Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

LIFES A BEACH!

Options

Comments

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited February 2008
    Options

Barb, I live in Ocala, about 90 miles North of Tampa.  Straight up Interstate 75.  If you have ever heard of Silver Springs Attraction, I am about a mile from there!  Wow you girls flying for free!  Now I am really jealous!

Gus is that ANOTHER dance recital?  YUCK!!  Take a good book.  LOL

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    edited February 2008
    Options

Beach friends, from the real beach..... where the breeze is gentle today and the waves much more calm:

Marsha. We were in Ocala for one over-night, but by the time we finished with the realtor it was dark & raining and we were exhausted and fairly lost. I'm soooooooo bummed we didn't get to see you on stage on our brief lay-over. We have purchased a lot just south of town and are having a little home built this summer -- with the intention of it being our winter get-away. My parents live in Deland so it gets us closer for supervising them. We will definitely get a chance to meet next winter!! Be sure you're staring in a big production then, too, so I can see you in action.

I love the various pics posted by you brilliant technologial geniuses. I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to turn on this machine & find the site -- all while plugged into this swaying palm tree. LOL.

Will go soak up the sand's warmth, dodging the washed up jellyfish, for each of you. Have my sunscreen on!!!!

sending you each a gentle breeze and a smile.

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited February 2008
    Options

Faith, congrats on your lot purchase.  I am a realtor also so maybe know the person you were working with.  Hope you got a great deal!  Have you found a builder?

No time today to post much.  We have a matinee today at 2 pm and an evening show at 8.  The Theatre takes us out to eat in between shows.  The girl playing Patsy Cline is so good, the biggest compliment she is getting is people asking if she is lip-syncing to a Patsy Cline record!!!  At first she was a little put out by that coment and I said "Honey that is the BIGGEST compliment you could get!!"  Here is a picture of us, I'll try to get one of us in costume and post that.

And the stage that was designed by a scenic designer from NYC:

• Mizsissy
    Mizsissy Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2008
    Options

Amy,

I just read a bit and saw those ADORABLE little baby goats, with the little ears already going slantwise!!!  Did you know I JUST LOVE GOATS!!  I found some on a friend's farm back in the 70s and I've been planning to have them all my life but I ended up living in a one of those detached condominium communities where you can't even grow vegetables!!!

Can I come and live with you?!!!

Oh well, another life...maybe.  Where are more of those beach pix?  I look out my window and everything is blue & gray & cold...How many days 'til spring?

Miz 

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2008
    Options

hope everyone has a good evening.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 460
    edited February 2008
    Options

So tired.  Catch up with all you beach bums after I get some sleep.

• Unknown
    edited July 2008
    Options

Good morning Beach Ladies.  A nice sunny day here.  Thanks for letting us know about Kevin.  I will definitely keep him in my prayers. 

Surprise song of the day!

Well, its a potato soup day, I think.  Off to get it started.

• PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hey {{{JAZZZ}}}

Miss talkin to ya!

Puppy

• Mizsissy
    edited February 2008
    Options

Good mornin...beach bums.

It's 5 degrees with subzero wind chill this AM..BRRRRRR....potato soup sounds great to me!!!...There was one I used to make with leeks & cream & chives that I used to make for company.

Wishing everybody a sunny Sunday!

Miz 

• Unknown
    edited July 2008
    Options

Good morning Miz.  Your potato soup sounds good.  The one I make is very simple.  I don't think I've ever eaten or cooked with leeks. 

Are you going snow skiing today?

• Mizsissy
    edited February 2008
    Options

It's actually too cold to ski, if you can imagine that!!! Yesterday it was too warm to ski.  What crazy weather we're having...go figure!!!

Miz 

• Unknown
    edited July 2008
    Options

I agree, the weather has been really crazy.  Its been way to warm for this time of year, even down here.  The problem with it being in the 70's down here during this time is that it is prime from tornados when the big cold air masses start to move in again.  I have to say that I've never been particularly afraid when we've had tornado weather before but the one we had just a week ago scared me silly.  I've never seen that many funnels on the weather map before.  Usually its maybe 3 or 4 funnels/potential tornados but there must have been 20 or more showing last week.  It was unreal.  This global warming thing is beginning to look more reasonable to me after that.

• Mizsissy
    edited February 2008
    Options

I saw a really interesting documentary on TV a couple of nights ago about the Global Warming question.   Some scientists think that this sudden warming may actually bring about a sudden ice age, because the melting ice water will stop the ocean currents from bringing warm water to the poles....and then they will freeze up...so no one is really sure what is going to happen!

Miz 

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2008
    Options

Where is everyone this morning?  I've laid out the towels for everyone.  Miz, use Jas's recipe for potato soup.  I made it last weekend and the grandkids loved it, and it's easy.  Jas, now I always have a package of hash browns in the freezer.

• Unknown
    edited July 2008
    Options

Margaret, me too!  I never used to buy them before but now as soon as I use a package, I pick another one up.  Its nice to have on a cold day and I can control the sodium content more when I make my own soup this way.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Good morning Beach Buds ... busy morning .. I need to read back but wanted to pop in to say hey .. I'll be back

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2008
    Options

Good Morning all,

• Barb1953
    Barb1953 Member Posts: 258
    edited February 2008
    Options

Good morning, oops, afternoon Ladies. Getting ready to go to the store. Just wanted to say hi. It is a good day for soup, 19 degrees,wind, and blowing snow here today. ---thank God we have this beautiful beach to warm us up !!!! Be back later--have a good day everyone.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

It's about impossible to type on a computer with a 2 year old who wants held all morning .. awwwww   SmileyCentral.com 

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday ... I'll be back!

• Mizsissy
    edited February 2008
    Options

Charlene, I've seen photos that Little Angel who is holding your hand...and I'm jealous.  I always wanted some little girls but I didn't get any...Cry

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited February 2008
    Options

Good Morning everyone.  Glad somebody saved me a beach chair cause I had a slow start this morning.  Well not really.  I've been up since about 6:30 but been down in the barn with the baby goats and we enjoyed our coffee with them this morning.  Cute lil baby goats.  I will get some more pics of them and post them.  They are finding their legs and starting to jump up and twist about as if to say,,look at me,,see what I can do.  Their eyes have turned blue so when you take a picture those blue eyes jump right out to you.  I sure was hoping for non-blue eyed but oh well lots of people love the blue eyed.

So happy to see Cheri's grandson mentioned cause there sure are alot of people thinking of that little boy.  Bless his lil heart.  Hoping things work out and the surgery goes well. 

Ames 

• Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited February 2008
    Options

I just got back in the house after shoveling more snow, and I needed a trip to the beach! I'm glad to see that Margaret has a towel ready for me!

Yes Marsha, I had to sit for several hours through another dance competition yesterday. My daughter's team did great and got gold medals, but it was a long day!

I'm saying prayers too for Cheri's grandson. It's so hard to watch a little one have to go through surgery. I'm sure that Cheri and her family are very scared for him.

Sorry I don't have time right now to address everyone individually, but I'll try to get back here later on this afternoon! I hope you are all having a great day!

Sue

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2008
    Options

Good afternoon, beach bums!

Although it's cold here, the sun is shining, so if I close my eyes, I can feel the beach.

I'll have to go back and try to find Jas's potato soup recipe.  I know it sounded good!

Charlene, is Ava bugging you this morning?  Bless her little heart.

Amy, I would love to see those little goats.  The pics are too cute!

Barb, we have some really cold weather moving in also.  Booooooo!

Miz, I have twin grand daughters.  I had 2 boys, so the girls were a surprise to me.  They are totally different than boys, but I love them to death!

Jas, tornados???  No thanks!  We get them around here every once in a while, but certainly not like you guys in the south and the midwest get.  I have nightmares about the funnel cloud.

Hey to Margo and Susan!!!

Great pics, Marsha!

Gotta go be productive and do something around the house.  We are having a video call from my son in Florida this afternoon.  I can't wait to see the Grandsons!!!!!  Later!

• neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited February 2008
    Options

Stopping by to see which of us are being beach bums today!  I certainly could use some great beach weather......................totally frigid here.

I'm going to try and read a bit and see if I can find Jas' potato soup recipe and see what is going on with Cheris Grandson...

My Granddaughter is here and we have 'projects' spread all over the Kitchen Counter drying!

Gotta take advantage of the few minutes I have while she is "napping!"

Hugs,

Neesie 

• bearlysane111
    bearlysane111 Member Posts: 592
    edited February 2008
    Options

5 Feb 2008 10:22 AM
    Edited 5 Feb 2008 10:24 AM by angel

"Sisters are like angels,

they lift us up

to our own feet

when our own wings

have trouble remembering

how to fly"

Hoping you will join me here where there is nothing to do but offer love, friendship, support and fun to each other. This journey is a tough one ... let's hold each other up, laugh when we can, cry when we need to, find hope, courage, strength and love with the help of one another. Fun and laughter is important .. it's good for the soul and it's Great medicine! Looking forward to seeing good friends and meeting new ones!
    angel kisses and hugs, Charlene

angelcharlene,your premise of this thread was so inspiring and so up-lifting!

Thanks for thinking of all of us! I wanted to include it as you are so right! 

When I was at my most fearful stage after diagnosis,surgery,treatments,etc I found this site. I have met some incredible people here and found the support and understanding that many non-cancer survivors do not "get"! 

The thing that I learned was once we become a member in the club that many have termed the "one that no one wants to join",we are linked forever. The Beatles summed it up best for me..."I get by with a little help from my friends..."

With that being said,I am praying for Cy,Mena,Cheri and little Kevin and so many more friends. I know that whenever I am going through a "rough patch" that my bc "real friends" are there for me. I hope that I can say the same!  It is sunny and breezy...50's and perfect NC beach weather! Come on down,y'all...we will sit by the ocean and just watch some sunrises and sunsets!

Hello to everyone and have a great Sun!

Iris-angel/bearycaring of my friends 

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Margo: If you can remember back to yesterday morning (that was a dis on me, not you!), yes, your ramble did make sense! Well you've certainly paid your dues so to speak and I'm glad you can enjoy yourself now! I've got a long time to go until I'll have more time so I'll just live my life through you for awhile! LOL

Faith: ahhhhh, thank you for that gentle breeze and smile. Are the jellyfish bad this year? That is one thing about the beach that really put me on edge!

Marsha: You look fabulous and so does your co-star! The stage is incredible!

Susan: That is a nice prayer from last night! Beautiful picture this morning too!

Jazz: Kelly Clarkson is still my favorite idol. That song has meaning for me!

Miz: I believe global warming is a scary reality. I'm going to have to go back and find that recipe for potato soup too. I've seen it a couple of times and it sounds so good. Thank you for your sweet words about my little Angel. My girls are such a joy. I know I'm blessed to have them!

Barb: Good afternoon to you! Love having this warm beach here myself.

Amy: aww, I want to see those goats as they're growing....they are too cute for words.

Gus: Congrats on your daughters team getting gold medals! Do you get a chance to nap during those long competitions, at least when your daughter isn't up? lol

Janny: Yep, Ava is bugging me today but it's in a good way.  lol  Just needed her mommy a lot.

Neesie: My daughter is napping now so here's my chance lol  Sounds like you had some precious moments with your gd!

Iris: That was a very nice post. Thank you .. and you're welcome! Isn't that why we're all here? To be here for our bc "real friends" and at the same time meet and support new ones. "I get by with a little help from my friends" too and I'm glad we have BCO and this thread imparticular to lay down our towels at while continuing to support one another.

Well we have been having crazy wind all day and early this afternoon it looked like a blizzard .. the snow was blowing sideways and wicked fast! Devon and Audrey were out having a blast in it! They are inside safe and sound now so it's a good time for me to throw my new beach towel down and soak up some sun.

Now I just need a drink and I'll be fine! 

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Enjoying my drinks

And gorgeous view

• faithandfifty
    edited February 2008
    Options

Beach bunnies. Today is was mid-80's and genuinely howling at the beach. I think it blew all of the jellyfish further out to sea, didn't see one today!

Our hotel's evacuation system went off this afternoon..... there was so much wind that it blew the b-b-q smoke into the building! Brought out the local hook and ladder heros. All are safe and sound.

Marsha: we are building in an active retirement village called: SummerGlen. So they are realtors/builders etc etc. Can't wait to meet you in person. Continue to break a leg with each new performance.

Today, while returning in the elevator from the fire drill I realized that I was standing next to a fellow BC survivor. She had on her pink T from the Volley for A Cure campaign and an LE sleeve. We hugged. Total strangers brought together for an elevator hug.

We are in this together! I promise to build a sandcastle tomorrow and dedicate it to each on this thread.

• faithandfifty
    edited February 2008
    Options

p.s. i knew there was one comment i wanted to extend...................

biker grandma: my daughter is currently pregnant with twins!! today marks her 28th week beginning. i do a happy dance every day that she remains pregnant. say a prayer for us, please. her DH leaves in about 2 more weeks for Air Force training -- and she'll be pretty much on her own. well, i plan on kinda movin' in with her (and the brilliant 21 mo old) to shepherd them thru the process.

so i'm soaking up all the sun and relaxation that i can charge to my account, busy days loom ahead!

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2008
    Options

I hosted the cooking club at my house this morning - there were 12 women today, and you should have seen the food - we all ate, everyone took some home, hubby had some since he was home, and Ryan and "my other son" each had two plates and I still have food in the frig.

Char, I will make sure I take pics each place I go and will try to make sure they are beach scenes whenever possible.  Of course, it is about 70 degrees here today - definite spring weather and I'm loving it.

Marsha, you and your costar look great and I'm glad you are having such a good time doing it.

Faithandfifty, sounds like you are having a very good time.  There's more I want to say hi to but I'm out of time right now,sure is good to see everyone though.

Jasmine's potato soup has a 32 oz. package of frozen shredded hash browns, 4 cans of chicken broth, 1 diced onion, and a package of country gravy mix.  Saute the onion and hash browns in the chicken broth (I use fat free/sodium free) and simmer for about 30 minutes; whisk gravy mix (I don't always use the entire package) into soup.  I have simmered it all afternoon.  If desired, top with shredded cheese and crispy diced bacon - yum yum.

Back later.