The Next Person Game

Comments

• my3girls
    my3girls Member Posts: 1,291

False...knock on wood here too..never have!

The next person has a child graduating this year. (any level)

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631

true, my stepson graduated and leaves for the navy next month

No broken bones unless you count a ruptured disc

the next person owns a timeshare

• takingcare
    takingcare Member Posts: 1,257

False, but our friends do, which is why we're headed to Hawaii.

Also, knocking on wood...no broken bones.

True to crosswords, word games, puzzles...just about anything that keeps the brain ticking! lol

False on a graduate this year.

False on the smoking, quit 7 years ago.

Sending Harley healing hugs and when you and Luv find "fun" jobs, I want in!

The next persons teeth and/or gums have suffered from treatment.  (this got missed earlier, so I'm repeating myself...too familiar!) lol

• angie27
    angie27 Member Posts: 179

false, not yet

next person likes to crochet ( I do)

• spar2

true, did have trouble but am in good shape after several thousands of dollars at the dentist

I do like to crochet but am just learning

Angie, What kind of stuff have you made?  Can you do the round dolies?  All i can do so far is make a scarf

the next person cooks pinto beans once a month

• my3girls

False on the pointo beans.

The next person loves the summer fruit!

I do!!

• MissShapen
    MissShapen Member Posts: 3,963

True, I absolutely love all fruit!

TC, no more Herceptin for me. They even took my port out. It was horrible news at the time. If I have a recurrance I'm pretty screwed because I can't take Herceptin or Tykerb. Let's hope I don't need it.

I quit smoking several years ago! :-)

I like to crochet, but I'm still working on a baby blanket that should have been finished years ago.

The next person likes to chew gum.

• my3girls

True...but I have to limit it, due to TMJ!

The next person has had "good"corn on the cob already.

• WellWater
    WellWater Member Posts: 4,524

Hey Miss S:  Sorry for the crap you're going thru - cure the disease kill the person carrying it......ugh.  My onc had mention A/C when I was first diagnosed but I already knew about the heart connnection and since I ALREADY had a heart issue (minor electrical) he said no, we'll do T/C.

TC:  Yes, getting back into the pool is my "reward"......gals, nothing like it not only for the benefit of using every muscle in the body with no impact but just the serenity of being enveloped by healing water (to me all waters heal) is heavenly.  Do I sound like a freakin' nut?

Harley:  Glad hubby is on board if you want to quit, makes it "easier" is you know you can walk out the door at anytime.

True we have had some good corn on the cob but know better stuff is coming.....yum. 

The next person has had good watermelon this year - I bought some but it wasn't quite "there" yet.

• spar2

false on the good watermelon, can't hardly wait for a good one.  We are growing some and hope they turn out good

Have had some really good corn once this year

The next person has been swimming at a lake, ocean, or pool this summer

• my3girls

False...no swimming yet.  I will when I get to Arizona!

The next person makes their bed everyday.

• spar2

false, shame on me I do not make the bed everyday. 

the next person has more than 1 cell phone

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467

True to making my bed.

True also to:debts,mostly medical bills..feeds birds and squirrels and the chipmunks join in..teeth and gum problems..crossword puzzles...broken bones, have had 2 broken ribs and lots of broken toes...my oldest DD just graduated with her Masters in Education...summer fruit...good corn and watermelon...

False to: timeshare,pinto beans

I still smoke :(...don't know how to crochet but would love to learn...when my kids were small I used to make all my own cleaning products..

Gug, I signed up for an aquacise class and I absolutely love it but don't go as often as I should or would like to.

The next person is a tea drinker...I am...I drink herbal caffeine free tea.

• candie1971

True to making my bed.

True also to:debts,mostly medical bills..feeds birds and squirrels and the chipmunks join in..teeth and gum problems..crossword puzzles...broken bones, have had 2 broken ribs and lots of broken toes...my oldest DD just graduated with her Masters in Education...summer fruit...good corn and watermelon...

False to: timeshare,pinto beans

I still smoke :(...don't know how to crochet but would love to learn...when my kids were small I used to make all my own cleaning products..

Gug, I signed up for an aquacise class and I absolutely love it but don't go as often as I should or would like to.

The next person is a tea drinker...I am...I drink herbal caffeine free tea.

• spar2

true to tea, i like english breakfast tea with cream and sugar and also nighttime herbal tea

The next person buys all their grocery's and cleaning stuff from walmart

• Harley44
    Harley44 Member Posts: 2,126

I never smoked ever in my life, but I was exposed to alot of second hand smoke, since my Mom smoked and my dh smoked when we were first married, and before, when we were dating...

Summer is my favorite time of year!  I LOVE cantaloupe!  I am wondering WHO is actually able to eat fruit NOW? 

No I don't make up my bed, Yes, I am having dental problems from chemo, and now... 8 months post chemo, I have mouth sores and OUCH! do they ever hurt!!  WTH?   I am worried about having $$$ huge dental bills, since my dh lost his dental plan when he retired... that is why I took this lousy job, before I was really ready to go back.  Monday, my boss got mad at me, because I have two dr. appts. next week, on Monday a primary care dr. appt., and on Thursday, another 'tattoo' appt. for this aureola... It hurt so bad the last two times, I just want to skip the whole tattoo session, but the original one faded, and the second time around, the whole thing just peeled off!  WTH?  So now I have to go back to get another coat, and I hope it is the last one!!   The tattooist said that she will just go around the nipple, which is still newly  two weeks post surgery...  does this EVER end? 

Yes, I drink tea.

The next person will go to bed early tonight... I probably will, since I have to go to work tomorrow.  It is going to be a long day on my feet all day... but I know others have even longer days, and probably even worse jobs...

• spar2

false on going to bed early, too bad of weather, have to keep eye open for tornadoes

who shops at walmart besides me???

• WellWater

Spar - sorry you have tornado's to watch for tonite - here's hoping none of them touch down on you Oklahomans!  I think OK has had enough bad weather.

Candie:  I was a long time smoker and still miss it at times - I know how damned hard it is to quit but keep trying.......as Mark Twain once said "quitting is easy, I've done it a thousand times"

Also keep at the water exercises - once you get addicted to that you'll be happy.

I make my bed everyday no matter what - even when I planned on going back within an hour or so during chemo drag days - I even wonder what's up with that.

I shop at Walmart - who can pass up those deals?

The next person will be attending a fest this weekend - we're going to the Blues Fest in Chicago's Grant Park as we have for the past 20 years.  It's a wonderful fest.

• catbert4209
    catbert4209 Member Posts: 122

Blues Fest!!!!   I want to come, too!!!

Unfortunately it is tooooooo hot already in Houston to attend anything outdoors.  I'm going to fix up my home office, instead.

Harley, if it is any help, I put in my notice at my job this past week--too much stress and drama at work and I need all my energy to get through my exchange surgery and recovery next Wednesday!  My DH is behind me 100%, thank heavens!

I do make my bed every morning, and put the decorative pillows on it, too!  My dad got us into the habit of making our beds every day, and I have never been able to drop it.

Gug, I love water exercises.  Feels great in the summer in Houston.  I just don't know how soon I'll be able to do them because of the surgery.  Hopefully soon!!!

The next person bakes all their family's cookie recipes at Christmas!

Cat 

• candie1971

True to baking cookies at Christmas. The only year I didn't was when I was doing chemo...just didn't have the energy.

The next person is having a hard time sleeping tonight...I am.

• spar2

guggerty, how far do you live from Chicagos grant park?  Is there anything like that in Sept.  We have to go to Chicago then.

I do a lot of baking at Christmas and Thanksgiving

I am having a hard time sleeping tonight I think because of the weather.  We lost everything we had except our lives in the May 3rd 1999 tornado so I am really scared of them.  It is lightening and thundering with high winds right now.

the next person has visited the Bahamas

• spar2

I lived through all the storms last night with very little sleep though

Has anyone visited the bahamas, i did  along time ago and would love to go back,  my son goes every year for Christmas

• candie1971

False, never have been to the Bahamas...maybe one day

Spar, glad to know you are ok. I saw on the news that you are having tough weather in your area. Prayers coming your way for your safety.

The next person is so glad it is Friday.

• spar2

true, fixing to go get the grandkids and take to the lake

the next person likes to fish

• LUVmy2girlZ
    LUVmy2girlZ Member Posts: 880

True ~ Fridays are good...Cool

Not much of a fisher...but my dh luvs to charter a boat and go ...I luv grouper on the grill...we both fry it and grill it on a cedar plank with olive oil and garlic yum!!!!!  add lemon afterwords...it tends to make fish dry.

Spar (you got your avatar!! GFY..luv it)  miss ya at BW's!  Glad to hear your okay...I am sure panic sets in.

We just started our Hurricane season

The next person luvs the rain while taking a nap!

• candie1971

True, love to nap in the rain...tho I don't usually get a chance to.

False to fishing.

The next person loves to watch tv in bed...I do

• WellWater

False to watching tv in bed....how do you stay awake laying down watching tv?  I can barely stay awake sitting up in a chair watching tv.  I do, however, like to listen to NPR while in bed....love napping to it.

Spar - we are approx an hour away from Grant Park in Chicago.... hubby and I are both born and raised in Chicago and lived there many years.  There is always something going on...I do know off hand that the Jazz Fest is held around Labor Day in Sept.  Google Chicago Festivals and check out what is going on in Sept.  Let me know the dates you are coming in and if I hear of anything I'll pass it on.

Glad you got thru your bad weather ok....we are having storms here now and they keep saying tornado watch......tis the season!

Luv.....I love to nap during any kind of weather!  As a matter of fact when I read your message I immediately got into nap mode and I'm heading over to that bed for a little nappy!

The next person remembers where they were when they heard the news that Robert Kennedy was shot....such a sad day 40 years ago

• takingcare
    takingcare Member Posts: 1,257

False to the actual news of his assasination, but at six I still do remember the televised funeral procession.  

Safe thoughts for all of you undergoing weather watches.   That has to be frightening.  We don't have weather issues, but they've been saying the "big one" (earthquake)  is coming ever since I was a kid.  With the global plates shifting, it makes me a bit nervous.

Spar - Love, love, love your new avitar!  

Guggerty - Wow! Have a blast at the Blues festival.  What fun!!

MissS - As a triple neg, I understand how you feel.  To you, me and all of us...meet NED and may he dance with us forever...

Marcus Schenkenberg 0274

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next person has known NED for over a year.  We've been dancing now for 2!

• MissShapen
    MissShapen Member Posts: 3,963

True, I have been dancing with NED for over a year! *twirl*

We had a tornado here to other day. Scary stuff.

I love to watch TV and movies in bed! Yes, I do sleep while I do it. Hee!

The next person likes horror movies.

• LUVmy2girlZ
    LUVmy2girlZ Member Posts: 880

TC ~  okay, ya post a niiiice pic...but no comment regarding ...then MissS...just continues "conversation" HELLO!????  LOL LOL LOL...

I LOST my concentration....

Okay, focus focus....focus on that hunk! lol..

I don't even have the next person................................................