Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Exchange City

Options

Comments

• traceyz
    traceyz Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2009
    Options

My Ps is Dr Zwicklbauer at the Plastic Surgery Center of Hampton roads in Newport News, Va. We call him Dr Z. You can google the practice and read about him. He is AWESOME!!

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hood I'm not sure if your asking me...

who/where is your ps

PS stands for Plastic Surgeon

My 1st one was in Iowa City Iowa and has since moved to CA

the 2nd one I talked to that tried to scare me away from the lift is from Cedar Rapids Iowa

My 2nd PS that did my lift and 2nd exchange is from Dubuque Iowa, Dr. Erin Kennedy

• Vinogal
    Vinogal Member Posts: 114
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hey exchangees.....would like to join your group......hoping that a TE infection I'm dealing with clears up......so I don't have a great idea on timing yet.......but will eventually get my exchange.....glad to have a group to belong to.

Cheers

Jax

• lisasayers
    lisasayers Member Posts: 144
    edited February 2009
    Options

Tracey...when is your exchange surgery?  I'm March 20!

My PS is Dr. Isakov at Cleveland Clinic

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited February 2009
    Options

I love to see the thread Jean got going for us picking up... Welcome everyone!... This is a great place for us to visit about this... there are so many exchanges in the next 3-6 months around here. And for some... Nipples to come...

It is great to have the gals who have done this already here with us too.. they are LOADED with Info... Thanks "vets" for being here with us!

• KarenFtoo
    KarenFtoo Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi All, I am 3 weeks post op.  Just had bilateral mx on Jan 8, I am in process of getting my fills. Had my first this past Friday. I am currently at 120 ccs so this is the beginning of my journey with the whole fill process.  I am cancer free, no chemo, no radition.  I am so happy!!!

I am so thankful to have this site to come to disucss the whole process. 

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi Karen... congrats on NO chemo and rads... I did not get that lucky...:)... no rads though.

I am happy you joined us ! Keep us up on your progress!

I "thought" my last fill was last Friday.. BUT .. after seeing some family this weekend.. ( all the ladies are busty, I never was)... I think I am going to have just 1 more fill...hehe.... Boob greed I suppose... :) I am a small modest C now... I think I am going to go for the Full C... :)

• psalmist
    psalmist Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2009
    Options

Fairy, you and I have the same surgery date!  I'll be sending prayers your way as I go "under" the knife.    I'm sending prayers for Moody's little girl, too, and will visit the prayer forum.  Jean - you'll be getting out of the hospital in better weather than me!   This Big Sky winter has been long enough, don't you think???   I finally got brave and posted my 600cc finished expanders on the picture forum.  I'm "crooked" but my PS will do some pocket revision (which will make my recovery a little more difficult).  So far so good.

Halluluia!  I wake up every morning thanking God I'll soon be able to hug people again.  Soft little ta-ta's here I come.   

• lopalermo
    lopalermo Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi Everyone,

I had my PBM on Nov. 18, 2008 and have my exchange for May 14.  Topped off TE's with 500ccs and am looking at what type implants to get.  My PS wanted to wait 3 months before doing the exchange which put it in April but then my schedule and her schedule didn't line up until May.  Looks like I'll be last in line for the exchanges - maybe y'all can give me some advice on which implants to get and any other advice you may have.  What is the difference between the gummie bears and other silicone implants?

Lois 

• traceyz
    edited February 2009
    Options

Lisa,

My PS is saying either the last week of March or the first week of April. So since you will be going before me I cant wait to hear how surgery went for you and how great those gummies feel!!

Laura, LOL at the fact that you are going for 1 more fill!! I am laughing because I was just thinking tonight that I am gonna get one more fill. I thought I was done but I was looking at my chest tonight thinking just one more fill and I will be good to go!!Wink

Tracey

• traceyz
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LOL Daisy they really are steel mini monsters!!
  • Mykidsmom
    Mykidsmom Member Posts: 448
    edited February 2009
    Options

I am also going to call in for one more fill.

And I think surgery in April sounds great. At least I can sit outside while I heal!

• Baxter
    Baxter Member Posts: 91
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hey Gals!....I don't qualify for this group....but could I be considered a member in waiting?

Most of you have read that on my exchange date 12/29 they found infection and had to take the expander out so I have to wait a minimum of 3 months before I can consider having a new TE put in. I wish all had worked in December, because I just flew long the plan that was laid out for me, and the major stuff would be behind me. I really don't like having all this time now to reconsider everything.

I just hate the thoughts of going through this again now that I know how the TE feel. Maybe some of you can give me your thoughts on this .....since my surgery failed I've had some friends and family suggest that maybe this is an indication that I shouldn't try the reconstruction again.....two more surgeries...the pain .....the continued expense with the implants.

I have been torn about it. I don't like looking like this, but as you know there are no guarantees with this stuff. I'll tell you it feels so wonderful to be able to breath and sing with the expanders out. My nurse friend (Angel, and she is one too) was with me at both surgeries. She said ask yourself "without the implants would you be able to move ahead with no regrets, or would you feel like you never really healed and recovered?" Good ?

Anyway, I love hearing all the hope in your emails on this post. I am looking forward to following all the success stories. How about letting me be a cheerleader for you?! (just don't ask me to do a split!)

BTW, please keep me posted on Moody. I will keep her in my prayers as well.

Candi

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    edited February 2009
    Options

Candi:  Welcome - of course you should be here!  You pose an interesting issue and one which my doctor made me "sign away" on before my bilateral MX with reconstruction - essentially that a percentage of reconstruction attempts fail and that I might be in that small percentage.  I had lived with the knowledge I would get breast cancer some day and I have known for the past twenty five years or more that whenever I might be diagnosed, there was no option for me other than bilateral mastectomies.  There is a thread of women who rejoice in their flatness - they really do.  They feel free and happy with their choice to not have implants.  But personally, for moi, I will put up a fight to have boobies!

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura....absolutely....I am Deborah. 

I do post my name sometimes...when I remember to do so.  So everyone, even if I forget to do so, I would be happy to be called Deborah on these forums!!!

• Mykidsmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

Candi - You are most definitely a Ta Ta sister - or what ever Estepp calls us all. Anyhow, welcome. I can tell you that at 6-7 weeks post op, the TE's are not that big a deal. I am w/ your friend. If you want boobies (and most of us do), then, my dear, you should fight for them. If that means another surgery and dealing w/ TE's - then so be it. In some ways this stage can be a little "fun" (did I say that???). When do you get to chose your ultimate size and shape? Soft or hard? Ah well, of course not a choice we would all make, but so be it. I like the fact that I still look the same to the outside world and that I can wear t-shirts and t-necks. Putting up w/ the TE's seems like a small price to pay. If I were you, I would go for it again. Know that we are there for you and PLEASE stay on this thread. You are MOST welcome! - Jean

• Mykidsmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

Oh, by the way, I decided to call my PS for one more fill. She is out of town, but will return in plenty of time. The nurse thinks that one more fill can be done, but perhaps is not necessary. I need to talk to the doctor. Thanks for the input ladies! - Jean

• 40somethingMom
    40somethingMom Member Posts: 73
    edited February 2009
    Options

SmileJust got back from PS, exchange is scheduled for 2/11 Next Week! Yeah!  I'm so excited!  I am just so confused with all the cc talk, I had a thread a while back about how many cc's and realize it is so individual.  I'm 5'7" and was expanded to 400cc and he said he will probably use 450cc mentor silicone implants and later he will possibly do some fill with my own fat cells to create a more natural slope.  I guess with my thin frame that puts me at a medium C cup, I hope! Right now the expanders or should I say rocks fit into a small C bra.  I hear it takes a few months to know what they will look like, that is going to be a long few months.  the whole fluff factor.  I'll be interested in all the nip talk too... I can see the light...

Jean, where are you hiking in the pic?  just got back from the Grand Canyon and we hiked Tetons and Yellowstone after I finished Chemo

Candi, so sorry to hear about the infection, don't give up, do what you want

I hope everyone is having a great day!

• Baxter
    edited February 2009
    Options

Jean,

Thanks for the pep talk. It's refreshing to hear someone dare to put forth an opinion. I think most of us are trying to be so careful to not overly influence someone in one direction or another, but I am thankful for the straight-shooters!

It's weird you guys, I feel different every day about doing this again. This website has been helpful in so many ways and yet some days what I read scares the pants off me. And...along that line..Forgive me for being so open about this, but I don't like making love to my husband without a shirt on. These stretched out muscles make me feel so undesirable. He has been amazing to me through this whole thing, so it is my feeling, not his.

40something mom - It sounds like we are the same body type. I also hate the fact that PS's don't talk in cup sizes, as that is all we know how to measure. My first expander was filled to 460 and this was going to make me bigger than I was.I am fairly small.  I told my PS...even though my name would be good for a Las Vegas showgirl, I'm not looking for a new career just now! He promised me that my new size woudl be tastful. I trust him completely so if I try this again I'll go with what he thinks is best.

Take Care ladies,

Candi

• Mykidsmom
    edited February 2009
    Options

Patricia - I have hiked in the Tetons and in Yellowstone, beautiful country. But this is near home in the Adirondacks of New York State. I am so psyched for you - NEXT WEEK! That's so cool. And I bet you will be thrilled. I understand the confusion regarding final breast size. Seems like they are all over the chart. I agree that I ultimately have to trust my PS.

Candi - Sorry for my bluntness. I hope I didn't over step. I agree about our wonderful husbands. Mine keeps telling me that I can do what ever I am comfortable w/ - sometimes I wish he would state a preference. But then, I know he is being kind. And I can understand your concerns. There are certainly a number of women here that have had infections and the whole lot, You yourself have had to deal w/ more than any of us should have to deal w/.  Ultimately go w/ your gut my dear. Take care. - Jean

• Baxter
    edited February 2009
    Options

Jean,

My friend...I really meant it,  I loved your email. Your thoughts were such an encouragment to me today. It really helped me to hear your thoughts and I'm glad you shared them. It helps to hear thoughts in someone elses words. They help me in processing all my own thoughts and it makes me feel like I'm not alone.

Hey sister...keep it up I need you!

My husband is the same. If I am going to go through this again, I would like to know what he would like. He is so afraid that I will make my decision based on what he says and not my own. But I wouldn't be doing this just for me, it would be for him too and I don't think that is wrong. It would help me in going through all this again that it was something he really wanted too. I think he has concerns about more surgery because I was in so much pain with the TE and it bothered him. Like I said, I feel differently every day about this decision. Hopefully I will start leaning more consistently one way or the other.

Candi

• looper
    looper Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thanks, Jean--the link worked!  What an amazing group of people you all are.  I'm sure you've all talked about meeting in person one day.  I'm in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  My implant surgery is on Monday, 2/9.  My daughter Monica is coming from San Diego this Friday to spend a week with me.  I'm a little nervous, and very emotional.  I have a loving, supportive husband and family, but this site is a Godsend for talking about the nitty-gritty of the whole process.

I'll contribute as much as I can--thanks, everyone!

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Tracey, if you see this.. please check your PM. Thank you.

I am sorry I am distant right now ladies.. I hope to visit again soon.

• Jeansbeans
    Jeansbeans Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi Everyone, What a GREAT thread!  I am having exchange on Wed. Feb 4th!!  Yahoo!!  Having nips done too and tatooing will come later!  I have an AWSOME PS!!  MYKIDSMOM!  I live 2 hrs. South of Lake Placid NY. The Adirondacks are almost in my backyard.  Are you close by?  Moody. My prayers are with you and your daughter. Please keep us posted. KARENFTOO, Congrats on NO chemo or rads.  I too am one of the fortunate ones, My prayers go out to all my tata sisters.CANDI, I am sorry for what you are going through, tough it out, the months fly by and before you know it you will be having your exchange too!  I will let evryone know how the new girls feel!!  Can't wait!  Gentle hugs, Jeanie

• traceyz
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura im gonna PM you my ph#. I just left you a message

• soccermom96
    soccermom96 Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2009
    Options

Baxter---I'm with you!  I'm not reconstructing FOR my DH, but an opinion sure would be helpful.  I think I lose perspective on how I really look(which is mostly square and weird) and to have someone else weigh in could help make decisions.    As for going through the process again....pros and cons to all of it.  You decided on recon once...don't let people who don't know what it's like to have a mastectomy tell you "what is" and what "is not" meant to be.  A mile in our shoes....you know?  Whatever you decide, there are great sisters here for you!!!! 

• Annabella58
    Annabella58 Member Posts: 916
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi ladies, I got invited over here and hope I can be of service and or support, as i had my exchange in October and the girl has settled in very nicely. 

Laura, are you alright?

Hi there pretty little Tracey!

xoxo

• Annabella58
    Annabella58 Member Posts: 916
    edited February 2009
    Options

If it helps anybody in "sizing", I have mentor 600s and it made me a full C with a lat flap?  (vs. my 53 years old original saggy aggy on the othe side)

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi girls just got back from a night of phase 10 & celebrated my father-in-laws B-Day going to try and get caught up on all the threads but have to tuck my little boy in and hope to get back on if Kelsey isn't using the computer

Laura I sure hope everything is fine...

• looper
    looper Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2009
    Options

Jeanie--I'll be thinking of you all day on Wednesday--just told my husband about this great site and that you're next to have your exchange.  I didn't need chemo or rad either, but a friend of mine who had surgery the day before me did--she finished up chemo just after Christmas.  She's not considering reconstruction until later.  I want mine ASAP, but getting pretty nervous about my scheduled date, next Monday.  Just told my sister I have constipation one day and way the other direction the next--I think it's just nerves.  Anyway, best wishes for a smooth procedure and fabulous results!  Suzie