Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Exchange City

Options

Comments

• Annabella58
    Annabella58 Member Posts: 916
    edited February 2009
    Options

Well, Miss Too Young Looking to Be A Granny, you still look like a beautiful Disney princess to me in your photo.  Can't decide between Cinderella or Aurora yet...

I hope they lay off your fills a bit....ouch on your behalf.  RADS will be fine, I had no issues at all.  I had 5 days a week for 8 weeks, a little bit of sunburn, but that was it.  I was a little tired after it ended, but my kid was in 7th grade and you know how that goes...no slowing down allowed.

i love personally to tell people I'm like, 60, just to mess with their heads, but I have a very out there sense of humor...need it to deal with all this boobie sh*U&^, as you know.

Go ahead and yell,,,,,,,,,,sounds painful!!!!  Feel better soon. 

xoxo

yours in ta ta ville.  Mrs. Hooter/Drooper

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi Yvonne.. you look like you were a young Gma too!... It is fun!!! My 2 yr old grandson saw me take off my wig.. and now... when we are all together.. he yanks it off my head 'cause he thinks it is my hat.. and we do not need hats in the house...LOL...

Hi Deborah... my expander is a 300cc... I was really happy with 320.. then I thought 370 was perfect.. filled out my 34C perfect. THEN I found out and made the choice.. to do rads..sooooooo , as rads will shrink the cancer boob side..PS said I needed on my good fill... thus...420cc.. I hurt so bad.. but I have no choice if I wanna stay a C cup after exchange.. 8 months from now...:(... I am sure the pain will end by the weekend...

I am not that huge..LOL.. I just feel freakishly huge.. I am probably a REALLY full C. I am too sore to try on my bra now.. I will try this weekend.

Take Care ladies...

Anyone HATE these darn hot flashes as badly as I????

Can you all tell I am just not a happy camper as of late...LOL LOL... I want Laura back!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You ladies just keep up the fun... keep this "young" Gma smilin' over here...

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

LOL... I sooooooooooo need to change my photo... lol.... I should but the one of me now with the one inch hair.... eeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk..LOL

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ps...Annie.. you DO NOT look  over 50 in your photos...so there!!!           Wink
  • Annabella58
    edited February 2009
    Options

p.s. Oh my god, Yvonne, I am laughing my head off at your description of your tatas...I have that going on as well, one 38"wide" and one 38"long".  Love it.

No, no photo gallery, girls.  It ain't pretty.  Then there is the lack of nippleosity thing as well on the stripper girl.  My Barbie Foob.

Yvonne, only thing I can wear is a big ole sport bra in a 38D and I haul the one up and let the other fill it up as best she can and add a little stuffing.  God knows what will happen when summer comes.  I am so going back for a prophy.  My husband is afraid of Barbie Boob, he won't go near it.  Like it's an alien boob or something.  He's seen me have a C section you'd think this wouldn't do him in, but it does. 

I think Laura, my final implant was a 600 perhaps more, but I know I got overfilled first.  It didn't hurt, but he took his time as I couldn't do rads in the same girl twice.

nighty night gals, I'm off to put barbie hoot to bed...these girls are sisters, but they sure arent twins.

xox

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Ok.OK.. I will stop posting... but I have to say... Ladies.. you are CRACKING me up tonight.... the whole wide long thing... HYSTERICAL>.. only women like us... can laugh at that and not get punched in the face....LOL LOL

Thanks for the laughs.. I need it!

Sandy... I hope you are feeling better...:(...

• Annabella58
    edited February 2009
    Options

oh Laura, I just got your other posts, I am so sorry you hurt so much, this sucks for you....

hang in there hon, your skin will stretch and then it won't be so bad....

Laura will come back, I promise.  Keep that great sense of humor handy at all times and remember, you WON....this is the clean up and the way to get back your body the way you want it and it's not easy.

Yeah, those hot flashes do suck, but we'd get them if we didn't do these drugs, they'd be there naturally anyway.  I found keeping a frozen water bottle in my hand warded them off.  Alcohol and caffeine brought them on.

Hang in there, this part will be over soon..................

xoxoxoxoxoxo (     Big cyber hugs                                   )!!!!

• YvonneB
    YvonneB Member Posts: 149
    edited February 2009
    Options

It is so great to be able to share these thoughts with people who really do understand!  WHY DIDN'T I FIND THIS SITE BEFORE???  Mrs. Hooter/Drooper...soooo true!  I don't know if I am ready to have a prophy on my left side.  I kind of like the old girl, even if she is a bitlong in the tooth!  My DH is kind of gun shy about my foob too. 

We should start a new thread...way to young to be grandmas and WAY TO YOUNG to be dealing with this cancer stuff!  

• psalmist
    psalmist Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2009
    Options

Jean, like Laura, I have feeling everywhere except right at the port. I think that's why I was in so much expander pain until 5 weeks post op.

To all the soon-to-be-exchanged:  I went to my PS today for pre-op plans, and we picked out my new foobs.  IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!  I am getting Mentor smooth high profile 460 cc silicone implants March 3rd.  Because i have such a narrow chest and with these HUGE coconuts on me (I'm filled to 600) he is certain my chest wall has caved in a bit and the high profile will fit well width-wise plus give me more projection since I'm starting out below sea level.  : ) 

Laura, I feel your pain!  I am so stretched at 600cc (never thought it possible that I could get that big).  But it has been hard to dress these big mamas, as I am pretty sure I'm a double D right now - wearing the biggest bras I can find.  They look kind of funny on me since I'm not a very big person.  I should call one "Pamela" and the other one "Anderson."

• NVDiane
    NVDiane Member Posts: 151
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thanks so much for all the great tata humor, everyone! My exchange is February 24, and the closer it gets, the more nervous I am! Is that normal? I certainly want to get rid of this huge, rock-hard thing on my chest. My PS, who is really great, said he will only have to reopen half of my incision to take out the expander and put in the implant, so I guess it shouldn't be a big deal. Maybe I could go out to Victoria's Secret afterwards and buy something pretty for my new foob?! 

Diane

Dx 8/11/08, DCIS multifocal, grade 3, stage 0, nodes 0/3

• PinkyLee
    PinkyLee Member Posts: 427
    edited February 2009
    Options

I am sorry I missed being on line last night.  I could have used the support.  I have finally gotten to be okay about the next surgery. 

I will be glad to get rid of the missed match bullets. 

I can't remember names, but fyi, I had both breast removed and had cancer in one.  I couldn't take the chance of another surgery. 

I have settled on a full "D" because of my height and shoulder width, according to the ps.  I went shopping with SO on Saturday and he purchased bras for what I should look like.  That was very nice and for him, a surprise.  He actually shopped at Victoria Secrets and he is usually very frugal. 

I will talk to the surgeon regarding my nausea after surgery.  I don't want that again. 

I will celebrate my birthday (53) on Sunday and then prepare for my new soft movable foobs.  I look forward to being able to sleep on my chest without the pressure of something pushing back into my chest.

I don't have feeling on either side, some sharp pains in back area at times. 

• YvonneB
    YvonneB Member Posts: 149
    edited February 2009
    Options

Happy early birthday PinkyLee!  In the past I have had horrible nausea after surgery too.  It is just awful.  I spoke with the anesthesiologist prior to my surgery and he promised me a "cocktail" that would help the nausea. It sure worked well.  I woke up after surgery and was only sick once.  I think there is a lot of different options if you let them know how bad your nausea is. 

Hi Diane, I think we are all nervous about undergoing surgery again.  There is nothing fun about it!  I think we have to have faith in all the other post-surg girls who claim it is a lot easier than what we've gone through. I'm glad that you only have a couple of weeks to go. My PS said the same thing,that the incision wouldn't be as large and that the recovery would just be a few days.

• NVDiane
    NVDiane Member Posts: 151
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi Yvonne, thanks for the reassurance!  Maybe I'm just nervous about how I'll look afterwards. All the talk here about ccs is really confusing to me. Most gals talk like 500 cc or 600 cc is a lot, but I have 1000 cc, and I told my ps I don't want to look like Dolly Parton! The odd thing is, my left breast that was removed was a B cup, and the one that's left is an A cup. But the removed breast was 820 grams (yes, I read every yucky word of my path report), which I understand is the same as 800 cc.  I just can't figure how it was that big but only a B cup (I'm only 5'2"). Sigh. So many questions, so few answers (from the doctors, anyway). I couldn't have made it without this site!

ps I know what you mean about the armpit.  I am sure my expander has completely taken over my left armpit. Sealed

Diane

Dx 08/11/08, DCIS multifocal, Grade 3, Stage 0, nodes 0/3

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Yes Diane.. I have heard it is really pretty easy... YOU WILL LOOK FAB darling!!!!!!!!..Kiss

We should not have to make theses choices darnit..

PinkyLee... Happy B.day to you.... :):)

Happy Day Ladies....

• PinkyLee
    PinkyLee Member Posts: 427
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  When this all started I had hoped to have mty new chest and be on the beach for my birthday.  Now I just hope to get a good nights sleep.

Note:  My expanders aren't under my arm, one is square and slightly blue the other has a point on the shoulder and comes out to a slope.  I can't wait to have something that looks more normal. 

As I said earlier, I received new bras and they are very comfortable, even with these expandres.

Good luck to all having surgery before me.

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Isn't it weird , the difference in expanders... mine are low profile.. so in cloths.. look like normal boobs .. neck'ed.. looks kinda round and shelf like. Nothing is under my armpit... Soooooooooooooooooooooooo weird....

• soccermom96
    soccermom96 Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2009
    Options

I've been so looking forward to exchange surgery in March...today my boss freaked my out by saying I should put in for short term disability "in case something goes wrong" and suddenly I'm scared!  Not that I want to live forever with these pointing in different direction iron monsters!  Just a case of nerves.  Sigh.

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited February 2009
    Options

To all the gals getting a exchange.  The recovery is so much easier.  If you get saline implants I think they only need about 2 inches and silicone it take about 3 inches.  So for most of us that's smaller than our mastectomy scar. 

Soccermom sorry your boss said that.  He probably thought he was being nice and didn't realize how it sounded.

Annie if you go ahead with the other side you might feel better having a match set and hubby might like it better also.  If not that's his lose but for your sake I hope he does.

Keep your chin up gals we'll get through this.

Tomorrow beside maybe calling doc for head cold need to call PS to talk nips.  She had told me to make an appointment the end of Jan and time just sort of flew by.  She was just going to explain how she plans to do it.  I think she still plans on waiting till about April but will find out when we meet.

Sometimes I feel like I got so much to do with the things the kids are in and trying to find a little time for myself.  I'll admit I can't wait for summer and the kids to be out of school.  They don't have a lot going on and is much easier for me to find me time to get with my friends and be active.  My Bicker Chicks (road & mountain bikes) have actually gotten together the last 2 weekends.  They are getting together again Sat but the snow and my cold might stop all of us.  Snow Snow Go Away...

• soccermom96
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi all-----I have a question.  I was on antibiotics for 10 days with my first surgery.  Are you on anitbiotics again with the placement of implants?  Seems like a good idea.....

• susan13
    susan13 Member Posts: 102
    edited February 2009
    Options

Laura,

I won't be starting rads until after my chemo is done.  Yesterday I had my 2nd Taxotere, I should be done mid-March, then start rads mid-April.  So you'll be done before me, so you can give me all the good advise you can!   Good luck with your simulation, and with the starts of the rads, you will soon be done with all of this!

Sue

• Monique
    Monique Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2009
    Options

soccermom - I had my exchange on the mast side and a lift on the "good" side on Wednesday and yes, they did give me antibiotics to take for a few days.  So far the exchange side doesn't bother me much at all and rockwell girl is correct about the incision only being about 1/3 of the mast scar.  The lift side however is a little more painful, but again not too bad. Sleeping on my back again is annoying.

• Mykidsmom
    Mykidsmom Member Posts: 448
    edited February 2009
    Options

Okay ladies - I tried to post all the exchange dates I know and some minimal details. I am not sure how long I can do this, since I will need to work soon. But at least it is a start. please let me know if I have your details wrong. Looks like we have a few ladies that had their exchanges last week, but I don't see any for this week. How are you all recovering? take care. Jean

• 40somethingMom
    40somethingMom Member Posts: 73
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I had my exchange this week! I still can't believe I'm almost done with this whole process!!  They gave me antibiotics in my IV but I did not get a script of anything to take home, except pain killer med.  It was a breeze, very little pain, just some soreness. I had 450 high profile mentor's placed and he moved my left pocket in towards center, that's the side that I feel the most soreness.  But oh my gosh... how different I feel, actually it feels like there is nothing there sometimes.  I'm a bit worried they will not project as much as I hoped, but I have read many posts that say you need to wait for them to fluff, so fingers crossed, right now two days out and they fit into my C cup bra but there is some empty space in the bra.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!  Patty
  • FACECRAFTER
    FACECRAFTER Member Posts: 433
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi ladies. Had to jump in here. You are hilarious. 

In June of 2006, I had a mastopexy (breast lift)  I told the doc- right they are pointing to south america, when you're done I want them pointing to Canada!  When he got done, we looked and he said "How about Orlando?" (I live in Sarasota- Orlando is slightly northeast, yay!) I said FINE!!  And I named them:
    Rise and Shine. 

Well Rise and Shine are leaving me in April of this year. Bilat. I decided to name the new ones.  Up and Coming (seems to fit- but I'm not settled on that)  Still coming up with names..Up and Away!  Any ideas?

• FACECRAFTER
    edited February 2009
    Options

Estepp, I am having expanders put in and them I am having radiation, starting in May.  But you said that the expanders need to be fully filled before the rad starts?  Mine won't be, I'm sure.
    one more question for the surgeon. 

By the way, my rad onc gave me good advice... Listen to the docs speak only about their field.
    Breast surgeons know breast surgery and healing.  Rad onc know radiation and it's side effects. And onc know about the discovery, care and treatments for cancer.  It gets confusing to hear them talk about the others specialty, but listen to the right one, to get the right answers!!

• FACECRAFTER
    edited February 2009
    Options

Estepp, I am having expanders put in and them I am having radiation, starting in May.  But you said that the expanders need to be fully filled before the rad starts?  Mine won't be, I'm sure.
    one more question for the surgeon. 

By the way, my rad onc gave me good advice... Listen to the docs speak only about their field.
    Breast surgeons know breast surgery and healing.  Rad onc know radiation and it's side effects. And onc know about the discovery, care and treatments for cancer.  It gets confusing to hear them talk about the others specialty, but listen to the right one, to get the right answers!!

• soccermom96
    edited February 2009
    Options

Facecrafter---I am cracking up at the idea of Rise and Shine but sorry that you are losing them in favor of Up and Coming.  Welcome.  Your doc is absolutely right.  I work with docs all the time and no one is expert in all fields. They get specialized training only in one area so listen to the surgeon for surgery issues and the radiation guy for radiation stuff.  You don't ask your mechanic why your lawn is brown, ya'know? 

• Estepp
    edited February 2009
    Options

Judy... HYSTERICAL !!! Thank you for the visual...hehe.hehe.hehe.hehe.hehe

I was 100% full in 5 weeks. Had surgery Dec 29th... and last fill was last Tuesday. You can get fill before rads and you REALLY want to look into it.  You skin and muscle might not stretch good after rads. Filling before rads is MD Anderson's protocol.

I have researched the crappola out of this subject.... :)

Take Care Ladies!

• hood1980
    hood1980 Member Posts: 168
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi - Please add me to the list.  I have my exchange on 2/26.  It will be an anatomical saline implant.

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    edited February 2009
    Options

Jean, my exchange surgery is scheduled for April 10th with silicone, Allergan Natrelle implants. [Jean, please see my comment below.]*

Surgery scheduling called me last week and gave me a surgery date of March 20th, but I said, "no, no, I'm not ready yet."  So I pushed it out almost three weeks. I want these puppies stretched out as much as possible to prepare for the implants. 

**Thank you for putting it all together.  If it will be easier for you, I can keep track of all of the names and dates that come up and every week or so, PM them to you and you can enter them when you have the time.

Deborah