Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Join us on the mountain

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,542
    edited March 2010
    Options

Here is a picture of my little sweetie.  He is a male Pomeranian.  Any of you that may have had one will know when they come into the household.....they are in charge from that day forward.

So, his name is Baby Boss -- and is quite bossy at times.  Insists on being in my chair with me, and comes to bed with me as well.  I don't mind that all so much most of the time, but the other dog  ( small one too ) will come up as well as a cat or two.  Sometimes I yearn just to sit alone, but it has been a long time.

Spar....hope you get to feeling better.  I am going to go now and I am bushed....see you all tomorrow some time.

Warm healing hugs,

Jackie

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited March 2010
    Options

Jackie, beautiful fur baby, he does kind of look like the boss.  Isn't it nice to get all that attention and loving from your babies though, sometimes I have 3 weiner dogs fighting for my attention. 

Things have gotten worse tonight, have started throwing up, ruined my cothes, the carpet, the bedding.  DH just finished cleaning me all up and the bedding is in the dryer now.  I just feel so sick and can't breath and coughing until I throw up.  Oh to be all the way well again.  Hope tomorrow is a better day. Am now drinking hot tea with a cough drop.  Soon as the bedding is dry I am off to sleepy land.

View Image

• palaminoridesagain
    palaminoridesagain Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2010
    Options

Nice to see so many old friends enjoying sometime on the mountain.  It has been such along time since I have stopped by.  I am going through a pretty rough time right now and it was so nice to come here and see all the beautiful pictures that bring peace and comfort.   A little get away from reality is always good. 

Have a wonderful day. 

• melissa-5-19
    melissa-5-19 Member Posts: 251
    edited March 2010
    Options

Spar - read Gilda again=maybe she can make you smile. Lovely pictures and get well, is this cold more than a cold? How is foot?

Jackie- Pommies ROCK , DH and I always watch the Westminster and the little Pommies march around the ring so smart and like little Generals - smiling with eyes twinkling- They are simply adorable- probably one of thoes in my future.

Palamino- so sorry you are ill- I suppose it is still winter and we can expect colds and flu- take care.

On Thursday I had to visit a rural community after my normal work hours- that gives me "Jackie Hours" , a 14 hour day, up until after 10 and awake at 3 too tired to really sleep well- life goes , My cords have returned so I will be working on those and I have a class most of the day. Who has done their taxes- I am dreading it but must face up- yes I am sure we will pay! But it will be the last time.

Checking out until much later- love to all, Patoo keep up the good work- Hey every one have a great day.

• richardebbey
    richardebbey Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Options

Yes indeed!! Moreover this picture has really stolen my heart. Livea

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

The above post is spam by richardebbe, selling stuff.  Don't click on it, it may contain a virus.

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi Spar, and all....just thought I would come peek at your mountain thread, and maybe look in on you all from time to time.

Spar, you will be missed on the other thread, will you not reconsider ?? I need my updates and pictures of Chee chee, I am expecting you to let me know when she will be arriving in UK , and which airport to pick her up from !!!

No way can I post pictures...and this thread has some really beautiful pictures... ONE DAY I will teach myself. I bet it is so simple really....but neither my DD nor DS seem to be inclined to help me out. G/children always on the run, so don't expect any help there !

Off to watch a horse race on TV, one of our biggest races of the year, the Cheltenham Gold Cup, always try and catch it if I can. Am supposed to be painting,,,,but that can wait,

Isabella.

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Nicki nurse, so glad to see you on the mountain, can't wait to hear what the rad dr. says today and for you to get a plan going.  Hope the mountain will relax you.  Wish we could go ride some of those horse and fly free in the wind.

Melissa, be careful you don't get TOO tired keeping Jackies hours.  This time the cold is more than a cold I have been throwing up all  night.  Dear hubby had to change all the bedding, pjs, and clean the carpet.  I couldn't hold it or get anywhere fast.  I really think I am getting stronger as far as the broken bone.  It is not hurting as much when I put weight on it now.  Just kind of afraid of shattering it due to the severe osteoporosis.

JO, you know all those stuffed peppers you put up over the winter?  Well, I have been having a craving for them, it is a good thing I don't live by you I may come to steal one. LOL Just kidding but am craving them.

Patoo, do you go to an inside Gym that has a pool to work out in?  I bet that is fun.

I am ready for dh to take me canoeing, I love the peacefulness of going down a clear slow river.  No white water for me anymore.

View Image

this is where my mind is taking me today

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited March 2010
    Options

JO ... oh my gosh, like Spar I have such a craving for stuff peppers ... of course, I have to make them with 'fake' ground beef since I am a vegetarian.  My grandmother made those all the time and I swear I could eat them until my stomach ruptured

Spar ... beautiful pics.  I have not only been craving stuffed peppers but a simple life.,

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

I was only reading because I'm at work and only one computer ( the one all the agents have to use ) close enough to my desk....so can't stay on long.  Just wanted to thank you Spar for the warning about Richardebbe.  I just wondered what he was talking about, then went back to see the final word in BLUE to you can click on it. 

Not time, but sending lots of love and get wells to everyone as I will have to catch up later.  Need to go heat up my lunch. 

Glad you liked my "Boss".  He is a real sweetie --- I never even thought of having a Pom but his owner passed away and the daughter did not know what to do with Boss and was considering putting him to sleep....horrors.  My friend and the mans' niece, Gloria brought Boss home but he did not get along with Lucy so Gloria asked if I would help her find a home.....well, hey -- one look  into those expressive eyes and I was sinking immediately.  Only way to stop myself was take him home. 

See you all soon.

Hugs, Jackie

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Kathleen,  I know what you mean about the simple life, it seemed for 30 years it was constant on the go, work all the time, get kids here, take kids there.  Now with the kids grown and being retired and living in the country we truly have the simple life.  You said you were a vegetarian, do you eat cheese, eggs, cottage cheese stuff like that??  Do you mostly eat fresh uncooked veges?  DH and I tried to be vegetarians and it lasted 2 weeks we both got to craving a huge bbq sandwich.  We ate lots of peaches and cottage cheese.  LOL, we didn't really know how to do it. 

I wrote on the older christian womans site about my dr. appt today which was awful so I won't go into it here.

View Image

looks pretty good

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2010
    Options

Spar - actually I was thinking of life in the 50s as a kid.  No life with work and kids!  I have always been astounded how women with children work.  Eventually I would like to be vegan (no animal products) but that would involve actual cooking.  So, yes, I eat eggs and milk.  As to becoming a vegetarian, you lasted longer than my uncle.  I think he lasted 3 days.

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

Stopping in to say hi and that I am thinking of you.  I hope all have a great day.  As always a busy sort of one for me, but most of the time I don't mind.  See you all later.

Hugs, Jackie

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,876
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi, Spar and other BC Oldies friends!  I found you.  I'll start reading this thread.  Love the whole concept, spiritual and actual, of being on the mountain.  Coming from flat, flat, flat south Louisiana, I love mountains.  There's something so uplifting about a vast mountain view.  I've done a little hiking on mountain trails, but only the hikes you can do in a day and return to your vehicle.  I'm not an overnighter hiker.  Hmm.  I made a rhyme! 

I think eating a vegetarian diet is probably very healthy.  Our teeth and our digestive system tell us we weren't meant to tear apart meat and digest it.  But I must admit that I love eating meat.  DH is happy with a meal of all fresh vegetables, especially fresh out of somebody's garden, but I like beef, pork, chicken, lamb.  If I thought too much about slaughtering animals, I might lose my appetite for meat, though.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi Carole, I know everyone else will be glad you are here.  I could say a lot, but the truth is.....some of the language ( with all the choices we really do have )  was bothersome and so I came here -- knowing Spar had started the mountain.....and appreciating the respite. Having said all that....I'm not a total prude, but work at keeping my language at a certain area so when I do hear too much of the other.....it starts to impinge.  As my mood is normally a decent one....I hate to let things like that  get to me.  Ok, nuf' said.  This is just a terrific place to be and now have to run as I have a ton of things to handle today.  See you later.

Hugs, Jackie

• melissa-5-19
    edited March 2010
    Options

you girls are right- I just really do not agree with the way it was handled.Forgiveness was very hard for me to learn and I got it finally- Jackie like you said there is no luck etc, it is Gods plan. So  I am choosing to lay low about it and keep all my friends it at all possible.

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2010
    Options

See the picture below ... this is where I would like to live.  I'd love to rise every morning sitting on those rocks watching the sunrise and sun set.  My home and animals are, of course, up the mountain where I live in a quaint rustic cabin.

Rocky shore, Lake Tahoe, Nevada. USA

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Kathleen, that is a wow gorgous picture, I can see the cabin and animals at the top of the mountain with stone steps leading down to the water.  the whole Church is going on a vegetarian and no animal products diet for a few days called a daniel fast you can google it and it tells you what you can eat.  And everyone getting up at the same time, studing the same bible verses etc.

Jackie so glad you stopped by and hope you come again soon and let us know how your doing.

Melissa, I would love to post some of your crewel works on the craft thread if that is ok with you.  they are gorgous.

Carol, so glad you here on the mountain, it really is a nice relaxing place to come and let your mind wonder and get away from it all.  Your state has some beautful places also.  I took my kids when they were younger on a boat trip through the swamp and watch them feed the gators and was in awe at all the spanish moss hanging from the trees, it was spooky looking but beautiful.  Everyone have a good night.

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hmmm, I could do this too.  Water is very spiritual and one of the ways to get rid of your problems and cares is to imagine you are putting them on a wave as it departs and it goes far, far away and becomes no longer troublesome.  When I lived in California, I lived a little over a mile from the ocean.  Going there was incredible.  Watching the waves come in and go out.....and the sort of salty/fishy/seaweed smells.  You could lose yourself in the rhythm.  Anything that takes you out of your own head --- will allow you to live in the very moment you are sensing and feeling -- and if you do that.....you will realize that you are not really thinking of any problem nor is anything bothering you.  You will just notice a quiet energy, peaceful joy and calm serenity.  Water in this sense will always be healing -- if you are fortunate enough to live close to some --- use it whenever you can....it will help you.  . 

Hope you all have a really beautiful evening. 

Hugs and hugs, Jackie

• melissa-5-19
    edited March 2010
    Options

HEY POST THAT ONE IF YOU LIKE AND THE OTHERS I SENT TO YOU- THEY ARE NOT COMPLETED YET BUT I WILL GET TO THEM

KATHLEEN YES I WISH I COULD STAND BY THE OCEAN ONE MORE TIME BEFORE I HEAD EAST BUT THEN I HAVE BEEN GIVEN SO MUCH ALREADY

• illinoislady
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited March 2010
    Options

Still alot of snow on top of Mount Washington New Hampshire.

• deborye
    edited March 2010
    Options

Harebells in the Alpine Garden on top of Mt. Washington.

• deborye
    edited March 2010
    Options

Dance Sneakers Moon Walk .

JO5, doing the happy dance for you.

Spar, soooo glad your leg is getting better

• melissa-5-19
    edited March 2010
    Options

The pictures are great!

Do you (or anyone) kown what that flower is?

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Deb, I would love to know what kind of flower that is also, maybe Lisa will see them and she may know.

Deb, that one picture gave me chills it looks so cold.

Jackie, I agree, I think that is why we usually try to take our vacations to the ocean.  Me and DH love walking the beaches and just sitting and watching the surf.  My son lives on an island so when we visit him we go on short cruises and you can walk to the ocean from his house.  Just love it there.

Water is peaceful, in the summer we canoe a lot and even take our little row boat to the lake.

I am going to post on the craft thread then I need to get some sleep.  Much love to you guys.

• deborye
    edited March 2010
    Options

Harebells in the Alpine Garden on top of Mt. Washington.

• melissa-5-19
    edited March 2010
    Options

you girls have a ghood night- love you ALL and wishing for a painless  and well day tomorrow. Thanks for the name of the flowers.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited March 2010
    Options

Those flowers are beautiful. I just hope there are some spring flowers around when we get to Pennsylvania in May.I would love to see a whole lot of Bluebells.

Spar I hope your leg is getting better. My knee is not so grand but will have to keep going until after out trip.

I must go and get something to eat - we had a very late lunch but I am starting to feel a bit peckish.

Alyson

• palaminoridesagain
    palaminoridesagain Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2010
    Options