Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Join us on the mountain

Options

Comments

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited April 2010
    Options

Just wanted to say I love you mountain with your peace and beauty.  Good Friday to everyone.

View Image

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Good Friday to all my BC sistas♥
  • spar2
    edited April 2010
    Options

I have had an absolutely wonderful Good Friday.  What a day of peace and blessings this day has been.

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited April 2010
    Options

Too the best sisters in this world -

may this easter fill your heart with joy and new hope

Its calm and quiet here on the mountain.  Much love and thanks to my sisters.

Spar ... so glad your Good Friday was wonderful.  And I love you too!  BTW ... love those animal pictures.  You know I am a pushover for pups.

Deborye ... such a beautiful picture.  And congratulations - 3 years!!!!

• deborye
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,542
    edited April 2010
    Options

Have a stunning day everyone.

• illinoislady
    edited April 2010
    Options

The weather has been so nice despite some rather high winds.  Still, it is hard to mind too much when its 80 degrees.  We will get rain and cooler temps soon....by Thurs. it is said.  This is a wonderful taste of the good weather.....and the trees are appreciating it all along with many of the early bushes like forsythia.  Grass will soon need mowing....I have seen many starting already.  We are rural enough that we wit a bit more for that.

Hope you are all "tasting" a bit of after the winter warmth. 

See you all later.

Hugs, Jackie

• palaminoridesagain
    palaminoridesagain Member Posts: 36
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited April 2010
    Options

Dropping by to say hi to Palomino.  You are a wonderful breath of Spring.  Here is some Spring for you:

Love you,

Jackie

• illinoislady
    edited April 2010
    Options

Dear Jackie

The following is my retelling of a very old parable...

A very devout man had the practice of praying each day, and having long conversations with God. Longing to meet God in person, one day he invited God to join him for a meal. To the man's great surprise, God accepted, and an appointment time was set.

The man shopped for the very finest foods and prepared them with a skilled and patient hand. Then he washed himself, put on his finest clothes, and sat in his comfortable chair waiting for God.

At exactly the appointed time, there was a thump at the door. When the man opened the door, a black dog raced past him, leapt onto the table, and began devouring the food the man had so carefully prepared for God. Enraged that the dog was spoiling his dinner with God, the man grabbed a stick and began beating the dog. The dog howled at the blows, then ran out the door whimpering.

The man did his best to repair the table and the fine food. He waited for the rest of the day, but there was no knock on the door. Finally the man gave up waiting. He was certain that God had not come because the dinner had been spoiled by the dog.

The man prayed to God, "I am so sorry the dinner was ruined by that wretched dog. Please, please come to dine with me tomorrow. I will prepare all new and wonderful food." The image of God appeared before the man. Cuts and bruises were on God's head and side. "I came to your house today at the appointed time. I was very hungry, so I came in the form of a dog in order to best enjoy your fine food, but you beat me and chased me away."

Moral: God lives in the least of us.

Not sure this is going to come through good.  I have not tried to copy and paste from this newsletter before and sometimes it is a disaster.....lots of funny marks and pictures that have red x's on them.  Hoping it is not the case here....but I thought this was so great to read.

Hugs, Jackie

• spar2
    edited April 2010
    Options

Jackie, loved the story.  Love the beautiful pictures.  I love all you wonderful women.

• deborye
    edited April 2010
    Options
     Hugs And Kisses 

• illinoislady
    edited April 2010
    Options

Just popping in to say hi and brought some little friends with me.  Hope you all had a marvelous day. 

Hugs, Jackie

• spar2
    edited April 2010
    Options

Jackie, love your little friends that popped in with you, I just bet they multiply pretty fast.

View Image

• deborye
    edited April 2010
    Options

As of April 5th, ppl still skiing on Mt. Washington, NH.  This is Tuckerman's Ravine.

• deborye
    edited April 2010
    Options

Weetamoo Falls in the Great Gulf Trail going up Mount Washington NH. July 2009.

• deborye
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • hollyann
    hollyann Member Posts: 279
    edited June 2010
    Options

has anyone seen SPAR???????.....I see she has not been on the site since April 10th and that was her last log in....I am missing my friend........

• deborye
    edited June 2010
    Options

FB is keeping her very busy.

• Mary-Lou
    Mary-Lou Member Posts: 630
    edited August 2010
    Options

I think most of us have been on facebook....LOL

• deborye
    edited August 2010
    Options

Guilty as charged.

• deborye
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • deborye
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • spar2
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hello mountain, I have missed you  and using my imagination to travel all over you.  Hope to feel better and have more energy soon to get back to you.  Love the pictures Deb.  and HELLO HELLO. LOL

• deborye
    edited November 2010
    Options

Would you believe DD and I climbed that Sept. 12th?  I still can't believe I made it to the top.

• deborye
    edited November 2010
    Options

There was not any snow then but a few weeks later it snowed up there.

• deborye
    edited November 2010
    Options

6,288 ft high

• 2hands4me
    2hands4me Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2010
    Options

I, too, miss the activity and pictures here! Still not convinced that I need Facebook!

Where is this mountain, Deb? Am I just not making 2+2=4 ???

Hope you are making progress Spar! I miss your posts!

• deborye
    edited November 2010
    Options

New Hampshire

www.mountwashington.org

• 2hands4me
    2hands4me Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2013
    Options

Thank-you Deb! The pictures from there are wonderful! I printed one many months ago and it is still on my refrigerator!