Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo in Sept 08

Options

Comments

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited July 2010
    Options

I got a new set of Amoena foobies yesterday.  They are lightweight, even, and quite comfortable.

I have a Navy boy!

I see my onc again on 8/13.  I found my lump 8/8, I had a mammo on 8/11, I had my biopsy on 8/13 and was told I had cancer on 8/15.  And that would make my cancerversary.....?

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited July 2010
    Options

Jane- i used the date they called me to confirm the malignancy and my cancerversary..you can choose what you want..

We had a great time at the beach. Had some cool days in the breeze..had a few melt downs with the girls and a few moments with the inlaws and all BUT all in all it was a GREAT week. Got some great crablegs and got a little sun..BEST of all NO WORK!!!!

Juli- glad you were not close to the epicenter tonight. 5+ scary.

I am so proud to have you all to talk to, to share with..i feel closer to you girls that most people i see on a regular basis. We have a great bond that goes well beyond cancer.

Love you all

BG/Lisa

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited July 2010
    Options

My cancerversary is in a few days. I also use the day I was told that I had breast cancer. That was the day my world changed forever. July 10 2008. I'll never forget that moment. It was like I had a huge tingle or pulse all over my whole body, and I could not breathe. Then I had to do a huge presentation at work! I was able to do it, it actually felt good to do something I was sure of, and it got my mind off it for a few minutes. 

That was the most horrible time, initially getting diagnosed. Reading all this stuff, what does this mean? Am I going to die? How long do I have? How big is this friggin lump? talking to other women, going through all those "staging" tests. HORROR!!!! For me that was the worst, telling my family and friends and others who loved me. How crappy is it to tell people you have cancer? they are like punched in the stomach; one friend cried, my sister in law cried. Every time I had to tell someone else, it was the worst. Oh and my Dad. My God, he was so crushed. :((((((  My girls. :(((((((((((((((((((((((  they were scared. 

BUT ALL THAT IS BEHIND US NOW. We have come a friggin LONG WAY ladies! All treatment is over, surgeries are over. Even Juli stopped stinging!!!  Some of us still have issues and things that happen to us.... but we have survived it! We have endured!!!.

But yes, as Jules says, "A life changing day". That is for sure. 

I am so happy to be alive!!! I am so happy to know you ladies!!!

• bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited July 2010
    Options

We're still together on our way to wellness and it looks like we're in this Vitamin "D"  dance together too.

.Maybe a side effect of my taking 50,000units per week  will be less Fibromyalgia pain. Who knew? *Doing my happy dance* 

Checking out the world cup and thinking about  you Chris:)

Happy  NED to all of us...may we celebrate  for many more years.

Mina

• Springtime
    edited July 2010
    Options

Minda, you are having less pain from taking massive doses of Vit D????? Who knew!!!!

• bar62
    edited July 2010
    Options

Yes Beverly...I already feel less pain!!! I love it...Smile weather is still a pain in the patootie but it's great to feel this  way...take care everyone...love ya all.

• Springtime
    edited July 2010
    Options

Keep taking the Vit D!!!!!

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited July 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

congratulations Spring, it is good to get that 2 yr milestone behind you.

I am sorry I haven't been active lately, I have been so busy with the move.  We are now is the middle of unpacking, there are sooooo many boxes but we are getting there.  I have been trying so hard not to use my left arm for fear of lympadema, it's so hard when all you are doing is lifting.

It was amazing to be here for the world cup, even though Holland lost.

I am going to Singapore next Tuesday to see my friends, I am going alone. My other dear chemo girls are meeting me at the airport at 6am and then later in the week 7 of us are going to Indonesia, a very close by island overnight to have some fun, it will be so good tohave someone to talk to about the little cancer things again. I have every day booked to see people, have dinners and get my nails done, they are a mess after all this unpacking.

Mamagram coming in August, not looking forward to it.

Stay happy and healthy ladies.

Singapore Chris xxx

• Springtime
    edited July 2010
    Options

Nice to hear from you Ms. Chris! Life sounds busy but good! :)

• SingaporeChris
    edited July 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Tomorrow is my youngest sons 14th birthday, so I have made a lovely big chocolate cake in my new cooker.  After a day of celebration i am off to Singapore for lots of fun with my old friends.  Will keep you posted.

Hope everyone is doing alright. My feel still really hurt, I will go to the dutch dr when i get back and maybe I will order those sleep in stretch the muscle in your feel boot things Juli mentioned. Every step hurts.

Have a good weekend ladies, take Care\

Singapore Chris xx

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited July 2010
    Options

Have a great time in Singapore, Chris! and Happy Birthday to your son!

I went to a gold mine in Quebec today, but darn it, I couldn't find any gold to bring home. :(

I'm lovin' the weather here - 70's so far. :)

hugs Kiss

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited July 2010
    Options

chris- good to hear from you and i am sorry you are still having problems with your feet. Foot pain is awful. I hope that you find something that will relieve it.

Juli- Sorry you didn't find gold BUT you looked like a million dollars in those wedding pics!!! SSSSSO beautiful

Mina- glad to hear that vitamin D is helping. I went out and bought some!!! If my joints will feel better i will be a happy camper.

Had the girls again today and oooooo I needed the whole bottle of zanex!!!!! It's so hard to get anything done when i have them by myself. Saturday is the only real day i have off and i get so little accomplished.

Work has been super stressful here latley and this week one of our clerks is going to be out on vacation..i am not looking forward to having to record her real estate stuff.

It's so good to see all of us nearing that 2 yr mark. Signs of good things to come. I have been glad to have the port out even though it didn't bother me too much..only when khara hit it which she did often.

Genia- i am so glad you got good reports this week.

Jane- love on those kitties you are keeping this weekend...our kitten stays so close to me..she is like another baby..BUT she isn't near as demanding of the girls and she doesn't fight sleep! LOL

I was looking at the calendar for when the scheduled my 6 mo ck at the onco...it is going to be 2 yrs almost to the day when i had that first taxotere that liked to did me in...I am not sure it's good kharma....Maybe i'll change it...he only cks tumor markers soooo no biggie right?? whats a few weeks after 6 ms...

We have the new roof on the house and have the additions framed in..but still a very long way to go to get a second bath. Hubby and I aren't good together with building projects...He's a perfectionist. I just want it DONE...

I know you girls can't wait for another cruise. It looked like it was a blast..i'm sure May can't get here soon enough..

Have a great Sunday and upcoming week

• bar62
    edited July 2010
    Options

Evening everyone,

Had to run over and post all these diseases etc caused by lack of good ole Vitamin D...

love you all,

Mina

sign in

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/27/health/27brod.html?src=me&ref=general

[quote]

Studies indicate that the effects of a vitamin D deficiencyinclude an elevated risk of developing (and dying from) cancers of the colon, breast and prostate; high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease; osteoarthritis; and immune-system abnormalities that can result in infections and autoimmune disorders like multiple sclerosisType 1 diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.[quote]

• bar62
    edited July 2010
    Options

I met a survivor--she calls her self a conqueror-- on the bus and we ended up checking out our ports on a street corner. I know we looked  weird standing on the corner but we were so happy and laughing our a*s*s off. love Mina

• Springtime
    edited July 2010
    Options

Just stopping by... I'm am traveling on business, gruelling!! Glad to hear everyone is okay.

Chris, ouchie on the feet! Let us know if you find something that works.... 

• Jane_M
    edited July 2010
    Options

Does anybody else have rib pain on their radiated side?

• Springtime
    edited August 2010
    Options

Not me Jane...

• Jane_M
    edited August 2010
    Options

Saw PCP yesterday.  Thanks to the wonders of radiation, I now have 2 murmurs in my heart and, he thinks, a spot of skin cancer on my back.  I was very lucky to be able to get an appointment with a dermatologist on Thursday (they had a cancelation) to get that checked out.  I also asked him if it was normal to be having rib pain...I thought it might be a SE of the radiation, but he said no.  He felt something unusual with the 5th rib on the L side and wants me to have a bone scan.  I was able to get that scheduled for Friday afternoon.  I have my 2 year f/u with my onc on 8/13, so I should have the results of the bone scan by then.  The good news is that I don't have osteonecrosis of my jaw.  My bloodwork was fairly normal and I still have both my feet.  I have permanent neuropathy in them (left > right) from the Taxol, but at least I have feet.

• Springtime
    edited August 2010
    Options

Oh Jane, thinking of you. Let us know what you find out. I hope it is all nothing nothing nothing but slight annoyances.....

• SingaporeChris
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Jane, sorry to hear you have some worries, like spring said, lets hope it's nothing. Stay calm and try not to imagine anything, whether it is an infection or anything else, remember we are all here for you, sending positive vibes..........

I arrived home from Singapoe yesterday morning and had a wonderful time, I partied breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday and didn't have a moment to feel tired. The chemo girls and I went for a glamour photo shoot, we are real beauties! (with out makeup on).

I was glad to be home again as all my sons are here, but my oldest goes back today, so sad, but at least we can pop over to the UK from Holland any time now.

I am off to unpack some more boxes.

Love to you all. Singapore Chris x

• Jane_M
    edited August 2010
    Options

The dermatologist said the thing on my back is a keratosis or keratitis or something like that.  Whatever it is, it IS NOT cancer.  I have my bone scan today.  Sucks that I'll have to wait over the weekend for results.  It is late this afternoon, so I really don't expect to hear anything until Tuesday.  I'm being positive, but I have to admit, I do have some "flutterbys" in my tummy today.  I'm positive it's psychosomatic, but it seems like it's been progressively hurting more...maybe because PCP was touching it.  Time will tell, I guess.

• SingaporeChris
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Jane, the only thing I can think is that cancer doesn't usually hurt, I have know a few people with lung cancer and none of them had any idea as it didn't hurt.  I feel sure that it is just a cyst or small infection.Whenever you feel the flutterbys, take a deep breath and say to yourself

"I am strong and calm", or something positive that you really believe.

Keep coming here to our own board for support, don't go looking at anything that could worry or depress you. On know Tuesday seems like a long way a way, but this too will pass.

Take care, Singapore Chris x

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited August 2010
    Options

Chris - sounds like a wonderful trip!

Jane - I had rib pain from rads, but I can't remember how long it lasted.

I had a great 2 weeks in Canada. I got 9 - 10 hours of sleep every night. I think I was trying to make up for the last 3 months!

Monday, I am off to Vegas for a week to relax with my bff who lives in Montana now. Then it will be back to reality...

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi Jane, I assume no results today (Monday). "I am strong and calm". Love it.

I went for a 4 day weekend on a BCSurvivor Yoga retreat at the beach and met a lady from the boards, Joy from Motivation thread! It was great. now back to reality, ugh. Oh well, glad to have gainful employment! It was nice to have a break from it all. No TV, No phone. I think I could be a monk if yoga and kyaking was involved. ha!  

• SingaporeChris
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Spring your getaway sounds great, how nice to meet a virtul friend, the world is an amazing place, we all moan about the internet and technology sometimes, but it has opened up a whole new world for us during and after our treatment,

Jane it is Tuesday here, so am thinking about you, hope all goes well.

Love to you all, Singapore Chris x

• Jane_M
    edited August 2010
    Options

Chris - I love your new photo.

The bone scan confirms that I am a degenerate (degenerative changes hips, shoulders, back).  Tumor markers are up from April, but still within normal limits.  Will see what onc says on Friday when I see him.

• SingaporeChris
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Jane, althought I am sure you don't want to be a degenerate, it sounds lik you are clear. If your markers are within in the normal range that has to be good!

I hope that your dr can do something for your bones, I will be interested to see what they think about your ribs hurting?? Are you already taking zometa?

Keep us posted.

My oldest son just called to say he dived into a swimming pool that was too shallow and now has 7 stitches in his forehead, apart from that he is fine. Not the kind of call you want, it started "Mum I have had a bit of an accident". I am just so relieved that he is alright.

Sending healing vibes to American and England

Please be careful everyone, stay safe.

Love Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    edited August 2010
    Options

Jane is a degenerate. LOL. good grief! Glad that's all it is Jane. 

Chris, thank God nothing else happened to your son!! That sounds like it could be dangerous Glad he is okay!!!

Both daughters home at the moment... our youngest moving to college this SATURDAY!!! We will be empty nesters. it is hard to believe. Good to see them sitting together at this moment at home play ing the Wii.... !!!!!  I think moments like this will be rare.... 

• SingaporeChris
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi Jane,

How was your trip to the oncologist, any news?

Hope you are alright,

Singapore Chris xx

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited August 2010
    Options

My onc visit was uneventful. I had hoped he would say I could come back in 6 months, but he said 2 years past the end of chemo, so I have a few more months to go.  March was when I finished chemo.  He also wants me to get a dexascan and he retested the Vitamin D. I'll let you know what it turns out to be. 

All in all, not a bad visit.