The Next Person Game

Comments

• LUVmy2girlZ
    LUVmy2girlZ Member Posts: 880

The next person is tired today....geeee I WONDER why !???

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631

sorry, didn't mean i would strangle dh

• LUVmy2girlZ

Spar ~LOL....I changed my "the next person..." ROTFL...too funny! I edited so Spar wouldn't be strangling her dh...

• enjoylife
    enjoylife Member Posts: 187

This person has rode a bike even in a race to the river years ago but probaly couldnt ride around the block ....

Next person is going to get thier bike down from the garage and ride it this evening around the block....

• LUVmy2girlZ

Enjoylife ~ Good for you !!! YES,, dust it off...I myself used to excercise YEARS ago...I am going to try and squeeze the fast walks in everyday...

I JUST sent my dh who is off this am to RUN 4 times around the block and told him...payback...LOL..we will see how he does!? LOL

False ~ I got rid of my bike years ago cuz I never rode it...should have kept it!

The next person need to (or s/o) have the garage cleaned...maybe I shouldn't have sent him on his 'run'

• enjoylife
    enjoylife Member Posts: 187

Yes this person would rather clean her garage out then have chemo and this person doesnt call it chemo she calls it Ta Ta juice this person is silly..

Next person will smile and say good morning to the next person who walks in the room or office ...

• LUVmy2girlZ

Awww...sorry about the ta ta juice...I heard of it being called "coctail" and to look at it as if its cleaning up 'chemical waste' in with the good out with the bad !  ((hugs Enjoylife)) ....never heard of Ta Ta juice...LOL  KEEP the humor!

Well, dh just left for work...oh, my I laughed SO hardhe came in from his 2 MILE RUN...and dove right in the pool he had a red/purplish hue...should I tell him "good morning now?" LOL LOL

The next person is having a pretty good Monday thus far ?

• takingcare
    takingcare Member Posts: 1,257

True.  However, now that you are doing 2-miles and the other gals  3, I'm really going to have to step up my game just to pull up the  rear (literally-lol) at 1 1/2.  Goals! Goals! Bathing Suit....Goals! lol  Your DH is learning this lesson too! Well, maybe not the bathing suit part. lol

EnjoyLife, you're name says it all!  Too bad we can't spike that TaTa juice to make it easier.  This is one cocktail that really packs a punch! A cancer punch, that is.   Warm thoughts!

The next person is getting ready for their daily workout.  (Let's see if I can muster 1 3/4 miles)...baby steps, baby steps. lol

• LUVmy2girlZ

Yes TC you can do it...step away from the wine baby steps baby step..."what about Bob ...Classic" LOL LOL

I agree Enjoylife SHOULD have some la la in her ta ta ! LOL

The next person luvs appetizers over dinner at restaurants...oh I luv munchies !

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467

True. oh, I love appetizers

Oh my, this is an exercising bunch...I just started walking and up to 1/2 mile. I am so out of shape. Oh gosh, I need to catch up to you guys.

The next person likes to listen to her ipod while walking.

• LUVmy2girlZ

True ~  I haven't done that in awhile...I think it makes it easier too...my dd has been joining me ( not that SHE has anything to worry about ) but its good anyway.  So we chat.

Candie ~  If I can do MY TWO YES THATS RIGHT MY TWO MILE fast walk certainly YOU can! LOL....

next persons bc.org is running slow for you ? ( mine is !?)

• spar2

true it is running slow

the next person is enjoying 90 plus degree weather with lots of sunshine

• irishdreama
    irishdreama Member Posts: 538

Nope, It's partly cloudy and around 68 degrees here in Maine

The next person prefers "real" ice cream from an ice cream shop over the store bought kind

• LUVmy2girlZ

True ~  It always taste better...especially on a 90 degree sunny day ! LOL

The next person is ready for a nap?  I am!

• angie27
    angie27 Member Posts: 179

Taking care, thanks for the complement on the scarf

No to the nap, I wish, I am at work,

probably tomorrow, I go for tx#3

Next person hated chemo (I do)

• spar2

true, hated it worse every treatment

the next person has played the computer game myst (it is so fun)

• WellWater
    WellWater Member Posts: 4,524

Yes, LUV - I love to share a bunch of appetizers rather than one meal.  Seems only us "gals"like to do that.

Last night, I watched an older movie on cable - Fast Food Nation - I will NEVER eat a hamburger at any chain, a taco at any chain or anywhere else their meat products come in frozen.  I ate a hamburger at the airport in Atlanta last week when we had a 4-hour layover.  I woke up at 1am and sat on the toilet until 4am....now I know why.  I think with my system compromised by chemo and rads I am extremely susceptible to any contamination and this stuff has plenty of contaminents in it...UGH.  You want someone to give up fast food?  Have them watch this movie.

OK now that I've ruined some appetites......I am starting up my swim routine tomorrow - have to quite while on rads but now I'm good and healed.....I swim 200 miles a year (1 lap at a time) :)

False on competer game myst.  What is it?

The next person wants to hear about my "bed fan"....my hubby cracks up telling people about it but when you heat up at night and it's not from passion, well fans are a good thing!!!!!

• spar2

true, i want to hear about your bed fan

the next person makes homemade pizzas

• candie1971

False to making homemade pizzas but I have made them when my kids were small..it's been years.

What is a bed fan?

Angie, good luck with tx#3. I hated chemo. I love your scarf...it looks good on you.

Kbug, hope you are feeling better.

I prefer soft serve ice cream.

I walked a 1/2 mile today...I will catch up with you girls.

The next person did some laundry today.

• LUVmy2girlZ

True ~ I do laundry everyday.

I walked my 2 MILES tonight....(I NEVER exercise so this is the "new me")

Yea, gug don't hold back tell us about your "bed fans" LOL...

That "food episode sounds gross" but sadly didn't ruin my appetite!

Spar ~ I just had my girls w/ cousins create their own pizza (I bought the already prep. pizza dough in the bakery isle) Anyway, we had one w/ cheese pepperoni/ham & sauerkraut (I thought ewww...but I guess its a Ohio thing and it was actually good) buffalo chicken w/ranch & Buff. dressing... they were all sooo good!

The next person is in the mood for sweets...oh now I am after my walk! This is defeating the 'purpose'

Now I just saw on todays show...they are "grilling pizza on the BBQ" sounds YUMMY!

• Harley44
    Harley44 Member Posts: 2,126

... I USED to run.  I was walking every night, after my bi-lateral mast., and I tried to keep up with the exercise while getting chemo, but I slacked off at the end, due to fatigue.  Now I am trying to walk, but not keeping up with it like I should.

We have a ceiling fan in the bedroom, and lately, I've been using it at night, so I can sleep.  I still only sleep about 4 or 5 hours a night.

False, I don't eat sweets as much these days, but I still like a cupcake now and then.

Luv- my dh makes grilled pizzas sometimes.  He says the secret is to put the cheese on BEFORE you put the sauce on.  I think it makes the pizzas taste 'different'.

The next person likes to go to minor league baseball games... I do, and we went last night to see the Myrtle Beach Pelicans!  They won, 5-2...

• LUVmy2girlZ

Walking has been great for my mind too...its therapy for me.  But it took me awhile before I was up for it...a nap sounded much better!

Aww Harley, no sleep is not good...I didn't get much last night either..so I am going to go now...

Grilled pizzas and your dh makes it!?  What time is dinner I will bring the wine! LOL ...Thanks for the cheese hint...I WILL try one this summer.

I haven't went to a baseball game in sooo long...my daughter is highly allergic to peanuts and everytime we went she would start an attack.  But its so fun to watch than to see on TV.  Good for you Harley get out more!

The next person has a battery operated toothbrush...I just got one that is disposable and LOOKS just like a reg. toothbrush by OralB ..it works awesome !

• spar2

true, i do have one but i usually just use the manual one.  I still want to know the bed fan stories.  I get shin splints so bad when i walk, anyone have any ideas so it doesn't hurt so bad??

The next person had a tree house as a child (i did)

• catbert4209
    catbert4209 Member Posts: 122

Harley--so good to see your post!  We have a ceiling fan in our bedroom that runs non-stop in the summer!  Got to stay cool!!!!!! 

LUV--walking is my way of solving all the problems in the world, either by myself or with my walking buddies.  I have also become familiar with every open house and home being built in our neighborhood!  Love to see what other people are doing with their floor plans!

I have a wonderful SonicCare toothbrush that I swear has saved my teeth and gums!  Love it!!!

The next person is changing careers!  (I am--HR is just too stressful!!)

Cat 

• candie1971

False to changing careers at this time.

I wish I had a walking buddy. But I can't let that stop me right?You girls are giving me the umph to walk everyday...thanks.

False to electric toothbrush.

Now what about that fan?

I am up way too early this morning,but I can't sleep...gonna get me later in the day...lol.

Spar, what are shin splints?

Harley good to see you...how's the job going?

The next person,also, got up much too early this morning.

• WellWater
    WellWater Member Posts: 4,524

Hey Harley:  Great to "see" you - hope things are a little better.  How's the job going?

If you go to bedfan.com you will see this wonderful invention that works pretty darned well.  It sits at the end of your bed and the sheets go over the top....it blows cool air just on you all night from the feet up.  It is very compact and when it is at bed's end with the covers over it, you can not really see it - the base sits under the bed.  If you are sleeping with someone, it does not disturb them.  And it's nice not to have wind blowing at and on you all night.  I have to have the celing fan on, a small personal fan sits on the night table and now my bed fan under the sheets.  It got pulled out of storage last night since we are not in a heat wave (remember we were 45 degrees last week)......

I started my Arimidix yesterday - man, I sure hope I can take this drug.  One s/e is hot flashes (oh goody), I never suffered hot flashes during menopause but my system thermostat just plain raised itself quite a bit so I'm always warm - throw in a hot flash and I'll probably self combust.

I'm with you Cat on the SonicCare Toothbrush - it makes a world of difference.

True, I always get up early but I actually like it - I can get lots done while the rest of the world is sleeping.

The next person will get in a good hour exercise today - I'm hitting the pool

• Harley44
    Harley44 Member Posts: 2,126

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! 

Hi there, Gugg... I HATE the job!  And, with my herniated disc, it is just MURDER, standing and walking back and forth all day!  I am hoping to find another job soon, but it is what it is, for now.  Also, my boss got bitchy with me yesterday, because I DO still have drs. appts., and am not totally done with all this nipple nonsense!!

Hope you are feeling fine, and your job is good... I think you said that YOU love your job... what do you do again??

Well, I may not be on for a few days, but don't worry.  We are having some friends visit from Florida, hey, I guess they have to go someplace cooler about now.... lol   but I'll be back.

• spar2

shin splints are sharp pain up the bone in the front of your legs.  It hurts so bad you just can't move.  I have had to call DH before on the cell phone to come get me.

false on getting up too early, slept until 9am

The next person put a window unit air conditioner in their bedroom just for hot flashes (I did and it works, blows cold air right on my face)

• my3girls
    my3girls Member Posts: 1,291

False...thankfully I have central air.  My hot flashes are pretty much gone..since I am on effexor hr.

Luvmy2...you are too funny!  If you throw popcorn at me...I would just try and catch it and eat it!! lol...it's one of my favorites!!!

It is raining here..so didn't get my 3 mile run in :(.  Maybe tonight! 

The next person is also experiencing a rainy day like me!

• LUVmy2girlZ
    Spar ~  Here is an article....

Whether you're running after a soccer ball, jogging around the neighborhood park or training for a marathon, you're at risk of running-related injuries. One of the most common injuries is shin splints (medial tibial stress syndrome).

The term "shin splints" refers to pain along the shinbone (tibia) - the large bone in the front of your lower leg. The pain is the result of an overload on the shinbone and the connective tissues that attach your muscles to the bone.

Shin splints are common among runners and other athletes. But the risk of shin splints is no reason to give up your morning jog or afternoon aerobics class. Most cases of shin splints can be treated with rest, ice and other self-care measures - and wearing proper footwear and modifying your exercise routine can help prevent shin splints from recurring.

(Hope that helps...make certain you wear proper shoes ALL the time for support)

Cat ~ I NEED to find a career..any suggestions ?  Thinking on going back to school.  After all your in HR don't you have 'conections' LOL

I agree, walking is so good...I am not one for exercise but walking for me is so different. 

my3 ~ That would be fun to watch! LOL!

False on the rain..its a beautiful sunny day. Okay, I am a few miles up on my3!

The next person drinks at least 8 glasses of water a day...I do!