Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

LIFES A BEACH!

Options

Comments

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hello All you beach bums!

This is just what I need.  I got my labs back today and I have a vitamin D deficiency....SO I need some time in the sun :)  Hmmmm...does tequila have any vitamin D?   Those drinks look good :)

I actually went to a beach in florida where you could rent these blue and white striped fabric cabanas.  It was cool....like it was right out of a movie

Deb C

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2008
    Options

Liz:  You must go to Ft. Lauderdale.  They have great cabanas there right on the beach.  Its part of the spa with the Marriot Habour Motel.  The same place where the Colts stayed last year when they were in the superbowl.

Its great cause the cabanas receive spa services and there are sprinklers with a mist to cool you off.  Its great. 

Actually it is my favorite place to go.  Ft. Lauderdale.

DebC:  Oh its good to see you.  Figuring if your in Alaska you would be wanting a beach somewhere.  Although here in Illinois Im feeling the same way being here in Illinois - we have a big storm and up to 15 inches of snow coming our way.  It was 6 years ago this month that I spent the most wonderful vacation memory I have.  Not Hawaii but close.Laughing

And whats this with a Vitamin D deficiency?  Yucko.

Nicki (aka chemosabi)

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2008
    Options

Wow, that's cool.  I was in Ft. Lauderdale when I was around 14.  Long time ago.  LOL   I'm just ready for anywhere warm!

• lizws
    edited February 2008
    Options

Deb - hmmmm I do believe tequilla is a wonderful source of Vit. D.  In my world it would be.  I've never been tested for Vit. D - or maybe I have.  So do you have to up your intake? 

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2008
    Options

Those cabanas sound cool Nicki.

Hi Deb, good to see ya!  I think there is a whole lot of Vitamin D in tequila, lol!

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2008
    Options

So....tequila it is :)

Yep, I have to up my intake, but I am already at 1,800 mg or units...whatever they measure D with....a day.  I'm not sure how much they are going to have me take.  We are still talking about it.  I think I have an absorbtion problem, becasue I'm already taking a crap-load of the stuff!  I need to find out if sunshine still makes D in your system if it is through a window.....

Maybe I really CAN get my doc to write me a script for a trip to someplace tropical.  What do you think BCBS will say about THAT?  LOL

Deb C

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2008
    Options

Janny:  The Harbour Beach Hotel/Motel is reall a great place.  My friend treated me to the whole visit.  That was the first time I got a massage.  It was wonderful.   My room had a balcony with the view of the ocean. 

DebC:  I have heard you can get lots of Vitamin D from the sunshine.  Too bad we dont have any here in Illinois.

OK - Im off to watch the results of the elections.  Have a great evening. 

Nicki (aka chemosabi)

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hi Biker..where have you been hiding?  Are you coming to Pinkstock?  Hi Deb...

Can we have cabana boys too?

• lizws
    edited February 2008
    Options

Deb - if BCBS will allow it, I'll shoot for mine and we'll go to the tropics!  I'm really bad, don't take my vit. d or my calcium.  I know I need to but I already rattle when I walk from all the crap!

Vickie - of course we have cabana boys!  How's it going?  Oh and DD has fibrocystic.  :)

• beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited February 2008
    Options

I love the beach too.  When we went to Cape May in '06 we saw dolphins off of one of the points.  When ds and his friends went swimming they were very close to them.

I am reaching out for that purple drink, its such a pretty color.  Oh Cabana Boy, yoo hooo.

Deb, in this beach palace, BCBS is accepted at every spot.  No copays, no deductibles, no premiums.

Marsha, I am busting here with pride for you!  I'll bet you have a great scrapbook to show for all those years in the dramatic arts!  Can you find us a nice secluded spot down there in FLA?  That way it will be just for us and nobody to kick us out when we get silly.  Some of my best parties were in Ft. Lauderdale for Spring Break.  Isn't that why they nicknamed it Ft. Liqourdale?

• Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited February 2008
    Options

Deb, if you are getting a script for tequila and a tropical vacation, you better ask for one for me too! It's so good to see everyone here. It's like old home week.

Hugs!

• lizws
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hi Beth and Gus....... how's it going?  Yes Gus this is nice isn't it?

Hugs

• Gus
    edited February 2008
    Options

It's wonderful! I'll go anywhere that has medicinal tequila! LOL

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hi Nicki,

what a surprise to see you here so far from home.

Hi Vickie

Guzzle, Beth, Liz, Janny

Liz, why are you rattling?

Deb C.  I'll drink to that.  I need more vit D also.  I was trying to do it taking pills but what the heck. The beach and a bottle of tequila sounds like so much more fun.  and what liz said.  it adds more vit D.

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited February 2008
    Options

DebC, honey child, tequila is full of Vitamin D!  And if you can get Blue Cross to pay for a plane ticket to Florida you can stay at my house.  I'm famous for my parties, even have a live "Broads Band" that plays!  Actually if you would get your ass down here this Sunday we are having a blow out cast party.  hee hee. 

Since I have shows Wed-Sunday (two shows on Saturday) we moved BNO to tonight.  Just got home from the Elks Lodge where I consumed Waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much Fosters draft and am so delighted to see some of my favorite people here!

Neesie, come on now, tell us a poop story and make us laugh.  Everyday I go to the mailbox I expect to get that sh** back from you!  LOL

Biker Jan, how the hell are you.  I know, I know, I've been away but now that we have a beach site, I'm baaaaack.  LOL or should I say OLO?

Welcome Jill.  You must be new but you have found the thread of fun people! 

Liz and Gus, haven't seen much of you guys in a while either.  How's things shakin?  PFFFFT Gus, script for tequilla??  Come on down to my house if you're gonna talk like that!  hee hee

Hi SuzyQ......  heard you were at Disney recently and cannot believe you passed up an opportunity to dance on the tables with me! 

Well, the theatre has added another show to our schedule.  We are now doing 23 shows in 25 days.  The local country music radio station bought 200 of those tickets to give away on the radio and the theatre is almost sold out on the other 200.  I am a little overwhelmed by all of this.  Amy, yes they video the show but since there is a copyright on it we don't get a copy.  I think the local paper is running a picture in the entertainment section on Thursday so I'll post that.  THANK YOU guys so much for being excited for me.  I finally feel alive again after a hell of a year!

Love to all!  Marsha

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2008
    Options

Jill, I'll send you a pm.

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2008
    Options

Thank you Liz...praying hard that you are right.  Would go through all this again myself before seeing my daughter go through it. 

Hi Marsha...I have some great pics of us that I should post....you will have to join us at Cocoa Beach this year!

Gus (Guz heehee)...where have you been hiding?  Will I be seeing you at Pinkstock?

• Gus
    edited February 2008
    Options

Marsha, I am so excited for you! I loved reading the article about your show, and I can't wait to see the pictures. Of course I will come visit you on the Tequila Tour 2008. Road trip, girls?

Vickie, you snuck in on me! I've been lurking off and on lately because life is keeping me very busy. (I suppose that is a good thing, huh?) Not sure yet about Pinkstock this year. I'll be teaching a summer reading program, and the dates may conflict with Pinkstock. I would love to see Crazy Bob again though!
  • Peter
    Peter Member Posts: 297
    edited February 2008
    Options

Wow a beach thread, never been invited to a Cabana, what ever that is?

Might just  toss my  beach towel on  the sand for a  little bit of relaxation.Cool

Peter 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2008
    Options

Thanks for the welcome Marsha. This is such a great place and everyone is so sweet. Did you all see my new avatar? A very nice lady private messaged me the pic saying it was her grandmothers favorite and I should use it as my avatar and so I did. I thought that was very of Mzsissy. Gosh, new faces and so many people. That's great. I love it here.

• lizws
    edited February 2008
    Options

Vickie, of course you would.  Tell dd to stop all caffeine for now.  I can't imagine a cancer showing up in the same spot on both sides. 

Peter - cabana (noun) a shelter on a beach or a swimming pool which can be used as a bath house.  LOL  Now aren't you glad you asked?  Welcome to the beach!

Jill - lovely avatar.  That's very pretty.  Nice to meet you by the way.

• Peter
    Peter Member Posts: 297
    edited February 2008
    Options

Thanks Liz for the explanation I thought it was some kind of club.

We call them beach huts down under, as long as its on the beach

suits me fine. 

Peter 

• marshakb
    edited February 2008
    Options

Charlene, I hope you have had a grand evening with your daughter and her friends.  I just want to share with everyone a little story about you.

A couple of months ago I had a trip planned to Jamaica with a group of 10 close friends.  And just as it sounds, the trip was all about sun and fun on the beach.  I had recently had both breasts removed and had NO money for reconstruction.  I am now a flat chested woman.  I spoke about how worried and concerned I felt going to a place where it was all about swimsuits, boobs and cleavage.

Charlene, out of the goodness of her heart, with no advance warning to me, sent me 8 mastectomy bras, $600 worth of prostesis (sp?) and a brand new mastectomy swimsuit.  I cried when I got her selfless gift to me and wore her gift knowing there were women who understood me and cared about me.  I will never forget her kindness and support.  THAT is what keeps me coming back to BCO.org.   THAT is real.

Charlene, you have done as the moderators have asked you.  There are people that love you and admire you for your gentle spirit.  I am proud to call you my friend.   The rest of the BS?  It is just that, BS and I am sorry you are being followed around by some kind of inner city street gang.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2008
    Options

After all this, I finally got a picture to post!! Yippee

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Marsha, thank you for sharing that.  That just tells me that Charlene is the kind of friend I want to have and I chose well.

• lizws
    edited February 2008
    Options

Peter - not a problem.  There is a club in Oklahoma City called Cabana's.  I've never been there though. 

Marsha - thanks for sharing that story.  Very heartwarming.

Hi Jas is it storming there?  It did here early this morning and now it's snowing!  It was 78 yesterday and 36 today!  UGH

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Liz -- I just got back online.  We had some bad storms with tornados come through. Atkins was very hard hit.  I've been offline since 4 pm.  But the worst is over for us now....I think Tennessee and Miss are about to get plastered.  We had so many funnels, it looked like that movie about that town that got hit with multiple tornados.

• Emelee26
    Emelee26 Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2008
    Options

Charlene...that was really special what you did for Marsha..

Here's a pic for you guys :)

cats sunning

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Hey Marisa!  How are you doing?  How is the new job going?

• marshakb
    edited February 2008
    Options

LOL Marisa, I wish I needed one bikini top!  One of my friends' kids asked me if I could now go topless without getting arrested.  LOL

Every time I watch CSI I think of you!  What an awesome job.  I was a lab tech at a blood bank for 11 years and thought many times about applying to the crime scene lab.