Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Chemo in Sept 08

Comments

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited October 2009

Chris - Great news! Happy dance for you! I will email you my list of meds.

Spring - So funny about the pansies. My kitchen in my last house was decorated with pansy stuff... so I can't forget that one. LOL

I see the new neurologist tomorrow. Hope she's heard of this stinging thing.

hugs Kiss

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited October 2009

Hi Girls,

The surgeon said I could either leave the cyst or drain it and then send it off to see what it is.  I said as we have looked at every single part of my body, lets check this thing out.  He tried to drain it, but is would not drain, too thick or hard, so the tiny bit he did get has been sent off.  It was not a pleasant experience having an injection in my neck with lots of prodding and poking!

Juli I am beginning to know how you feel, I have had enough now and just want to be left alone.

I am off to bed now, feeling exhausted.

Take Care everyone, Chris x

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2009

Oh Chris, I hope you are not too sore the next day! All that poking. 

I had a blood test today, fasting. drank a ton of water this morning, and was drinking in the lab place. 2 digs and she could not get a vein with blood. It's like they were dried up. I kept telling her to take the one on the inside of my wrist. Well, She went off to get another blood lady, and while she was gone I smacked that vein and by the time they were back it was this huge fat thing that squirted blood like a hose!!!

Spring. 

• Juli50
    edited October 2009

Chris - hope the cyst is nothing serious.

Spring - I had 5 more tubes of blood taken today. Then I saw the neurologist and she wants more blood tests done to check for vitamin deficiencies. I am also doing an adrenal gland test because she said she had a couple patients that had a stinging problem, and it was caused by adrenal gland issues.

Chris - the neurologist is changing/adding/deleting some of my meds and supplements, trying to get me and my heart healthy again.

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Julie,

Well, that's a lot of blood, but I am so glad she is trying to figure this out - not giving up!!! 

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited October 2009

gee whiz- you guys are regular blood donors!!!

Chris- so glad you got the all clear and I hope the cyst is nothing to wory about.

Juli- When they DO figure this out..SOMEBODY need to write a book about it!! LOL

Things are good here. I go next week for a port flush..

Calli is having a rough week with this round of chemo but has been better than before. She has been able to go to some of the UGA football games, come to church a few times and see some of her friends and also been able to go out with her family and watch the guys play golf...just living . She is a trooper. She has to ger her levels down to come home..please pray that the levels come down tomorrow for her.

Mina- HUGS to you! I close my eyes and envision myself walking right along with you in the midst of the big city..you are carrying us with you.

Chemobrain!!! Ugh I can't remember people's names!!!!!!!!! People talk about friends on FB and I cannot remember who they were..I also can relate to trying to remember the pill schedule!

Have a great Friday!!  Love you all!

Lisa

• SingaporeChris
    edited October 2009

Hi Girls,

Just had a call from the surgeon and my cyst is nothing to worry about, he says it doesn't even need to come out!  Thank god, I can relax again now and enjoy life.

Spring you did make me laugh, smaking that vein, something the only way forward is to give you viens a good smack, I have done it myself, there is nothing like a big fat jucy vien to make you feel good.

Juli, they will find what it is that is causing the stinging and it will go away, SOON!

Lisa, good to hear from you, thanks for the update on Callie, I will be thinking of her and hoping all is well, the poor little thing.

Genia has received her collage of photos, so be sure to check your postboxes girls, all who wanted to be included were, so I don't think there is any harm in saying it here.

I have been to a meditaiton group this morning and am sitting at home with a sented candle doing some flower arranging.

We have another race tomorrow with a team from the Discovery channel, should be fun.

Happy postive vibes coming your way.

Singapore Chris x

• bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited October 2009

Morning/Afternoon girls,

I'm at the library. I tried to read a book of substance again. :lol:lol  I think I'll stick with the  newspaper a while longer. I brought my book back; it was on hold. arrrgh.

Congratulations Chris! Spring, I feel ya...as the kiddos used to and maybe still do say...I feel ya.

I can't wait for my crazy sexy mole mapping next week.:)

xoxo

mina

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited October 2009

Chemobrain - I forgot to wear my prosthesis to work the other day.  I had to stuff my bra with kleenex!

I wasn't selected to participate in the fatigue study because my EKG was abnormal.  They are sending me a copy of it to share with my PCP as I've never had an abnormal EKG before.

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Jane, LOL about stuffing!!!  Cripes about the EKG. Maybe your PCP will redo it. Let us know what happens. 

Chris, so glad you are okay with just a cyst. i have not received my collage of photo's, but will keep looking! I can't wait....

Mina, what is a mole mapping??? LOL. sounds like it might tickle...???

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited October 2009

Speaking of blood tests, my Vitamin D was low.  The onc gave me a prescription for high dose vitamin D to take for the next few weeks.  Not sure why it was so low.

• Juli50
    edited October 2009

I am supposed to take Calcium Citrate and not Calcium Carbonate. Every multivitamin I looked at has Calcium Carbonate. So frustrating! I want to be a pharmacist in my next life! LOL

Chris - Great news!!!

Jane - Sorry about the fatigue study and the EKG. :(

Mina - "crazy sexy mole mapping"... you are too funny!

Lisa - Thanks for the news on Calli.

Chemobrain again - went for bloodwork this morning and they said, "Can't do it on a Friday. It has to get processed in 24 hours and tomorrow is Saturday. Didn't the doctor tell you that?" I suppose she did, but darned if I can remember! LOL

TGIF!

hugs Kiss

• Juli50
    edited October 2009

Chris - Just got my collage! Thanks so much! You are so special to do that for us! Love you!

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Colleen,

Vitamin D is the new thing. I am supplementing 5K per day. Finally my numbers started moving to the mid ranges. Takes some time. some thing Low D and cancer risk are related.

Who knows!

Did some gentle yoga today (I have my Yoga teacher on my ipod). It was gooooood. 

• Wink
    Wink Member Posts: 476
    edited October 2009

I've heard that a lot of people are low in Vit D because of sunscreen use and other skin cancer precautions.  I have not had mine checked, but I take 1000mg daily along with Calcium citrate.

Juli - I believe that Caltrate has Calcium citrate; it is the form of calcium that is most easily absorbed.

I was asked to speak at our American Cancer Society support group last Thursday; I talked about the lab tests that doctors commonly order, including the screening tests for cancer patients.  Then I directed the group on a tour of the laboratory; everyone was very interested and enjoyed seeing the "behind the scene" workings of the laboratory.  Next month I will be trained as a mentor in the Reach to Recovery program - I'm really looking forward to it!

Bev - I have an iPod Touch; is the Yoga teacher an app?  Are you ok with the stretching?

Have to share something funny.  I bought a Wii with the WiiFit balance board & program.  I made an avitar of myself (Wii calls it a "Mii"); after my BMI was calculated, I was told that I was obese and my Mii plumped up!  I laughed so hard that I wasn't even mad (I do not think that I am obese!).  Have been having a lot of fun with the Wii.  Also got some Zumba DVDs and am learning all of the basic steps. Hopefully I'll get better because presently I feel like I have two left feet! Embarassed And, I can't do a whole lot with my arms yet - incisions are too fresh.

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited October 2009

chris- got my package yesterday too. Thank you for your time, for the encouraging message and the beutiful pin. Soooo thoughtful..

Have a great Saturday ladies.

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Winkie,

LOL on the Mii plumping up!!! Really!!! That is a bit presumptuous!!! I think they should have asked you first!!!  Good for you on the tour and all!!!

My Yoga teacher sold a CD of gentle Yoga, and I put it in iTunes and is now on my iPod. I use a little micro speaker in the room. So far the stretching is great. I am not pushing it. But am concerned about range of motion. i also have PT exercises that I do (arms up the wall, snow angles, etc).

Spring. 

• SingaporeChris
    edited October 2009

Hi Girls,

Wink, great that you are going to be in the Reach for Recovery Program, thats wonderful.

Talking of funny stories, one came to mind.  About 10 years ago I was in Singapore and joined a local gym, My instructor was a young Singaporean man who told me the only way to get rid of my saddle bag hips was to "have liposuction!" I was horrified and stopped going to that gym. Last week I was in the laughter workshop and was asked to think of something bad then something good.  The first bad thing that came to mind was the liposuction story, although I am not upset about it, I just think it is funny now. It occurred to me a few days later that is wasn't cancer! I think that the reason my cancer journey wasn't so bad is party because of you girls being there to share it with, so thanks girls.

If we ever come to live in the States, I think we should work out some kind or reunion/meeting. Even if it is far into the future, we could save and find ways to raise money so that we could meet up. Where there is a will there is a way.

Glad you like the collages girls. I am sure the others are on their way. Singapore Chris

• bar62
    edited October 2009

Chris, I just got my collage; it's beautiful and I'll treasure it forever. I put it on my wall right in front of me for now until I either scrapbook it or frame it.

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

I still have not received my Collage!!!! :(((

What is wrong with the mail here!!!!????

What type of container does it arrive in, just a regular envelope?  I am now wondering if I've somehow missed it. Though I have been looking in the mail for several days now, ever since someone here announced they received theirs....

That young Songoporean Man was correct. I think lipo is the only cure at this point! Or starvation. LOL.

I would agree to a reunion! I would just need a head start to get time off work. Unless it is past May 2013, at which point I hope to be retired. :)   

• Juli50
    edited October 2009

Spring - It came in a large (maybe 10x13) envelope. And no mail delivery tomorrow...federal holiday.

Donna - I had just bought a big bottle of Caltrate, and it is calcium carbonate. I gave it to my son with Crohn's. The only one I could find with calcium citrate was Citracal. I found a "Gummy" multivitamin without calcium. So I'll take those until I see my doctor again. Besides, they are really yummy! lol

hugs Kiss

• bar62
    edited October 2009

When I go out today, I'll have my Christian pin on my jean jacket (TY CHRIS) my jade on my pocket key chain and my prayers going up for all of us especially Calli. If I missed anyone's birthday forgive me please.

I watched Wanda Sykes's comedy special on HBO last night and LMFAO. One of her last and best jokes  was about the time she was on her cell phone talking to a friend while she complained to her friend that she couldn't find her cell phone. SO funny! She's 51 and hasn't  disclosed her medical history  so I guess we are hanging in there.

love you all 

• bar62
    edited October 2009

Wink, before I head out, I was thinking; my Mii would turn into a Humpty Dumpty. I was still trying on the wrong sizes until recently, It has been a while since I bought clothes or  coats or anything.  It took me a while to get the message; clothes do have to fit. :lol:lol

I know I'm obese but until recently I would still try on L sizes  I think I was just not into it I  was just so tired all the time. I thought it was my FMS but maybe it was this yucky cancer.

Exercise program ASAP!

xoxo

mina 

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

OK, I could NOT have missed a 10x13 envelope! Hopefully soon. .... I can't wait to see this collage!

• SingaporeChris
    edited October 2009

Hi Girls,

Glad you like the collage those who have received it.

Spring if it doesn't arrive in the next few days, let me know and I will send you another one. The envelope contained the A4 collage, A4 inspirational sayings, a small card and a breast cancer awareness pink ribbon, Singapore have a new design every year, I hope it comes.

Hope everyone is well. bye for now, Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

I will let you know chris!!!

• Jane_M
    edited October 2009

Spring - don't panic!  I haven't received mine yet, either.

I met with the plastic surgeon today to discuss reconstruction options if I had my R sided mastectomy.  The only option that I have is to take the tissue from my back and pull it around front and put expanders in.  This is not what I want.  So, I have decided to just go with the mast and no reconstruction.  I told my nurse that I can continue wearing prosthesis.  I can buy as many as I want.  Today I may feel like being a size B cup, tomorrow I may want to be a D cup.  I can keep my options open.

I've scheduled the mast for November 9.  I have to have pre-op clearancer on November 2, so my PCP will have to do a new EKG then.  I'm also getting a copy of the one they did at UCONN which I will give him.

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Jane,

I think no recon is a fine option. Just wanted you to know that I had recon out of state and no muscle is used, just fat. The side benefit is you get either a tummy tuck or a butt lift, or sometimes both if you don't have enough fat in either area.

Just in case you are interested: http://www.breastcenter.com 

• Jane_M
    edited October 2009

I'm not a candidate for the tram flap because of previous abdominal surgery.  If I wanted DIEP, I'd have to travel and the PS said he thought I'd have an 80% chance of failure.  I definitely have more than enough fat inm either my butt or my belly and I was hoping for the tram or DIEP, but I guess it's not to be.

• Juli50
    edited October 2009

Tomorrow I have to fill 4 vials with my saliva. Is that the craziest test??? It will determine my "current hormone & neurotransmitter levels". So picture me spitting into a vial every 4 hours...LOL, no don't! It's so disgusting! Yell

hugs Kiss