The Next Person Game

Comments

• angie27
    angie27 Member Posts: 179

false, I do regret many mistakes in the past

next person wish they were thinner

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467

True, I wish I was thinner...I can do something about it, I am lazy and don't have the umph!

The next person loves the fireworks on 4th of July.

• takingcare
    takingcare Member Posts: 1,257

True, as it's always been a family tradition to have the 4th at our house.  This year we'll be in Hawaii and although I'm sure the display is spectacular (according to our friends), I will miss our little ones especially on this day.

Wow Harley...you could become a worldwide tourguide!  Now, that could be a great career.  lol  I'll just sneak in your suitcase and enjoy the sites.

True to wishing I were thinner as I was always thin until about 5 years ago.  Hit 40, gained 20...Had chemo, gained another 20!   Now I'm 46 and need to loose 46, but it's a goal in the making.

True to regrets, but also greatful for the learning aspects.  What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

The next person is enjoying quality time with their kids/grandkids while they are on summer vacation.  (We have our grandson and I'd better get back to playing with Lego's!)

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631

true, am enjoying the grandkids.

I do like the 4th with the beautiful displays of fireworks

Harley, that would be a good career move, to be a tourguide, I can see you.

The next person keeps a journal of daily living

• MissShapen
    MissShapen Member Posts: 3,963

True, sort of. I keep a journal, but it's more weekly than daily. I started keeping it in 2000, the year I moved in with my Mom (who has Alzheimer's Disease) to take care of her. I was journaling the life of homeschooling two boys while caring for my Mom. It has evolved into being more focused on me and breast cancer now. I'm very glad I have written/am writing it!

I don't have many regrets, but I can become very morose if I get too introspective. I do much better just giggling my way through life.

Wish I was thinner? That's the understatement of the year!

The next person has tried the Atkins diet.

• candie1971

False to the Atkins Diet.

The next person has tried the Nutri-System diet...I have.

• Harley44
    Harley44 Member Posts: 2,126

TC and Spar,  thanks!  I tried working at a travel agency, but the owner was just too crazy... she would rant and rave all day long about crazy people, and customers who she could NEVER please. 

Most of my travels we did on our own, without tour guides, but it really sounds like an interesting job, and one that I would like!

No to keeping a journal, but maybe I should, since it may help me to adjust to this new "normal" and maybe to help me to 'move on', and stop thinking about bc 24/7... 

No I have not tried Atkins.  I am gaining so much weight from the tamoxifen I might have to try starvation... I have not been eating much, but every time I go see my pcp dr., I weigh more...   ...sigh.

The next person went out for dinner tonight.  We did... we went to Tomo's Japanese Steakhouse.

• LUVmy2girlZ
    LUVmy2girlZ Member Posts: 880

False ~  Had steak on the grill...but I luv Japanese we don't have Tomo's we have Arigatos and Kobes they cook it on an open grill in front of you ?

Yes, Harley you are certainly the world traveler and I think you may have us all beat on the countries!

I do keep a journal for my girls...Its called "What my children did or say that I want to remember forever" its blank and I try to enter just as soon as I can...yet I have forgot many times and rack me brain! LOL

Thinner I wish...I did just finish my 2 mile walk...and I stress WALK no fast walk. 

False to Atkins...I heard that wasn't a good one ?  Moderation is key...so how many oreos is moderation anyway?

False on Nutri system...I did Weight Watchers and I lost...it took me one year to gain it back.

MissS ~  Bless your heart taking care of your mom and home school no less...What are you freakin Super Woman!? LOL...seriously kudos!

The next person remembers those Kudos !??? The "candy bar" ? What ever happened to those !?

• irishdreama
    irishdreama Member Posts: 538

True, and I still see them around here. I haven't tried any of the typical diets, just cutting back and doing plenty of exercise seems to work for me.

The next person had a baby that weighed over 8 pounds

• takingcare

lol - That would be false, as she was exactly 8 lbs.

False to Atkins and the Nutri-System diets, but I do watch calorie/fat intake and agree with Irishdreama...moderation, coupled with exercise seems to yield the best results for me.

False to a journal...yet, but I think it is a terrific idea! Both MissS and Luv, your reason's behind them are so heartwarming...like you!

False also to steak on the grill, but we did grill chicken.  I too, love Japanese food.  Isn't it funny, we don't have a Tomo's, Arigato's or Kobe's (unless you mean Kobe Bryant...but we won't even go there!) here in California that I know of.  We have Beni Hana's and Wabi Sabi. 

The next person is having Mexican Food tonight.  (DH and I are taking DD and the lil guy to a small hole-in-the-wall place that makes absolutely scrumptious Mexican food.)

• catbert4209
    catbert4209 Member Posts: 122

True--had Mexican lasagne, if that makes any sense! 

I've tried Atkins, Jenny Craig, Scarsdale, and Medifast in the past--the pounds just keep coming back.  I'm on Weight Watchers now, but the tamoxifen is not letting me lose very much or very quickly.  SIGH!!

My babies both weighed in around 7 and 1/2 pounds, and have stayed slender like their Dad.  There is no fairness in the world when I look at a Hershey's kiss and gain two pounds and the three of them can eat all the ice cream in the world and not put on an ounce!

The next person does not care whether or not she loses any weight this year!!!!!

Cat   

• candie1971

False, I would like to lose some weight...only I have to work at it and that's where the problem comes in! I am lazy.

My girls were 7 lbs 11oz and 8 lbs 2 oz, respectfully,

The next person has at least 10 nieces and nephews.

• irishdreama

False-I have 4 nephews and no nieces-my daughter was my parents only grandaughter.

My daughter weighed 9 lb.'s 12 oz. at birth

I'm pretty happy with my weight right now, so long as I can maintain it!!

The next person never eats breakfast

• angie27
    angie27 Member Posts: 179

False, Most important part of the day

Next person is a grandmother (Iam, and I love it)

• spar2

True and I love it also.  They are so much fun and a joy in life

always eat breakfast or my meds make me sick

my kids weighed less than 8 lbs

I am very unhappy with my weight but i am like candie, lazy and love food and drink

the next person is excited about plans for the weekend

• takingcare

True, as we are only one week away from our vacation to Hawaii and need to do some shopping!  What girl can resist that????  DH is horrible, but thanks to DD he has a "Best Buy" gift certificate from Father's Day, so that will buy me a little time in the boutique next door. lol

True to being a grandparent (Nana) and loving it!  It is like parenting on steriods.  You super-size everything, have a ball...then send them home to mommy and daddy for structure and discipline!  We had our grandson this past week and it was another blessed reminder of all that is "precious" in the world.

The next person is an only child.  (True for me, my daughter...and the next generation is yet to be determined)

• MissShapen

False, I have one brother and one sister.

TC, you are just days away from Hawaii! How exciting! I have never been there, but have heard many stories of wonderful vacations there. I know you're going to have a wonderful time!

We had a nice storm yesterday.

The next person likes storms.

• takingcare

Hmmm...I don't know how to answer that.  Being a Calif. native, we don't have storms to speak of.  However, my dear SIL relocated to KY after being a Cal Gal and absolutely loves the "true" seasons AND storms.  So, taking it from a reliable source, I'd say they're pretty cool...so long as there is no damage or destruction.  Right now, so many places are taking a hard hit, it's a really hard question to answer.

MissS, This is our very first trip abroad so we are pretty excited. I'd love to sneak you on board.  Now, that would be double trouble!!! lol Thank you for you're sweet thoughts.  It will be a beautiful memory, I'm sure.

The next person can Hula dance... (lol, guess I'd better learn quick!) 

• catbert4209

False, but I'm thinking of taking belly dancing lessons!  Supposed to be great to help lose belly fat!!!!

I do love storms, except the ones that might have tornados in them!  Even sat at home to watch the clouds during Hurricane Rita! 

TC, can I squeeze into the suitcase with MissS???  Hope you have a wonderful trip!  You deserve it!

The next person is planning on a month-long "get away" this year!

Cat 

• irishdreama

No-I wish! No vacation for me-trying to get caught up on medical bills etc.

The next person sings kareoke

• spar2

false, with my voice if i sang at all i would be kicked out

TC, I want in your suitcase also, just leave your clothes at home and take your breastfriends

I love storms also, rain, thunder, lightening but no to tornados

False to month long vacation but sorta true since we take a week long vacation 4 or 5 a year

The next person likes to fix up their yard like their own personal oasis. flowers, birdbaths, statues etc

• MissShapen

True/False I would love to have a beautiful yard, but I have been too lazy to make it happen. :(

I am so tired all the time, it's all I can do to work full time and look after my mom. I keep waiting for my energy to return.

The next person is ready for the digital tv switch in February '09.

• takingcare

True, thanks to DH.  I am so not electronically inclined! I'd be one of those people banging on the TV wondering what the heck is going on come February!

True to the yard.  We spend more time outside than we do indoors.  We have plants, flowers, rustic suns on the wall, and a few windspinners.  No birdhouse, as my husband is afraid of birds!   Shhhh!!!  Don't tell him I just shared that. lol

Awww...MissS, I think you need this vacation more than anyone. I'd personally find you a nice relaxing hammoc on the beach nestled between two palms, and a good looking island native to serve you Mai Tai's until your hearts content.  That would help revitalize you.  We took care of my MIL here at home with hospice and that was before BC.  I cannot imagine how you manage.  My heart is with you.

False to the month long vacation.  We've been planning and saving for this one week trip for over two years.  Yes! Yes!  I'd love to take all of my breastfriends on this trip.  Cat, Spar, anyone...do you have a larger suitcase?

and we must make room for this little guy...

Go to fullsize image

(The caption on ths picture says "I Won't Move until you take me with you, even though I might, just might pee on your bra!) lol

The next person takes their pet(s) with them on vacation.  (I wish we could!)

• spar2

false, we leave the dog at a kennel and the cats and ducks we leave out feeders and those 5 gallon water jugs and we also have a pond where they can drink.

TC, your squashing me, Miss S, your foot is in my face, cat - scoot over

The next person crys at sad movies and sometimes funny ones

• catbert4209

TC--I know we can squeeze in!!!! Move over MissS and spar!!  My paws need to fit in!

LOL!  Have a wonderful time!

Spar--It's true!  I cry at sad movies, funny movies, romantic movies--I'm a wuss!!!

The next person laughs out loud when reading something funny in a book!  (I know I do!)

Cat 

• LumiPojo
    LumiPojo Member Posts: 752

True - I do laugh loud and hard if I find something funny - I can't help it!

The next person owns a rabbit (where did this come from?!)

• MissShapen

I don't own a rabbit, but we had one when the kids were little. Someone dumped it off in the woods near our house, so we fed it. That rabbit used to chase the cats out of our yard. I have a picture of it eating catfood alongside our cat. His name was Sullivan.

I definitely laugh out loud when reading, too. In fact, I laugh out loud frequently all day, every day. LOL

The next person takes showers, but loves an occasional bath!

• irishdreama

No-I love my showers, but hate soaking in a tub! I do laugh out loud when reading something funny, though!

The next person loves Italian food

• spar2

true, i do and my husband will look at me like I am crazy sometimes

the next person loves Mrs Fields pies ( I do)

• kbugmom
    kbugmom Member Posts: 8,310

false my fav are mine lol

next person has been to beach in last week...i have