Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Exchange City

Options

Comments

• Vinogal
    Vinogal Member Posts: 114
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura......not sue how I got the infection......seemed like it was more of a seroma........with complications.........figure it started a couple of weeks after placement........but didn't really realize a problem for a couple of weeks after that.........then we spent almost a month trying to treat it with drainage and antibiotics........in hind site.......I wish I would have had it removed a lot sooner.......but we tried.......I am definately taking it easier this time around........and drainage is very low.......so I guess it is important to take things slow initially.

Cheers

Jax

• ilovemykids
    ilovemykids Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2009
    Options

Dear whippet mom and Sandy,

Oh thank you.  Would you agree that to get close to what I have now, I would need Mentor HP 550's.  I think that looks close.

Thanks Elizabeth

• ilovemykids
    ilovemykids Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi Ladies,

I am so happy that I found you.  I think that I will be visiting here quite a bit so I thought I should tell you a little bit about myself.  I am 43 years old, married to a wonderful man for almost 18 years.  We have three great kids, 16,14,11,,,two boys and a little girl.  I work as a labor and delivery nurse.  My life is always busy either with the kids, work, or with my dog.

Of course the diagnosis turned my life inside out, but things are getting better now especially since the chemo is under the bridge hopefully never to return!

I go back to work today for the first time...yikes.  For the most part I work with nice people, but there are few catty ones too.  I am a bit scared of the reaction that I will get especially with the wig.  I will let you know.  I plan on keeping my head held high, and keeping a big smile on my face.

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thanks for the intro Elizabeth... a few of us start back to work soon. I have been off since July 08. I start back this Thursday...eeekkkk it is going to be odd and tiring I am sure.

I am 41  married for 22 yrs to my hottie...... have two sons... 21 and 18 and  1 daughter-in-law.. and 2 grandchildren.. ( yes you read that right...lol)... the married "kids" just live about 20min away on some land... ( son LOVES his horses)... and the 18 yr old is a senior.. as a matter of fact.. today I take him for his senior pictures... his plans are college to be a teacher ( like his Sister-in-law)... so we will have two teacher at least in our family...:)

Anywhooo... I am starting rads soon.. ( Simulation was not big deal.. and they did not fight me at all when I told them NO TATTOO'S).. and will have to now wait on my exchange till Sept or Oct..

Yell this does not make me too happy... I agree with Mary.. these Basketballs will be with me tooooooo long...

Mary... yes... all of us that are on this list are cancer SURVIVORS !!!

Jax.. thanks for the fill in.... I am really sorry for you... that had to be very disappointing!

God Speed....

Love all...

Laura

• Mykidsmom
    Mykidsmom Member Posts: 448
    edited February 2009
    Options

Elizabeth -- Hold your head very high my dear! We are all there w/ you!

Mary - I don't know what kind, shape or size I am getting either. I am scheduled the week after you. All I know is that I want to be a B cup size or possibly a bit larger.

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Don't let Jean kid you newest ladies.. she really wants to be a C CUP!!!!!!! Laughing

Love ya Jean.......

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Praying for Cathee today....... I know you are doing great !!!!!!!
  • Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Ok.... last post for awhile.. I promise...lol]

I just wanted to point out that Annie will be having her lung scan this Thursday... I think around 10am.... please join me in lifting her up in prayer ( if it is your thing)... Just like Diana... these darn scan are just soooooooooooooooooooo FREAKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie... you are in my prayers friend!

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    edited February 2009
    Options

Yes Laura, Jean has to take care, b/c if you stay on this thread long enough, you develop boob greed!Laughing  Laura:  So what happened during your rads simulation consult today?

And YES, I will hold up Annie in prayer!!  And prayers for Cathee...a smooth surgery today...

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi Ladies... real quick before I have to leave... Deborah asked to to put a current picture of me up...LOL... she said the other one was like looking at a 20"s something...LOL LOL... I was 38 in the old picture.... here is one I had of my and dh... We were 39. :)

The reason I stopped posting the ones of me in the "brown" wigs... :)... is I stopped wearing those last summer and fall... I now wear blondish ones.. I need to update my blog photos.. :)...

I am REALLY dark naturally Deb... and I do highlight.. I will probably keep it up. I am not gray and if I let all my natural dark hair show... people think I color..LOL

Also... I want my avatar to show the "me" that is coming BACK!! NO MORE CHEMO... NO MORE BALD.... NO MORE ILLNESS.. It is nice to see a pic of me on here.. that I will be again... soon....:)

So.. here is a new photo.. I am about a year older here than the last one...:)... about 6 months pre-cancer....

Love you gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

oopppsss dh and I might have been 40 there.... hard to tell...LOL..

• whippetmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura:  Oops....just read your post above re: rads.  Just give us the date you start rads when you have it...

Elizabeth: I don't know...you're PS might feel that you cannot meet that degree of projection [from where you are now in your expanders] unless he has more pocket space to allow for this.  You will have to ask him.  You can see where the HP 500 would give you a little more pocket space at the base width to perhaps allow for a little more projection.  Projection is so tricky.  Take these numbers, like many of us did, to our PS to discuss what would work best. But as Sandy said in another thread, something like this, and I am ad-libbing: "if you can get at least 5 cm you will be happy with the result.

• whippetmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura:  38 in that previous avatar?  NO WAY!! Holy mackerel!  I thought you were using your wedding photo!  LOL!  I thought you got married in a lavendar dress [well lavendar is how it came out on my monitor]  I love your new avatar!  Yes, I too am staying rather blonde.  My gray is coming in bizarre - like Cruella D'Ville - not beautiful like my mother's.  Oh well.

But these avatars - so TEENSY-WEENSY....you practically need a magnifying glass to see what anyone really looks like...and I don't have a magnifying glass in the house...gotta get one just for this forum!  LOL!

• whippetmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

That would be "lavender"....and I am a landscaper...Sheesh

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited February 2009
    Options

wow and I thought there wasn't much action I didn't see page 10 at 1st...

Laura and all gals know I'm thinking about you today

I'm happy it's 42 and feels like a heat wave.  I hope to get out after work.  This Sat is the 6 hour orienteering snowgaines race.  I haven't been out much so I hope I survive.  I'm hoping to get out after work to stretch my legs to help prepare.

Mary I would ask your PS which style it make a big differanc on projection.

I lovemykids ask your PS to take 3 sizes in and use what fits best, thanks for sharing about yourself.  I'm sure everything well go well today.  Just keep that atitude and keep your chin up like you said : - )

Almost forgot Laura I love your new pix

heck I love all of you gals : - )

I almost got it all read GTG back to work : (

but happy to say I love what I do : )

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Ladies: I decided to put EXACTLY how I look now, in my wig. I HAVE CANCER , I AM FIGHTING CANCER, and I suppose I need to face my real "face" as it is RIGHT NOW.

With Tears flowing: I cannot type much.

Please.. Linda or anyone who can start a prayer vigil, as I am too emotional right now...

Diana: Her scans came back. She has a brain met. She will start brain rads ( gamma knife) and Chemo again.  I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST TYPED THAT>> I AM SO MAD>

I cannot type more now. Please.. Linda or someone.. start a thread on the prayer forum for our girl.

She is 31, lives in Texas.. is married to the love of her life, and she has 4 children 2-12.

• Annabella58
    Annabella58 Member Posts: 916
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi everyone, wow, I've missed alot of posts!!! Laura, love that new wig, how cute you look, and Lisa, you look beautiful!!!!!!!!!!  Zumba must do you good!

I am not sure who posted that they are getting their exchange on 2/18, but it's my dd's bd, so therefore a lucky date!

Good luck and prayer to all who are having surgeries.  May you heal well and quickly, with beautiful results.

Please pray for me darlings on the 19th for my lung scan........that these are just stupid benign growths. 

love you all, everyone seems to be doing great!!  Hang in there exchange dollies, your boobs will be great looking and even come to feel like your "own" in time. (Mine took 4 months).

xo

annie

• FACECRAFTER
    FACECRAFTER Member Posts: 433
    edited February 2009
    Options

Oh no!  We'll all pray for her!

JUDY

• Annabella58
    edited February 2009
    Options

Good god, Laura, 40?  You don't look even 33. 

• Annabella58
    edited February 2009
    Options

OH my god, Laura, I just read about Diane.  I will pray immediately. 

• fairy49
    fairy49 Member Posts: 536
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura, you look fabulous! dear Lord, poor Diana, I will pray for her, there are no words to say right now...

Lorraine ox

• amudell
    amudell Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2009
    Options

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. WHEN I FEEL LIKE THERE IS NO WAY TO GET THROUGH SOMETHINGS, I CAN COME HERE AND I FEEL LIKE IT WILL GET BETTER. TO ALL OF YOU YOU HAVE MY PRAYERS ALL THE TIME

• amudell
    amudell Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2009
    Options

I AM PRAYING RIGHT NOW AND I WILL LIGHT A CANDLE FOR DIANA. PLEASE LET THERE BE HOPE

• Mykidsmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura - I am so so so very very very sorry about Diane. I don't even know her, but I have tears in my eyes as I write this. Please give her a hug and a special smile from me. I don't know what to say except that I care. - Jean

• Mykidsmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

And a special cyber hug goes to Annie as well. We will be there w/ her on Thursday!

• whippetmom
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Linda and Annie both have threads up for Diana.....in the Prayers forum....
  • rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited February 2009
    Options

so sorry to hear the news about Diane...

There is a gal in the breast cancer group I belong to that had brain rads and happy to say is doing well.  I hope the same thing happens for Diane.  If it would help I could try to get ahold of this gal and see if she would be willing to talk to Diane.  I will try and PM Diane later sorry have to try and head outside for a while...

Many hugs and prayers going out to so many gals...

• looper
    looper Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi Mary~~I'm pretty new to the group also, and have already learned so much!  I do believe the members are all breast cancer survivors, although we get a post from an enlightened husband now and then!  I had DCIS, left side mastectomy with tissue expander on Sept. 15, skin repair surgery on Oct. 1, silicone implant on Feb. 9.  I see your surgery was in Oct. and your recon in April--that seems like a long time, but is that because you had rad or chemo?  I was lucky enough to not need either. 

Many of the ladies here have done lots of research and know alll the stats regarding their implants--I didn't, but now wonder if I should have.  I have silicone because my PS recommended it for me.

Suzie

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thank you ladies.. THANK you for starting the thread on the prayer forum Linda and Annie.

I am sorry about earlier.. I am still very mad. I have been diligently praying for her since she called me.. and I need to make my peace with the Lord over this.. so I just pray for her... I will deal with my anger later.

Her name is DianaT from our boards here. I met her hear and we have gotten very close. Our families are to meet this May.. We are going to Texas for a wedding.. and they live there.

I am going to try to keep the prayer thread going... I have not looked at it yet.. I just saw there were two... Thank you ladies... any of you who have seen it, please jump over there and give her your support.( I am sure you have) She has been on BCO for about a year now I think...You will most likely recognize her when you see her picture. She and I have the same cancer dx. God Bless her and she is beautiful. Just like all the ladies with mets here... now, it is very close to my heart. Thank you for starting the threads for me Linda and Annie... I just could not do it.

Love,.. you all are so close to my heart... I HATE CANCER!..

Laura

• lisasayers
    lisasayers Member Posts: 144
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura I'm so sorry to hear about Diana...lifting her and her family in prayer!

Annie...keeping you in prayer as well!