Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo in Sept 08

Options

Comments

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Nice to hear from you all, I was beginning to think we were drifting away from this board.  I am glad we are not. 

Juli, you will have a wonderful time with your b/f, wow six months great.

Jane, hope the rib pain is just some kind of strain, it could be a whole assortment of things that are nothing to worry about.

Lisa, I know how you feel about your upcoming appointment, It is a nasty reminder of what we have been through, we can only hope that the future holds wonderful happy times ahead for us from now on.

Spring, so much good news with all your counts, thats fantastic, I will eat more nuts with skin on now! make sure you get your checks done at he surgery next time too.

Take care ladies, and have a good weekend. Singapore Chris xx

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited October 2010
    Options

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Another Saturday in the salt mines that are my house!!!! I am so tired of preschoolers and having to fit my schedule around my daughters and having to ask her schedule to be able to plan things of my own. Forgive me for venting BUT there are things I'd like to do in life and some days I ask myself if this kind of life is what I was fighting so hard to stay alive for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Working full time for a boss who can cut you in half with her sharp words then come home to cook and clean at night and spend every Saturday cleaning and doing laundry and babysitting.....Every Sunday at MIL's house so hubby can visit his family....I asked my husband today if we could be the kids and asked him which one he wanted to be...the one that sleeps all day or the one that sits in the recliner in front of the TV eating us out of house and home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so tired!!!!!

• bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hi girls, I knew something was wrong Beverly...FB does that once in a while. I've been thrown off for  while but never that long, They replaced 80,000 coins today which they had taken from me. ???  What happened we don't know but they replaced them so tell everyone to watch their bucks.

Of course I got the appointment day wrong. :lol :lol I called from bus stop to tell them I'd be late and laughed  out loud with office staff who told me to come Monday at noon. *oops* 

I really miss you all. I am still totally depressed and broken hearted  that my gf allowed herself to diagnose herself--big MISTAKE-- as not having BC and now she is dead.  That is still unbelievable...I will get better from this trauma but not yet. I hope and pray we can help the truly terrified  souls, who like my gf, are too afraid to get help before it's too late.

I hope you can get some rest Bettysgirl...it is hard with little ones...and hubby's well...are hubbys:):) I wish I had one for just one day to go to the store for  or with us. My son is ill again...

TX was right he is Bi-polar and he does have Aspergers. OMG!!!

He did wrote a book and a very good one last month about his faith in God and Christianity. God and Christianity  are  holding him steady right now as he recuperates along with his medication...Thank you God!  He's got at least 20 books  from  the Library at his bedside about God, Christianity, Atheism....you name it... and is digesting them 100% one at a time and will remember them  100%  (that's the Aspergers part...) :)

Who knew one could have these co-existing disabilities.(Right now he is again struggling out of Bipolar psychoses and  a persistent delusional state...horrid for him...he's had it before but the doctors did  not recognize it since he had the solitary dx of Aspergers...they refused to dx it and just went on and gave him anti-psychotics...???? I asked why they did that in TX... they told me they treat symptoms.,..which is as it should be...*whew* :)

He's writing poetry again, short stories and getting ready to write another  short story and book. He  self-published one on a   self publish book site and  on  a commercial book site.

Therefore, I guess TX was right ( the TX  doc changed his dx to Bipolar  from Aspergers because of his creative nature, mood changes and swings, his need for love, deep depression and sucidal  thoughts)...and CA was right( they diagnosed him with ASpergers when he was 31/2 not talking and totally not able to talk at the  NeuroPsychiatic Insitute/UCLA.... arrr.

Is it any wonder I have no brain? I love you all and  I'm overjoyed he's getting better again.

back soon, 

xoxoxo

• bettysgirl
    edited October 2010
    Options

Mina- so glad your son is better. Tell him to keep reading and expressing himself with his writing. It is a gift. I wish you best of luck at your appt.

I am trying to recoup after this horrific day. I am hurting and tired and cold.BRRR I like the cooler weather but have not pulled the fall clothes out of their nesting spot in the bottom of the closet. That will have to wait until another day.

Love to all

• SingaporeChris
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Mina, sorry you are having a hard time with your son, perhaps now they have made the correct diagnosis they can treat him properly and he will be able to cope, which is turn of course means you will also be happier. I am sure it will take some time for you to be alright about your friend, hang in there and try to be the happiest you can.

Lisa, sounds like nothing changes in your house, how you coped during treatment i just don't know! Is there any way you can PLAN a weekend ahead sometime and let everyone know in advance that you are not available and just chill with your husband? You daughter will just have to manage or ask for help from someone else. We all know that being over stressed it not good for us, please take care of yourself, find a way to take a break.

I was just feeling sad that my oldest son will not be with us for Christmas for the first time in his 22 years (as he will be in the States with his girlfriend), when I read Mina's post.  I am lucky to have a healthy son, sometimes take it for granted.  I wish there was something I could do for you Mina.

I have already got my winter woolies out as it is definately getting cold here, around 8 degrees today.

Take care girls, Singapore Chris x

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited October 2010
    Options

Chris - is that 8 degress C or F? Brr!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2010
    Options

That must be 8 degrees C!!! We had the heat on in the house this morning! Brrrrr...

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited October 2010
    Options

Does anyone else just feel, well, crabby?  I find that I can get so mad, so easily right now. 

• bettysgirl
    edited October 2010
    Options

Colleen- LOL can you tell by my post that the answer for me to that question is a big fat yes..I was never one to be in an eternal PO's state but ever since all of this my nerves are shot..noises startle me, little things aggravate me and I get angrier so much easier than before...not sure why. I have an intolerance for people who love to stir up trouble and complain about simple things in life. The words that I do not express with the anger at home is that IF my time is shortened, I want to be able to say I did something I enjoyed ....love to all..

• Jane_M
    edited October 2010
    Options

I have been in extreme pain for the past week.  The neuropathy in my feet is almost unbearable and the rib pain is getting worse.  I have gone back to taking the Lyrica which only takes the edge off.  What gives?

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited October 2010
    Options

Jane - That sounds horrible! Are you going to make an appt with a doc?

hugs to all that need one! Kiss

• Springtime
    edited October 2010
    Options

Jane, yeah, have you seen a doc and did you get a scan or xray? 

About the neuropathy, have you tried the L-Glutamin? It worked for me. 3 TBS a day with juice. I am so sorry you are in pain.... 

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited October 2010
    Options

I went off on the Medco person.  I hate that I HAVE to use them and they constantly screw up on medicines that I NEED!  I need to remember to be thankful that my onc has been wonderful at giving me samples when the drug mail order screws up. He shouldn't have to, but I am so very thankful.

• Juli50
    edited October 2010
    Options

Collen - So happy you have that onc! I love docs that give samples when you can't afford the drug. My primary dr does that. :)

hugs Kiss

• Jane_M
    edited October 2010
    Options

I see onc today at 3:15.  I had a bone scan 2 months ago which was normal, but I am thinking my onc will prob order a PET scan.

• Springtime
    edited October 2010
    Options

So what happened with the appt Jane??

• SingaporeChris
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Jane, how did the appointment go?

I had a lovely weekend in England with my family, so nice to see my boys.

Take care girls.

singapore Chris x

• bar62
    edited October 2010
    Options

Thanks everyone for thinking positive thoughts...we may have to hospitalize him for medication regulation in the next week...He's a grownup now and I can't just take him...he feels as if he needs hellp and I know he does...he is feeling as if he can't sit down...mania sign and symptons...and I feel he needs a professional team to help him regulate his dosing. 

I am lucky to have an upswing with my health and feel able to manage this situation. Praying for Carla Fiorina  to get better fast. She checked into LA hospital to fight an infection of her Breast reconstruction site. I can't copy and past here on Chrome but the story is all over...sorry :(

• bar62
    edited October 2010
    Options

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/26/MNIL1G2CM3.DTL

over to IE* to post link to Carly''s recent hospitalization. I pray she improves and can get back on the campaign trail soon.

MM

• bar62
    edited October 2010
    Options

Jane has anyone recommended Neurontin for your pain? It helps me with hot flashes. numb fingers and  occasional painful feet.

love you take care of you:)

Mina

• SingaporeChris
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Mina, hope your son gets the proper care he needs, I am sure it will be a weight off your mind to know he is being looked after and has a good plan to follow.

Spring, so glad your surgery is over, hope you have a fast recovery, don't worry about the gym you can go back later.  Perhaps the surgery would also help any fluid to drain better too??

I had my first English speaking cancer support group meeting last Friday, 5 ladies came and were very happy to have somewhere to go to discuss everything on their mind, I have a few more that will come to next months meeting.  It was great to meet some new people and talk about cancer in a positive way.  Some people had amazing stories and are all doing well.

I also had a Halloween party Saturday night, it was such fun, we had 10 witches, 5 devils, 5 ghools a lovely chubby pumpkin and a few other interesting costumes, the house is now a mess so I had better go and tidy up.

Take care girls,  Singapore Chris xx

• Springtime
    edited November 2010
    Options

Chris, It sounds like you have the most fun parties! I love the "chubby pumpkin" costume. :) 

I am doing okay after the surgery. My voice is a little "gravely" but I hope that will clear up in a couple of days! Otherwise, much easier than the last one... 

• Jane_M
    edited November 2010
    Options

The onc ordered a PET scan (after he asked his nurse if crazy was spelled with one or two zs). I love him.  Completely normal.  The CT said "irregular density" in the left mastectomy region and "faint reticular opacity in the medial aspect of the right lower lobe" both of which he attributed to scarring.  I didn't know scarring could cause this much pain.  I don't know what I'm going to do about it.  My surgeon wants to see me again this month, so maybe she'll have a suggestion.  He did switch me from the Lyrica to Neurontin at my request.  We'll see if it helps my feet any.

• Springtime
    edited November 2010
    Options

Jane, maybe the surgeon can remove some/all of that scar tissue? Might be worth looking into given your pain level.

• SingaporeChris
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Jane, have you seen your surgeon yet, any news of how they are going to help you with the pain?

Hi to anyone who is still checking in.

Take Care, Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi Chris!!!!

• Juli50
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi Chris!!!

I'm off to Montana again... My 1st white Thanksgiving! LOL

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited November 2010
    Options

Save travels Jules!

• Jane_M
    edited November 2010
    Options

Dr. ordered PT and gave me Tylenol 3 for the pain.  I saw PT yesterday.  She could feel the scar tissue and said that it is pulling one of my ribs out of place.  She thinks she can break it up some, which should help.  She checked my gait and saw where I was overcompensating for my problems.  She is going to work on stablizing my ankles and building muscle tone on the left, but she said there is probably not a lot she can do about the pain.  I just ordered 3 pairs of shoes from Zappos.com.  I'm used to BOGO at Payless.  I like my fashion, you know. But, I need to be a little more sensible, so I bit the bullet and put some money into good leather shoes.  I hope that helps, too.  I'm going to try that Dr. Scholl's analyzer they just came out with, too.  They have them at WalMart.  You stand on it and it analyzes your feet and tells you what custom orthotic to buy (for $50 minus a $10 rebate).  I googled reviews on it and it got great reviews.  I'll give it a shot.  I'm bracing myself for spending Thanksgiving with my in-laws.  Who will be her target this year?  Probably my 20-year-old daughter!  After all, she is living in sin with her boyfriend, Giovanni!  Love to you all!

• Springtime
    edited November 2010
    Options

Wow, great update Jane. I hope the PT can break up that scar tissue. If not, you should consider some surgery , no? Just the thought of scar tissue pulling your rib! I never heard of this! OUCH! I hope you get some relief. 

Let us know what happens on your shoe journey...

WELL!! Your MIL sounds like a real PIECE OF WORK!!!  Do reaport back on that! Giovanni no less! LOL!!! It takes all kinds, I guess, to make a world!