Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 37,966

We are the only species on the planet, so far as we know, to have invented a communal memory stored neither in our genes or our brains. The warehouse of that memory is called the library."The library connects us with the insights and knowledge, painfully extracted from nature, of the greatest minds that ever were, with the best teachers, drawn from the entire planet and from all of our history, to instruct us without tiring, and to inspire us to make our own contributions".Carl Sagan 1980

• illinoislady

Good afternoon. I'm a bit late today. Not from anything special. Just having a lazy Sunday I guess. It is okay outside — about 80 and a little breeze.

Loved the Bumble Bee stories. It must be so pleasant to think you have presented something to Bumble Bee to sing about, and you get to hear the soothing results of the gift. What a win-win situation. I'd be thrilled.

I also know a bit about those fur machine since we have multiple cats. Of course, the short hairs are not much of an issue, but we have some medium and there is where we really get it. I sweep (slowly) or use the Vac to get it all, but like you, somehow minutes after sweeping — here comes more.

Taco, even though there is still pain, graduating with a light brace and shorter stockings is great. Just seems when we are older things drag out. Mentally, we are more than ready to go, but nature demands elsewise. Hope your progression is steady and mainly tolerably comfortable and hoping for a bit of speed for you as well. Sure glad by the way you didn't just turn up at the restaurant either. The bouquet sounds lovely and so nice to have to enjoy. I hope you find a good place to have that meal.

Nothing special for today. Hope you are all going to have a wonderful day.

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 544

@puffin2014, thinking of you - gentle hugs.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609

Had family birthday party at Bonefish Grille and must say it was a great meal. We were able to book the private room in advance and it was so nice to be separate from the main dining area. DGS and DGD ordered virgin Strawberry Daquiri's and the meal of their choice. DGS and I both ordered the twin lobster tails which were delicious. I got free dessert as a birthday perk but brought half of it home. So it was DD and DSIL, DS and DDIL, DH and DGS and DGD with step GS missing out because he was in Myrtle Beach with his DD.

Waitstaff were great and I will make sure to let manager know how pleased we were with this visit. They offer Dining Rewards and I now have new ones after using ones for today.

Rain this afternoon with a lot of noise from thunder but no appreciable downpour. DS said they hit a downpour in Paoli but we did not see one here.

DSIL sent pictures from her daughter's bridal shower yesterday and it looks like it was a great time. My niece the bride looked like she was enjoying it and my charcuterie board gift was a definite hit with her. She loves to entertain so this was something I felt she would like but not buy for herself, in other words an indulgence.

Taco, take your pain meds both pre- and post-PT as needed. Try to stay ahead of the pain so you can keep moving. I took baby aspirin (1/day) for 3 weeks after surgery so did not have to wear the thigh high support hose which are exceedingly difficult to put on (like putting a girdle on a watermelon when you have to put them on someone else. Using a plastic bag on your foot helps get them started). I normally wear the knee highs so I just continued them. As my PT said, pain will be there in varying degrees for 6 mos or more and up to a year until final healing.

Need to keep up the exercises to ensure you achieve benchmarks for both flexion and extension. I am determined that in a year from June, I will walk pain-free and without a limp on the right and same goes for a year after the left surgery. Find that when she ups the exercises/weights that 2 days later I am experiencing more pain but still am at the point where I try to just use Tylenol though I may up dosage. No regrets on having surgery at all.

Hope everyone had a decent day.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,074

My little mouse invader snapped the trap I set last night and escaped being caught, after eating the peanut I set near the trap. This little drama didn't compare to what went on at my neighbor Mary's deck last night. This morning I saw on Facebook a picture of her open refrigerator and food strewn on the deck. She had a bear visitor who was smart enough to open the refrigerator. I'll get the whole story later on. Wild life drama in the campground. LOL.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,267

Good morning, ladies. Much to comment on, but have an appointment and will get back on this afternoon.

• betrayal

PT went well but butt kicks with 5 lb ankle weights do kick my butt. I am sure on Tuesday night sleep will be a challenge but I'll be prepared with a big dose of Tylenol. Using heat at end of sessions rather than ice. I can ice at home but don't have heat pads like they have. She offered one for my hip bursitis today and that felt great.

Had a craving for Chicken Cacciatore so sent DH to store for a small onion and some peppers. Well, his idea of a small onion is not in line with mine so I have a lot leftover. Don't want to overpower the sauce with it. It is all chopped, added mushrooms and garlic plus some Italian seasoning and it is now cooking in microwave. I cook it on a lower power and increase the time so the chicken will cook through. Sauce a little on thinker side but water from peppers and mushrooms should thin it some. Like my sauce to stick to the spaghetti and not line the bottom of the bowl.

DH still working on enclosing area by the stream with chicken wire to keep deer out. He should finish today. Not sure if I ever mentioned how rocky our soil is and how every hole provides at least 5 lb of various size rocks and/or boulders. All of the flower beds are ringed by rock trim that was found while putting plants in the beds. No need to buy rocks, I try to give them away.

High 70's and some humidity but bearable. Sunny and bright. Summer seems to pass so quickly and I haven't had much time to enjoy it.

petite1, how was Key West?

carole, had to laugh about the bear invading the refrigerator. They show videos all the time of them being able to open car doors left unlocked and helping themselves to whatever is in the car. They then trash the interior. I don't live in bear country but PA does have black bears that get into mischief at times.

DS and DDIL renewed my annual Acorn subscription and DD and DSIL gave me a Britbox subscription so I don't have to watch any news or reruns, if I so choose. Right now I am watching a series on Britbox and enjoying it. I am on season 19 out of 27 seasons and they are filming season 28 as I write this.

Hope everyone has a day where SE, pain, and any mental health issues are not a problem.

• illinoislady

The single most empowering thing we can do for ourselves is to transform fear. While fear contains tremendous power, it doesn't propel us forward and upward, but, rather, drags us down and chains us to the past. Freeing ourselves from fear is a loving intention because, as fear subsides, we are better able to access the soft, sweet power of our hearts, which naturally leads to loving ourselves and others more freely and completely.

Sue Patton Thoele

• illinoislady

Long day but good afternoon, ladies. All is fine. A busy morning here as I did all the morning chores and then got ready for my visit with the PCP. in Mt. Vernon. All was fine there. In fact, Dr. Neely was thrilled with all my numbers save for iron. Likely it is wanting to dip on the low side because my diet is not as varied with the salt restrictions as it once was.

My sugar and A!C are not great, but it is an artificial high from some of my medications so she does not worry about it as long as it stays stable.

Good news on my Echogram as well. I tell you the tech that said all he could tell me was that it was better than last time. He should win at poker really easy. It was better by 20 points. So that to me was way, way better. It was 50 this time. From how his face and tone were — I was hoping it was at least 5 pts. higher.

Hmmm, mouse or bear, bear or mouse. I think I'll take the mouse. Carole, did you know when you started camping there every year you could get a "visitor" one day? I'm not sure how I'd feel on that one. I guess you get use to it but just wow !!

That said I hear something the other day that black bears had been spotted in? northern Illinois. It is not a big surprise. Growing up here there were no deer and now they are VERY abundant — so really no reason bears couldn't finally migrate here.

Betrayal, we have mainly clay soil here. Likely we have a smattering to rocks too, but I know from some of our digging it is nothing like what you describe. Getting enough to share in the neighborhood is sort of incredible to me. We don't do much digging these days. Dh taught me not to plant much because he would find a way to mow it down so we only have a couple of borders you can't get the mowers over.

Hope you all had a really good day.

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 341

Weather is in the 70’s which is perfect for walking outside.

I had a three month follow up with the GYN Onc today and was pretty disappointed with how the visit went. He seemed very tired and was not on top of things. I realize doctors are human but I am concerned.

He had not looked at my records prior to seeing me so he was unable to answer some of my questions. He thought I only had cancer in one ovary so I corrected him that it was both ovaries, both fallopian tubes and pelvic washings (which is a different stage than having cancer in just one ovary) although it is still early stage. He also thought the MO was monitoring my CA-125 marker throughout chemo and she isn’t. Since he didn’t have my records available he didn’t know what my CA-125 was in January so I told him and it was within the normal range. He thinks CA-125 was normal in January because the OC was just developing and then typical of OC it grew over the next 8 weeks until I had surgery in Mid March. A CT scan will be done in mid October with my next follow up in early November. I had declined the pelvic exam (which I hate, hate, hate) and that may have annoyed him.

What is most concerning to me is that while I will have a CT scan in October he will not order any more CT scans unless I have symptoms. He will monitor the CA-125 but if it rises, he will not treat unless I have symptoms. I do believe this the current standard of care as I have read on an OC forum of even women with advanced stage OC with rising CA-125 but no symptoms and doctors not treating until there are symptoms.

My concern is since I have early stage OC and if it does recur, I’d like to catch it as early as possible. I told the GO that I was concerned with lack of imaging after October. I also don’t understand the need for 3 month follow ups if we aren’t going to treat a recurrence until I have symptoms which means it is advanced. I’ll ask some questions at the November meeting. But it seems like I could just contact him if/when I have symptoms.

Thanks for letting me vent.

• petite1

Carole, Thank you for the update on Puffin. Tears in my eyes

Greatly Blessed, Welcome to our group

Artwish, I had a total hysterectomy when I was 51. My Gyn saved my life twice.

My trip to Key West was fun. It was arranged by my niece's friend, who kindly invited me. The group included my niece, her friend, her friends aunt and her cousin. I was the oldest. Her friend had lung cancer and a partial lobectomy. She now has a brain lesion which is being treated with immunotherapy. This maybe her last girl's trip. She just has a PET scan and has the doctor appointment to review results soon. We all put on the happy face and had a good time. The saw the marker and took pictures, when to the Sunset party, the ghost tour, Hemmingway house, shopping, and lots of eating. We did a Jimmy Buffet tour. Went to the beach and so on. I did get back home in the daylight. Yay. I was worried about that.

I have to recover before the Fall trip.

Happy Anniversary to Taco.

I know I wanted to comment on Harley & Betrayal, but didn't write down what it was I wanted to say.

I have a dentist appointment in the morning.

Good night, ladies.

• cindyny
    cindyny Member Posts: 1,276
    edited August 20

Harley, vent away. I get it being unsettling in a wait and see kind of way.

Petite, so glad you enjoyed yourself in Key West.

Carole, hands down I’d take the mouse over the bear!

Betrayal, I’m on a corner lot that rolls down a few feet to the side road. It’s all grass to show, but dig down and it’s rocks, rocks, and more rocks. A few rocks over the years have come up as we planted things. Most recently I think someone has taken 3, leaving a hole/depression where they were. I wish they’d stop!

We had multiple severe thunder storms roll through today. The third one was a doozy. Lightening & thunder too close for comfort, along with wind. And once again I had to drain 2-3” out of the pool.

I’m missing Mavericks mom (last post 8/1), Sandy, Chris, and maybe more I just can’t think of right now. Did MM go on vacation and I missed it?

Cooler tomorrow but less rain, if any. Meeting 2 gf for a walk at 9:30 and I bet I’ll need to start out with a fleece.

Healing vibes to all who need it.

• reader425
    reader425 Member Posts: 924

Since Debby blew through our weather has been good and I've been able to swim more which makes me happy.

Tomorrow will be a lunch out in a cute little seaside town near here with some new friends. It's hard to move in "late mid-life" so I try to take every opportunity to get to know new friends.

I scheduled my first shingles shot for next Tuesday. I have an autoimmune disease so I always worry when I take a new to me pill or vaccine. I had shingles already in my 20s when I was first diagnosed so Dr. Really wants me to get it. DH got his last week and did have a fever for a day or so.

Good to read the good news and empathize with the challenges. I am also hoping the regulars who post and are MIA are doing ok.

• illinoislady

A smile costs nothing but gives much.  It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give.  It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.  None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it.  Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away.  Some people are too tired to give you a smile.  Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give.

unattributed

• illinoislady

Good morning. It is sort of a hungry morning, but I'll make up for it later. Have my pet scan at noon. All else is good here. It is cool out too. Only 67. Feels pretty good to me. I would love for it to be a bit cooler than it has been though in truth, our weather hasn't been all that hot — but the humidity is what makes it feel bad when it's 85 or so. I'll enjoy it as long as it is good enough to stay.

Cindy, I think MM has chosen to not post for now. She will be missed.

Reader sounds like you will be having hopefully a really nice time tomorrow. It is great that you are choosing to get out and socialize and find friends. It is difficult to re-locate late in life. Difficult for us after my being gone from my hometown for over 50 years. It was odd having to reacquaint with people that had lived almost a whole life without me and same on my side. I applaud your not sitting back and hoping for good encounters but going out to meet them. Seems to be the others will sense the good will and respond in kind.

Hope you do well with that shingles shot. Since you can indeed get shingles again, getting protected is a good thing. I have never gotten one as I never had chicken pox. Dh had them and the minute he heard there was a shot for it he signed up. They went around his chest and back so were really painful for him.

Hope you will all have a fantastic day.

• cindyny
    edited August 20

I was out for my walk this morning and it was 59! Coolest walk in some time, we all had fleece jackets on. Only bad when it was windy.

Shingles - one of my walking gf has a son with a bad immune system and other medical issues. He has shingles right now, and he’s only 36. Reader, good luck with the shot.

I must have missed when MM said she was taking a break. Still worry about Sandy, so much was going on (health & house).

I’m packing for the camp adventure. We’ve stayed at this camp 2 years ago and it’s very nice, right on the water. It’s just going to be cold. Packing for late fall weather, with a twist. Saturday on our way back home we’re going to the NY State Fair, where it’s predicted to be 84. Luckily we can just pack extra stuff in the trunk as needed- not like flying somewhere.

Enjoy the day!

• betrayal

Misty is an enigma mostly because she is a cat. I am attaching a photo of her favorite sleep spot which is a scratch box located behind the powder room door. When we first got her we kept her in there until she was acclimated to the other 2 cats in residence. We bought her a plush bed which she still ignores and she has taken ownership of what used to be a garden window which is her other favorite napping place. I weighed her today and she is about 8.5 lb. so nearly double what she weighed when we adopted her. Her long untamed hair makes her look larger though and she is a chow hound.

As you can see the box is narrow and when you wake up to use the toilet at 3 AM you have a voyeur but she can also be found there during the day, too.

Right now Bumble Bee is singing along with the song from Beauty and the Beast, Tale as Old as Time. He has a new love named Lucy Thomas as a singer and I have found one video that plays many of her songs. Pretty girl with pretty voice. He is just loving her so I'll have to save this link.

Today is overcast and pleasant as far as temperature in the low 70's. I had to buy a new suitcase and decided to try a cloth one since they keep breaking the hard shelled ones I had been buying. I decided to use a fabric sealant to keep it from getting dirty and repelling water in case of rain. So I took it on the front porch and did all sides so it is good to go.

Then planted the perennials I had on the patio awaiting holes in a flower bed. I also put the geraniums in pots and hopefully I will be able to get them to winter over in the shed. The azalea at the near end of the patio was here when we moved in and is at least 50 years old started looking sickly and did not bloom as well this year. I lopped off all the dead branches in a last ditch effort to save it. It barely has any leaves on it so I am thinking it is probably a goner. It was a bright pink one with profuse flowers each spring that I could see from the bay window in the eat in area. If it doesn't make it, I will replace it but finding one that size is difficult.

Harley, vent all you want. I think I would ask the MO to take over with ordering scans. My MO orders my mammograms and bloodwork and has since I got rid of my BS and RO. You have nothing to lose with asking for their assistance in monitoring your health. After my bout with the pre-cancerous GI polyp which they tried to remove and thought they got it all, but it grew back in a year necessitating having a large chunk of my bowel removed. After this, she even ordered genetic testing that both the GI surgeon and GI doc didn't order. This polyp is sneaky in presentation and spread and is a precursor to colon cancer so I am on a every 2 year colonoscopy (ugh) schedule. Absolutely necessary but not something I look forward to. Next one is in October. I love my MO.

cindyny, loved your photos and how busy you are with trips, concerts, etc. We have dug massive boulders out of the lawn because they were doing in lawn mower blades. It took several bags of top soil to fill some of them.

Reader, good for you in seeking new friends. Hope your luncheon is enjoyable.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• petite1

Betrayal, she is a beautiful cat.

Cindy, 59 degrees sounds so wonderful

harley, vent away

Sandy and MM are missing in action. I think MM might be involved with something she mentioned in an earlier post.

reader, I has shingles when I was in my late 50's. As soon as I could I got the vaccine.

• illinoislady

Didn't intend to post again, but saying hi to Misty. What a gorgeous girl. Love those eyes. Well, no secret, I'm a real push over for cats. I loved dogs and we were suffering for a bit going without, but the biggest soft spot is actually for cats. I've always thought this was due to us being renters and only allowed cats which I never understood. Cats can be pretty hard on the drapes, some carpet (using it almost like a scratching post) and of course, spraying if you don't neuter in time. Cats are not as easy as dogs to train out of un-wanted behavior. At any rate, we got in the habit of saving cats when we finally had our own home and so it wasn't until years later, we realized dogs and cats could easily co-exist. Well most of the time anyway.

So hi to you Misty. You are so fine now.

• betrayal

I finally got Leo, the oldest of my 3 cats, to pose for a photo. Of course it only took 6 shots to get this one where you can see his face. He was 13 in April, a contemporary of Smudge since they were adopted in the same year. She in the spring and him in August both being just a year old. If he could crawl under my skin, he would, lol. My son calls him the butt cat, because if you are not here often, all you see is his butt as he beats a hasty retreat. He loves Misty and they play well together. He gets along with Tawny, who is about 5 years old, unlike Misty who attacks her and vice versa if I do not watch them.

He is not allowed on the table but hasn't listened to that admonishment yet. I was working on some genealogy "bright shiny objects" meaning I am able to track a distant relatives relatives but not my own. Always hoping they will provide a valuable clue. So excuse the mess on the table which I use as a satellite desk. It will get cleared at bedtime. Have a nice night.

• illinoislady

Leo is quite a handsome fellow too. Looks much like the Russian Blue we had many years ago when we were first married. I love his gray nose too..

• illinoislady

Joy is everywhere; it is in the earth’s green covering of grass; in the blue serenity of the sky; in the reckless exuberance of spring; in the severe abstinence of grey winter; in the living flesh that animates our bodily frame; in the perfect poise of the human figure, noble and upright; in living, in the exercise of all our powers; in the acquisition of knowledge. . . Joy is there everywhere.     -Rabindranath Tagore

• illinoislady

Good morning. It is pretty here, although overcast. About 66 degrees right now which is great. It has indeed been cooler the last few days and it suits me fine. I am not fond of 'too' cold, but too much heat is nearly worse. At least when it is cool you can layer for some extra comfort. My little chore today is to go over and feed my little friends at Jo's house. She is with her daughter who needs a small nerve operation (ulnar nerve at elbow) so won't be home at lunch time - so I will go over and do it and play with my friends at the same time.

They are not sure of Lil' Red. I think they are concerned that he is an interloper who might want to stay. Anyway, today will be his 3rd. visit there. We will keep him on his leash though so that he can't interfere while I feed. All three dogs are fed in a certain order and in a certain place. Elsewise, the faster eaters will go steal the slower eaters' portions — so it is a 'science' feeding. Found by trying every method known to man and it now works fine.

Will have to finally go to the store again. My days have been so full that I've made do here at home, but some things will just have to be replaced today.

I got my results from my Pet scan already. Unfortunately, I have no idea what it REALLY says although I saw nothing that would make me feel that the radiation wasn't a total success. I may call my PCP and find out if anyone there can give me a bit more to go on.

I hope you all have a really good day. Talk to you soon.

• betrayal

Illinoislady, hope someone can explain PET scan results to you. Glad that your ECHO showed positive gains as well. Hope Lil' Red can convince Jo's does he is not an interloper but a new playmate. Regan loves Banjo but not my DS's dog, Maggie, who is taking up residence with DD.

Made a reservation to go to A Taste of Britain for a belated birthday gift. I won't order the high tea because we have one scheduled at Kensington Palace when we are in London. I just am craving some British food and a scone with clotted cream and strawberry preserves plus a good cuppa. We took DD, DSIL and DGS there for lunch last year and they loved it.

PT was doable today with again the 5 lb ankle weights and butt kicks which will hurt later. I am nearly at 0 extension and will need to keep doing quadriceps sets to preserve it. I can do those while I watch TV using the coffee table to hold my foot or in bed as well. Only have more sessions before vacation so need to reach goals by then. I do realize it will take another 4-6 months before I feel close to "normal" and a full year to finally feel like I never had the surgery. My left knee is noisy and protesting some of the exercises so I will continue the meloxicam to decrease pain. I need to find a topical I can use since I can't use Voltaren with the meloxicam. However, I will purchase Voltaren while in Europe because it is so much cheaper there and is not the generic brand.

Today is sunny and on the cool side. I think I'll add a light sweater this afternoon because I am sure the restaurant is air conditioned. I'll take it though it feels more like fall and I do like summer.

May take a walk around the area where the restaurant is located because there are all these other small shops. The guy who appraised my rugs has a store there. I have a few more small rugs I would like him to appraise but that will be for later. He has reasonable charges and writes up a great appraisal report which includes photos for insurance purposes.

Thinking about a trip to Costco tomorrow so I can stock the freezer for DD and DSIL who critter sit for us while we are away. We reciprocate and now that their old dog has passed away, we'll be able to do it again. They haven't been away for the last 2 years because we could not handle him in these latter years. He was firmly attached to my DD and not tolerant of others though I held a special spot as "the treat lady" and when they brought him here he would actively look for me. He was just too big for me to handle at 90 lb.

Hope everyone's problems are little ones and that you can have a good day.

• cindyny

Hit the road at 10 this morning. More traffic than we thought we’d see. And we had 3 separate torrential downpours on the way. It was like being in a car wash, there was so much rain.

It was very cool, no swimming. But we were able to sit out on the deck and enjoy ourselves. A nice fire outside ended our night.
    Tomorrow is a boat tour of the lake and dinner at one of the restaurants on the lake.
    Tomorrow should be a little warmer than today. It was 57 when we started the fire.
    Enjoy your day!

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

cindyny, beautiful photos. I'll go there in my mind.

Carol

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 341

Illinoislady - hope you get the PET scan interpreted soon and that all is okay.

Betrayal - Leo is beautiful. I’m glad to see he’s keeping his computer skills updated. One never knows if he will need to pick up a side job to pay for his treats. 😀

Cindy - your time at the lake looks wonderful - enjoy!

• betrayal

cindyny, great pictures but I would never go in that lake, much too cold for my comfort, but then I wouldn't go in the Pacific Ocean either. Have fun it looks like a great place to chill.

harley07, hope you are feeling better and that last chemo goes as planned.

Ran to Costco today with out son and it was much cheaper, LOL. I bought foods to stock up freezer for DD and DSIL to feast off while we are away. They should be in good shape since most are heat and eat either in microwave, toaster oven or regular oven. Bought some pork chops not realizing they are thick cuts but great for stuffing. Sliced 2 in half for tonight's dinner which will include white corn on the cob and watermelon salad with goat cheese crumbles and balsamic drizzle. Got a large Beef Cottage Pie for dinner tomorrow and if DD and DSIL don't stop over it will last us several meals. Wish they would not make it with a bottom crust because that is not the way the Brit's make it.

Had lunch there because I love their cheese pizza and always get a slice. DH got the hot dog special. Then we both had a soft serve ice cream, me chocolate and he vanilla.

Lunch yesterday at the Taste of Britain was wonderful. I had Welsh Rarebit with a side salad and DH had the same but opted for the tomato gazpacho. Both of us had the blueberry peach crumble scone with clotted cream and strawberry preserves. I had the Scottish Highlands tea and he opted for Irish Breakfast tea. We bought some scones, clotted cream and loose tea for home. I got my PT a scone and will take it to her tomorrow (it is in a sealed plastic bag); it is the blueberry peach one.

DH had an early MD appointment yesterday so he woke Reagan early for her walk so today she woke us early for her walk. He started to complain and I reminded him whose fault it was that her clock was off. I'm retired and I want to sleep in or at least past 7:30 after years of being up as early as 4:45 am. I do not do early morning visits of any kind if at all possible.

Sun is out but slightly overcast. Low 70's and very pleasant. Did laundry yesterday afternoon and am doing load of towels now to finish up. Hope everyone has a great day.

• 1946taco
    1946taco Member Posts: 281

Betrayal - I'm sorry but I've forgotten where you are going. Scandinavia maybe?

Cindy - looks like a lovely place to be. It's over 100 degrees here now and it's 9:00 pm. Right now needing a fire sounds very attractive.

Next summer we're going to have to figure out somewhere to get away. The heat's been especially hard on Ken and Mutz.

Recovery going well. Played bridge yesterday (and tomorrow) and met Maureen for coffee after PT today. Sitting with my leg "dangling" is still painful though so I was glad to get home both days.

Anyone heard from Sandy or Chris?

Marge

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,074

Taco, good news that you're doing well after your surgery. I started learning to play duplicate bridge about 10 years ago, then stopped to devote more time to my mother. This summer I started reading bridge lessons on my computer again and am playing with robots/computers on bridge base online. It's good mental exercise.