Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Options

Comments

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,136
    Options

Great news harley!!!!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,266
    edited April 15
    Options

Harley, so glad that nodule was a benign "incidentaloma!" So in your pocket for treatment going forward.

(((Puffin))), hope that further imaging & biopsy can determine more about the mass, and that effective treatment is possible. Adaptive OT (including devices such as pen-holders & eating utensils) may be a wise bet going forward in the near future.

My PCP messaged me that he's ordered a full anemia panel for me to get drawn STAT. Gotta head to lab today in between everything else. Sounds like a rerun of 2017 when my late PCP (who died of COVID early 2020) ordered the same set of tests to determine the cause (EGD & colonoscopy were both negative), which we never did find out. Hope this isn't a harbinger of leukemia, aplastic anemia or MDS, or (gulp) my "slight" MGUS transitioning to multiple myeloma. No symptoms except mild fatigue & pallor. Wondering if my Zepbound's slowing of gastric emptying is interfering with iron absorption from supplements & food—and hope I don't have to go off it. I never want to be fat again.

Foster cat-mom was still on the road back home from CA Sat. We could use an extra day to re-"catify" our house, especially because those tiny spring & summer "sugar ants" are re-emerging. Exterminator (who is also our landscaper & handyman) is coming this aft. to put down pet-safe spray and Terro bait cartridges (the latter out of kitty-reach). Only hitch is that tomorrow will be very stormy.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,837
    Options

Harley, fantastic news if any confirmation of cancer can be called fantastic.

Sandy, hope the blood work presents no new health challenges.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,139
    Options

Harley, Wonderful news!

Sandy, I wouldn't think the Zepbound would cause you not to absorb iron if it slows things down. Most of the absorption is in the small intestines. I do hope you have success finding the cause of your anemia and that it isn't something horrible. Human nature to worry about the worst, I am crossing my fingers that it is good news!

Betrayal, thanks for very positive words about Pet Insurance. I was surprised that my friend said it is a waste of money. I guess it depends on what kind of insurance company is used. I plan to ask the veterinarian when I take her next week. Not sure what plan you use or if it is even available in my area (Bucks Co). How did you decide on the pet insurance company? I was surprised that we have gone 9 1/2 years with no pets! I thought it was less than that. Anyway, so much has changed.

Dh and I went to PetSmart and bought a collar, I wanted pink or purple, dh wanted a multicolored one, Dh got what he wanted, LOL. We bought food, new dog dishes in a cute holder, and some toys. We looked at harnesses and beds but need to be sure of size. I still can't believe my dh is not only on board with this, but he is excited about it!

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 101
    Options

Harley - what excellent news for you.

Puffin - hugs from Australia for you.

Pets are wonderful - I have a kitty sitting beside keyboard "helping" me.

In pockets of those who need support.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,218
    Options

Oh my goodness on this 83 degree day. Keeping the house closed up as it actually stays cooler that way. Not enough breeze outside to air us out and bring in cooling air as well. Hopefully, we will get there.

First off yay Harley. As I think Carole said: If one could look up to not having more cancer added to the first is a blessing. Then you do have positive notes.

Puffin, I'm so hoping you as well will have a better outcome than might be showing at the moment.

MM — how wonderful that you will get your precious 'puppy'. Sounds like it is almost making a new man out of your Dh. So in the long run, maybe an idea whose time was really here but no one really knew it. I know there are always things - but it sure sounds like a high note right now. Also sounds a bit exciting that you are able to enjoy doing the prep to bring "Jo-Jo" home to your house for a great homelife for her and a fantastic companion for you and Dh. Many blessings. We will all be waiting to hear what the new right and rightful name will be.

I have always had far too many animals to even consider pet Insurance. Not sure even how long such a thing has been in practice. Betrayal, your plan does sound great and tailored nicely to suit. Perhaps that really is the best way.

Well, I do not have my hair-do. Beth had something go on with her chemo (needed an infusion I think) and was not able to keep the appt. I will have to call her later on and re-schedule. I'm sure she will try to fit me in a bit sooner as I waited a couple weeks for this time. I had an appt. for noon and got there about 8 mins. ahead of time (I called her this past Fri. and said I'd be coming straight from my Dr's. office). Parking lot was empty. Just by chance, her Grandma was home. Her grandmother (my longtime friend Ursula) was in her apt. across the street, so I was able to find out that Beth had the medical emergency. I sure hope she is back on her feet soon and likely she will be. She has such a strong outlook on life, her Stage 4 dx. after 3 yrs. and does not mind being bald at all.

Ursula and I became friends when she bought (from her son) one of the small lake houses not far from our first lake house. Few yrs. later Ursula got married a second time (first husband died) and a while after she moved to a different area closer to Missouri. We hadn't seen each other for a long time. Her second husband died in a car accident, and she had to move back here due to a couple of health issues that turn up usually when you are a bit older.

So, my Dr. visit was a very good one. All my numbers were fine, and we all ended up happy. Hope it all continues to go well. I will go back in 4 months. Mainly as I will have some return visits and tests under the belt by then. Like seeing my rads oncologist and getting an update on how things look now as well as some more cardiac info. I'm just fine with that.

It's a beauty of a day and I'm wishing you (((Petite, Harley, and Puffin) all well and as smooth sailing as possible.

• cindyny
    cindyny Member Posts: 1,153
    Options

Great news Harley!

• 1946taco
    1946taco Member Posts: 254
    Options

Great news. Harley. Puffin, hope you will be getting stronger. Jackie, loved the 14th's quote. Sandy, hope the tests don't show any of those things you are worried about.

My sister's coming in tomorrow for a short visit. Really looking forward to it. When they lived in Boston, she always came because she has SAD. I wasn't sure she would now that they have moved to S.C. She usually comes sans husband, and we have lots of girl time. She's had some health challenges in addition to a major move, so it will be good for me to see for myself how she is.

DD is struggling with a failing cat. Pets bring us much joy and companionship but also pain.

MM, we have had both a Jack Russell and a Norwich Terrier. The Jack was super smart. We think Mutz isn't but he seems to know what time it is and how to get Ken to give him too many treats. I know Ken would be lost without Mutz and am glad that your husband has gotten excited. With the exception of Mutz, we have always let the animals lead us to a name. Our first dog, George, got the first name I could think of when he came to the door because Debbie was naming all the stray kittens "little kitty, black, kitty etc. and I didn't him to be Black Dog.

We've never looked for or had pet insurance so I'm not a good one for advice on that. We also have never believed that pets should have major "life saving" procedures but be helped over the rainbow bridge when it's time so we haven't had major bills, just well health checks and shots. Having other pets, I'm sure you two have worked out how you feel about that, so perhaps you should take that into account in your insurance decision.

Love how my "new" office looks - so much brighter with the glass shelves rather the heavy oak pieces. It will also require that I be neater, no roll top to cover up a cluttered desk. I took bags of stuff to the thrift store as well as sending lots of paper to recycling. The semi-annual hazard waste pickup next week couldn't have come at a better time. Couldn't believe how many electronics cords I was "saving." I'm also no longer the Niners' President so can get rid of that paperwork too.

Have a good week everyone.

• illinoislady
    Options

One does not need to fast for days and meditate for hours at a time to experience the sense of sublime mystery which constantly envelops us.  All one need do is to notice intelligently, if even for a brief moment, a blossoming  tree, a forest flooded with autumn colors, an infant smiling.

Simon Greenberg

• illinoislady
    Options

Starting out a mite cloudy this morning. We could get rain. Might be a bit cooler as well. A little breeze. Got out my bedroom fan and used it last night — all night long. We have those good old Anderson windows — the kind with the crank on one of the lower corners so you can swing open your window. They are wonderful when new and working well. Old ones don't crank back in — so there are windows in our house that are no longer ever opened. I actually put a different kind in the kitchen. We can get cross draft from it for the house.

It will be something of a catch-up day today since yesterday was a Dr. day. I am thankful though that I only had to go to Mt. Vernon (20 miles south of us) for the visit. Then we visited with my old friend Ursula, who is Beth's ( my hairdresser's) grandmother. Ursula is a painter. She gives away a lot of her work and I am the lucky recipient of a couple of her pieces. She also made water-colors of some greeting cards that she used to send to people. She has eye issues and can't do as much as she used to, but she still is able to drive and do other things and the artist inside her still allows her to do a bit, if much slower.

So, it will be a matter of letting the day decide what happens when as much as possible.

I got a kick out of your daughter's pet names Taco. Very honest names in a way. Like you though, names will come. When I named the two kittens we rescued from Sandoval, I knew their mother's name was Daisy. She was a light orange very small female. There was a huge Tom who spent a lot of time with her, and he was orange and white. and when I saw him, I told my husband I thought it was the cat Daisy was dillydallying with. So, our twins became Dilly and Dally. They are both orange and white and huge now.

The 'new' office sounds great as well. I would not have been into glass for a desk — computer desk save for having found the one I have at Goodwill for $12.00. It is fairly large and has the large glass desk to work on, plus right above is a smaller glass shelf to hold the computer or monitor. I use it as a place to keep other things as I don't like looking up so far. Then right under is the glass pull out shelf for the keyboard. I have three short 3-shelf bookshelves — two in front side by side and one on the side which hide wires and the power cord that holds all the electric needed. On the other side is a built into the wall shelf which holds my house phone and some treasures I enjoy seeing all the time. A long way of saying — good for you and switching to glass. It does rather force a whole different level of neatness. Helps a lot to decide what is really necessary and what the 'warehouse' can quit housing. I doubt I'll ever go back again to the 'wood' style I used to have either. The desk I had was a huge oak desk and I have to say I never missed it much at all.

Hoping everyone with medical issues end up with good solutions. Sending hugs and hope.

• chisandy
    Options

I've never had a cat that needed a major lifesaving procedure when it would have done any good—Misha died young (8)—suddenly of cardiomyopathy (no indication anything was wrong, robustly playing right up till the moment his heart gave out); all the others' last crises happened at the very end of their long lives, when there was nothing to be done but end their suffering. From what I've read in Consumer Reports, there are downsides and "gotchas" with every pet insurance plan. And with 7-yr-old cats, premiums may already be too high.

We didn't get Roxy & BangBang yesterday—their foster mom returned from CA too late for us to come over and pick them up. So today, hopefully before the storms start—and we're hoping their first night with us won't involve cowering in the basement (or hiding under couches & beds) during a tornado warning (the usual "non-zero chance").

We e-filed our taxes last week (as we always do) and will get a much, much smaller Fed. refund than before (less than the nat'l average)—our CPA used to scold us for our habitual over-withholding in order to have a nice quasi-bonus. So Bob's new employer (Union Health) and his practice corp. (of which he's now sole owner) withhold the standard amount. No "windfall," but then again the IRS. & state didn't have interest-free use of our money. And we're even getting a little bit back from the state, for the first time in 20 years. JB Pritzker giveth…but the Cook County assessor taketh away (property tax skyrocketed due to our neighborhood hyper-gentrifying).

Hope the kitties' foster mom doesn't have second thoughts when my HK & I walk in with the sniffles. No, not cat allergies—the tree pollens are off the charts and even grass pollen is medium-high. (It's a month & a half early for grass pollens).

Got the results of my anemia panel (ferritin, manual reticulocyte count, TSH, folate, B12, iron binding): all dead-bang normal. So I guess we need to look to the gut again (ugh). Oh, well—wasn't due for my next colonoscopy till 2027, but it has been 7 years since the last one so it's not an unreasonably short interval. (I have my semiannual abdomen MRI coming up in 2 weeks—my MO is keeping an eagle-eye out for liver mets from either bc or melanoma—so it makes sense to see those results first before proceeding).

• cindyny
    Options

You ladies describing your desks makes me think when I get home to NY I’ll need to clean out ours. It’s a big piece with 3-4 drawers on one side, a fold back door on the other side that houses the printer, WiFi modem, and ink for the printer; might even have FAX roll paper. Then a big drop down desk area - I’ve used a stair baluster to support it when it’s opened up, as we lean on it a bit too much over the years. Then once open an inside shelf for your monitor in the middle; and 2 shelves in each side, with lights. I’ve put items in matching baskets - checkbooks and checking registers, mine & his each get our own. But there is a lot of, phrased nicely, crap in there. Because I can fold the desk part up, it hides everything!
    Colored pencils, colored markers, post it notes, a photo or 2, a pile of folders and envelopes galore - we might need them. When I pass people will think I was planning for a mass mailing of sorts. HA!

For the time being, I will ignore its contents, and keep it all closed up nicely. We don’t even use the desk top computer in there! It would take a day just to get updates, if it could even support all the updates. UGH!

It’s sunny and warm here, 82 heading up to 88. I swear last night I heard the weather lady say next week rainy season could be here. This week hitting the 90’s, way too hot for me. We don’t leave until May 7 or 8, rainy season best not be here next week!

• chisandy
    Options

Oh, and my new Levis arrived and they fit: 31 waist! (Bought a couple pair of 32s 2 years ago and had to go up to a 33 last year). Doesn't sound as impressive when you check the conversion table and find out that's still a size 12, but considering I was in the equivalent of 16 as recently as January, it's pretty darn good. My other size 12s are bagging in the thighs—and one pair of mid-rise needs a belt to stay up. Even squeezed into a pair of Chico's size 1.5 (10) "girlfriend" jeans from 2010.

Back to "konmari-ing" my size XXL, XL and L tops back into storage and bringing the Ms back to the forefront. Afraid to give away or discard that larger stuff, in case Zepbound/Mounjaro is still unavailable by the end of May and I have trouble maintaining my progress—but I do need to be more picky about tossing the ones with indelible stains. I feel pangs of guilt over the glut of discarded clothing impacting the environment. I don't buy "fast fashion" (Forever 21, Zara, Uniqlo, H&M, Shein), but even though some people may consider Old Navy & Target t-shirts "disposable" I wear mine till they either fall apart or have conspicuous stains I can't remove or camouflage with pins or embroidery. I've had some of my Talbot's and Chico's size 2s & 3s for over a dozen years, and formal dresses for over 20!

• carolehalston
    Options

All the desk talk is getting to me. I use mine to deposit papers to be dealt with later. To be filed or put into the basket for shredding. There is no desk surface in view at the moment.

I will never go back to a desk computer. I used one for 20 plus years to write book manuscripts. DH pressured me into buying the first PC on the market, Dell something or other and that was before Windows so I learned the old DOS system. I love my little laptop, which is actually a touch screen like my phone but I didn't realize this until a few years ago my great niece was using the laptop. When it quits on me, I'll probably switch to a tablet.

I accomplished my task yesterday of power washing the front entrance pavement and walkway. Today I started on the back and cleaned the porch which has the same patterned concrete that extends into a patio. Tomorrow I will work on the patio which has more mildew that the other surfaces.

Once I post this, I will work on our state tax return which is due May 15. No money back, for sure. We will have to pay since I don't withhold for state.

A sunny day here with higher humidity than previous days.

• chisandy
    Options

We brought the "girls" home about half an hour ago. To my surprise, Roxy was more outgoing at the foster home and imprinted on our HK. BangBang was wary at first but then recognized me. They howled in their carriers all the way home. We took them each down to the basement, in their carriers, to show them their litterboxes (and scraped the litter with the scoop to confirm those are their bathrooms), then brought them up and let them out in the kitchen. Neither seemed interested in kibble & water yet, but they ate wet food recently. BangBang hid behind the loungers in the den, but Roxy began exploring immediately. BangBang has followed suit a bit more tentatively. Will take pix when they've settled in. I need to buy them more toys.

• chisandy
    Options

The girls are really settling in—in fact, BangBang was literally in my face and head-rubbing me while I was on the phone transferring their microchip registrations. I'm a bit concerned about sibling rivalry: she hissed at Roxy because Roxy had also snuggled with me and decided to chill out on the daybed next to my lounger. Still trying to get them to hold still and pose for photos. (Their foster is a professional pet photographer for Petraits and the Friends of Petraits/Precious Pets Almost Home rescue agency).

• illinoislady
    Options

Yay for the kittles getting home and starting a fast adjustment. It's going to be exciting. Hopefully the rivalry moments were because they were 'newly' at home once they get that you WILL be there for either of them it will settle out.

• puffin2014
    puffin2014 Member Posts: 932
    Options

I was discharged yesterday from the hospital. Thanks for all the hugs and well wishes. I did get an adapter from OT for my pen which helps some, especially when the Home Health nurse came today and I had stacks of pages to sign. I think my signature looked different on every one. She has me set up for in home OT and PT. My right leg is a bit better, arm still bad.

Lots of offers of help from people here in the building. One lady came this morning and sat in the bedroom close while I took my shower in case I needed help and the lady across the hall from me brought over her shower chair for me to use, and I will feel much safer taking my shower alone being able to sit on the chair. Another lady is going to be making me a batch of cabbage hamburger carrot soup to eat for supper this week. And lots of people are offering to drive me or get groceries so I feel very blessed. It would be hard if I was alone in the house, dealing with this.

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 279
    Options

puffin - continued prayers as you are in my thoughts. Your neighbors sound wonderful and I’m so glad you have help nearby. (((HUGS)))

• carolehalston
    Options

Glad to learn you're getting a lot of help, Puffin.

• illinoislady
    Options

The Wish
    Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Should some great angel say to me to-morrow,
      "Thou must re-tread thy pathway from the start,
    But God will grant, in pity, for thy sorrow,
      Some one dear wish, the nearest to thy heart."
        This were my wish! - from my life's dim beginning
      Let be what has been! wisdom planned the whole
    My want, my woe, my errors, and my sinning,
      All, all were needed lessons for my soul.

• illinoislady
    Options

Puffin,

How great of your neighbors. Many people are just waiting for an opportunity to help someone, but if we don't need help we never realize it. You are obviously a good neighbor yourself. Bless your neighbors which are making all of us feel better too.

• illinoislady
    Options

Sunny out this morning after a heavy rain yesterday afternoon. We are never sure till it happens that it really will as it is just the way it happens here. Can't actually rely on the weather reports for more than possibilities.

I put down some Miracle Grow in my flower beds out front. Ran out a couple of feet before I was done. Likely will be fine anyway. Late this year, but I knew it would rain soon enough.

Had a nice visit with Jo yesterday afternoon. I have a key to the house so I can go whenever I want to. Always the way it was at the other house as well. Even if she is not home then I can still visit with the puppies. At any rate, while I needed some visiting time that means I didn't quite get the same amt. whittled off my list that seems to never change drastically. Oh well. I'm never lost for something to do that way.

It may be slightly cooler today — just have to see. It is 70 right now and windy. Wind around here seems to be a feature that in the past was more a gentle breeze. I like breezes better most of the time.

Hope everyone is going to have a good day.

• cindyny
    Options

Puffin, so glad you’ve been released and friends & neighbors are helping out.

Sandy, oh a house full of kitty love! Hoping like Jackie said, they’ll chill out with each other over time.

I got my walk in this morning. It was 75 when I left and 78 with 80 degree “feels like” temp. Drenched when I got in the house. Peeled off all that wet clothes and threw on my night shirt again. The whole week is looking at 89-90 degree temps. I’ll have to get up with the chickens if I want to keep getting in a walk.

My afternoon plans include cutting my partners hair. I call it Esters school of beauty, it’s all or nothing. Because I’m not talented enough for any deviation. Note, my sister got to name me as a baby and wanted Ester; mom talked her out if it, but it’s my beautician name. Haha!

I might attempt to put a comforter and all the extras - shams, bed skirt, throw pillows too - into one or two of those bags you hook up to your vacuum, to suck all the air out & shrink/flatten it all. I’m supposed to bring it back to NY for my niece. I’ll let you know how that ends up if I attempt it today.

Everyone enjoy the day! All with health issues, know you’re in my prayers.

• betrayal
    Options

Puffin, glad to see you are at home and hope you are blessed with a VN, PT and OT like I had. They were so instrumental in my care. Happy to see you have neighbors who are willing to be your village as well.

Sandy, glad the girls have made it to their new home and your loving arms. Something nice about having purrs around again. Used to love Old Navy tees but now the cloth is so cheap I no longer buy them. I have some I bought more than 10 years ago that I am still wearing though. I just tossed the yoga pants I had bought there in that same timeframe. They had been my "go to's" for yard work these last few years but they were in sad shape.

cindyny, I love those vacuum bags and they do work so well. I have several in my linen closet now for those bulky items that usually take up so much space but compressed they are so flat. Loved the story about "Ester", too.

Started out sunny with rain predicted for this afternoon which means it was clear when I went in for CT of thoracic spine and it was pouring when I left. I was soaked by the time I reached my car but I did not want to drag an umbrella with me. Sun is struggling to come out again with temps in low 60's.

Today was last visit with VN and it was nice to hear she will miss our visits. I have enjoyed her company but most for her advocacy for me when I was dealing with that non-stop draining wound. I think getting the WOCN here to recommend the wound vac meant my wound healed faster than it would have otherwise. She was a real boon to my recovery. I can request her when I have the TKR and most certainly will ask for her and the same PT.

I sent an email to a former student and now a BFF yesterday to see if we could get together for lunch now that I am more back to normal. She had been a florist before becoming a nurse and always gave me beautiful bouquets that she designed. I told her a little of my saga and today out of the blue arrives a huge bouquet of Orange roses and white lilies (she knows I love the latter). They are so lovely, so I sent her an email with a photo attachment of the bouquet but did not reveal that one rose was devoid of all petals that now lined the box and another had a broken stem so it is very short. The lilies also shared the same fate of broken stems that were even shorter when I trimmed them according to the directions. I will provide feedback to the sender because these were ordered on Amazon so I am sure they were costly.

I have an appointment next week with the pain management doctor I have seen in the past to see what he can offer about the back pain I am now experiencing. He's an anesthesiologist so maybe he can inject the trigger point?

Hand, especially the thumb, is very sore so I have not done exercises more than once a day. See hand therapist tomorrow so will talk to her.

So this week was 4 appointments with either doctors, therapists or for procedures. Next week I have 3 appointments so far and the week after is the Dalmatian picnic on Sunday and 2 physician appointments so far. I need a lunch date so may talk to DH about going to the British tea house near us.

Hope everyone has a great day.

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Puffin, glad you are back home. What a shock. cyber hugs ((((((hug)))))

Cindy, glad it was too bad and just a rose tree.

Sandy, home the kitties settle in.

MM, I think I missed something. Did you get a dog?

I saw the nurse or assistant for the derm follow up. She think I am having an allergic reaction. If I just leave it alone it is better and no drainage. House issues continue. Maybe i should jest get a condo, though I love my house.

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Oops, forgot to ask, have any of you done a Breast Cancer Index Test?

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,139
    Options

Puffin, happy to hear you are home and your neighbors are helping you!

Sandy, so glad you were able to pick up you cats and bring them home! I am sure they will get along much better once they are settled in.

I forgot how much it costs to have a pet! We spent $300 and we don't even have her yet! Actually, we got a lot for that amount, dog crate, bed for crate, a fluffier bed for the living room, toys, collar, harness, dog dishes in a cute raised holder, dog food, treats, poop scooper, and poop bags for when we go for walks in the neighborhood. That won't happen for a while but I have them when we are ready.

I seem to be watching my bank account shrink this month. Took my car in for inspection and 30,000 mile check, ended up being over $600, Johanna's fee is about the same, and Monday dh goes to dentist for possible filling of two cavities. I say, possible filling because they are two upper front teeth and he doesn't know if he will be able to fill them or if dh will need root canal. Hoping he can. Our dentist is excellent, we have used him for a long time and he is good at doing what he can. Of course, we don't have the awesome dental insurance I had when I was still working. I also have a hair appointment coming up and can't forget, our dog has an appointment with the vet next week. Cha ching, cha ching, it's that kind of month!

Betrayal, reading about your many doctor appointments reminded me of my schedule the past year and a half. I am so happy NOT to have doctor appointments anytime soon! I feel like a normal person again and hope it will last! I have learned not to take this for granted, but to enjoy while it lasts! My next appointment is with my glaucoma doctor the end of June, next is with my dentist in July and last is my medical oncologist in August. One appointment per month in the summer, now that is the way I like it! Again, I hope it stays that way!

Cindy, I too love those bags! I wish it worked on furniture, LOL! We are still waiting for our DD to take our piano. I rarely play, as I prefer to play without anyone around, and of course, dh is always around. It takes up a lot of room in the living room. We have a small cape cod style house. We need to get a smaller dining room table too. The one we have was great when I had large family gatherings, but that doesn't happen anymore.

• betrayal
    Options

petite1, I did one years ago to help determine how long I should remain on AI's. My insurance at the time covered it. It was worth it to me. Hang on to your house.

Here's the roses that I forgot to attach.

• cindyny
    Options

Betrayal, the roses look beautiful!

Petite, I second- keep your house. I haven’t had that test.

Carole, glad you got your power washing done.

MM- momma dog headed your way! I hope your daughter takes your piano. Partners sister has a Steinway that she can’t give away; no one wants it.

Update on the bags - I can’t fit the comforter in the bag. It’s the large bag. Maybe there’s a giant bag?

Taco, Puffin, you’re in my thoughts.

Dentist at 9 AM tomorrow. Temporary bridge off, permanent one on. It’s been a long road to get to this. I’m not sure if the permanent one gets put on with temporary cement or if this is it. I’ll find out then! I’ll be so glad when my dental woes are over.