Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Chemo in Sept 08

Comments

• cjh
    cjh Member Posts: 27
    edited October 2009

Hi All,

It is CJ...have not responded for nearly a year, but have kept up. I had the brain tumor with the breast cancer...brain tumor was suppose to be treated with Gamma Knife. It doubled in size while I was on chemo so had to be surgically removed. Then I developed complications; hydrochephalus and cognitive deficiencies and mega headaches.  The good news is I am back! I consider myself a minor miracle and have managed to have my first two grandchildren this August. So grateful to be here...

CJ

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited October 2009

CJ - Welcome back! So sorry you went through so much. Congrats on the grandchildren, and we are grateful you are here too!!!

Big hugs Kiss

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited October 2009

CJ- so great to have you back! What a year! I am glad you are on the mend and I know the grandchildren are a much needed distraction! Take care!

Juli- as Charlie Brown would say "Good Grief" Never heard of that..but hope it tells them something!

Have a great day ladies!!

• Juli50
    edited October 2009

It took me over an hour to fill the 1st vial! Good Grief is right! LOL

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2009

Juli!!! LOL!!! That's a new one for me! but if it will help you get better and feel good, I say, SPIT AWAY!!! LOL. 

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited October 2009

That's a new one for me, Juli.  Are you drinking a lot?

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

If I was Juli, I'd want to be drinking alcohol. (then it wouldn't seem so gross, all the spitting!!!)

CHRIS!!!! I received my collage!!! I LOVE IT!!! Thank you!!! Will hang this and the Inspire coaching sayings over my desk!!!   :)

I am starting to feel better. Did I say that yet? Almost 6 weeks post op, and finally, starting to feel like my old self, more and more each day... 

• bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited October 2009

Spring,  confidentially of course, I mentioned your breast recon center to my nurse/doc here  and the praise I heard about their work from my ONC and her nurse blew me away. 

Hang in there friend...love and hugs to everyone:)

JuliSmile luv ya 

Mina 

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Mina, thanks for sharing. I am impressed that they are known like that in NYC!!!  

• Juli50
    edited October 2009

Spring - 6 weeks already??? So glad you're feeling better!

Speaking of feeling better... amazing what a little heart pill can do! You can bet I'll never forget that one again!

Still spitting away... on my 3rd vial, 1 more to go before I can go to bed. I can't eat or drink anything for an hour before each one, only chew on a piece of wax. Whoever invented this test was nuts! LOL

hugs Kiss

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited October 2009

Hi Girls,

CJH, you poor thing what an awful time you have had. I am so happy to hear that you are doing well now, you must be an amazingly strong lady! Stay her with us and stay well.

Spring, gald you are feeling better, even though it seems like yesterday to us that you had your surgery, I bet it feels like a long 6 weeks to you.  Glad you received your collage and like it.

Jane, has yours come yet?

Juli, I must have missed the explanation of the spitting, sounds awful, but glad you heart is feeling better.

All is well with me, I have lost 6 lbs so far, I am on a roll. I am having a halloween party at the end of the month and must fit into my dress, its a lovely red evening dress, I will add some sequined horns and be a sexy red devil, but at the moment it doesn't do up!

Take care everyone, Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Chris!! Wonderful!! Congrats on the 6 lbs!!!  Nothing like a "goal" to keep you going. 

Julie, spitting and chewing wax??? I never heard of such a thing!!!   If they have invented it medically, likelihood is our Juli has been subjected to it!!! ahhhhck!!!

All, have a blessed day... :) 

• Juli50
    edited October 2009

Chris - My new neurologist is testing to see if my adrenal glands were damaged from the chemo and that could be the cause of my stinging. So she gave my this crazy test where I had to fill up 4 vials with my saliva over the course of one day, freeze it, and mail it to lab the next day. I want something to be wrong so I can justify spending almost 5 hours spitting! LOL

This same doctor wants me to take Carnitor. It helps the heart muscle. But one of the possible side effects... unpleasant body odor! The pill smells like fish! She wants me to take 2/day, but I'm afraid it'll make me stink! LOL

and the good news... my b/f will be here on Saturday night (for 6 months). Doin' the happy dance! Last year when he was here I was doing chemo, was in the hospital, and then was doing rads when he left. This will be a much better 6 months! (unless I smell like fish!)

hugs Kiss

• SingaporeChris
    edited October 2009

Hi Girls,

Juli what an awful spitting time you must be having. Great news about your b/f staying for 6 months, you will have a wonderful time. The fish thing is a difficult one, you will just have to try it and see, as you said it is only a possible side efffect. At the moment you don't smell like fish :) so don't worry unless you actualy do. When do you start the pill, I will let you know if the fishy smell comes though in your posts.Laughing

Have a good weekend.  Singapore Chris x

• Juli50
    edited October 2009

I started the Carnitor 2 days ago, so I've only taken 2 pills. I can't even put them in my pill box or it will stink up the box. No wonder the pills are individually packaged! When I see the doc on the 27th, I'll ask her if I really need to take 2/day..

Anyone taking CoQ10? The neurologist put me on that too, but I don't remember why. (chemobrain)

hugs Kiss

• Jane_M
    edited October 2009

Chris, I received my collage and it's wonderfu!  I'm leaving today to go to Boston for the weekend for a women's retreat. 

On another note, I think my pharmacy shorted me 30 lyrica.  I'm out and they say it's not due to be refilled until the 28th.  It's a controlled substance, so I will have to do without until then.  Not something I'm looking forward to.

• Juli50
    edited October 2009

Jane - my PCP used to give me free samples of Lyrica. Can you get some that way?

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Juli, ha!!! Let us know about the fish smell, how it goes. I take CoQ10 and a lot of other things. CoQ10 for heart I believe. 

Chris, loving my collage!!! I do Yoga in my home office and see it every day now... :) 

• bar62
    edited October 2009

Juli, me likes the boyfriend coming  to visit ya for a while girl!

I took CoQ10 but I got a cold so I stopped and didn't take it again...let me know how you feel...I need a fatigue get out of my life remedy:)

Jane, the pharmacist should give you the pills that you were shorted...OMG ...I just checked your avatar; you live  in NY State, my state. This state is so  strict; I hope you can get some help and get the medicine you need.

I tried but I can't 't buy Sudafed, for my stuffy/runny nose until I change my TX DL into some form of NYS ID. Sudafed is used to make methamphtamine, or so my pharmacist tells me. NYC has been home  to so many many years of Drug abuse for so many years.I give up.

When I lived in TX all my narcs and sleepers were called  to my drug store  from my docs offices, I thank GOD for that because I was in 24/7 pain until they gave me Methotrexate. Here in this city, I have to get all  my scripts for sleeping pills etc. handed to me or mailed to me as I establish a relationship with my  docs office and they know I'm not an addict.

Even Cali wasn't this bad.

xoxo

mina

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited October 2009

mina- that is an unfortunate effect of all the idiots out there trying to make meth at home. People who have a brain and use medicines like they are supposed to suffer from all the people out there on meth who have a HOLE eaten into their brain from the drugs!! Anf these people do not realize how it ages them or how bad they look while doing it..

Juli- Hope you and the BF have a great time together. I swear I don't know bout all these CA dr's spitting and fishy smelly drugs...Sounds kind of strange to me...

Have got the fall cold and cough and am sooo tired of coughing and have gone through about 10 boxes of kleenex...the weather changed here very quickly and we are going to have 30's tonight...we just cut the air off!!!

Gotta run- time to let the cat in and make the coffee, have already checked my crops on f-ville LOL

Have a great day!!!!!

Lisa/BG

• SingaporeChris
    edited October 2009

Hi Girls,

Just checking in to see how you are all doing.  I have just been out to give another awarness talk to Estee Lauder this time, a very nice group of ladies and all so well made up.

Have a great week everyone!

Singapore Chris x

• Jane_M
    edited October 2009

I wouldn't even know where to begin converting pseudophed into meth and I have a college education!  How do these addicts figure this stuff out?

• Jane_M
    edited October 2009

By the way, I have no way to "prove" the pharmacy shorted me 30 pills.  You can bet I'll stand right there at the counter and count them from now on. So, I'm SOL until the 28th.  I didn't realize how much they helped until I didn't have them.  The neuropathy is back in my hands and feet on top of the rest of the pain I still had.

• Wink
    Wink Member Posts: 476
    edited October 2009

Chris - received the collage on Friday, thank you so much; I love it!

• SingaporeChris
    edited October 2009

Hi Girls,

Wink I am glad you liked your collage, it is good to look at everyones faces and feel a warm bond. The pain I still had in one of my heels, had just evaporated!  I don't know why or how, but I am very glad it has gone.  I have been to the gym, made a flower arrangement and am having lunch with friends (chemo girls). I hope you are all enjoying life the best you can.

Have a great day everyone, Jane, I really hope the next couple of weeks passes quickly for you if you are in pain.

Singapore Chris x

• Juli50
    edited October 2009

Jane - Wish I had some Lyrica to send you! I have lots of leftover gabapentin.  I didn't have any SE's with Lyrica, but it didn't help me either.

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Yay Chris!! Glad the pain is GONE!!!

• bar62
    edited October 2009

Chris NO more pain.....YEAH!!!. My collage is on my  bedroom wall, not framed yet, but I can look at it everyday, anytime I want, and make myself feel good.

Jane, I'm with you about counting those pills at the counter. CVS isn't bad with pill counts so far,but the NYC Regulation Pharmacy check people discovered that some of the them were dispensing expired medications. There was a big write up in the papers...who knew.

I can't believe those meth  tales either...unbelievable. 

God bless and keep us safe and warm and loved...hugs to all...I'm getting better with my farming. Hey girls,   on time  harvesting is the key...:lol:lol

Yesterday,  I had no dead plants. 

??? Help!

How do I bring your farms next to mine on my vacant side? Is there a way to make all my land parcels contiguous? I'm starting to enjoy myself a lotSmile

xoxo

mina

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Mina, I think the farm things just put people where they want. I seem to "rotate" neighbors. I saw your crops! Keep up the work! 

Ladies, some of us on FB are going crazy with Farmville. LOL. Sillyness.  

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited October 2009

Mina, to get your crops together, you will need to delete them and re-add them.  There is a delete tool in the right bottom corner above the gift box.