Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo in Sept 08

Options

Comments

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited December 2010
    Options

Wow! No one has posted in a month (including me).  PT has helped a lot.  Now it seems to be my neck and shoulder area that are bothering me.  I have been doing a lot of typing at work lately and my desk set up is not ergonomic.  I had the PT where I work come look at it and he made suggestions, one of which is buying a new chair, so I will put in a purchase order when I get back from VA...leaving tonight, right after work, (Christmas Eve), to spend the night at my daughter's in the Bronx.  We will open some presents there in the morning and have some breakfast and then we're all heading to Virginia where I will have Christmas with my boys on Sunday. 

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited December 2010
    Options

That's great, Jane! Have a safe trip and a Merry Christmas!!!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited December 2010
    Options

Merry Christmas everyone!! (if anyone is still checking here!)

• Juli50
    edited December 2010
    Options

Merry Christmas, Bev!

And Merry Christmas to anyone else who drops by!

• Juli50
    edited January 2011
    Options

Happy New Year to anyone who stops by!

• Springtime
    edited January 2011
    Options

Happy New Year! May 2011 be a great year!

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited January 2011
    Options

Jane, I used one of those Dr. Scholls machines.  It correctly got my foot problem (high arches).  I'm also trying out some "Flex-Tastic" for my toes. It is just a mold that spreads your toes for 5-10 minutes.  Tonight was the first time I used it and it did feel good, and it was cheap. Not sure if it really did anything, but it seemed worth a go.

Do you have "cording" from surgery?  My onc says I have that, and asks if I have limited movement, which I don't think I do, but I definitely have shoulder pain. I'm just not sure whether to blame that or rads. 

I think I've finally decided on recon. I think I'm just going to try the exchange (no DIEP).  It just seems that with any surgery there is always these little gotcha's.  So less surgery seems like a benefit to me.  The plastic surgeon felt that even after rads that an exchange would work, though it was Hopkins, so they prefer doing DIEP, but he left the option up to me. I was glad that he offered both options.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

• Springtime
    edited January 2011
    Options

Colleen, I had implants first and they didn't work for me, but I was sure hoping they would! Good luck to you. If it doesn't work out, you can do the natural tissue DIEP stuff later. I did DEIP/GAP in NOLA if you ever have any questions. You have expanders in now, right?

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited January 2011
    Options

OK, maybe it is a gimmick, but I just love those flex-tastic toe things!

Spring, yep, I have a hard expander in right now. The plastic surgeon thought that an implant would work even after rads.  That says something since it is Hopkins and they prefer to do DIEP.  Like you, I think I will give it a go.  I have plenty of fat for a DIEP, but it just seems like any surgery "breaks" something else, or potentially anyway.  I'll see if I can leave the abdomen alone for a bit.

• Springtime
    edited January 2011
    Options

Colleen Maybe it will work!! Let us know!

• Laceyk
    Laceyk Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2011
    Options

Are you still looking for another bunkmate for the 2011 cruise?  I'm getting in a bit late on this.  But, I'm going alone and would like to share a room.  I'm 49 had bilateral mastectomy, chemo and Lat Dorsi reconstruction.  I live in Alaska and really lack the support and comradary of other BC fighter.  Please let me know if you still have room or are aware of anyone else still looking to share a room.  Thank you so much.......Laurie

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited February 2011
    Options

Laurie - I PM'd you and then I got another e-mail about the same thing.  I referred you both to Shelly at Great Southern Travel.  Hope you can find a roomie.  The woman whose office is right next to mine was just diagnosed with this disease!  It sucks!

But, we cruise in 87 days!  I look forward to meeting you, Laurie.

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi Girls,

I thougth I would check in and see if anyone has been to this board recently.  I am doing really well and am now almost 4 years since diagnosis. Feeling good and enjoying life. Still actively involved in supporting cancer patients with my English speaking Cancer support group here in The Hague, Holland. Love and strength to you all. Singapore Chris xx 

• Springtime
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi Chris! I noticed your post! Glad you are well! Your picture is lovely. Miss you in the Facebook group! Love to you! Spring (Beverly)

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited May 2012
    Options

Rest in peace....my sweet sister!  You are gonna be missed so much.  Thank you for making so many of us smile on here.  I came back to say goodbye...because this is where I first said hello to you.  

Love to you always and you're forever in my heart! 

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited May 2012
    Options

sweet Genia we had the same thought. I thought it only fitting to come back here where it all began to say goodbye to a dear friend. Thank you Jane for listening to me gripe, for sharing your love, wisdom and insights with us. You will be missed. Rest well sweet friends. Cancer no more!!!!!!!!!

• Springtime
    edited May 2012
    Options

I had the same thought too. Jane, we went through a lot together, and we will miss you in this world. See you up there in heaven. Please come and greet us as we arrive! I think of you at peace, and happy, and beautiful, and content, and full of absolute bliss. Love Love Love!!!

• Juli50
    edited May 2012
    Options

Me too!

Jane, you will be in our hearts forever! So glad we had that cruise together! Love you g/f! xoxox

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited May 2012
    Options

It's amazing how much we all think alike!  Love you girls....very much.

This is the first time I've been back here in forever. 

• bettysgirl
    edited May 2012
    Options

me too. Once again it proves we are bonded more than anyone ever knew in 08...!

• theprettiestmess
    theprettiestmess Member Posts: 198
    edited September 2012
    Options

((<3))

• bettysgirl
    edited October 2012
    Options

Four yrs ago we were all going through TX and getting adjusted to havng no hair...Now we are gearing up for a possible big shin dig in a yr...just posting because i am curious how long it will be before someone comes back here to visit. We've come a long way in 4 yrs. Love you all so much!

• Juli50
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Love you too! Can't wait till next year! Laughing
  • Wink
    Wink Member Posts: 476
    edited November 2012
    Options

I make it back here every once in a while Smile Can't wait for our retreat!

• bettysgirl
    edited April 2013
    Options

So a few of you have popped in since that post. Here we are and it is almost May of 2013. We are slowly creeping up on that 5 yr mark, Reservations have been made, and we are all looking forward to a fall get together for the "Fall Girls of "08". I am so thankful that the Lord brought us all together.

• Juli50
    edited April 2013
    Options

WooHoo! I bought my airfare this week! Can't wait! xoxox

• bettysgirl
    edited April 2013
    Options

woo hoo- julies is the first one back....I AM going to mail you my check THIS week! Thanks for talking the lead and making the reservation!!

• Juli50
    edited April 2013
    Options

Thanks, Lisa! Can't wait for September! Laughing

• bettysgirl
    edited May 2013
    Options

as Forest Gump said in the movie, some says I guess there are not enough rocks. Today has been a day where I could have hurled every rock in the entire state of Ga and not gotten relief from the anger/dismay I have felt today. I asked you girls for prayers for my daughter and I won't be asking anymore. I am so tired of being the toilet...Life is just not meant to be kind to me or her...what is it they say about the sins of the fathers...well i think it's the sins of the mother coming to roost and Yes there is a round about way that i can say that this is my fault too...it all comes down to the BC. It always comes back to the BC...With each passing day I find less an less of a reason to want to be here. I am tired. I am bitter and so very angry tonight. Another piece of me has died today..not much left.

• Juli50
    edited May 2013
    Options

I am so sorry, Lisa. All I can offer is a big cyber hug and wishes for a better day. xoxox