Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo in Sept 08

Options

Comments

• theprettiestmess
    theprettiestmess Member Posts: 198
    edited June 2013
    Options

I just love you girls. 

I spent the better portion of the afternoon re-reading our posts, and some days, it still feels raw. We're blessed, you know, to have found each other through social media, and even though Jane isn't physically here with us, I'm sure that she breezes through each of our lives every day. 

<3 xoxoxo 

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited June 2013
    Options

it is interesting to "walk" through the posts as the group changed, evolved and bonded over the course of treatment. Who knew in the beginning where we would all be today. The thing that strikes me is looking and making note of the dates..differing dx time, differing surgery timeframes, chemo before, chemo after...we all had different stories but somehow we all ended up in this group in the fall of 08 and things just rolled from there. The posts are a mark of our 5 yr journey since dx...we will all mark lots of 5's this year. It has been quite a ride..and I do feel that Jane is watching over us, laughing at the crazy things we do. Lifting us up..Love my fall girls. YOu all have made a HUGE difference in my life!!!

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited July 2013
    Options

Love ALL of you and thank God he brought you into my life.  Not sure what I would have done without you.  

• bettysgirl
    edited August 2013
    Options

Happy Dancing as the days roll forward to fall and to meeting up with a bunch of wonderful friends!

• bettysgirl
    edited September 2013
    Options

WOW!!!!!!!! Cannot believe that we have come to this time!!! Tomorrow is the day that 7 of us head to the beautiful mountains of Tenn. to celebrate, remember and PARTY!!!!!!!!! WOO HOOO GIRLS!!!!!!!!! It's almost that time....See you guys tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited September 2013
    Options

• bettysgirl
    edited September 2013
    Options

what an awesome trip this has been to celebrate, remember and laugh about the places we have been. the memories we have made this week will be forever in our hearts. Happy Fall Ya'll!!!!!!#

• flannelette
    flannelette Member Posts: 398
    edited October 2013
    Options

Greetings! I have searched for you all for a while. I am your sister-in-spirit, started chemo Sept. 08, didn't know bc.org existed. Joined once I got into rads in Jan or Feb 09. and hey , ya, I'm still here! despite my humungous , aggresssive tumor. For a very long time I would not let any dr. tell me my stage, for fear of being caught in some sort of statistics mind-set and falling into depresssion.

I drank pure cabbage juice upon being dx, which prettty much gave me total diarhea through surgery & for 6 weeks until the digestive lining renewed its cells. But I like to think it was so awful the cancer cells just had to run away. I secretly took milk thistle tincture, preapred by a local organic herbalist, right after each chemo. I had no port. My veins shrank in fright. I hated that disgusting red colour of the E in FEC. But I worked at my own job, which I did at home, all through. I would get up at about 3 am, start work, collapse at noon. I detested the taste of water. Improved my gums a lot by flossing & brushing about 5 times a day as mouth tasted like a garbage pit. Once made the mistake of trying to take our garbage to the dump, in winter. I got out of the car, looked at the frozen field of mud, snow & garbage, and let out a retch that could be heard for miles. They had to get the most experienced infusion nurse to play a little "blow out the birthday candles on the cake" game with me to get the friggin needle in by the end. Ah, memories of chemo! but you know, the whole time I was on such a high to be alive people asked my dh if i was on drugs.(happy ones)

I thinl I will read up on your bios from time to time today. Have a lovely day - nice to see your 5 yr meeting pic from Tennesee.

late to the party but glad to meet you, Arlene

• Juli50
    edited October 2013
    Options

Arlene - Happy to hear you are a survivor too! Thanks for sharing your story.

Nice to meet you,

Juli Laughing

• flannelette
    flannelette Member Posts: 398
    edited October 2013
    Options

I do have a question about aromatase inhibitors. since most of you, if ER+, would be close to finishing 5 years of it, or of tamoxifen. How many are going on to more years of arimidex? that will soon be coming up for me.

• bettysgirl
    edited October 2013
    Options

My oncologist has suggested to continue on tamox for 10 yrs

• Juli50
    edited October 2013
    Options

! more year of Tamox for me. My onc wants to switch me to an AI for a couple years, then Evista.

Juli

• bettysgirl
    edited November 2013
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving girls!!!!!!! XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

• Juli50
    edited November 2013
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving, right back atcha! xoxox Happy

• bettysgirl
    edited December 2013
    Options

The holidays are her and everyone is busy bees...how i wish we were sitting on top of the mountain, with a fire in the fireplace...just sharing a day together. Like I said in the letter to you mountain girls...the down side of the trip was that NOW i KNOW what I am missing and it hurts so much....I hope you all have a great holiday.

• Juli50
    edited December 2013
    Options

Merry Christmas to all my beautiful sisters! Love you all! xoxox

SillyHeart

• bettysgirl
    edited August 2014
    Options

8 ms since a post. I miss you girls so much it hurts. So blue and down right now. Wish we were in the Smokies laughing it up and celebrating another year. Miss you! Love you!!HUGS all around.

• bettysgirl
    edited August 2014
    Options

6 YRS girls! Most of us have hit the mark this summer or are coming up on it. I Love you to the moon and back! Happy Cancerversary to all of you!! 

• bettysgirl
    edited September 2014
    Options

a year ago we were counting days and beginning to pack to prepare for a trip of a lifetime. Some days it seems like yesterday and some days it feels like it was years ago!!!!!!! Love you , miss you, ready to see you all again!!!!!

• Tanzie
    Tanzie Member Posts: 115
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hey sweet gal, I just wandered in here out of the blue.  This fall weather has definitely got me feeling a longing for the mountains. We did say we would aim for next year, right?  Love you, much...

• bettysgirl
    edited October 2014
    Options

I hope so. I would go today if I had the funds...I am so in need of a break. I wish we could all morph there. Love you too sweet sister!

• bettysgirl
    edited November 2014
    Options

Love you girls and hope Thanksgiving is good to you. Love and Hugs. Missing our laughter.

• Juli50
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hope y'all had a Happy Thanksgiving! xoxoxoxox Smile

• bettysgirl
    edited December 2014
    Options

Almost Christmas again. The clock spins, the calendar turns and each day is new. Love you girls and hope your holidays are awesome.

• bettysgirl
    edited March 2015
    Options

New year, New challenges. Time matches on. 

• bettysgirl
    edited March 2015
    Options

Missing you girls, missing laughter and smiles and fun memories. Love you girls and hope that all is well with you.

• bettysgirl
    edited June 2015
    Options

SEVEN.....

• bettysgirl
    edited August 2015
    Options

It seems that the depression that began after we had such a great time together continues to grow. 2 yrs of pain and anguish. I wonder some days if I will ever laugh again, ever cry..(nope even i can't drum that up) an empty shell walking through life and I don't know exactly when it began. Don't know if I will ever recover from this round. I am surrounded by circumstances beyond my control, filled with anger that I seem to be just floating in the wind and wishing I had a friend to share it with. Life has become SO hard. For so long I have tried to keep my head above water. Think of me girls...life is swallowing me alive.

• Juli50
    edited August 2015
    Options

I was just here on this site less than an hour ago. Haven't logged on in a long time. Sorry, we can't get together this year. Hugs and prayers that life gets better for you and the others that are having a hard time. xoxoxoxoxox

• bettysgirl
    edited September 2015
    Options

AWWWW that time of year, the mornings are cool, the evening sky is vibrant and the wanderlust for the mountains begins....