Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The power of prayer...

Options

Comments

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited December 2008
    Options

A Prayer of Hope

Father in heaven, thank You for the life You have given me, and for

the eternal life promised through Your Son, Jesus Christ. Take my

disease away, O God, and draw it to Yourself along with my sins,

my worries and my fears. Lord, if You want me to live, help me

learn what I can do to help  You bring healing in my body. Bless

and make wise my doctors and all who tend to my needs at this

difficult time in my life. In Jesus name, AMEN

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited December 2008
    Options

Lord, I know that we are instructed to pray for thy will, not ours.  I pray that whatever your will may be for us, that you will give us the strength we need to accept it and deal with it.  In Jesus name, Amen

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

I prayed for you today, gave thanks for your life, wished you the best.

I asked God in heaven to bless you with good health and happiness.

I sent you good thoughts, surround you with hope and faith and love.

I asked your guardian angels to protect you and keep you safe from

harm and to blanket you with joy and contentment and peace and prosperity.

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited December 2008
    Options

Hi my sweet sisters...

I need some prayers....this morning....I can barely walk.  My lower back is hurting so badly!   I go see my Dr. today......I called them yesterday and they are working me in.  I have just felt so bad since my last chemo.  Can't feel better for some reason.  

My next round of chemo is a week from tomorrow.  At this rate.....I'm not gonna have one day of feeling better before I get my next round.

Thanks......hugs and love

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited December 2008
    Options

Psalm 46: 1-3

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth gives way and the mountains fall into the herat of the sea.

Though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

This may have been posted before, but today, Genia, it goes out to you.

• OnEaglesWings
    OnEaglesWings Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2008
    Options

Oh Dear Genia,  my heart goes out to you.  I am so sorry you are going through this....but even in the deepest valley, we know we can trust our Lord to take us through, and be everything we need Him to be. 

May the Lord just come beside you, up under your shoulder, and help to carry you..... together you can walk this road....I see that you are to complete chemo January 7th..... Oh dear Lord, please lift Genia today.... carry her weary body, BE her strength.  May your Love support, comfort, heal her body, mind, and spirit.  Let her know that you will help her bear this load.  You, too, knew the road of suffering... you, too, bore a cross..... but you, too, rose to VICTORY.

Fill Genia with the strength that comes from the Hope that this too shall pass, she WILL have victory.   Even now may her body, mind, and spirit be filled, saturated, and overflowing in the light of your healing LOVE.

Just love on her Lord..  I am so sorry that she is going through this.... but in all things.... we trust your character, we trust your love.  Help her in every way she needs, right now... in Jesus' name.

Amen.

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, Bless Your daughter Genia at this time, She is in need of Your comfort anf healing power.  We  know that You are always there with Your arms open to us. Like the bible verse: Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

So Lord we bring our friend to you. We thankyou for all You have given us. AMEN

• Genia
    edited December 2008
    Options

You all are just the BEST.......I wish I could give each one of you a huge hug in person!!! 

Thank you for those sweet prayers.......I just got home from the Dr. and he said that the food poisoning was the culprit.  That along with the chemo has just zapped me......and I can't get better.  So he gave me some medicine......and said if I wasn't better in a few days to come back.   He also said we may have to put my chemo off a week if I don't start feeling better soon.

I had thrush on top of everything else.....so it ain't no wonder I don't wanna eat.

hugsssss......genia

• Granny71
    Granny71 Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2008
    Options

Genia: Glad to hear from you, but sorry you are going through so much, added to chemo.  Prayers continue for God's strength and comfort, in Jesus' name, Love, Granny.

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

You are a very special lady, Genia you are one of Gods angels fighting to win! God bless you. To all the wonderful people that are praying and helping Genia, God loves You!  Well I better get ready to get my blood test at the cancer Dr in the morning. I see the dr before Christmas. I wish it was after.  Hugs to all

This is that day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited December 2008
    Options

This is one of my favorite Bible verses. I find it comforting! For Genia and all the other lovely ladies here! :)

Zephaniah 3:17

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

• Genia
    edited December 2008
    Options

Thanks ladies....I appreciate you all so much.   Just keep praying if you will.....I'm not getting any better. 

I'll call the Dr. back tomorrow.....I have felt so miserable all day long.  

hugs, love and blessings to you all

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Prayer of Hope

Father in heaven, thank You for the life You have given me,and

for the eternal life promised through Your Son, Jesus Chirst.

Take my disease away, O God, and draw it to Yourself along

with my sins, my worries, and my fears. Lord, if you want me

to live, help me learn what to do to help You bring healing in

my body. Bless and make wise my doctors and all who tend to

my needs at this difficult time in my life. In Jesus' name, AMEN

• Genia
    edited December 2008
    Options

I'm feeling better today....hopefully on the mend now. 

Thanks for the prayers ladies...you all are just the best ever!!!

Genia

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Time is too slow for those who wait,

Too swift for those who fear,

Too long for those who grieve,

Too short for those who rejoice;

But for those who love, time is eternity. Henry Van Dyke

• Genia
    edited December 2008
    Options

How is everyone? 

Just checking in....hugs, love and blessings to you all!

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dear Genia, Hi sister in Chirst, I am trying hard to be strong. Being alone for the holidays is hard and when your not as strong you dont do is much. I have got one Christmas card this year and not a family member . I can do it better after I see the cancer Dr this week I hope. We know we have to be strong.  Sending lots of love, Debbie

• Genia
    edited December 2008
    Options

Move closer to me Debbie and I PROMISE you won't be alone for Christmas......  :)

I hope your Drs appt goes well.....I will be prayin for you sweet lady!

hugssss

• kbugmom
    kbugmom Member Posts: 8,310
    edited December 2008
    Options

Debbie we love you and are there with you in spirit. I wished you lived close to me. I would get you a mug of hot choc and we could just sit and talk and talk. lol Hang in there our bc sister.

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dear Friends, I got to church today and I sat down on the pew and a lady with very heavy perfume sat by me. I just cant believe the way Satan is working over time even in church.

I know that I can get threw with a very special family here. God bless all of you. Genia I was ask if anyone fixed my ramp and I said no, They were told it was done. I will make it I just wish people wouldnt promise and then forget. God loves you all and so do I. Hang in there, Debbie

• Genia
    edited December 2008
    Options

Well hopefully you changed seats.

So is someone gonna come fix it now Debbie???  That's a shame......

And we love you too Debbie.......hugsssss

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited December 2008
    Options

thchristmas-candle-glitter-animatio.gif Christmas candles image by janglhartzJust a little Christmas cheer to brighten your night. Sleep tight!

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, Bless all the wonderful people on this line. Help them to see that you are always there to walk with us. Bless our friend Genia that your comfort will surround her threw this time. Help others that are in need of Your guiding hand to help them make the right decisions. Lord we love You and are grateful to be able to remember Christmas and all the miracle's of Your birth. Bless those that are hurting. Thank You Lord. AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, Thankyou for all the little blessing we recieved this day. There are many people in need of your comfort, They are tired and weak, Help them to remember that You are beside us each day. We are so grateful for all you do for us, Lord thank you  the beauty of your birthday coming up. It reminds us we are a family, And we share more love. Help those that are alone to remember we are never alone. We love you Lord, AMEN

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dearest Father.

Watch over your children. Wrap them in the loving care of your compassionate embrace. Give us one to another in the midst of our trials and tribulations. Hold us one to another, in the midst of it all. Give us your light, that we may follow it all of our days.

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, Alot of friends here are in need of your comfort and love, We have friend that are very close with you and know you are always there.  Please help them and others that forget threw their battles that, "You will never leave them or forsake them". And may we remember that You peace surrounds us everyday. AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dear Father in Heaven,  We are in need of you to help our friends and familys get threw. Bless Faiths little ones that they my be feeling better soon. Please help our friend Pam as she goes to battle again and will win. Help all the Debbie's that are in need of Your comfort at this time. That they will remember You are always there. To are new people and anyone else that needs your touch at this time, Let them feel your warmth. We love You Lord, AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, You know all those that are in need of Your comfort and blessing. Lord help them to remember they are never alone, We ask the you bless Genia and any other on this line in need of strength and courage to fight their battle. We know Lord can see every tear and pain, But You also help us to smile and remember we are loved. Help us Lord to see the rainbow threw this storm. AMEN

• Genia
    edited December 2008
    Options

Thank you Debbie.....I needed this today.  I have chemo Monday and I don't wanna go.......I know I have to......but I sure don't wanna.

hugsssss......Genia

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, Be with those that are battling right now and give them strength and  faith to keep up the battle.  Bless the sick and weak and like footprints, Let us remember you are there to carry us threw. Lord, we know there a people alone and need you, Bless them with your comfort and love. Help the elderly and disabled to get threw these stormy weather we are having. We love you Lord, and thank you for all our blessing. AMEN