCali,

Being the husband of a timid nine-year BC survivor, I feel compelled to 'speak up' in behalf of my darling wife, "Kitti' (my affectionate name for her).

When I hear stories like yours and I reflect on the remarkable results Kitti has experience over these past nine years, I know that I must share what we have learned with others.

This is especially important since many women, particularly, Afrcn-Am women are not aware of the groundbreaking research that has been discovered in the field of immunotherapy, using a highly-respected,clinically-proven and scientically-sound approach that is saving lives!

Kitti and I feel absolutely certain of her body's defensive response to her BC after we started on her protein therapy.  Her oncologists and other doctors have been amazed! 

I look forward to sharing these upbuilding experiences with this forum.  Stay tuned.

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

• Waynejay
    edited June 2009
    Options

Hello, Linda,

Here is a recent Ezine Article on the subject of Breast Cancer in African-American women that could be helpful.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Fueling-the-Immune-System-Could-Lead-to-Better-Breast-Cancer-Outcomes-Among-African-American-Women&id=2367378

• indomitable1
    edited June 2009
    Options

Mr. Holloway, Thanks for the information. As a medical professional and BC patient, I do want to be educated about all the options that are available to me. I may stand alone in stating, however, that there is a fine line between educating vs promoting/marketing in the information which you present. 

This site is dedicated to mutual support and education. I am quite thankful that your wife IS a survivor and pray to be one as well. This site is full of survivors and Warriors.  I come to this site for support and first hand experience from others who have been there. I would hate to think that I am going to be inundated with ads when coming to seek solace, support and prayers.

That's my 2 cents. I do not mean to take anything from the triumph you and your wife have had. We've been exposed now let us decide.

• Lcharmie
    edited June 2009
    Options

Hi Waynejay,

Thanks for the info.

Linda C.

• Lcharmie
    edited June 2009
    Options

SmileOK, so how is everyone doing??

"Weigh in"  What is going on in your worlds, we will take the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!!

Right now I took a part-time job just to see if I could function in the "work world', after having had Chemo for past 6 years every week and sometimes chemo pills everyday--and now that I have not had Chemo for 6 months--I Thank God for His Goodness!!!  I see the Dr Jun 9th for Check-up, I feel it is going to be alright.   It is about time for the Scans, I see only a lil red on my chest, actually it looks good--compared to how it was--that was being on Chemo!!! 

Want to to hear from ya!!!   

Keeping you all in prayer.

Linda C.