Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Exchange City

Options

Comments

• Mykidsmom
    Mykidsmom Member Posts: 448
    edited February 2009
    Options

PinkyLee - Oh my goodness, I would have been mortified and furious if that happened to me at the airport. I am so sorry that you went through all that!

Deborah - Thanks for all the research. Sounds like I would like projection, if possible. If you just email me the new dates and screen names I can add them, that would probably be the easiest.

Cathee and Southport- Do you know what types and size implants you are getting? Did I already ask you these questions? If so, sorry.

Take care. - Jean

• PinkyLee
    PinkyLee Member Posts: 427
    edited February 2009
    Options

Yes I was mortified and furious.  I couldn't believe that the morons couldn't understand that I had metal ports in my chest.  They acted like I had a bomb or something.  On the page that list our surgeries, please add exchange along with the silicone implants.  Thanks.  Also, thanks for creating this page for all of us who are at this stage of reconstruction.  It really helps to read what others are experiencing and experiencing at the same time.

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited February 2009
    Options

You gals are going to do great! I Cannot wait till we hear back from you... remember.. it take a while to drop and fluff... or something like that...

Deborah... thank you for that kindness~

PinkyLee... Not funny...  but they way you told it made me giggle....

• Cathee
    Cathee Member Posts: 62
    edited February 2009
    Options

Jean,

I am having 800cc Natrelle Silicone filled Moderate Profile. 

• Mykidsmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

List updated on the top, soon I will be adding COMPLETED to your names as well. Take care and best wishes! We will be thinking of you.

And Laura, we will be thinking of you tomorrow as well. I hope you get over that cold! Maybe you caught it from Sandy. Tongue out

• PattyS
    PattyS Member Posts: 194
    edited February 2009
    Options

Jean,

Having exchange surgery February 26th. Silicone with I think 650 cc. They are putting in an implant made by Allergan Inamed Corp. style 410 silicone-filled. I will be paid once a year after my yearly exams for this implants study. Has anyone else decided on this implant? My PS didn't even ask if I wanted to be in this study. His assistant is the one who informed me as she was giving me my surgery date and instructions or the day of surgery. It was like oh sign here and by the way you will get paid yearly for having this implant. It was as if this is the only implant he uses. So if anyone has any info I would like to hear from you.

Patty

• psalmist
    psalmist Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2009
    Options

hey, everyone -

Wow, I go to Tucson for a weekend and come back to an overflowing board filled with information!  The number of posts is incredible.  Thanks for adding me to the list of surgeries. 

For those of you choosing implants, my PS initially thought he would use moderate profile (silicone) on me, but his assistant suggested high profile since I have a narrow chest and will have to fill in the dents caused by my expanders.  She said most women are unhappy with the low projection resulting from moderate or low profile implants, and my PS agreed to order them for me.  He seems to respect her input, as she gets close to the patients and really knows us by the time this process is finished.   If your PS's assistant is an informed, involved person in his office, he or she can be a great source of additional information.  

By the way, the high profile will be 1 cm. narrower (almost 1/2") on each side than my current expander but I will stick out further.  It might be a good idea to use your expanded TE as a point of comparison when choosing the size and style of final implant.  The space b/w my foobs will increase by almost an inch,  but my PS is going to bring them in slightly, making the implant further in on the sides.  I think I am going to use a washable marker to outline where I might be after my exchange to make sure I like that whole idea.

So much to consider...   

• NVDiane
    NVDiane Member Posts: 151
    edited February 2009
    Options

Cathee and Southport, I'll be thinking of you,and praying for you, tomorrow and Wednesday.  I hope you get soft, wonderful new girls!  No more iron bras!

I go for my preop appointments tomorrow. One week until I get my new girl...

PinkyLee, it's hard to believe how stupid some people can be, isn't it?! If that had happened to me in December when I flew to Florida, I was so emotionally fragile then, you all would have seen the headline, "Crazy Woman arrested in airport for tearing off her "Breast Cancer Sucks!" T-shirt (yes, I have one!) and throwing it at security personnel!"

Why do people have to make this harder for us? It's hard enough already! Grrrrr.....

Love to all,

Diane

• YvonneB
    YvonneB Member Posts: 149
    edited February 2009
    Options

Good luck Cathee and Southport!   A week will go quickly Dianne and Patty and then we'll be cheering you on! 

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow Laura. Seems to be the season for colds, my family has been plagued too. 

I can't wait for my exchange date.  I am in a holding pattern until my incision heals (again).  I see my PS on Wed. and am really going to try to find out why it isn't healed properly after more than 8 weeks.  I am almost scared to find out why though....

• Vinogal
    Vinogal Member Posts: 114
    edited February 2009
    Options

Good luck to all with their exchanges coming up.......I am recovering from emergency expander removal surgery......tired of sitting around......but I think things look pretty good......well, very deformed.......but no redness or swelling so I will keep my fingers crossed that I can get a new expander placed soon....PS said that I won't have lost my stretch yet......and she will fill me to 170 to match the other side.......gotta look for the bright side......

Cheers to all.....ahve a good week!

Jax

i

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

I am glad you are healing Jax. Did they say WHY you got infected. How long after your Mast did this infection happen. I just feel so sorry... that is so not fair... a "do over" are they kidding us. I hope someday reconstruction is better and faster.. God Bless you!

Yvonne, why the slow healing?

• YvonneB
    YvonneB Member Posts: 149
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi Laura,

I sure don't know!!!  The incision opened a little over 2 weeks ago and has been draining ever since.  I don't know if it is lymph fluid or what it might be.  I'm going to try to get an answer on Wed.  The unknown is the scary part and I try not to dwell on it.  The site doesn't seem to be infected as it isn't red or warm so I think it is just draining. I'll keep you posted. 

• DianaT
    DianaT Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi everyone!  I had decided to join this thread after Laura talks about it so much and then I see all these posts praying for me and I am in tears!  Laura ~ God works wonders in our lives and I thank Him for you!  I am going to try my hardest to not harrass the doctor tomorrow for results.  I have treatment on Thursday, so I will ask then and continue to believe I am healed.

I had my exchange on 12/3 but will have revisions on 3/27.  Do I fit in here? 

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    edited February 2009
    Options

Dear Ta Ta Sisters:  I am going to help Jean with the "Exchange" calendar and so I will be sending her updates every two to three days - to make it easier on her - as she needs to go back to work.  So hang in there and we will get you posted. 

Diana:  Of course you belong here!!! We will get your exchange/revisions dates on the calendar...

Deborah

• Cathee
    edited February 2009
    Options

Diana,

Of course you belong here......We all knew of you before you even got here!!!

Welcome. girlfriend.

Hugs to all

Tomorrow is the exchange day

• Bukki
    Bukki Member Posts: 103
    edited February 2009
    Options

Good night to all you wonderful ladies....reading your posts makes me laugh as well as cry,,,,,but mostly thank my Higher Power that we have found each other.

For those who are recoving from the exchange....I hope all goes well and you are pain free .

I pray that each of you wonderful ladies does well on exchange and are satisfied with your new girls.I am getting silicone, as after talking with ps and several younger girls I work with who got augmentation for cosmetic reasons ....well just feel more natural.....or so I hope.

good night....Elaine

• Ladyredlocks
    Ladyredlocks Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2009
    Options

Just found out my exchange is scheduled for Feb 25 ... been reading your all stories of the exchange process all night... what to do... what not to do... what to wear - or not... soothing my anxious nerves...

I have 500cc expanders in; filled to 530.  I've asked for 480 to 500cc saline implants.  My PS said he takes 3 different models in surgery with him and uses what fits my body and cavity best so not sure exactly what I'll end up with...

• DianaT
    DianaT Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thank you Deborah and Cathee!  I will post tomorrow after work, I am off to bed now.

Cathee ~ my sisters in law (2 of them) live in Valencia and we used to go to Santa Clarita for events with the Army recruiting command my husband belonged too!  Very pretty part of CA.  We were from Palmdale/Lancaster which is not a part of CA people think of when they think of CA!   Good luck on your exchange tomorrow!

The exchange was a breeze compared to the mastectomy!  I just hope my revisions don't hurt!! 

• Cathee
    edited February 2009
    Options

Diana,

I am going to bed now while those encouraging  words are still fresh in my mind.

Good nite ladies,

• fairy49
    fairy49 Member Posts: 536
    edited February 2009
    Options

Diana! Welcome! Good luck with your test results, I am praying for you! :)

Jax! glad you are doing well! I am sooooo over this infection!! aaaaahh!! have the PS in the morning, will see if she thinks the antibiotics are working, to me it stills looks pink but not red anymore, who knows! I just hope I can keep my exchange date as listed above!

Lorraine ox

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    edited February 2009
    Options

Lorraine - We are hoping right along with you - I will pray tonight that your PS will deem your infection is resolving and that you can go through with the exchange.  I just cannot imagine what you women have gone through with these blips in your reconstruction process!  I am so, so sorry you have had to suffer so!!!!  My heart just goes out to all of you. 

Hugs...

Deborah

• fairy49
    fairy49 Member Posts: 536
    edited February 2009
    Options

hi Whippetmom!! Thank you so much! Its just so comforting to think that there are people out there thinking and praying for me, it makes me so much stronger! It never occurred to me for one second that I would get an infection, so this kind of smacked me in the head!

Lorraine ox

• mela4409
    mela4409 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2009
    Options

oh can i join!  i had my expanders in oct 7 and im planning to have my exchange before mid-may!  i'll let you know when i have a real date!

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited February 2009
    Options

Ok gals I've been sitting here since about 10 and making notes on what I all want to say so I don't miss to many thing.  Than I read whippetmom's comments and couldn't help but to giggle because she was helping me but I didn't know it until I got to her post and already took the time to look up the mentor expander.implant for Iluvemykids.  I will add to say that your expander/implant is almost filled to the max volume so I think that is why it is hard and the silicone implants should be softer.  As you said if you go with high profile 500cc implant that would give you 13.2 by 5.3 and right now you have 13.7 by 4.8 with your expander/expandable implant.  I have more to say but will add this for now in case ilovemykids come by...

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura it would be so much fun to do a Vegas trip.  Rick and I went about 5 years ago and had so much fun.  I had no idea there is so much more to do than just gamble.  I'm all for dancing, site seeing, drinking and laying by the pool : - )

Suzie/Looper I hope everything goes well.  I do want to share with you and anybody that gets a lift.  I was surprised about a shooting pain I got in the nipple area after the surgery but found out it's from the nerve ending healing.  I talked to other gals and found out this was normal.  I don't say this to scare you or anybody but it's good to know it may happen and is nothing to worry about.  Glad to say after a couple weeks I didn't get this weird feeling anymore. 

40something mom you made me laugh when you said they bounce.  It's great to see a little movement again : - )

Daisy I actually had both 1st saline than now I have silicone.  The 1st time I had mentor high profile saline and it was filled the the max volume.  I think that is what made it hard.  Saline may have been ok but my PS should have used a larger size.  Doing my 2nd exchange my new PS gave me silicone which are much softer than my saline implants. 

Pinkylee what happened to you at the airport is just terrible.  You should get a free plane ticket after what they put you through.  I'm serious if I were you I would call or write someone and see if you can get something out of it.  Maybe a free trip to Vegas and join some of gals and have a good time. 

Cathee I also had the oncotype test.  I had a 16 (at least that's what I think it was, I know it was one lower than the highest number in the low range) I had 2 oncologist tell me chemo wasn't necessary so I hope they both knew what they were talking about.  I do take Tamoxifen since I was ER+ & PR+

Diane, Mela and everybody welcome to our group.  One thing I can say is that BC has given me a lot of friends and that I'm grateful for

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Good Morning Ladies.. Thank you Deborah for helping Jean with this thread.. it looks like it is going to be a group of great ladies and long friendships. I see so many of us all getting together here, where we had been all spread out before...

Exchange girls... GO GET THOSE BOOBIES!!!!  I cannot wait to here from you!

Have beautiful days ladies... I am of for my simulation... ( for rads)....

Welcome to the newest gals... tell us about yourselves!

Gods Love,

Laura

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

PS:.. I new Sandy would like the pool and the drinking.....ROFLOL....

Maybe a Year from now... Like March 1stish... 2010. We ALL should be out of treatment... We can get Tracey to get us tickets...:)

• Mykidsmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura - Good luck w/ your simulation! I hope you are feeling better.

Sandy - Thanks for being there and answering all our questions!

Deborah - Thanks for the help. I added a few names this morning. I will email an update.

Take care all. - Jean

• playmysti
    playmysti Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi all.  Thanks for adding me to the group.  I had bi-lateral masectomy complete in October.  First breast left me in June and second in October.  These girlies now feel like basketballs...Filled to 550 and done counting.  Going for C implants on April 3.  Will be happy to see an end to this journey.  Are all the ladies in this forum cancer survivors?  

• playmysti
    playmysti Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2009
    Options

PS.  I don't even know the model or the brand of my implants, other than silicone....should I be concerned about that?  Help.