Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Join us on the mountain

Options

Comments

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited March 2010
    Options

Palaminio ... that picture says so much ... freedom, the wind in your hair (mane), secure in the knowledge that you can go anywhere you want under your own power.  There is just something so majestic about horses.  Its funny that before reading your message at the bottom of the picture the first thought I had was freedom.

Deborye ... is that some sort of lighthouse?  Its pretty cool!

Jackie ... while I do love the beach, I hate the crowds.  I'd rather go in fall when there aren't many people.and to a beach that has not been commercialized.   And what a beautiful fall picture.  I would be right in the middle of that bridge watching the water flow.

Spar - how cool is that - the Daniel Fast.  Our church has always had one Sunday a month where you eat only dinner so you know what it feels like to be hungry and then donate what you would have spent on those two meals and donate to charity.  Its called fast and testimony meeting.  In addition to the fasting, members can stand and give their testimony.  It can be very emotional but it feels so good to share your love of God and thank Him for all his blessings in our lives.

Here's to more happy dreaming

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited March 2010
    Options

Allyson..Here are your bluebells. Start enjoying them now.

SheilaWink

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited March 2010
    Options

Sheila, thanks for posting those bluebells, they made me smile this morning

Nicki, the horse on the beach is just wonderful, such freedom.

Kathleen, that sounds pretty cool the things your church does too.

Alyson, I like the beaches off season too, you can find so much more goodies then like sea glass that I love.  Hope your knee gets better fast.  I have been using a warm pack on my knee where I twisted it and it has helped a lot.  This bronchitis has got me down and the antibiotics has upset my tummy. Am going to lay down for a bit and then post some more places.  Everyone have a God blessed day.

View Image

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,876
    edited March 2010
    Options

What a relaxing place to visit!  Love the pics of flowers and the horse on the beach is awesome.  Jackie's post on the ocean was like a poem.  Contented sigh.....

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Deb, those harebells are beautiful too.  So ready for spring.  My puppies have been going out on the deck today and eating the snow.  they are so funny and make me smile all the time.  they will take off running and then slide in the snow.  they will be shiviring and still don't want to come in.

Ready for some sunflowers.  We ought to all plant some and compare our pictures of them this summer.

View Image

Our tulip and iris bulbs are all up, can't wait to see all the blooms.  I will take pictures with my new camera when they open up

View Image

View Image

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

View Image

I have some orange tiger lily's in my garden also.  There is a lady here in town that has fairy garden parties, not sure exactly what that is but sounds interesting.  Do any of you know what it is?

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Talk about a circle of friends here is a great picture showing that.

circleofkittens.jpg Circle of cats picture by spark56_photo

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited March 2010
    Options

I count 10 cuddly kittens

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2010
    Options

Spar ... all the photos you posted are gorgeous!

Isn't life grand!  There is so much beauty in the world.  I know I forget sometimes with all the bad things happening in the world that there is much beauty and kindness too.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,542
    edited March 2010
    Options

I adore every one of those kittens and will take 5 of each....thank you. Hope you all are counting on having a fantastic day. 

Lots of hugs,  Jackie

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

Jo,

I did watch that...twice.  It was totally awesome.  Our Creator did give us such a beautiful and very interesting world to help us on through our eternal journey.  I really commend those photographers for having not only the patience but the courage to put themselves in so many of what seemed to me dangerous venues to get those pictures.  As well, I so enjoyed getting to know some of those smaller species that exist. 

God is a great designer.  I'm already anxious to see the next segment.

Jackie

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hello to all the mountaineers, love the kitty in the cup.  Still not feeling up to par but better a bit each day.  One time when I went to visit my son it was when all the cherry blossoms were in DC and it was so beautiful.  Going to see if I can find some pictures to post of them.

View Image

Awesome, what a work of wonder

View Image

alll my visits to DC, I still have not went to the top of this

View Image

Love the look and love the smell

• donsuzbee
    donsuzbee Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2010
    Options

I, too, watched the "Life' program.  I was astounded to know the risks the photographers must have taken to photo everything.  And to think of all the research that has made up the program.  Something like that takes a long time to study each animal and learn the habits, etc.  Wish I could be as patient about my health!!!!   God is really in the message of that program.

Susan B.

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

Susan, good to see you again.  Aren't those cherry blossoms beautiful.  We do get treated to a lot of "beauty" here.  I think ( Oprah Winfrey was the narrator for that program by the way ) that before it started something was said about it's taking three years just to put the "Life" program together. 

It is sunny here in  southern Illinois today and I am sure glad.  Will get to the 60's it is said.  That is ok with me too.  I'm ready for Spring. 
    Totally.

Hugs, Jackie

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

Happy Spring.

Jackie

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options
    View Image
  • illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

Oh my -- another beauty that just looks so kissable. Hope you are all going to have a really fantastic day today.  I should if all goes as planned.  The plan is:  I have no plan.  I go where life leads me fitting in my feral cat feedding and other items.....And life goes on as it is meant too.

See you all later.  Must go find some more cute kitty pics.

Hugs, Jackie

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Jackie, sometimes that is the best kine of day is to have no plans.  Hope all the mountaineers are having a blessed day.  I am ready for some spring animal pictures

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Good day all. View Image

edited cause my other picture got the red x

God's Beauty

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

Love this picture.

Jackie

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,876
    edited March 2010
    Options

Gosh, that's a lot of kittens!  Surely more than a litter?  There's nothing cuter than a kitten or a puppy. 

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Your right Carole I do love kittens and puppys.  they can sure put a smile on a persons face.

View Image

View Image

View Image

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

View Image

View Image

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited March 2010
    Options

Yelling to the world from the top of a mountain, "it's my three year cancerversary today."

• melissa-5-19
    melissa-5-19 Member Posts: 251
    edited March 2010
    Options

congratulations!!

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

A hundred more to you.

Jackie

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Deb, I am climbing right behind you hollaring yaaaahoooo too.  Go Deb.  I love those cancerversaries.  Congrats and many more. 

• palaminoridesagain
    palaminoridesagain Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • kmccraw423
    edited March 2010
    Options

Palamino ... that is a beautiful picture with my favorite color!

Deborye ... Contratulations!!  That's awesome.

Spar ... gorgeous pics.  Puts me in mind of a cherry blossom story.  One day a new co-worker asked me what date the Cherry Blossoms Parade was scheduled because some friends of his wanted to come see the cherry blossoms.  I replied ... that's two different events!  If he wants to see the parade he can plan a trip.  If he wants to see the cherry blossoms he'll have to be on 'call.'

• spar2
    edited April 2010
    Options

Kathleen, you are a riot, thats why I love you dear girl.

Nicki I love that picture, the colors are so spring time. just beautiful

Wanted to say hi to all the mountaineers and wish you all a good rest of the week.