Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Chemo in Sept 08

Options

Comments

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi girls,

It is my middle son's birthday today, he is 19, oh to be young again. All the spring flowers are starting to appear here, very pretty.

Have a good weekend ladies. Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi Ladies! Spring is here, thank goodness, sunny and warm this weekend! Lots of walking and exercise. Went to the gym to do weights for the first time since after all the surgery. Felt good! :) 

Hope all is well.... 

• SingaporeChris
    edited March 2010
    Options

Happy Tuesday ladies!

Singapore Chris x

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited March 2010
    Options

I lost 2.2 lbs this week and broke 200!  I celebrated by going to the Y, walking 1.6 miles and swimming for 1/2 an hour then going to the restaurant I work for and having onion soup and a salad!

• Jane_M
    edited March 2010
    Options

I forgot to mention....we are in the 30s now....39 days til Juli, Genia and I sail away!

• Springtime
    edited March 2010
    Options

Go Jane!!! That is wonderful!!! Windy here today, but sunny right now. Took a 2 mile walk! (Needed ear warmers and a hood!) :)

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2010
    Options

39 days???? woo hoo!

Jane - wish you were here to drag me to the Y! :)

hugs Kiss

• SingaporeChris
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Jane you are a star, your dieting success stopped me eating a biscuit that came with my coffee today, unfortunately I still ate the kitkat later in the dayFrown.  I will think of you and your slimmer shape and try harder, thanks for inspiring me. I have completely lost the plot and am eating anthting and everything.  Come on girls, give me support, I need it. I have told myself it is alright to eat comfort food when I need comfort, actually it's not any more or the scales will break! Don't feel sorry for me ladies, or I will cry, just be firm and hard and tell me to get on with it. We are off to Germany on Friday, so I ;will start again when I get back next Tuesday.

Hope all is good with your girls,  I just heard today that one of my stage 4 good friends in Singapore is still doing really well (in remission) despite coming off Avastin, her maintenance drug. Hurray!

Love you all, Singapore  Chris x

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited March 2010
    Options

38 days.....and I'm gettin so excited I can't stand myself!!!  lol

Pain patches are working wonderfully!!!  I'm only having to take Ibuprofen once a day now and the Lortabs just at night....and the pain is lots better.  At least I'm not hobbling around like an hold woman.

Chris....I seriously need to go on a diet too.  I'm miserable and everytime I think about dieting I eat that much more.  I would like to sign up at the gym.....but I need to get some weight off first so I can USE the equipment.  I think I would have a heart attack if I tried right now.....lol

Jane and Juli are gonna look all pretty and skinny and I'm gonna be a big cow!  

• Genia
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited March 2010
    Options

jane- congrats on the weight loss!! That is so awesome-

Juli- sorry it took me so long to get back here. I actually feel pretty good. Onco said port can come out in June so i am looking forward to that. Have to do the gyno thingy first so i am trying to schedule all of it to work the best.

Bosses husband has been in ICU/hopsital for almost 3 weeks now and is now in rehab...it's been stressful at work though..i think our chief deputy clerk would be an even worse boss than the one we have---the power of being in charge has NOT be nice to her...

Ladies this is a FYI and i haven't done a lot of research on it yet..our organist at church cracked her pelvis in two places and is doing better now but she said they are attributing the damage to her taking fosamax. She says when she started it there were supposedly no SE's to the drug....BUT now they are saying it can cause fractures. I talked to her tonight and she said that her pain quickly went away as soon as she stopped taking it...HMMMMM

Spring was in the air today!! It was soooo beautiful! We have so many flowering trees in bloom here right now..daffodils everywhere..I am waiting on the wisteria and it' sweet smell but it is so pretty in this sleepy town in the spring!!!

Chris- I hope you are getting settled in and things are coming together for you in your new home-

I also have a friend that e-mailed me today. We have a mutual friend that is doing the Komen 3 day and i was shocked at how much she has to raise to walk....sounds way too commercial to me!!!

Have a great day/evening....Friday is coming!!!!!

Love you all!!

Lisa

• SingaporeChris
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Nice to hear from you Lisa, sorry about your friends cracked bones, sounds awful. Thanks for the information.

Genia, is there one thing that you and I could do to help us in some small way? I think I will stop eating chocolate from now on, as I saw a program on the TV last night about slave labour dirrectly related to coco picking.

I know I can't come on the cruise, but thanks for counting down to my husbands birthday party.

Have a great Day!  Singapore chris x

• Genia
    edited March 2010
    Options

I could cut out my Pepsi.....that would save me some calories.  I don't drink it EVERY day.....but I do love my Pepsi!  I hate the diet junk.....ugh.  It makes me feel nauseous!!!

I wish all of you could go with us......that would be so awesome.  Can't wait to see my Juli and my Jane.  I think I'm looking forward to that more than the cruise itself!

Ok....headed out to the Rheumy.......sure hopes he figures this all out.

love ya'll

• Jane_M
    edited March 2010
    Options

Me, Genia and Juli!!!

• Springtime
    edited March 2010
    Options

Cute Jane!

I will be away for Spring Break vacation starting tomorrow, and so will not be on as often.

xoxoxoxoxox

Spring. 

• Juli50
    edited March 2010
    Options

Spring - Have a great "Spring" Break! hehe

Jane - love the pic! Yay, I'm the one in purple (my favorite color)!

Genia - I'm with you...I just can't wait to meet you guys and spend time together. :) (and relax, relax, relax!)

Chris - Have fun in Germany! You are such a world traveler!

Lisa - Great to hear from you and so glad you will be "deported" soon! I had no idea about that SE with Fosamax. All I heard was that it can damage your jaw.

Genia - I love Pepsi too, but ever since I heard that it is bad for the bones, I rarely drink it (since I already have osteoporosis). :(

Mina - How are you?

hugs Kiss

• Genia
    edited March 2010
    Options

Could be RA.....could be Lupas......could be Fibromyalgia.  That's what I found out today....lol.  He's sending me for blood work to check my immune system.  And I have to get an xray on my hips.  He said I had some severe degenerative arthritis in my spine.  I see him agin in 3 weeks. 

Today was a bad day....pain wise.  But it's raining here.....so I'm sure that isn't helping things.

Jane I laughed out loud when I saw that pic.....lol.  I love it.  We can be Thelma and Louise......and Ethel!!!   :)

• SingaporeChris
    edited March 2010
    Options

Great picture Jane! Off to Germany now, will be out of contact for a few days. Genia, sounds like you may be getting to the bottom of the problem sooooooon. when they know what it is, they will be able to treat you and you should be pain free. Sorry to hear about the degenerative arthritis. Take Care,

Singapore chris x

• Jane_M
    edited March 2010
    Options

Genia and Juli - Are you wearing a lymphedema sleeve on the airplane?

• Juli50
    edited March 2010
    Options

Jane - No, I don't have one.

• Jane_M
    edited March 2010
    Options

Juli - Have you flown since your surgery?

• Genia
    edited March 2010
    Options

I don't have one either Jane.....and since I've NEVER flown.....that would be a no.  lolol

• Juli50
    edited March 2010
    Options

yes, I flew to Canada last summer. No problems. :)

• Springtime
    edited March 2010
    Options

I wear my sleeve when i fly, just sayin - It could aggravate something - That's what they tell me anyway. If you have one, safer to wear it.

Genia - so, it sounds like this doc will hone in on what is up with your pain. The arthritis in spine, I wonder if that's what's up with hip? I guess you will know soon and get proper treatment... YAY!!! Does he think any of this is related to chemo or other treatment? Or just a coincidence?

We are in Hilton Head! Cold today, but we rode bikes for 1 hour this evening anyway. I sure wish I had remembered to bring my ear warmers and some gloves!!!! oh well!!! 

• Juli50
    edited March 2010
    Options

I swear half my eyelashes came out today. Will that ever end??? :(

Back in the 80's here Cool. tryin' to keep cool.

Genia - I agree with Bev..Did chemo cause all these joint pains? Can't be a co-inky dinky. :(

hugs Kiss

• Genia
    edited March 2010
    Options

He said he feels sure it did.  I would have had it eventually, but the chemo brought it on sooner.  That with the neuropathy that he confirmed I had.   I will be crippled in a few years at this rate.....really makes me sad.  I don't know if the Zometa would help anything or not with this kind of arthritis.  He's checking me for RA, Hep C and Fibromyalgia.  And then he had something written at the bottom of the orders.

Love you all......

• SingaporeChris
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Had a lovely time in Germany, just got home. I keep forgetting to tell you that when I flew over here, 14 hours, I had my little bad of supports to put on, when I got on the plane, I found that my leg ones were there and I love them, no swollen ankles or feet and they feel really comfortable too, my little hand glove things were also there, but not my most important arm sleeve.  I have always worn it when flying over 6 hours, but thought never mind as it wasn';t there and I was absolutely fine.  I did keep my arm elevated some of the time and watched it like a hawk, but it was good.  If you flight is less than 6-8 hours it's not really necessary.  My oncol said I didn't need it at all, but the lymphadema girl said it would be best to wear it.

Genia, I hope you have a wonderful flight, I  personally love flying, just as well. Sorry to hear that you think you will be old before your time, but at least you are still alive. :)

Juli, I know what you mean about your eyelashes, mine are fine, but I swear my eyebrows are a little thin in a patch or two. My middle fingernail on my right hand was my last to grow out, and the first to lift again, and it was just about looking good, and has lifted again.  It is not too bad, but my god, that chemo did a real job on me. Shame it didn't eat up some fat cells in the process.  I have just eated a whole bag of tomatoes, hope i won't feel sick later.

Have a great day ladies.  Singapore Chris x

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392
    edited March 2010
    Options

Dear ladies, As bittersweet as it is that you have all found each other, know that you wil find great strength here. 

I have a free offer to anyone in need of head coverings. Some very sweet women made me several cotton wraps. Kind of like the ones the Amish women wear. Some are lightly worn and others I never got a chance to wear. All have been washed. I also have several knitted beanie type night hats. If anyone would like these please send me a PM   Nonsmoking home.

Also check out the topic "Starting Chemo. in July" for lots of webs sites that offer free or reduced items for those of us with B.C.

Pink Hugs, Lisa   

• Juli50
    edited March 2010
    Options

Chris - glad you had a good time in Germany. I have eyebrows that are curling and won't lay flat. Drives me batty. lol And my thumbnails are splitting. I've been taking biotin for a year, but it doesn't seem to help my thumbs.

Genia - Did you have any tests yet?

hugs Kiss

• Genia
    edited March 2010
    Options

No....not yet Juli.  I'm gonna try to go tomorrow and get the bloodwork done.  I have to go pick up two prescriptions at the Drs office.  Today is a bad day.......pain wise. 

Curled eyebrows.......never heard of that one.  Cancer....the gift that keeps on giving!!!  ugh