Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Chemo in Sept 08

Comments

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited March 2009

So far, so good....better than chemo.

• theprettiestmess
    theprettiestmess Member Posts: 198
    edited March 2009

Walking isn't working, elevating my legs isn't working, either. I sleep in compression sox and my legs still look and feel the same as when I went to bed the night before. It's frustrating. I don't have any clots or DVT, and it would seem that if it's NOT due to Taxol (my onc said that it's one of the 'rarer' side effects...DUH), and it's not going anywhere when I walk, WHAT THE HELL IS IT?

I'd really like to wear some pretty, hot shoes for a wedding I have to attend in two weeks. Somehow, I don't think that my purple Crocs are gonna cut it. If she won't give me Lasix, I'm gonna make an appt with my internist, and if HE won't give it to me, I'll head to the ER. I'm not asking to take Lasix long term, just until the side effects of the chemo have worn off...I don't think that's too much to ask for....

I'm gonna go pout now.... 

• Tanzie
    Tanzie Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2009

Hey girls!!

Just popping in before running off out of town.  I'll miss checking in with you all! Take care of yourselves.

Genia- My prayers will be with you tomorrow!  Everything will be okay!

Love ya'll!

Lei

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited March 2009

Good Jane.....glad to hear that!

Robin you poor thing.....be careful with the lasix....you'll get your potassium depleted.  

Have fun Lei.....wish I was there!

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2009
  • Juli50
    edited March 2009

Just wanted to share my beautiful flowers with y'all! Kiss

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited March 2009

juli- the flowers are soooo pretty.

Genia- Tonight i am praying for you, that you get a restful sleep, and I pray for the wisdom of ALL who treat you while you are in the hospital. I pray for quick healing and I pray for your family as they support you. LOVE YA!!!

Jane- glad the rads are going well for you

Trude- Hope you are feeling better every day.

Lei- Have a safe trip!!

To everyone else- Have a great evening.

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited March 2009

Hi girls,

Prettiest, hope your poor legs drain soon, sounds terrible, if it's not from chemo, what's it from?? Love you hair, definately growing!

Jane, lovely flowers, hope you are feeling better by the day.

Brandonmum, I wasn't thinking of leaving the site, but I think a lot of people won't be checking it as often if they think everyone is done with chemo.  I also wondered how long the organisers will keep it in the system.  I suppose if we are still active, it will be here.

Genia, you are probably in surgery now, we are all praying for you girl. Look foward to seeing your happy face back here very soon.

Tanzie, have a good trip!

"Smile at everyone you pass today, make the world a brighter place"

Singapore Chris x

• trudecox
    trudecox Member Posts: 143
    edited March 2009

Yeah!!!!  My path came back no residual carcinoma !!!!!  I am so excited both my surgeon and my onc said this is the best case !!!  Onc said no rads, but sending me to a rad onc just to be sure, I will see my surgeon next week.  I did see the PS as he is doing f/u, still have a drain, and only a few sutures were removed.  All should be done by next week. 

I am soooooo excited at the thought of no Rads !!!!!   Yipee !!!!!!

Genia - we love you and are praying for you......it will be over before you know it.  After one week I was feeling pretty darn good.  Hope you are the same.

Prettiest - maybe HCZT is a good alternate to Lasix.  Hope you get some help !!!!!  Keep away from salt.....that could help some.

Trude

• trudecox
    edited March 2009

Juli - you go girl !!!   Get better fast.....oh, and the hat is too cute.  I was so out of it I went with no hat in the hospital.....LOL quite the sight!!!!!

Trude

• Juli50
    edited March 2009

Trude - WOOHOO! That's fantastic news!

Robin - I have a leftover bottle of Lasix here. Wish I could give them to ya! I have a big bottle of potassium too. Yell

I'm collecting everyone's emails... here's mine: jules2simi@hotmail.com Laughing

• Genia
    edited March 2009

Nope...not in surgery yet Chris.  It's 11 pm here.

The flowers are beautiful......Jane ya did a good job picking them out. 

Thanks Lisa.....you're a sweetheart!

Goin to bed.....will talk to you all when I can!

love and g'nite hugs

• theprettiestmess
    edited March 2009
    Loving Father, We entrust Genia to your care this day; guide with wisdom and skill the minds and hands of the medical people who minister in your Name, and grant that every cause of disease be removed, that Genia may be restored to soundness of health and learn to live in more perfect harmony with you and with those around her. Through Jesus Christ. Amen. 

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited March 2009

Thinking of Genia!!! Praying for Genia!! Thinking of Genia!!! Praying for Genia!! Thinking of Genia!!! Praying for Genia!! Thinking of Genia!!! Praying for Genia!! Thinking of Genia!!! Praying for Genia!! Thinking of Genia!!! Praying for Genia!! Thinking of Genia!!! Praying for Genia!! Thinking of Genia!!! Praying for Genia!! Thinking of Genia!!! Praying for Genia!!

Spring...

If anybody hears, please post for the rest of us...

• Springtime
    edited March 2009

What is Lasix?

Pretty flowers! Good job Jane! Thanks for sharing Jules!

Trude, that is WONDERFUL!!! No rads is a blessing!!! Much better for reconstruction, and EVERYTHING! 

• trudecox
    edited March 2009

Spring, Lasix is a water pill, usually used for people with excess water build up.  Those with fluid in lungs and around the heart.  But sometimes those with limbs that are puffy from water retention. Pretty strong stuff.....but side effect can be low potassium level.

Hope that helps (layman explanation)

Trude

• trudecox
    edited March 2009

Prayers and huggs for Genia

Trude

• Springtime
    edited March 2009

Trude, I totally get it! I hope someone can give it to you...

Still thinking about Genia!!!

• Juli50
    edited March 2009

Happy Saint Patty's Day to y'all! Laughing

Thinking of Genia! Kiss

Gotta put up a new pic soon! Undecided

• Springtime
    edited March 2009

Checked Genia's FB, no update. It is still early. 12:15 ET, just past noon....

• Genia
    edited March 2009

im ok.   4 hour surgery.  cant type anymore

• Juli50
    edited March 2009

yay Genia! We are soooo thinking of you! Laughing

I went in for a check up with my onc today and ended up getting IV fluids for dehydration. He said I am not anemic now, so the transfusion helped. He also said no Tamoxifen, probably Arimidex when I finish rads. Anyone else going with Arimidex?

• theprettiestmess
    edited March 2009

Genia...Thank God! I left a message on your home answering machine this afternoon...All your job is now is to heal...rest and heal...nothing else!

Juli...at least you're on the upswing!! Do they know what's dehydrating you?

Robin 

• Juli50
    edited March 2009

Robin - my best guess is having diarrhea for 12 days (from antibiotics)? LOL

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited March 2009

Hi Girls,

Genia, you can type!  that's wonderful. We await more news soon.

Juli, I am on Tamoxafin, doing well, no side effects. Keep drinking lot of fluids.

Excellent news Trude, keep up the good work, rest, eat, drink.

Take care everyone

Singapore Chris

• bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited March 2009

evening my lovely peeps,

I miss hangin out with you but this has been a testing week. Bone scans Brains scans and chest scans all with and without dye.BS!!! 

I'm exhausteed; I Can barely board the bus holding on to the handles on both sides, I still walk like a drunk lady and now I have to stop and catch up on my  breathing. Please pardon typos and funny looking typing, I have to stop now. If all my test show I;m normal:lol:lol I will get 1/2 dose of Taxol Friday or MOnday. I told my doc NJO WAY!!!! I did have a slice or two:):) of Key Lime PIE...Pure tee heaven.

love you all

mina

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited March 2009

Mina- I know the Key lime pie was yummy!! So sorry you are still feeling bad, I hope that it all improves for you soon and that everything comes back good on the scans.

Juli- UGH NO WONDER you're dehydrated!!!!

Genia- You go girl!! Glad to hear you came through the surgery well and we are all sending prayers of helaing up for you.

I think i am going to have to re-think the timing of the tamoxifen. I had been taking it at night before bed...the past couple of nights i have crashed and forgotten it!! Can't give him an update if i forget to take it huh????

Trude- Hope you are better everyday.

Wink- how are you??? GA weather going to be good for you this weekend???

Have a great day girls

Lisa

• Springtime
    edited March 2009

Genia, Thank You God!!!!  I thought of you all last night, I kept waking up.  I hope this means you had a good nights sleep somehow in the big picture of the universe....

Julie, I get consipation all the time at the drop of a hat. I wish we could "trade" our gastro intestinal side effects upon demand!!!! I think I will be on Arimidex, but will find out at end of month. Blood tests show I am POST menopausal (chemo "did in" my period!) We'll see what they say.

Mina... you poor kid!!! Seems like you are either buzzing from the Decodron or Pooped from the tests!!! The tests can wipe you out.... Let us know what your results are. I am sure they are fine. 

Robin, maybe you need what Juli had to "dehydrate" your swelling??? LOL.

Lisa, good to hear from you. It is SUNNY HERE!!! Woooooooo!!! It was like Seatle and London combined for a week. ugh! too gray.

Hi Chris!!! Are you all done jumping into the pool??? LOL . 

I just got back from the proctologist and am now set up to have my first colonoscopy in about a month. I sure hope everything is "all clear" down there and no "C". Funny how I think of tests so differently now... (But I note I am much less of a wimp about all things medical given the last 8 months!) 

FYI - just checked Genia's FB and nothing new there....

Spring..

• Genia
    edited March 2009

I made it thru the surgery ok.  Im sore but doin great.

The doctor feels confident he got all the cancer out and Im on my way to a good recovery.

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited March 2009

Hey Genia,

That's great news!  I was a little owie after surgery too.  Hang in there!  Every day is better.  When do you get to leave?