Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Chemo in Sept 08

Options

Comments

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited March 2010
    Options

Lisa...thankfully we are all finished with chemo and don't need the head coverings, but thank you for the sweet offer.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited March 2010
    Options

Genia, when will you get your results back? I am sad for you too. I am still dealing with things that won't be the same, and trying to integrate it and move on. It is a process... 

I am hoping, once he diagnoses you, won't he be able to help you with some drugs? Not that I want you on more drugs, but I am hoping your pain will be dealt with!!! 

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi girls,

I hope like me, you are all coming to terms with what has happened to you, Sometimes it seems a world away and others it seems like yesterday. Genia it probably feels like it never ended for you, but as soon as they sort out what is wrong, life will get better.

It is a lovely sunny morning here in Holland with tulilps and daffodills everywhere, I hope you are all enjoying good weather and health.

Take care, Singapore Chris x

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2010
    Options

Chris - I would love to see tulips and daffodils everywhere! Sounds gorgeous!

Genia - Please get that bloodwork done soon. We want you on the right meds asap. :)

Jane - How is your FIL? Any improvement?

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited March 2010
    Options

Chris, I have the same feelings - sometimes it seems forever away, and then other times not. I guess it is a process to find the new normal...

We are on Hilton Head Island and the weather has been perfect! Lots of bike riding.... 

• Genia
    edited April 2010
    Options

Jules....doesn't matter when I get it done.....he still can't/won't see me for 2 more weeks.  I would like to get on some new meds for a while before the cruise to see how I'm gonna act on it.  I would hate to go on board and freak out or something stupid like that.  lol

Guess that's the reward for living in a small town with only one Rhemy.  You wait your turn.  ugh

It's supposed to be in the 70's and 80's here for the rest of the week.  I'm hoping and wishing my bones will give me a break from the pain.  My new complaint?  Numbness and pain  in my arms and hands.......Yippieeeee.

Love you girls......

• SingaporeChris
    edited April 2010
    Options

Hi girls,

Genia, I you are a poor thing, and I am sure you won't freak out on the cruise. It will be such a joy to be with you special friends that any pain will just melt away. (I hope). It's up to you Juli and Jane.  Genia don't take any new complaints lightly, please call your rhemy and let them know, just in case it will get you in earlier or is important.

Spring, glad you are having a lovely time there in Hilton Head Island.

Happy Easter ladies!

Singapore Chris x

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited April 2010
    Options

FIL is still in ICU.  It's not looking good right now, but I've seen him bounce back before, so there's always hope.

• Genia
    edited April 2010
    Options

Jane....I'm hoping this is one of the times he bounces back....if that is God's will.  Love you...and I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Chris....thanks.  I just have run out of patience.  I want this all fixed NOW....lol.  I want to go on our cruise and have fun....without being in pain.  I know it sounds selfish....but I just need a break.

• Springtime
    edited April 2010
    Options

Genia, I don't blame you for running out of patience!!! 

How many days until the cruise now, Jane?  Sorry about your FIL...

• Jane_M
    edited April 2010
    Options

One month from today!!!!

They moved Dad back to a regular room, but the Dr. told my husband that it is still "touch and go." 

I went shopping with DD on Wednesday (bought a new set of PURPLE luggage).  She told me DH was complaining about how little I do around the house (among other things), so last night after I worked at BOTH of my jobs, I went home to clean.  Our dining room is FULL of car parts, motorcycle parts, cans of paint and other things that don't belong in a dining room.  I was trying to clean it and stacked one can of paint on top of another.  Well, the top can fell on my (bad) foot, then opened and spewed pink paint all over my hardwood floor.  Thank goodness DD was still in town because there I stood in my pajams in a pool of paint.  She rushed home and we scooped up all we could with a dustpan and my swiffer wet jet did a pretty good job getting the rest up.  Anyway, now my foot REALLY hurts, but the downstairs is clean and tonight I will tackle the upstairs after work, the Y and the Good Friday service. 

• Genia
    edited April 2010
    Options

Hey Jane.....have we decided which port we are gonna jump ship in?  I'm thinking we should just stay there......we could just have our own Cabana boys forever and live in the sun with no worries or grumpy husbands!!!  lol   Juli.....you can join us too.  You're the smart one without a husband.......lol........just kidding!

• Juli50
    edited April 2010
    Options

Jane - OMG! Your poor foot! That's all you needed.

My luggage is purple too! So is my purse and most of my clothes! lol

Genia - great idea...cabana boys forever! :)

One month from today! woohoo!

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited April 2010
    Options

I love the idea of "jumping ship" at a port! ha!

Hang in there Jane...  sounds like DH is cranky! it happens to th ebest of us...

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited April 2010
    Options

I know you girls are counting the days!! I know you will have a good time. Take plenty of pics to post!! All of you pretty in purple!!!! The cabana boys sound good too!

jane - so soryy about your foot- and it does sound like  DH is just having a male PMS - Hugs to you.

Girls please say a prayer for the famiy of George Leverette III, he was dx'd right before i was with lung, brain and spinal tumors and has fought hard for two years- we had the same chemo rotation and his wife was his rock . He had been on hospice for about a month and passed away last night at home. Funeral is Monday....cancer so SUX

I love you girls and hope you have a Super Easter.

Hey- one of you girls take the collage chris did and take a pic with it on the ship!! then we will be "with you"

Love and HUGS

Lisa/BG

• Juli50
    edited April 2010
    Options

Great idea Lisa! and prayers for George's family.

Happy Easter hugs Kiss

• Jane_M
    edited April 2010
    Options

We're in the 20's now!!!! 27 days!  I actually started packing last night because I wanted to see what I did and didn't have. 

• SingaporeChris
    edited April 2010
    Options

Hi girls,

Lisa, sorry to hear about the passing of your friend, cancer does suck. Great idea about the collage of us all, I have been trying to think of a way we could participate in the cruise, packing us in your suitcases girls, will do the trick.

Jane, I hope your foot is feeling better, sounds painful.  Hope the paint came off your floor without taking an varnish with it.

Sending special thoughts for Georges family....

Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    edited April 2010
    Options

Just stopping by to send love love love to you beauties! :)

• Jane_M
    edited April 2010
    Options

23 more days for Juli, Genia and me!!!

• Springtime
    edited April 2010
    Options

That's just 3 weeks and 2 days Jane!!! 

• Juli50
    edited April 2010
    Options

Colonoscopy and Endoscopy done...repeat in 4 years. :)

• Springtime
    edited April 2010
    Options

Yay Jules!!!!!!

• SingaporeChris
    edited April 2010
    Options

Well done Julie, you can put that BEHIND you now :)

Can I ask you ladies, how often do you think about not living as long as you might? I have had a few days of these thought crossing my mind more than usual.  I think it is because my husband is celebrating his 50th birthday soon and he mentioned that mine will be next year.  I thought "I hope I make it".

Genia I am expecting you to be the first to answer as I know you sometimes struggle. It might be good for us to talk about it.

Hope you are all enjoying Spring.

Take Care, Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    edited April 2010
    Options

Chris, I have those thoughts too. Sometimes I find myself just assuming I'll have a long life, and then I "remember", Oh, I might not. My husband will say, when we are XX years old. and I'll think, yeah, if I make it.

You are not alone. I guess this is normal. But the truth is, you could get hit by a bus, so nobody is guaranteed anything. I try to live like I might be here a long time, but also take advantage of every moment. I think before, I took the little things for granted, and I try not to now.

Hope this helps! I'm right with you Sista!!!

Spring. 

• Jane_M
    edited April 2010
    Options

It crosses my mind, too.  In fact, if you look, you'll find a new thread I started last week called, "Stick a Fork in Me, I'm DONE." I stopped the Aromasin last week and I've decided I'm not spending hundreds of dollars a month on African Rainforest Tree Bark, Isotonic vitamins, etc.  There is no sense in taking the aromasin and getting, what maybe a 3% less chance of recurrence, and suffering.  I'm turning it over to God.  I will live within reason.  I'll still take my BP meds.  I'll still go to the gym, but I'm not eating prunes and organic vegetables exclusively for the rest of my life.

I called the onc's office to tell him the SEs on the Aromasin were worse than on Femara and I was stopping it.  His receptionist called and told me he wants to see me. So, I'll go see him next Wednesday, but I cannot live life not being able to walk, not being able to grip a pen, not being able to lift a bottle of water and having my hair fall out again.  

Yes, I want to live a long time, but the point is I want to LIVE, not suffer a long time.

• Springtime
    edited April 2010
    Options

Jane... I HEAR YOU and I AGREE WITH YOU!!!!.  I totally agree. Live the life you have now... The suffering you describe is too much. I swear, it also makes me wonder, if a body is hurting so much, is what's going on from the drug really good for that body?? ugh. ENJOY! You should be in good shape (aka no more pain!) by the time of the cruise!!! :)

I will be interested to hear what your doc says. I wonder if he'll say okay, or if he'll scare you, or if he'll try to give you a different drug for the pain!!!

• Genia
    edited April 2010
    Options

Yes Chris I do struggle with that all the time.  But it's not as bad as it was.  I kinda took the same attitude Bev has.  I could be killed in a car crash or drop dead from a heart attack before the cancer takes me out.  I can't allow myself to live this way forever.  It's just too depressing.  I still have days when I feel sad and know in my heart that the cancer will return eventually.  But I can't dwell on it like I was.

I'm not on any AI right now.  I just can't bring myself to take them at this point.  I believe they are what has messed me up so much.  I think a lot of the neuropathy and bone pain is coming from taking these drugs.  Don't know for sure...but I feel they did.

Love you girls......

• SingaporeChris
    edited April 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Thanks for you honestly, I think I just needed to hear that I wasn't the only one, I know it is normal, but it's not something we have talked about much. I suppose if you follow my thinking, of you get more of what you focus on, we don't want to think about it at all.Smile

I do understand about not wanting to take the meds Jane and Genia, it is no way to live your life, we are all looking for less pain not more.  Keep a strong mind girls, it can make all the difference.

I have just booked an airmiles flight to Singapore to visit all my friends in July, I am going alone while my husband takes the boys on a walking trip before it is too hard to get them together as our oldest finishes uni next year. I am so excited and feel so much better today.

Have a pain free and happy day ladies, Jane, keep us posted.

Take Care, Singapore Chris x

• Jane_M
    edited April 2010
    Options

Good news - I went to the dentist (not an easy thing to do after the last one tried to kill me).  I have NO CAVITIES and my teeth and gums look great!