Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Exchange City

Options

Comments

• soccermom96
    soccermom96 Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2009
    Options

Daisy---Good for you.  You deserve a PS who is nice to you.  After what you have been through, you don't need a dictator! 

PinkyLee---Congratulations on having more patience that I would.  I think I would have pulled up my shirt and flashed my square foobs at the silly security people.  They are trying to do their job, I know, but have a little sensitivity!!!  

• PinkyLee
    PinkyLee Member Posts: 427
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thanks, but I don't think I was very patient or nice to those people.  By the end after having seached my luggage and taken all of my skin creams, I was wheel away while bitching and complaining to anyone who would listen at that point.

Today I have coughing all day.  I so hope I am not catching anything because tomorrow is my preop workup at the doctors.  As the day grows near, I get more anxious and excited at the same time. 

My SO hates things out of order, and I am at one of those pull it out and look at it modes.

I hope I calm down soon.

• Cathee
    Cathee Member Posts: 62
    edited February 2009
    Options

Diana...I will light candles for you tonight.

Southport...Don't worry about your exchange tomorrow.  It was amazing!!!  I just got back from mine and on the way home from the hospital we stopped and had dinner. I was starving.  I hadn't eaten for almost 20 hours.  No pain meds needed!!!  I got IV antibiotics at the time of surgery and he had me stay another 4 hours and gave me another round of IV antibiotics.

I can now be labeled COMPLETED.

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited February 2009
    Options

wooohooo Cathee Glad to hear things went so well : - )

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited February 2009
    Options

Cathee, we have waited for your good news...  We look forward to your progress!

Southport... this is the news you needed.. you will look great!

Diana has a prayer thread if anyone wants to join it.

• Cathee
    edited February 2009
    Options

Ladies,

It's fun to learn about some of you.  I have been married 40 years with 3 kids.  Two boys 25 & 31 and a daughter 28 who will be having my grandson April 10th.  I met my solemate when I was 5.  Of course at that time I thought boys were "icky"  but he was a good friend. We raised quarter horses as the kids grew up and now we do dog sports with our standard poodles.  In fact, we had 17 puppies right when I had my surgery. My poor hubby was hard at work taking care of me and all the pups.  He's a great guy.

Hugs to all

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Did you marry at 5 also Cathee?

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    edited February 2009
    Options

Oh Laura, you are the little Dickens!  And that avatar - I just smile every time I see it because you look so impishly at the camera!  It makes the question to Cathee every more hilarious!

Cathee:  Those of us who are "Ladies In Waiting" for our own exchanges are truly encouraged to hear from you tonight!!!  Hooray!  How do they look/feel?  Any different, or are you bound up like a little mummy?

• Cathee
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hehe. It did sound like that!  No. I moved at age 14 and didn't see him again until I was 17.  He came home from Viet Nam and, again, sounding sappy our mothers got us together.  We married 8 months later.

• Cathee
    edited February 2009
    Options

Whippetmom,

Yep, I am all bundled up.  But I can cross my arms somewhat.  Before I couldn't even cross my arms to wash under each of them. I had to do the monkey arm curl with a bar of soap!!!  Sorry might be to much info for some.

• lisasayers
    lisasayers Member Posts: 144
    edited February 2009
    Options

Cathee....great to hear is was smooth sailing for you!  Congrats girlfriend!

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited February 2009
    Options

wow Cathee at 1st I thought that had to be a typo...

Just thought I would share some info with the new gals about myself.

Jan 7 2008 I had my 1st mamo since I had turned 40 and was shocked to find out I had about 7 clusters of DCIS.  I didn't find out I had cancer till Jan 30th when I was sitting in my son's classroom for parents day.  I had my mastectomy of my right breast Feb 27 2008.  Which during my surgery they found IDC but my onco type test came back about 7 weeks later and found out my only treatment would be tamoxifin.  I had my 1st exchange Oct 1st just 3 days after doing a 36 hour adventure race (so it is possible to get active with these rocks in).  Dec 11th I had my lift and small expandable implant on my healthy breast and also a new implant on my cancer side since my saline one that was put in was real hard and not wide enough.  I think it was hard due to being filled to the max.  I have 2 great kids, Kelsey who's 15 and very busy right now with cheer leading and dance (the girls won the district game again tonight woohooo : ) ) Jared is 11 and always on the go.  He plays basketball in a youth group and really enjoys that.  I still enjoy tucking him in every night.  My kids are my pride and joy.

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

You know what Deb... I ( NOT MY FAULT) take good pictures...LOL... so Ihave been told... But in real life.. I have ALSO been told..." Oh, you don't look anything like your picture"... so... do not go by my pics... I had that one taken last night when I got my new wig...

anywhooo.... I am so happy Cathee is feeling so well.... And Ilove Lisa's bald head... I was NOT that cute with a bald head...:)

I have read A LOT tonight on what dear DianaT will be going through with Gamma Knife soon. It looks like a really great prcedure to have. It look like it will prevent her from having surgery and being cut one. THANK GOD! NOT that is makes it easier on her.. but at least I saw she will not be cut on... God love her.....

Ladies.... I am doing Taxes tomorrow.. corporate and home.. so I will not be happy...:)... and will check in  then...

Love to you!

Laura

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

It is so hard to see us share how we found out... about our cancer that is...

Sandy.. I remember you telling your's awhile back.. thinking... here you were at your kids school... and after the call... you went right back to being MOM. I was SO moved by that.

As we all do.... Moms... wives.... sisters....friends...

Here is to us!

• YvonneB
    YvonneB Member Posts: 149
    edited February 2009
    Options

Cathee - Congrats on your exchange!  You are all real inspiration to all of us waiting for the big day. And...what a wonderful love story.  It sounds like many of us have been with the same wonderful guys since we were very young.  I met my dh when I was 15 and he was 17 and here we are almost 34 years later!  Thank God for the support of a great husband!!!!! I have two married sons, 28 & 23 and a 3 year old granddaughter. (Two great daugthers-in-law too)  Two more babies on the way this year so I don't have time for this cancer stuff!  I have a lot of Grandma'ing to do!

Sandy - I give you a ton of credit for going through all that with young children at home.  Most days I barely felt like looking after myself, never mind children. 

Laura - Love your avatar.  Are you sure you are telling us your real age????  LOL!!! Love the new locks!  My heart hurts for you knowing the pain you must be in for your friend Diane. Keeping you both in my prayers.

Southport - Good luck tomorrow...wishing you a successful change over!

I spent with morning with my Mom at the cancer clinic and she was given a good report.  Has to stay of her estrogen blocking drug for 5 years but the onc says she is doing fine.  She wishes she wasn't: gaining weight, losing hair, having hot flashes and having achy bones.  I found out that I will be seeing the same onc as she does so we can bond over our onc appointments!  Yikes...never thought I would see the day I would be sharing this experience with my mother!

• lisasayers
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura I have a hard time believing you don't look as cute in real life as you do in your photo!!!!! 

I told my daughter I'm going to keep my head bald...but she said no, that is her thing!  She is 18 and has alopecia...she has no hair!  I think we are going to have a portrait taken of the two of us...we look like sisters!

Okay...good luck with taxes.  I just did my home/business taxes last week.  Glad that is over!

Off to bed ladies...or should I say off to the land of night sweats!

• smmr
    smmr Member Posts: 34
    edited February 2009
    Options

Wow, what a day of emotions!!  I just came home from my second to last fill all excited to let you ladies know that I have my exchange date set for April 15th.  Then I read all the posts here and decided I'd gladly keep these rocks in much longer if it meant Diana didn't have to go through more cancer treatment crap!!  Not fair!!  My prayers go out to her and her family.

I have to respond to the question if everyone here was a cancer survivor.... I think I already posted this on the "continued expander pain" thread, but I actually had a double mastectomy due to severe fibrocystic breasts.  I was absolutely filled with cysts, continually in pain and having mammograms, ultrasounds, etc every six months.  I was so scared that a totally innocent cyst might be hiding a not so innocent cyst someday so I decided to start from scratch with fake ones!!  I appreciate you letting me be part of your group.  I know I can't relate to everything you're going through, but a lot of it I can.  Also, one of my very dear friends is going through breast cancer treatments right now, so this helps give me insight to what she is going through.  She is done with chemo and starts radiation next Wednesday.

By the way during my exchange I'll be having silicone implants - one size will be 450 cc and the other 500cc!!  I started out a little lopsided!!  I believe they are Mentor and will be either moderate or high profile.  I need to do more research on that. 

I'm going to sign this "Sue from Iowa" since there are a couple of us Sue's on here now!!  Take care everyone!

• Mykidsmom
    Mykidsmom Member Posts: 448
    edited February 2009
    Options

Pinkylee - Take those Vita C's my dear. No getting sick now.

Cathee - Congratulations. It is behind you! Have you actually seen them yet? I bet you can't wait!

Southport - We are there w/ you tomorrow. Best wishes!!

Diane - We are there for you. As Laura said, tell us when your gamma knife procedure is scheduled for. There will be all kinds of healing vibes coming your way my dear! 

Sue from Iowa - I have to tell you that I too feel honored to count all these ladies as my friends. And their continuing courage daunts me daily! My BM was due to LCIS, a very early stage of risk, nothing like so many of you are dealing with. You all are great!

My dh and I have been married for 29 years ourselves, with three children. We have boy/girl twins that are 24 (adopted) and another son who is 21. Our daughter has some special needs, but she is doing relatively well these days. My dh and I have shared many a great year and some very difficult times together, and he has always been there for me. He has been my rock!

Ah well, a number of updates are due for this page. Take care ladies. - Jean

• lisasayers
    edited February 2009
    Options

Ladies...I know I'm new around here, but I was wondering if you could pray for my husband's family.  My sister-in-law Carol lost her two year battle with ovarian cancer last night.  She was only 54 and was trying to hang on long enough to see her only daughter get married in May. 

Thanks

Lisa

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Lisa.... I WILL... 54 WAY to young. I am so sorry... Tell your dh I will pray for her and her family. I know that my cancer dx was so hard on my brother.. ( 6 years younger than I).. he was so great to me.. as was his family. When my pathology came back.. cancer free.. all he wanted to do was have this big party for me. I think he just wanted me all fixed.. I pray for your dh's heart.

I also noticed you daughter has alopecia... THAT is also a hard issue. I have seen quite a few people with that disease in my business.. or they have partial alopecia. Is that inherited? God Bless her.... I bet you two do look like sisters... you look really young yourself.. all that exercise!

• Mykidsmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

Lisa - I am so sorry about your sister-in-law, I will be thinking of her and sending her family my love today. Take care. - Jean

• NVDiane
    NVDiane Member Posts: 151
    edited February 2009
    Options

Cathee: congrats! I'm so glad everything went so well for you! That gives me confidence for my turn next week. Southport, I wish for an equally successful transformation for you today. I had my preop appointments yesterday, all went well, and I'm ready for next week!

Since we are all sharing, I'm 54 and have been married for 24 wonderful years--25 this November. Unlike some of you, I didn't meet my soulmate until I was 30, but he was worth waiting for. We don't have any children, so we just look after each other.

I will be praying for Diana T and her family.

Diane

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

SouthPort! GOOD LUCK! We are here when you get back!!!

Cathee, are you feeling well today too?

• playmysti
    playmysti Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2009
    Options

Cathee.  Congrats on your exchange...lucky gal mine is coming up April 3

Looper:  I had initial breast with cancer removed in June...then went thru Chemo...then had exchangers put in December and other breast removed (by my decision), then saline injections and now April 3 will have the exchange.  I'm wondering why these are so sore at night but not during the day.  Weird.

• playmysti
    playmysti Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura.  So sorry about Diane.  It is a worry for all of us.  What is a brain met?  How long have you had your expanders in and how big?  Mine are so sore and they want me to wait another month to have the exchange so my skin relaxes more.  Ouch!                                                                      

Sandy:  How do you know if you need a high profile vs a low profile? ha.

Jean.  Thank you 

Curious:  Anybody in here from Minnesota?

• Jeansbeans
    Jeansbeans Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi ALL, I am visiting Grandchildren in NC.  I thought I would check in. I have been 3 weeks post exchange and am wondering if everyone else can feel their implants?  I guess I was expecting too much!  I thought  I would be NORMAL again, but I guess you will always feel them? I still have tightness, like something is wrapped tightly aroung my chest, anyone else experience this?  Thanks, and Good Luck to all the ladies who are soon to have their exchange.  When did you shop for a new bra?  I thought I'd wait until my NIPS were done.  Gentle Hugs to all.  Jeanie

• Mykidsmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

Jeanie - Sounds like you are having a great time w/ your grand kids. I am SO SORRY that you can still feel your implants. I too am hoping for feeling normal instead of that continued tightness. Perhaps it will ease over time.

Mary - Have you been doing stretching exercises? I find I am tight as anything if I even miss a day. And you are very welcome! :)

• Vinogal
    Vinogal Member Posts: 114
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hey exchangees........had a rough night last night......I couldn't stop thinking about and praying for DianaT......as a mom to young ones myself.........I had a hard time getting Diana out of my mind.......I am sure that everything will work out for you Diana.....just another bump in the road.....I will be praying for you and yours.

Since we are sharing........I am 37.......met my husband 14 years ago.....married for 10.......I have an almost 9 year old  son......heavily into hockey and soccer......and a beautiful 7 year old daughter who is heavily into dance and figure skating........I feel like I  just want to get past this exchange part.....the kids get worried when mommy is sitting around so much......not like me at all.......and all the doctors appointments.......they just want me better......I get to see PS.....I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will remove my drain.....and atleast schedule the surgery to replace the expander.

Cathee......great news being done.........Laura good luck with the taxes.......eveyone else......stay strong and thanks for sharing........I look forward to reading post from you all!

Cheers

Jax

• Cathee
    edited February 2009
    Options

Good Morning ladies,

I feel great this morning!  I almost felt like I could sleep on my side.  But the PS said to stay propped up on my back. 

Playmysti..I found that if I layed flat on my back at night I woke up with some pain.  It was better if I was a little propped up or put pillows under my shoulders and back and slept slightly tilted on my side.  Hope that makes sense.

If I can figure it out I will posts pics of the before and after.

• traceyz
    traceyz Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi everyone!!

I got my exchange date. It will be 3/31. YAYYYY I am getting silicone implants...nice and soft! Hope everyone is doin great!!!!