Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 37,966

It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal or strikes out against injustice, he or she sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.     -Robert F. Kennedy

• illinoislady

Back later after I run to the store and Dr's office. See you then.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609

DH had a free entree coupon for a local restaurant that only does breakfast, lunch and brunch so we went to use it before it expires. He had Grande Huevos Rancheros and I had the 1/2 Cosmopolitan salad (chicken salad with craisins, grapes, walnuts and greens with citrus lemon vinaigrette) and mac n' cheese side. It was delicious but it seems when I eat restaurant salads my GI tract goes into rebellion. Happened after I ate part of DH's salad at the Capital Grille and again today. Both dressings were a form of vinaigrette so I may have to avoid salads on our trip. I can eat salads at home with no issues though. Sorry if this is TMI. Gut hasn't been the same since my bowel resection surgery.

Illinoislady, hope you get good news on PET scan results. Lil' Red sounds so cute and at his current weight I have 3 cats who outweigh him! Tawny is the heaviest at 13 lb and the other two weigh around 8.5 lb each. What will he weigh maximum?

Harley, sorry you could not get the last dose of chemo and hope your numbers improve so you can get it soon and mark it done in your check list.

I won't have internet access while in Europe to be able to read so I will have a lot of catching up to do when I return.

At PT on Wednesday, I met someone who had her knee replaced a week after me. She was complaining about continuing pain and swelling ( part of the recovery and ongoing for up to 6 months or longer for some) and mentioned her orthopod doesn't believe in post-op PT. She just started PT at 7 weeks post-op (I started at 3 weeks) and was bemoaning the fact she can't resume playing tennis yet! Said her incision was tender to the touch (as is mine with some textures). I think I know which system she used for her surgery since I approached them first and was turned off by first the surgeon who knowing that both knees were bone on bone, and I was having ambulation issues dismissed me with "wait to have surgery". They also present you with a handout on PT exercises to do on your own and do not order out-pt. PT. I contacted my PCP and she recommended the orthopod I used. I tried telling the woman that it the norm is 6 months before some of the SE's are minimal and a year before you forget you had the surgery. She did not want to hears this and insisted she was told she could resume tennis at 4 months post-op. My PT called out sick today so I will ask at our next visit how it ended.

So do I love my PT? Absolutely because I was scheduled to be discharged today but she had the receptionist call me to reschedule for Tuesday. At first I was reluctant because her Tuesday appointments are from 12 -8 and I was not originally on this schedule. Then the secretary tells me that she didn't want another PT to discharge me because they don't know me and she was willing to come in at 11 AM on Tuesday to fit me in. I didn't want her to have to do that but she was insistent about being the one to discharge me. So I will rearrange my schedule and go on Tuesday. Then Misty spills DH's coffee all over my PT handout for the trip so I am asking her to send it to me so I can print it. All 14 pages bear evidence of the coffee spill and smell.

Plan for today was to finish living room and dining room and start to pack non-essentials. I need to get a start on this. So I am waving hello to everyone, hoping recovery and aches/pain are minimal and that you have a good day. It is overcast here, in the low 70's and the promised rain has yet to show. We need it desperately so I am hoping it isn't a total wipeout for the weekend but we get enough to offset the drought.

Happy Labor Day weekend to those who won't check in over the weekend.

• illinoislady

It is 92 just now. Hotter than I like it but I do see our flag flapping pretty good now and then outside, so I hope that means we have enough breezes to make it tolerable. Likely do banking tomorrow in the morning. Too hot to make Red stay in the car today too much.

Sorry you had to wait on your PT release, but I think it really sounds like she wants to follow you closely and make sure all bases of your care have been covered and probably to give you a green light where she is concerned when you get home from your trip.

I love salads and I prefer to make mine at home myself. Just mainly to have full control over what goes into it. There are minor amts. of salt, but in a restaurant, you really are much more at the mercy of where they get their supplies and what they might use as far as flavorings etc. If out with others I will order salad and be cautious in my use of dressings. I really have gotten to where I don't use near as much salad dressing and like the stronger flavor of the lettuces and veggies toughed lightly with the dressing. None of the flavors are covered up very much and I'm far happier — just had no idea I would be.

Hmmm, it is getting a bit darkish out and I'm wondering if it will rain or something. Anway without further ado, my Pet Scan stayed gray. No sign of pink anywhere. My lung nodule is now NED and hopefully will stay that way. In four months, I will have a CT to see if things are staying stable. It is certainly high on my hope list that ends up being the case. A further bonus is that in having this scan with no changes at all, my mammogram scheduled to happen in less than two weeks should be fine as well. My Pets are done from top of head to thighs — so my whole chest was gray — which should indicate a good mamo result as well.

We had Red with us and three ladies, and the Dr. came out to interact with him. He seems to 'steal' the show whenever we take him out and I told Dr. K that he was my good luck charm.

Harley I'm sure its exasperating to want to GET done and then have things put off again. Hopefully though you can use the time to capitalize on good times with family for now. I do hope though you can get that last one done so you too can move on.

Betrayal, I sort of feel for that lady you talked to who has the somewhat different program and it sure sounds like she wasn't given the best information at all. I can't imagine thinking you will be able to do something so soon. Well, maybe you can actually do it — if you are willing to have a whole lot of discomfort and pain and likely feel almost as disabled as before you had your surgery. I'm also wondering I guess why she got a yes (maybe a different surgeon from the same group) for her surgery and both your knees as bad as they could be (or so I thought) and you got a no. Just interesting. Anway, I hope she is able to go with the flow. She will find out just what it will take on her other knee if she ever needs it done and if she is a tennis player she likely will.

I'm thinking of all of you, posting or not today. Hope you stay well and continued prayers for Puffin.

• cindyny
    cindyny Member Posts: 1,276

I’m behind. I’ve read but took no notes.

Thursday I went for a good walk with gf’s at our local park. It was nice and cool, no humidity. I swear the longer a walk, full of conversation is just so enjoyable & energizing. I went to the post office, the bank and picked up some birthday cards too.

Once home I was full of energy, so I started to clean out my enclosed front porch. It’s been a catch all for some time. And when it’s hot, it’s pretty unbearable. In other words, it’s ignored more often than not. With cool temps and little to no humidity, it was time to tackle it.

We had books stored under a coffee table (my moms that no one wanted) from when we emptied 2 upstairs bedrooms for painting ..oh, 2 summers ago! I went through them and forced my partner to look at what he really has.

Books: Ones to keep (baseball, hockey, history, blues) went back upstairs. A lot of books bought for the kids, will now be shipped to grand kids in Texas. We thought about delivering them but I’ll bite the $$ bullet to mail. I weighed me, and then me with the books. About 42 pounds, so I rounded to 50 and it should run about $30-$35. Then I had a pile of medical books, outdated of course, but useful at times. As it happens the library takes donations on Thursdays and I got lucky it was Thursday. Off to the library they went!

We ate dinner, I grilled some salmon that was delicious. And we made an appointment for 8 pm to get our covid shot, the newest one. We have a CVS not too far from us that is a 24 hour store, hence 8 pm appt.

Covid shot report - we didn’t sleep great, partner felt off yesterday, he had lack of energy, just not himself. I think I was ok but both of us still have sore arms; I think the lump I had at the injection site has gone down.

Yesterday was the day my new water meter was to be installed. So we had to stay here between 12-3pm. I went back out to tackle the front porch again. Partner went outside to trim the back yard. I got a lot done but there is still more to go through. As it was approaching 3 pm I called to see if they were delayed and am I still on the list. Well I wasn’t on the calendar, not for yesterday nor for next Friday. The woman I spoke to earlier in the week took all my information plus cell number. The woman I spoke to yesterday asked who I spoke with. I never asked her name, just trusted her to do as she said she was doing. UGHHHHH I’m now on the calendar for Wednesday 12-3. This woman’s name is Olivia. It wasn’t a total waste of a day, porch work, but I’d prefer not to be forced to stay here waiting on a no show.

We have a party tomorrow - Labor Day celebration and early 70th bday. Monday is a big labor picnic, unsure if I’m going. Tuesday is the wake/funeral for my gf brother. Wednesday is that dang water meter. Friday is a celebration of life for my cousin who passed. And school starts on Thursday here. Busy week ahead

Harley, another week and it will soon be behind you.
    Jackie, super results on the PET scan.
    Betrayal, you’re packing and preparing for a great trip.
    For everyone I’ve missed - Taco, Reader, Petite and more - you’re in my thoughts for good days ahead.

• Greatly blessed
    Greatly blessed Member Posts: 27
    edited August 31

Do any of you have social anxiety since you got diagnosed? I'm anxious when I'm around people. I'm trying to work on getting better with it. I have started socializing more lately. I don't feel as I can let go and enjoy. Do y'all have any suggestions.? I'm stage 4 with metastasis to bones.

Thank you.

Shirley

• betrayal

Greatly blessed, I don't have an answer for you but hope someone else may have some suggestions for you. Has this been since 2016 or just since your dx in 2020?

I have been packing today and it is not a process I enjoy. Trying to figure out a wardrobe that will work in 3 different countries and different temperatures is a real challenge plus it is for 25 days. We are trying to locate laundry facilities that will be convenient to our hotels or if through the hotel, not insanely expensive. I'd say I am 3/4's of the way done. Packing prescription meds is a real pain with TSA wanting them to be in original containers and with the 90 day prescriptions now the containers are so large so they take up more room. I am packing my supplements in baggies and if they confiscate them, so be it. I pack meds so that I can discard the containers at the end of the trip.

I also have to pack clothing that requires minimal care since we will be living out of our suitcases for the most part. I had bought a new suitcase and am discovering that it is less spacious than the old clam shell style so toiletries and clothing are in the same compartment rather than separated. I really don't carry much that could leak but will wrap them in plastic anyhow. Can't locate my rain jacket and have no idea where it got stored since trip a year ago. We will need a sweater for the Alps in Switzerland so I am packing a sweater I bought in Iceland. Trying to restrict wardrobe to blue or items that are multicolored to wear with navy, jeans or black slacks. Packing something dressier I can wear to a more formal setting but not formal wear per se because I don't have space for it. Trying to coordinate jewelry with outfits as well and think that is pretty much done.

Misty and Leo thought playing in luggage was fun and they switched between old one and new one until I closed new one. Both have to be wherever I am.

Tired now and have big plans for things that need to be done tomorrow so I will say goodnight to all.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,074

Today was our final Saturday as vendors at the farmers market. If we're in good health next spring, we'll come back. We'll stay here in MN through most of Sept. if the weather is enjoyable. Then head south.

The Labor Day potluck was tonight in the resort. There was a lot of food. It's getting dark now but a corn hole competition is still going on. I think the plan is for a tournament tomorrow. I'm ready for everyone to head to their campers for campfires or whatever.

Tomorrow I need to do some tidying up in the camper.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

• cindyny

Greatly blessed, sorry no, I haven’t had any social anxiety. My only anxiety arose with major dental work. For that my oral surgeon gave me a script for 4 low dose Xanax. I think I still have 2. Maybe you could ask your doctor for something to take for the times you feel you need it.

I’m still working on the front porch. I stumbled upon 2 photo albums, so you know looking through those slowed me down. I threw out a lot of greeting cards. I had them from my retirement, over 10 years ago! Why do we/I (ok just me?) keep them? I’d be lying if I said I threw them all out. I kept ones from deceased family. I know I should throw them all out but can’t, yet.

My partners sister was planning to sell her house. She did a deep clean & toss - of even photos. She said she kept family photos, but tossed all photos that didn’t have family in them. Whittled down to a shoebox! I don’t have it in me to do that. I’m betting she doesn’t have a pile of old birthday cards hanging out. Haha!

Carole, it’s sad as the summer slips by and you attend your last farmers market for the season. Fingers crossed for good health to return next season.

I should have bought a pool closing kit today but didn’t get out. It’s that time of the year. I looked back at my calendar, closed it on 9/17 last year.

Cool weather today, going up to 87 tomorrow.

• 1946taco
    1946taco Member Posts: 281

Smiling at your descriptions of fall coming. Early mornings in the mid-upper 80's and we will have more days of 110 ahead. But we won't have any snow!

PT will see me for another two weeks for strength and balance but said I could do anything I felt up to except swimming. So I played golf this morning - on our shortest tees but I was really excited to be able to do it. I was tired when I got home but not in any significant pain.

Harley - I hope you can get that final treatment in. I'm sure you are very frustrated to have it keep being delayed.

Greatly Blessed - have you talked to MO about your anxiety. I certainly have had to rely on a little chemical help to keep life moving.

Have a good weekend everyone. I suspect we will spend the rest of it watching golf, tennis, and baseball.

• keywestfan
    keywestfan Member Posts: 367

Greatly Blessed- I developed a whopping case of social anxiety after my hip replacement. I sort of froze when I saw people coming towards me-was embarrassed by the way i was walking. And I had it at other points in life- though I thought I was phobic or agoraphobic. I’ve been on an SSRI anti anxiety med for some months now -Lexipro- after resisting it for years and it has made a world of difference. Any anxiety is basically gone. This may be worth a try for you.

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,267

Good morning. Visit at the cancer center was good and not so good. My labs are normal. Arimidex is gone. yay! If my next bone scan shows improvement, Prolia will be gone. The bad part, my muffin tops are not fat they are ascites. C-Tscan scheduled for Weds. at 7:45.

• carolehalston

Taco, yay for playing golf the first time after surgery.

Petite, I'll have to look up "ascites." My medical knowledge is limited.

I started a low dosage of a happy pill in 2009 when I was diagnosed with bc. The name escapes me just now but I still take it. It basically changed me from an anxious person to one who puts worries aside. I tried a couple of times to stop taking it. My PCP says why stop taking it?

I am ready to stop showing up at the farmers market at 8 am every Saturday and setting up the tent and display. DH is ready, too. We did well in sales of his bowls but not quite as well as last summer. To some extent we have saturated the local market. People come by and say hello and tell us how much they enjoy owning the bowls they have already purchased from us. Occasionally they show up to buy gifts.

Almost without exception people passing our tent admire the bowls because they are lovely and varied. But the prices are too high for some people to think they can afford something beautiful but not necessary. Our main customers are well to do summer folks. After Labor Day they're gone.

An Amish community has a double tent next to ours and it is the biggest draw at the farmers market. People come in droves and buy the baked goods, canned goods, dry noodles and garden veggies. Also occasionally animals like a cage of baby rabbits one week and this week a cage of adorable puppies. Part of the appeal is similar to Walmart's appeal. The prices undersell other vendors selling some of the same products.

DH has enjoyed talking to one of the Amish men who plows his fields with horses and trains horses to plow. This man also has a sense of humor. He stopped and pointed to a little gnome dh made with a hat and beard and asked if dh had used this young man as a model.

Life can be interesting for which I am grateful.

Happy Sunday to all.

• cindyny

Petite, we had a family member who had hemochromatosis- too much iron in the blood (Northern European decent). Who I think ended up with ascites too. Hemochromatosis causes liver damage. She had her abdomen drained of the fluid and had a salt restricted diet. I’m hoping yours can be treated, and you can carry on with life.

• illinoislady

Let us learn to accept ourselves--accept the truth that we are

capable in some directions and limited in others, that genius is

rare, that mediocrity is a portion of almost all of us, but that

we can contribute from the storehouse of our skills to the enrichment of our common life.

Joshua Liebman

• carolehalston

I like today's quotation. It speaks to me.

• illinoislady

There are six principles of abundant living which, when woven together, produce a tapestry of contentment that wraps us in inner peace, well-being, happiness, and a sense of security.  First there is gratitude. When we do a mental and spiritual inventory of all that we have, we realize that we are very rich indeed.  Gratitude gives way to simplicity--the desire to clear out, pare down, and realize the essentials of what we need to live truly well.  Simplicity brings with it order, both internally and externally. A sense of order in our life brings us harmony.  Harmony provides us with the inner peace we need to appreciate the beauty that surrounds us each day, and beauty opens us to joy.  But just as with any beautiful needlepoint tapestry, it is difficult to see where one stitch ends and another begins. Sarah Ban Breathnach

• betrayal

Love the above author and have read at least one of her books. "simplicity--the desire to clear out, pare down, and realize the essentials of what we need to live truly well.  Simplicity brings with it order, both internally and externally".

After packing I am realizing I still have too much "stuff" and plan to pare down each of the closet I use when I return home. If I am not wearing it, I should donate in hopes that someone else will want to wear it. Some are "if I lose weight" type items and they are doomed, so donate now.

I tried one more sweep to see if I could locate my Columbia rain parka and voile, I did find it in the closet where I store travel items. So a sigh of relief that I hadn't lost it. It was hidden by a camera bag and I think it had been on top the bag I use as a carry on but fell off.

I will finish packing tomorrow as I am trying to decide if I take another pair of jeans? I have toiletries to add but they are last minute items. Based on weight I may add a quilted jacket. I aim for less than 45 lb. to be safe. I really do not enjoy packing especially when we will be living out of the suitcase for the entire trip.

Carole, it is hard to believe that you had your last market day. Where did the time go?

Taco, I am amazed at your rapid recovery and ability to play golf so soon. Kudos to you.

cindyny, hemochromatosis occurs in those of Irish extraction and I had a co-worker who developed in later life. It is sometimes referred to as the "Irish curse" or "Celtic curse" since it also affects Northern Europeans. It is genetic.

Carole, I do admire the Amish for many things, including their food, but not their treatment of animals. To them puppies are not pets but commodities. When their plow horses or carriage horse are no longer able to work, they are sold to slaughter houses. In PA, they are known to be disreputable dog breeders, frequently being raided and shut down by state officials. I love to see them plowing their fields in the spring readying them for planting though.

petite1, there are many dx that can cause ascites so I am hoping your physician can discover the cause and effective treatment is in short order. Fingers and toes crossed.

harley, hoping your numbers improve so you can get that last treatment soon.

I am being serenaded by Bumble Bee while I have the Paralympics on the tv. These athletes are phenomenal and I am astonished by their prowess.

Happy Labor Day. Today was originally predicted to be rainy and nasty so we had a picnic with DD and DSIL yesterday. I had made potato salad, baked beans, hamburgers and hot dogs, sliced tomatoes, and pickled beets. DSIL purchased a raspberry passion fruit cake that was delicious. So today turned out to be sunny mid-70's and low humidity contrary to the weather report.

Tomorrow is my last PT appointment and I have been doing the vacation exercises at home. My knees are stiff and a bit sore but I have finished the housework I wanted to do before we left. DH will vacuum for me upstairs to complete the job.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a Happy Labor Day.

• illinoislady

I stood still, paralyzed by the beauty and the magic of this moment. Everything stopped, even my breath. Like a sloth, I didn’t want to move. There was nowhere else I needed or wanted to be. Standing there absorbing the beauty of this place, I stepped out of time. In this timeless moment, I saw and felt the unity of all things. There it was all around me: the chaos of the natural world, silently woven into a tapestry of exquisite, perfect order. I felt at one with the trees, rocks, plants, birds, insects, squirrels, leaves, and water. A witness to this sacred scene, I felt humbled and blessed to be given this moment.

So, this is what the slow lane is about, I realized. Sipping and savoring tiny moments, stopping the clock and slipping out of time, feeling my own heart begin to synchronize with the rhythms of nature and being in the presence of the sacred. Not bad learning for a single visit. I can see possibilities here.

And then, the moment ended and time began again. Reluctantly, I headed back to “civilization”. I could hear the ever-present music of the freeway in the distance. Back to business as usual, the world full of cars, trucks and the people inside them; barreling towards their destinies at speeds too fast to notice life.

Judith Rich

• petite1

More labs came in ANC is up and CEA is up. Possible cancer markers or can be infection?? Hope to know more soon.

• illinoislady

How tremendously valuable is the power of joy and laughter to enliven our soul as we go forward to meet our goals. Laughter can lift us over the high ridges and lighten up the dark valleys in a way that makes life much easier. A happy heart generates a forcefield of love and joy in which doubt, fear, disaster, and dismay have no power to interrupt the universal flow of good. And in some instances, laughter has been considered to be a high form of prayer! Truly, when you are in the consciousness of the joy of spirit, you are praying from the very heart of your being.

John Marks Templeton Worldwide Laws of Life

• cindyny

Quick note, my house is freezing but it’s beautiful outside. I ran around opening windows to let the air & sunshine in.

Special report just came one, a shooting at a school in Georgia. Ugh.

• carolehalston

A mother being interviewed said her middle school daughter's main fear about returning to school was school shootings. What a horrible commentary on this country.

• betrayal

petite1, I hope the issue with the labs is nothing more than an infection that can be treated.

Final packing accomplished, suitcase is light than I anticipated so I was able to add a few clothing items. DSIL will drive us to the airport at 3 PM for our 7 PM flight. Arrive in Switzerland at 9 AM. I for one will be exhausted because I normally cannot sleep on a flight.

Been busy this morning and Fitbit is already at 3300 steps which is what I average for a day and it is only 1 PM. Towels are in washer and will dry and fold before we leave.

Hope everyone's issue resolve and that the next few weeks are peaceful. Glad to escape the news here for awhile and all the political ads.

Need to get back to work here, I have a few things to do for Bumble Bee and some items to run up to the bedroom.

Have a good day.

• petite1

I had the CT scan with contrast this morning. Now it is hurry up and wait.

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 341
    edited September 4

Petite - keeping you in my thoughts !

Betrayal - have a fabulous vacation. Like you, I cannot sleep on overnight flights, so I can relate to the exhaustion you will feel for the next few days.

Waiting on results of today’s bloodwork to see if I can have the final chemo tomorrow. ETA: chemo likely won’t happen tomorrow. Platelets are only at 64 and ANC is still at 0.8.

Went to a farm to enjoy their sunflower fields last week. Saw DH’s family over the weekend and enjoyed a few nice walks/hikes over the past few days with the cooler weather.

A shoutout to everyone else!

• illinoislady

Betrayal, I hope you will end up having a wonderful trip although I do understand lack of sleep on a plane. I'm always amazed by anyone who can easily doze off into seemingly peaceful sleep while being a passenger in anything. My Dh is one of those. Here's to your catching it all back up asap.

Carole, it is likely nice to be done with the outdoor market routine of the summer. All can be stowed while you pursue a few pleasures of a different kind.

I'm with Betrayal on the puppy mills that the Amish have. My friend Jo got one of their Yorkies from the Amish. The lady brought the puppy by horseback out to a designated area and while (I still think of the dog as Kimmey which was the Amish name given her) Leia is a neat little dog and seems fine. On the other hand my SIL's son got his large dog from an Amish guy and although he has kept the dog, it is a strange dog who is not very fond of men. No one has figured why, but he was sort of a really BIG puppy so we think he may have been a left-over puppy who just didn't get treated too well or something. He is not a friendly sociable dog, although he is not mean or inclined to bite or anything — just would prefer you not even look at him. and more so if you are hoping to interact. He is not interested or in any way desirous. Really a shame because he is a very pretty dog. White, and I think possibly a cross but I don't know what. I'm really upset with the family. They have their dog, one of the puppies he sired, and as well two kittens who should have been neutered and are now having kittens. No one in the house is neutered and I am highly upset over it.

Petite, I am staying in our pocket and hoping for only an infection along with decent CT results. I know it is hard for the waiting. I will say, even with a portal to get results quickly if you are not sure you 'get' what it in the report for sure, you might still have to wait.

We are having a pretty day here — about 82 degrees. We are not having temps too high nor too much humidity either. We have had a few scorchers for the summer, but overall, I can't complain. Also as mentioned, the cicada invasion this late Spring seems to have eliminated a whole lot of our bug population that usually annoy us most of the summer and haven't. I can't tell you when the last time was that I got a mosquito bike although the other day I did get those two extraordinarily small ticks off me. If I had not had to have them 'pulled' off me, I'd have never even realized they were actually ticks at that size. SIL said he took two off his bottom leg yesterday as well. Apparently, some did survive and are just now hatching or something. We have no idea where they are really originating although likely somewhere in our yard. I'm thinking deer ticks because the dog ticks are usually somewhat larger when they 'find' us.

I hope everyone has a really fine day.

((((Puffin)))). If anyone is checking your blogs.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,920

We have a heat warning. Temps in the low 80’S for two days. I can hear the rest of the country laughing hysterically

• cindyny

Betrayal, you’re on your way by now, enjoy!

Harley, chemo can wait a week. I’m glad you’re out and about taking advantage of the break.

Jackie, sounds like your weather is good. We’ve had cool nights and warm days, which I love. But I did buy the pool closing kit knowing it’s changing into fall weather sooner than I’d like.

Petite, from BC dx we all know the “hurry up and wait” game. It’s always the worst! As Jackie said, we’re in your pocket.

Carole, I heard it was a 14 year old who was the shooter.

Wren, I can’t remember where you live! Low 80’s are great, with low humidity and sunshine even better.

The town showed up timely, and replaced the part on our water meter. It took all of 15 minutes max. The tech said he thought the office was having issues with setting up appointments - how I never got put on the calendar. It’s done, all good

We went out to the deck to read and it was so nice, we both got our bathing suits on and got in the pool. Even with cold nights (49 I think) the pool with solar cover was 82.

We had to hustle out of the pool to meet friends for dinner. Otherwise I think we’d have stayed in much longer.

Tomorrow’s weather is supposed to be a repeat of today - cool morning with warming sunshine. I hope you all have a good day tomorrow!

• 1946taco
    1946taco Member Posts: 281

Betrayal - have a fantastic time but don't try to do more than is comfortable. I only had a partial knee replacement so recovery is much faster. They had me on the weight machines on Tuesday.

I'm spending way too much time watching tennis added to my usual activities and PT.

Hope everyone is having a good week.