Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Join us on the mountain

Options

Comments

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited March 2010
    Options

Jackie, I am so thrilled to see you here.  Love love love the kitty, so unusual are her eyes.  Is she yours? She is just beautiful.  I hope you stop by often.  I love to hear of your feeding the feral cats and anything about them.

Deb, I told the preacher we probably would not camp but would be hanging out with them during the day time and will bring food.  I think it will be great getting to know everyone in a different setting.  We have started having a pot luck dinner one Sunday a month to eat all together.  It is just a wonderful homey church with great people and some really fun good kids.  I will take pictures to share when this all happens at the park.

Am so thankful your not underwater, how in the world is everyone coping?  Did you get your bay window sealed?  If you take any pictures of the flooding will you share them with us?

• melissa-5-19
    melissa-5-19 Member Posts: 251
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi- just a minute before I have 100 miles (each way) to check up and the rural Volunteer FF- they need education too! It will be a long day and this is my last visit to each of the 13 rural stations before we "GO HOME"

Deb so glad you are not underwater- have you ladies ever read "Angela's Ashes" the poor little boy calls his downstairs (1st floor NOT the basement) Veiane, IT. as they are always flooded- mind you I am not recommending this book I found parts untolerable but have made a deal with my self to complete any book I start.

Spar- We have OLD Original stone steps up from the road- I took one look at then and decided that coming up on the right would be so much  more safe and my DH was thinking the same thing. SO the planters, birdhouses and such will be used to block the stairs and I am looking for a "one way" sign to direct people to the other walkway. The old stone is to valuable , to me, in terms of charm to be removed. Pictures may need to come by e mail or I e mail you and you can be my publisher.

Hi Jackie- That kitten is simply too cute!

Love, gentle hugs and prayers to you all! Miss Kitty (melissa1518 or Melissa -5-19---but I too like Miss Kitty so much better)

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited March 2010
    Options

I remember as a child we used to go the the Congregation Church and once a month they would have a bean supper.  I really loved the brown bread.  Then they would have a minstrel show, can't do that anymore.

Can't wait for those pics spar.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,542
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi,

Sad to say the white kitty is not mine, but just a picture I found.  It is a beauty of a cat.  I have spent my whole life ( so far anyway ) looking for an ugly cat and I guess there just aren't any.  The same could be said about dogs too. 

In addition to feeding the feral cats I have 21 here....all neutered and spayed and they are living out their life with me and Dh.  I am fortunate that he seldom makes issue of the fact we are crawling with furry friends here.  If he does I just remind him that he has "deposited" a few here himself when he realized he was their only hope.  God must have known what he was doing when he let us "bump" into one another 35 years ago. 

I'm going to go jump into some sleepers and get into my recliner.  Long day for me and I'm winding down whether I want to or not.  See you all later.

Hugs, Jackie

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi Jackie, Spar, Deb, Melissa and others

I wondered where you had gone. Has anyone seen Jo?

Looked in and delighted to find it is peaceful here, something I need at present.

Have been cleaning out the pantry so must finish.

Alyson

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Alyson, I got a few notes from JO yesterday, she is doing ok.  Hopefully she will post some soon, probably the prayer thread.  I have never even seen pictures of Auckland so I am going to google it and see what I can see

Jackie that is how I feel about my husband too, God really knew what he was doing there also.  God is so good.

Melissa, miss kitty, It would be a lot of hard work but those old precious stones could be dug up and make a new pathway.  I can't wait to see inside you home.  And your really making your last teaching classes right now.  Wow, time is passing. 

View Image

Wow, it is a city right on the water, how beautiful

View Image

View Image

A very beautiful place

• Alyson
    edited March 2010
    Options

Spar, we regularly walk around One Tree Hill, not that the big tree is there any more as it was cut down in a protest. The daffodils are beautiful in spring . Must go again before our trip as the leaves will have changed but we don't get brilliant colour as it is usually not cold enough here. Auckland is a city surrounded by water as it is on a very narrow isthmus. I just wish that we could see the water but can't from here. We are about 1and a half miles from the CDB. How is the leg?  I got news today that my knee is in a bad way and will need replacement.

Alyson

• melissa-5-19
    edited March 2010
    Options

I am looking up One Tree today! Also about our steps- they are huge probably 3 feet long and 14 inches deep- they are not budging on my watch! Besides can't you just see my flowers and vines pouring over the planters and a birdhouse or two ---how charming! Love you guys-  I was up late and then up early- need to get going Happy ST Pat's!

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

Good morning to the mountain ladies.  It is a great morning here.

"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile...it's the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship."  

I hope everyone will be having a most wonderful day.  Allyson, I am so sorry to hear about your knee.  On the upside, seems that most of the people I have known that has this done ( I think Pam is one of them ) have had really good results. 

Allyson....I decided to come here because I don't want to have to miss anyone, but it is a nice place to be with I think....sort of no **distress** and nice loving language.  Sometimes all you really need is some comfort --- and reading helpful and uplifting passages, even when they are directed at someone else is enough to start you on your way there.

Hope you all have a most marvelous day. 

Warm hugs, Jackie

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Alyson, so sorry about your knee what a bummer.  My leg is slowly getting better.  I am semi mobile now and loving it.  You live in a very beautiful area. It is ashame the big tree got cut down

Melissa, I didn't realize they were that big and deep but yes, with some planters and bird feeders will add lots of charm and character.  I know you are going to be very busy with sorting and packing so I am sending you a great big bundle of energy. LOL

Jackie, so glad you are on the mountain, it is peaceful here always.  Wishing you a very good peaceful day.  I love you guys so much.

Seyla, missing you this morning girl.  Happy St Paddy day.

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

View Image

This is a picture that should warm us up. 

View Image

Here is a little guy telling us happy spring

View Image

look at these huge trees, looks like a nice hiking trail

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options
    View Image
  • melissa-5-19
    edited March 2010
    Options

gremlins got my posting! Bummer

Happy Paddi to everyone- love ya'll and think about you often- I am working Jackie hours this month- I think I told some one it was only this week but that is what you do on 3 hours sleep.

no green beer for me- I will have Irish Tea and cookies.has anyone heard from Patoo? I am on a weight loss kick now that i am stable and she had lost some- miss you all when i am not here!

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

JO, so thankful your mammo was clear.  A great big yaaaahoooo!!  I like clean air, nice views and clean language.  There are just too many words in the english language to use foul language and I think my Lord and Savior really frowns on it too.  Hope to keep seeing you on top of the mountain.

Melissa, talked to Patoo today and she is doing good and very supportive.  I love that girl. Sorry you have to work such long hours but it will soon be done and you will be a free woman to have a blast with you DH and visit with me.

• melissa-5-19
    edited March 2010
    Options

Thank God JO! Thank  GOD! I am relieved. we go through it together don't we? New ladies, ladies that have been here longer- we walk the same path,

I hope Patoo is well and hey are you losing weight? I am so disproportionate now when I don't wear my boobs- I went from (when I was 12 lb over wt) a road bump-boobsmeetingtummy- to a giggling pear. I have lots to do. To night I am home but need to sleep- badly, only got 3 hours last night a\s little Eddie woke me and just wanted some loving -did I tell you this- see tired. Tomorrow I do the same drive as last night and make a left vs a right- only 5 people oput there- one would think they could "come together" NOT

love to all got to go nightie-nightie, "all the names you want to call me"LOL

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Night night Melissa, get some sleep tonight so you can handle that busy day tomorrow.  we just had company leave, 2 grandkids we haven't seen in 7 years and how sweet they were and my stepdaughter who has lost a lot of weight and looks really pretty.  night all mountaineers

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2010
    Options

Sorry mountaineers.  Took a walk and was enjoying the trees, flowers and listening to the birds that I walked all the way down the mountain.  It's pretty down there as well but it was a long way back up here.  The good news is all that walking (and I interspersed a little with some skipping and jumping jacks) helped me to drop 12 lbs.  Ha, only 20 more to go.  Hmmmm, might have to walk back down.  BTW, in the valley was a pond, about 4 feet deep and so I jumped in and did exercises there because it's easier on my knees and bad hip.   Water aerobics is the absolutely best exercise if you have joint problems.  Working out in the water is equivalent to 7 or 8 times the resistance on dry land and believe it or not, you sweat in the water!

Anyone want to come back down with me?  (after I sit a spell on the porch swing).

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Wow, very proud of you.  I will be starting a diet and exercise plan with the whole church March 28 at 6pm and am hoping for some of your kind of results.  This town does have an indoor pool, that is a great idea.  Even if my leg is still broke I bet I could play in the water.  By the way, I am sitting in the swing with you right now but yawning big, may have to get ready for bed soon.  Gonna take a hike (virtual for now) up the mountain tomorrow and see what all spring is bring in.  Love you Patoo, keep up the good work.

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

I am so enjoying the soothing pictures here and thought I'd share one that I really like:

I have had a really good day today as I was out in the sunshine part of the day -- fed my feral cats, and helped Maggie at her house.  Everyone I met today was kind.  That makes for a very good day indeed.  See you all later.

Jackie

• Alyson
    edited March 2010
    Options

Some of my roses which are now over, would love to be able to send them to you. I have just finished icing a cake for a wedding - it is a chocolate cake so couldn'e be iced too soon. So hope the weather is fine tomorrow as it is out at a beach.

Alyson

• melissa-5-19
    edited March 2010
    Options

Patoo I think 12 pounds is wonderful- I just started and lost 4 and need to keep going. I saw my self in some shop windows on Monday - I did not go with recon and wear my boobs on the weekends and #1 have terrible body disproportional with a few pounds around the equator wiggling with every step, talk about motivation! Walking giggling pear-NICE,LOL.

Long Long day in front of me  but then it is FRIDAY and I get to attend a meeting with professional friends AND I may have found anurse to replace me at the Fire department.YEAH!

got ta run

love love the pictures I will e mail some more to spar, love you ladies

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Jackie, fell in love with that picture.  It is beautiful

Alyson, those are the most beautiful roses, so perfect and the color I have never seen before.  love them.  Now, I want a big huge piece of chocolate cake.

Melissa, that would be great if you have found a replacement nurse, though you would be awful hard to replace. LOL

View Image

there I go taking the short cut up the mountain again.  Just Kidding. LOL

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

View Image

Can you imagine climbing something like this, even if I made it to the top, I would fall off.

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

View Image

I love ducks, look how clear that water is

View Image

flying high and free

View Image

what beautiful colors

View Image

fuzzy little creature

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

View Image

Stark mountains but beautiful in its own way.

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Maxine cracks me up

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

View Image

Us with all the hot flashes can  understand this one.

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

Afternoon friends.  Loved all those beautiful pictures.  The clear water with the ducks was so enchanting ---  in my imagination it seems it would be the most wonderful thing to glide along a beautiful water way thinking terrific thoughts and just enjoying the air and the view.  Having these thoughts is a great way to get into the present.  We all seem to get so easily stuck in our yesterdays and then skip from there into the worries about what will be happening later....next week or next month.....so becomes difficult to be present in each new second that is now. 

That is one of the nice things about using your imagination to see if you can really feel what you are seeing.  Obviously you want to look at something that is pretty.  When we can do this.....our perceptions become better because we are really "here" , and when we are not pulled away we just know things that we can't seem to pull out of our brains at other times and we will smoothly and effortlessly solve many of our problems.  I so wish it were far easier to stay in the "now" but that does take some efforts to learn.  I have not learned it yet. 

I hope you are all having a fantastic day.  I'm at work so no access to pretty pictures here.  I'll be checking back later on this evening when I'm home for the night.  See you then.  

Healing Hugs, Jackie

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Yesterday I would have sworn I was over this cold but today it is back with a vengence, getting worse as the day goes on.  I have the 12 year old grandson today and he has been a big help.  tomorrow I have the 19 year old grandson and out for crab legs.  Since I only get to see him once a year I am going even with this cold.  Hope everyone is doing good today.  I have been walking up to 5 times a day with the walker now and I feel like I am getting stronger but won't really know until after the tests the first week in April.    I have an oncology last week of this month, they always make me a little nervous.  Got the movie Invention of  lying to watch tonight.  Watched 2012 last week.  I am beginning to like netflex.  Hope everyone is having a good day.  Jackie, I will take those healing hugs anyday.  thank you.

View Image

This looks like a nice place to do our water exercise

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

This is some spring in flordia, it looks so clear, blue, and beautiful