Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo in Sept 08

Comments

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited April 2010

Got a wheelchair setup for all three airports.  I called them last night and got it all set up.  Makes me feel better about THAT part anyway.  Now....if I can just conquer my fear of flying.......lol

Juli.......I forgot to send you some hugs.  Sorry your BF had to leave.  I can't imagine how hard it is to send him home.

I had another horrible day yesterday.  I SWEAR I'm soooo tired of this.  I'm thinking about going to a Chiropracter.  Maybe HE could help me.  I'm not sure if my insurance will pay or not....I'll have to check.  Something has got to give.......maybe a little fun in the sun with my HOMIES will help.....hahaha!!!

Spring....I hope your tests all come back good.  I feel sure they will!!!

Love ya'll

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited April 2010

It's Springtime! Of course, Spring's tests are going to be just super!  12 days by my calendar.  I think we should just pin a note to Genia's chest saying "First time flyer, please help me." They have lots of activities planeed for us with doctors and motivational speakers.  I am so looking forward to it!  It doesn't really matter, though....just meeting Juli and Genia are worth more to me than anything they have planned!  Speaking of which, when are we meeting up in NYC in August??? Has a date been set for that yet?

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited April 2010

Genia - Thanks for the hugs! I wish we could all fly together. I would give you an Ativan too. ;)

Jane - Holy cow! 12 more days??? I really need to get my suitcase out! lol

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited April 2010

You cruisy girls are so fun !!!! Genia, glad you got the Airport Wheel Chair. Now both your body and mind can relax. Someone will get you where you need to be. No worries. !!! :)

So my blood counts are still not normal, but are both above 3. Onc said this sometimes happens. She said if the blood counts aren not back by 6 months, they likely will take 2 years. I have another year to go. She said, do not be worried. This sometimes happens from the RADS and CHEMO both whacking your bone marrow. Mine were FINE after chemo, but after rads, they went down.

So I have another year to wait. It's okay!!!  It makes me sad that my body is damaged, but to know it is not that unusual, and will likely "fix itself" within the next year or so, I can live with this. It is just sad that we had to go through treatment that whacks us so. But, it is what it is. I feel better...

LOVE YOU GIRLS!!! :) 

• Genia
    edited April 2010

Could it be the bone marrow thing that is making my bones hurt so badly?  Maybe mine's in overdrive........lol

Juli....I haven't packed the first thing.  Getting my suitcases from my sister today.  Guess we need to get this show on the road.......lol

• Jane_M
    edited April 2010

Genia - how'd it go with the rad onc yesterday?

• Genia
    edited April 2010

I'm waiting until I get back to go.  She called me in some pain meds and that was really the only reason I was goin besides the Tamox.  I didn't sleep the night before.......and I was exhausted.

• Genia
    edited April 2010

I hope I can get this sleeping schedule straightened out before we leave.  Otherwise I'll be roaming the ship while you and Juli sleep.  Ughhhhh

• Jane_M
    edited April 2010

A couple rum and cokes, or mojitos, or cosmos or margarita or beers or whatever you drink and you'll sleep like a baby!

• Juli50
    edited April 2010
    I have some Ativan to help you sleep, Genia. Laughing
  • Genia
    edited April 2010

I have Ativan Jules......but there are still nights I can't sleep.  My mind races.....I like Janes idea tho.........lolol

• Jane_M
    edited April 2010

Single digits!!!! WHOO HOOOO - 9~9~9~9~ NINE days to go!!!!!

WIth all the activities planned, I don't know when we're going to find time to sleep...

• Genia
    edited April 2010

WHAT activities are planned???  lol    Holy COW Jane....I'm gonna need to come home to rest....lolol

• Karenp62
    Karenp62 Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2010

Genia, Jane and Juli, just reading your posts makes me wish that I was going with you. I hope you three have a MARVELOUS trip.

Karen

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited April 2010

My boss, who has had a sinus infection for a week, was complaining to me that she is sick of feeling sick.  A whole week? Really?  Wow...try a year and then get back to me...

• Springtime
    edited April 2010

Colleen, ha ha ha ha ha. REALLY!!!

The cruise ladies are going to have a blast!!! We will all be thinking of you! Single digits now!! Soon it will be a week, then less!!! 

• Juli50
    edited April 2010

Karen - wish you were coming too!

I bought new pjs and a robe yesterday. :)

hugs Kiss

• Jane_M
    edited April 2010

There are meet and greets, pink dance parties, inspirational and motivational meetings, a presentation by a doctor on new treatments in breast cancer and more I can't remember.  There's a schedule in the paperwork I sent you on Thursday.  BTW, I checked the weather for Key West on 5/3, the day we'll be there, and it's going to be 80 and sunny.

• Jane_M
    edited April 2010

This time next week Genia, Juli and I will be on a tram checking out the sites in Key West.  According to weather.com, it's going to be 80 and sunny!  6 days!!!

• Springtime
    edited April 2010

Wonderful! Wonderful! And Juli even had new jammies and a robe! Jules, don''t wear that in Key West thought! :)

• Juli50
    edited April 2010

I really need to get my suitcase out! lol

• Genia
    edited April 2010

Yes Juli.....good idea!!!!  lol

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited April 2010

Hi Girls,

I have been reading daily with growing excitment for the cruise, but have been rushing out to school with my son, so haven't be on for a few days.  I saw the dog whisperer on the TV at the weekend and they were filming in fort lauderdale and in the background was a giant cruise ship, I shouted out, Hey Look, there's a ship, my chemo girls in the States might be going on that one!. Genia, good idea about the wheelchair, at least you will be taken to the right place at the right time, just relax and enjoy the journey.

Karen, we all wish we were going, it will be wonderful!

Spring, I know what you mean about the blood count, we just want to be "normal" especially in the blood count zone.  Most of my chemo friends in Singapore are still below normal and they are approaching 2 years too.  I think I was normal by a fraction of a point or something very small. It's my nails that make me realise what a beating I have taken, One is still not right,but hey, what they heck.

I heard a few days ago that a good friend of mine in England who had bowel cancer at the same time as me, has had a reoccurrance in her lungs, she has had more surgery and starts chemo again in a few days.  It is so awful to hear.

On a lighter note, we are preparing for my husbands party and I am just about to wrap 12 teddy bears as gifts for the ladies, that will put a smile on my face.

Have a great day girls. Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    edited April 2010

Chris, I love teddy bears! What a great idea! 

I know what you mean Chris. I am dealing with lymphedema on my left side chest and back, and trying to prevent it from getting in my arm. I have sleve and body compression thing for exercise, and I have a "swell spot" that I wear that is like a big, long pillow thing, and tape! I was thinking over breakfast about my friend who got brain mets and died, and I thought, same as you, what the heck, I'm still here doing all I want to do, SO WHAT!!! It's a pain, but it's like a nothing when you think about it - the big picture.

Cruise ladies!!!! We are all so excited for you. And Juli, yes, get the suitcase out!!! :) 

• BrandonMom
    edited April 2010

Excited for the cruise too!  Can't wait for all the pictures!

Fingernails...sigh, mine continue to break off if they even get a little grown.  My blood counts were at the low end of normal finally.  Bev, you are right about the big picture.  This website is scaring me a bit because it seems like so many of the stage 3 ladies are being diagnosed with mets.  We do need to focus on today and make it really count.  Thanks for the reminder!

• Genia
    edited April 2010

Five more days and we'll be CRUISIN!!!  I have my camera all ready for lots of pictures.  Cleaned it out last night so it's ready to go with all the new pics from the cruise.

Colleen.....I know what you mean about the scary part of this site.  I most always just come here or go to the prayer thread.  If I venture off to other threads......I get very upset and afraid.  Can't handle the constant reminder that my cancer could rear it's ugly head at any time.  I can't live like that anymore.  It's too depressing.  Plus....I promised my crying son last night that I wasn't going anywhere.....and have full intentions of being around until he gets grown.  Bless his heart.  He had written me this letter to take with me on the cruise so I would have it and think of him while I was gone.  Like I wouldn't....lolol  I sobbed when I read it.......he's only 10 and you should have read this letter.

• BrandonMom
    edited April 2010

Oh Genia!  What a sweet boy!  My son reminds me every night to take my Femara.  I guess they do love us!

I wonder if it was all that crying that gave you the headache...I hope you are feeling better soon!

• BrandonMom
    edited April 2010

Oh Genia!  What a sweet boy!  My son reminds me every night to take my Femara.  I guess they do love us!

I wonder if it was all that crying that gave you the headache...I hope you are feeling better soon!

• Juli50
    edited April 2010

Chris - Sounds like a fun party!

Colleen - my nails keep breaking and I didn't have that problem until last month. What's up with that?

Genia - What a sweet boy you have!

Now where is my suitcase? In the downstairs closet, of course. I just need the energy to drag it out. lol

hugs Kiss

• BrandonMom
    edited April 2010

Hey Genia,

Just wanted to let you know if your son would like to talk to with someone in the same situation, I can give you my son's email address. I think my son is pretty awesome, and sometimes it help to share with people that are in the same boat, but not necessarily family...wait!  That's what we do!