Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    edited July 2010

I have been having yet another argument with DH, after 9, absolutely peaceful days away from him ! He always seems to want to disagree with anything at all I say or decide...one day I just might smother him !!

Today I asked him if he would drop me off at supermarket, and pick me up an hour later, as he was passing, and as I wanted a new ironing board, and no way would it go in my car. So far so good.   I want one of those big wide ones, about twice as wide as a normal ironing board is, and of course almost twice the price. I have one now that is just 10 years old, and is falling apart, so just a normal run of the mill update to me....but, NOT to DH. He saw the price stamped on the ironing board as he was loading it up, and threw a fit outside the shop...I really didn't know where to put myself, as it was a busy Friday afternoon.

Actually I did know where to put myself. I just turned tail and went into a greeting card store, at the side of the carpark, leaving him foaming at the mouth on his own ! I made him wait 'til I was good and ready to come out, and got the yell yell yell treatment all the way home. He has driven me potty all evening, on and on about something so stupid as an ironing board. I showed him my old one, how decrepit it was, and he was so sure he could 'mend it up'...just like the store of old furniture we have all waiting to be 'mended up' and brought back into the house, when there's no way on this earth I'd have them back inside, nor anywhere now, as its all been replaced with something different. I'm NOT to give anything way, at least thats what he thinks. Many a thing vanishes while he's out !!

He is sleeping on a 41 year old bed, PLUS original mattress, that belonged to DD as a child. He will not replace it. Luckily he sleeps in his own room so I really don't care what it looks like! His 'wardrobe' is a glass display cabinet I threw out about 25 years ago. He brought it back inside, knocked out the shelves, put in a piece of wire, and it became a wardrobe. He also has an old kitchen light fitting up on his ceiling, and 2 old kitchen chairs, and a big old hearth rug thats pitted with spits and spats from the log fire, and much too tatty to go anywhere but the dog kennels. I just pray no-one ever looks into this room, it looks as if a tramp lives there ! Last year he was found to be allergic to house dust mites. I bought a new mattress for his bed, and a new carpet and curtains. They are stuck in one of my dog kennels, blocking it up, he will NOT put them in his room, and I will NOT take the mattress back to the shop !!! He can wallow in his dust mites !!!

So todays outburst about my new ironing board was just another step in his little old make do and mend behavior !!! I shalln't change him now, but I am getting more than a little tired of a major argument if I replace so much as a lamp shade without a war. Actully I DID replace a lampshade last week....BUT I stamped on it and flattened it before I put it in the rubbish bin, and would you believe he had got it out and tried to straighten it, but he left it on top of the bin, just to show me he ALMOST did get it back into shape. I made the mistake here of putting it in the bin too early. The bin men come early Tuesday, so I have to throw anything I want to throw out after midnight on Monday, when he's gone to bed, so its gone by the time he is out and about !! I have caught him many a time rooting thru the rubbish bin !!! 

Then my Dr tells me to start and 'take my life a little easier, walk away from stress'

Ha Ha Ha... She wants to come and see DH doing a fan dance just because I've got a new ironing board ! I shall be getting ironing boards morning noon and night now from DH for at least the next week. aaarrrggghhh.

I had a sewing machine delivered today, early morning, because I knew DH would be out. Got it rushed into my sewing room. Its a heavy duty one for jeans, I seem to spend a lot of time shortening jeans for most of the family, and am sick of breaking needles, despite using jeans needles. Hoping this new machine will save my temper a little !! Also praying that DH doesn't notice yet another machine up there !!!

Isabella.

• bcamnb
    bcamnb Member Posts: 334
    edited July 2010

Isabella, you are too funny!  After many decades, DHs are something else aren't they! Yes, my DH is a mender as well but I guess I am lucky in that he is obsessive....once he gets a bee in his bonnet, he doesn't quit til it's done. And that drives ME batty sometimes. Often the project (that will only take a minute - yeah, right) begins just before company are expected. Ah well..... strange what they take exception to though, eh!

Cheers from Canada,

C

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited July 2010

Thanks girls for your welcome , much appreciated.  SoCalLisa, I just adore your rose photos......they are my favourite flower.  I hope you don't mind but I save each one you post so I can go and look at them anytime I want.   love n hugs. chrissy

• Julia257
    Julia257 Member Posts: 203
    edited July 2010

Chrissy, very happy to meet you, mate, I hope you visit often.  I love the 3 best bud cats!  I don't want to sound like "dumb and dumber" but I have to ask...it is trick photography, right?  Wishing you all the best!

Bonnie, so sorry about that awful pain, I hope the Rheumatologist can kick it to the curb.

Granny, I'm not aware of a node oncologist, but I totally agree that you should see another oncologist.  You have to know what you're dealing with in order to fix it.

Jeannette, I hope the metabolism test shows that the tamox is working for you, good luck!  Love your garden, it looks like the perfect spot to meditate and love life.

Barbara, hope you had a great time dancing...one of my favorite things...I remember "in the old days" when I would dance so much, I would come home 7 lbs lighter!

Isabella, you deserve the Croix de Guerre!

Hugs all around!

• mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138
    edited July 2010

Granny Dukes if I were in your shoes and at stage I,  I would have them taken out as fast as possible.  I was told after my mx that all my nodes were clear as well as the margins. I had a lump in my R brst only. Had a double so I wouldn't fall over sideways when I stood up.  My bs said I was fine but see an onc anyway. I did, and since everything was clear decided to do nothing further but watch.  Last year at this time an us showed my liver completely full of tumors, with mets to lungs and bones.  At the stage you are at don't wait and see.  I am not happy about belonging to the stage IV club but I don't get a do over.  Take the best care of yourself that you can.              Hugs and best wishes.           Darla

PS my initial dx was in oct of 06 and recurrence in Jul 09.

• Julia257
    edited July 2010

Darla, I think your advice for Granny is right on the money!  Granny, don't you think this is good advice?  Darla, with my recent 2nd mx the .6 dcis was called non-invasive.  No nodes were examined.  Would your advice for me be the same?  I appreciate it very much.  My very best wishes, hopes and prayers I send to you.  Julia

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited July 2010

Morning Girls!  I love all of your experiences, and how you've coped!   Maybe if I go back-wards here..... Darla...Your advice was how we all think.....(I think!)  I have only known surgeons to take out the pin-pointed tumor, then lymph nodes....up until they find a "clear one".....Most always take out the Sentinal.....and maybe 2 others.  Those are tested, & if they are clear, then they are finished.  So frustrating for you GrannyD to have to go through this again?  And you need for your "team" to tell you everything about your surgery & your biopsy's and your cancer.  You usually don't have to have chemo, unless your Onco test shows you need it!   Radiation is to make sure they have gotten it all!  And no, you don't HAVE to do anything.....But our chances go down pretty fast, if we just quit!   And the Hormone drugs are a preventative....To know that I am doing as much as I can to keep cancer away, really helps me relax!   

And oh hey gals.....The Oncologist called & I passed the cyp2d6 test with flying colors! Tongue out! She said I am "An excellent metabolizer for the Tamoxifen!"..... Man, I have been worrying myself into a slump, thinking I had to give the T pill up, & move onto something else!    I am so happy about THAT!!!!!!!!

Miss Isabella.... Would it be possible for you & I to ship our 2 DH's off to some sort of "boot-camp" where they would learn how to be ...shall we say NICE?????????  I hate the moods, & the out-bursts, & their macho-controlling-never-ending tirade's!  But mine does it only after he has had too much to drink...which is like every afternoon.  So I pick up my TV tray, with dinner on it, move into the bedroom....take my crochet stuff, & spend the evening in there.   Yep, I sit on the bed, & ignore that miserable, lonely, mad critter in the living room!  Sounds like it's "time-out" for me, right?  And it is.....but when I yell back, all hell breaks loose!   We just gotta figure it out on our own.....& cope with this, the best way we know how!  Man, it just doesn't get any easier!  Thank God I have my gardens to go fool around in.  This morning he will wake up like nothing ever happened!  At least I have that!  And I love him to pieces when he is so nice!  And it don't do no good to thrash it all out again when he is nice...because he KNOWS what he is doing....and today, he'll probably lay off the beer .....for awhile....And YES!!!!!  I buy stuff too, & run in the house when he is out, & put it away, ha!   But it is with MY money....!   Geez, they think they have to monitor our spending & breathing habits!   Some of these Husbands when they get older, hang onto "their stuff" with tooth & nail!  They act like their "old raggedy stuff" is attached to their heart & soul!  So Isabella, I KNOW!  And just please don't smother him.....yet!  I haven't, but I have kicked that thought around a little!  Wink

I love when you gals talk about your pets!  They DO have their own personalities, & I think that's what makes us love them so much!  I tried to give my Daughters' oldest cat her little pill yesterday, because she is in Orlando....So I first tried hiding said pill in the cut up chicken.  Well she only "thought" about eating it....Then I thought, Okay, I will try & hold her in my arms, like Janie said, & force her mouth open, & pop it down her throat!   When I put my little hand on her little back, to kind of hold her down, SHE WENT INTO THIS FRENZY OF HOWLS & HISSY FITS & SCREAMS & YELLS & SHE TOOK ON THAT ATTACK STANCE, WITH HER TEETH HANGING OUT.....And good Lord, it scared me to death!  My ever surveillant Husband said, "You shouldn't do that."   So I didn't.  I put that pill back in the chicken bite, & she DID go in the kitchen to sniff it out.... She growled when DH peeked in there!  Such a fiesty little brat!!!!   I told Daughter, & she said, "Well, she let's me do it"....And then said "They are high maintenace cats!"...ha!  I said I KNOW she doesn't have her front claws, but she has TEETH!!!!!!!!!!  HOLY CRIKEY, SHE SCARED ME!!!!!  Now THAT is a problem child!   Her cat is not very friendly anyway, & she growls whenever I try & pet her.....always has!  No matter WHO tries to pet her!  ....No....time-outs don't work with her.....Neither do lectures!   Holding her head under water helped some............  JUST KIDDING........... HAH!  That was funny. 

Okay....I'm going out in my garden, & wait for DH to get up, & then we pretend like nothing happened....with a sweet smile on my face.....(no, I don't go THAT far!)   Love you gals! xoxoxo

• Julia257
    edited July 2010

Congratulations on being an excellent metabolizer Jeannette, good on you!!!

• Chevyboy
    edited July 2010
    I know Julia!  I feel like I did it myself, Ha!  Thanks!  Maybe it has something to do with all the supplements I am taking.....I just know that I have or had very few SE's, if any, & that's why I thought it would not be working!  Maybe all the vitamins have helped! 
  • FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited July 2010

the nytimes article changed my mind...im still in the dark..deff.going to an onc.i never saw 1.dr #1 or dr #2 never sent me ...so off to dr #3 and onc...lol..im not a happy camper.by then i know you girls will walk me through the next step along with friends and family.

God Bless my sistas

K

• susgul
    susgul Member Posts: 104
    edited July 2010

Bless your heart Isabella.  I, too, have a husband that hates to throw things away.  Fortunately he has a large shed/workshop to store his "possibilities".  Drives me mad sometimes!

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394
    edited July 2010

I think it's in their chromosome.  DH is the same, but fortunately he has his space to keep his materials.  I can't stand his what we call bone piles (bones of future projects), and he's managed to mostly keep things tidy and out of my sight & way, and we have the space for it - Isabella, I sure don't think I'd do well with a new mattress shoved up against the wall, etc - I would be throwing tantrums myself!  You show remarkable self-restraint!

We call it the Lazarus complex; some guys just won't let things die...

If something like a toaster or an ironing board breaks and he knows it's broken, and doesn't fix it or see to fixing it in a reasonable time, I get a replacement.  Nonetheless, I can't see him having a tantrum over me getting something like a new ironing board; he'd just shrug and take the old one out to his man cave and figure out how to use it for parts for something else.  We've worked out a pretty good truce over the years, and in the same way I cook and sew and mend and hem and make do with in order to manage, he fixes and repairs and builds and invents.  He's saved us a fortune by being able to fix or make things and actually doing it, so it's sure not worth it to me to fuss much.   Both of us just try to contribute towards the general good and stretch the dollars where we can. 

But, we laugh because DH is the guy that won't let me throw away a ball point pen without saving the spring from inside, (he actually finds uses for them!) so he sympathized with Isabella's husband about the lamp shade.  We've had set-tos about dead lamp shades, and I've buried a few at the bottom of the rubbish bin myself. In fact I was planning this weekend to bury several junk items I've been gleaning & snagging the past few weeks, and maybe put some nasty garbage on top so DH won't be tempted to reclaim them....Laughing 

Have a great weekend, all!

Kathryn

ps:  Congratulations Jeanette! You give me hope!

psx2: I want to thank Mandy 1313 for speaking to GrannyDukes.  

• mandy1313
    mandy1313 Member Posts: 978
    edited July 2010

Hi all!

I haven't written for ages but I have been lurking and trying to keep up.

I just wanted to comment to Grannyduke so I am de-lurking or whatever is the correct term.

Grannyduke: You are right on the money about not having more lymph nodes taken. They have already taken a sentinal lymph node and found that it is positive for cancer.  The latest research shows that taking more lymph nodes does not help with survival. The New York Times had an article on this on June 8, 2010.  "The study presented ... involved 991 women who had had lumpectomies, radiation therapy and a positive sentinel lymph node. Half had the other lymph nodes removed and the others did not. After five years there was no difference in survival or disease recurrence between the two groups."   I was lucky and consulted at a major cancer center in 2008 where they did not insist on taking more than the sentinal nodes since it would not change my treatment.

But the gals here are right that  since you have a positive lymph node, you probably need some more treatment of some kind---an oncologist is the one to advise you on that. I had CMF chemo and rads following my surgery.  I do not know what would be suggested for you.   I know I have private messaged you about this, but I just want to support you in public about your decision not to have the further lymph nodes taken out unless it will in some way change the treatment or do something positive for your survival.   I did alot of research on this two years ago before making my decision and consulted at 3 major cancer centers.

Years ago, they just automatically took all of the lymph nodes, even for DCIS. Then they discovered that they could find where cancer traveled and only take a few sentinal nodes and that would solve the problem for node negative women, but for node positive women they would remove the axillary nodes.  The latest research shows just taking sentinal nodes is also appropriate for some node positive women. I think that is all that Grannyduke is trying to say and that she thinks she is one of those women who does not need more nodes taken.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend. I am getting ready for a trip to Italy on Thursday, July 29th.  We are just over for 10 days and come back home on August 9th. My family has had me make all of the arrangements with little feed-back from them though I suppose I will hear all about it when something does not work out. But it is a treat. My hubby and older daughter and I will fly over together on Thursday. My younger daughter, who has been at a study program in Italy all summer, will join us on Saturday when her program ends.  This is our first family vacation in years and so I am really excited about it.

Cyber hugs to all,

Mandy

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited July 2010

Add my DH to the list of husbands who won't toss things when they need to...yikes..

we have no basement, attic or shed for all the stuff..our garage is a disaster...

grannydukes..I went through 3 surgeons til I found one I liked, 3 oncologists, 

2 radiologists and 3 gastros ...don't stop til you find one you like...

• bcamnb
    bcamnb Member Posts: 334
    edited July 2010

Haven't time to find the like right now but remember the article that said sometimes cancer in the lymph glands tests differently than the original BC and therefore may require a different treatment? The med team would need to know what they have in order to treat it properly....

xo

C

• mandy1313
    edited July 2010

Lisa, I'm with you---I went through 3 surgeons and a couple of oncologists.  You don't have to stay with the wrong doctor. 

bcamnb, I don't know what study you are referring to. But you probably did read that somewhere. Cancer treatment changes and has changed over the years. And every person is different.   The study that grannydukes and I refer to came out in June and made it pretty clear that in certain (not all) cases, it is not an advantage to have further lymph nodes beyond the sentinal node removed. It said

"The study presented here involved 991 women who had had lumpectomies, radiation therapy and a positive sentinel lymph node. Half had the other lymph nodes removed and the others did not.After five years there was no difference in survival or disease recurrence between the two groups."

So this is what Grannydukes is considering when she says she does not want more lymph nodes removed.   Someone else might make a different decision and that would be fine too. 

Cyber hugs to all

Mandy

• melissa-5-19
    melissa-5-19 Member Posts: 251
    edited July 2010

Oh what a bunch of wonderful minds here= we could start our own clinic and be kinder than some docs,oncs, and nurses we have run into,.Granny- I too think with positive nodes you need more treatment- we value you and want you here a very long time. I try not to influence others because I took the BIGGEST treatment for DCIS that I could talk them into and know that each one of us needs to do what is right  FOR OURSELF- having said that I try not to influence others with MY opinions, I know that my BS and my onc would share the opinion that you need more treatment-not more nodes removed.I wish everyone had the team I had and PRAISE GOD that I had the medical team I had.

Daisy is now called BUNNY- she is getting better and we are going to keep working with her.The Berners love her and she is learning to leave the Pekes alone.I had all 5 dogs sitting and staying in the kitchen last night-Why BUNNY because she is the energizer!

I spent a couple of hours with my sister today since I had to pick DH up in St Louis anyway- this is exactly what I wanted when I dreamed up this move--- to be close enough to see the sibs at the drop of a hat but to NOT be on top of them.

Mandy, Darla, C, Chevy et.al. Love and hugs- prayers to all my sisters waiting for results and having treatments- A round of hugs for each and everyone and a warm welcome to lurkers and drop ins and newbees. MissKitty

• socallisa
    edited July 2010

Hi there Mandy. long time no see...one of the CMFers...

I did not have radiation, but I had two radiologists ...one 

tatooed me but then I had a mastectomy and they cancelled 

the rads...the rad I ended up with was the one who saw that

they missed a small lump...saved my life actually...

I just love it when my jade plant blooms..the flowers are tiny, tiny

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited July 2010

SoCalLisa, how old is your jade plant?  I have a couple of huge ones and have never seen them flower...what do you do to them?  I'd love mine to flower, they are so delicate.  Hugs...chrissy

• mandy1313
    edited July 2010

Lisa, good to see you too. As always your photos are gorgeous. So is your garden if that is your jade plant!

Mandy

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 709
    edited July 2010

GOOD GRIEF THERE IS SO MUCH WONDERFUL CHATTER TODAY THAT I CANNOT KEEP UP AND I AM NOT GOING TO TRY. YEAH CB ON TAMOX RESULTS AND KITTIES AND PILLS-STICK THE PILL TO GUM STUCK AT THE END OF A STICK AND SHOVE IT DOWN THERE. I HAVE NO MERCY I KNOW. BUT I KNOW ENOUGH NOT TO STICK MY FINGERS IN A CAT'S MOUTH! NASCAR WAS ON TODAY AND I THOUGHT OF YOU MY LITTLE RNGH! AND ISABELLA, NEXT TIME, BUY A SURF BOARD INSTEAD OF AN IRONING BOARD-HOW FUNNY THAT YOU HAD TO STOMP ON THE LAMP SHADE TO GET IT OUT OF DH'S REACH. MY DDAD IS FROM THE DEPRESSION ERA AND HE HAS THINGS IN THE GARAGE THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT SCARY, BUT HE IS SURE HE WILL NEED THEM ONE DAY! HE PUTS "HOARDERS;BURIED ALIVE' TO SHAME. I HAVE GONE TO PUTTING THINGS IN OTHER PEOPLE'S GARBAGE AND RECYCLE CANS AT NIGHT SO HE CANNOT FISH THEM OUT! AND WELCOME LURKERS AND NEWBIES. MISS KITTY YOU HAVE THE PATIENCE OF JOB (JOBE?) SHAME ON ME IT DON'T EVEN KNOW HIS NAME BUT I NEVER HAD ANY PATIENCE ANYWAY. I AM STILL GOING FOR 'CUJO' AND NOW IT IS BUNNY??? I AM GOING BATTY BEING LOCKED IN THE HOUSE DUE TO THE HEAT HERE ON THE BEACH. AFTER THE NEAR DEATH CHEMO, I CANNOT GO OUT IN THE SUN AT ALL WITHOUT BREAKING OUT IN BLISTERS. TRIED THE VAMPIRE THING TONIGHT BUT TEMPA ARE STILL AT 91 IN THE FREAKING DARK!! THE DAYTIME AIR IS 100 AND THE OCEAN IS DOWN TO 64 DEGREES (ICE CREAM HEADACHE). GD I WISH I HAD ADVICE ON THE NODE THING BUT DAMN, I AM READING THE RESEARCH PROVIDED ON THE POSTS AND I AM FINDING OUT THAT I AM SO IN THE DARK ABOUT SO MANY THINGS!! MANDY, SHARE ALL THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT TREATMENT AND SURVIVAL RATES. MY BRAIN CANNOT HOLD WATER RIGHT NOW. ON AUGUST 23 I WILL TELL MY SURGEON THAT I AIN'T DOING A DOUBLE MASTECTOMY-OH GOODY-CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT DISCUSSION. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT MY HAIR HAS GROWN ABOUT ONE INCH IN (FROM BEING BALD) IN 7 MONTHS AND I LOVE IT THIS SHORT. I PUT 'GOO' EVERYWHERE AND SPIKE IT ALL OVER THE PLACE. I JUST CANOT FIND HAIR BRUSHES SMALL ENUF TO STYLE. AND GD, I LOVE YOU AND PRAYING FOR THE BEST OUTCOME AND YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR BODY, NOT YOUR DOC!! ((((BIG HUGS AND SWEET DREAMS)))) SV

• mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138
    edited July 2010

Julia, I don't know it seems there are many conflicting opinions and a lot of different research so I suppose you and your onc need to decide which is best for you.

I think that is true for all of us, each case is probably unique and the tx should be tailored for that individual.  Best wishes in your dicision and yours as well GrannyDukes.  I will be praying for both of you and am sending you HUGS.   

Darla

• socallisa
    edited July 2010

About my jade plant, I have no idea how old it is because someone gave it to me over twenty years ago now..I have kept it in the same pot all these years and sometimes I remember to water it and heaven forbid, give it some plant food...in other words, it practically grows itself. I can't figure out just when it blooms, it just does every once in a while little teeny tiny pink blossoms..I guess i should take a photo with something else so you can see just how little they are...it is in a pot with a succulent of some sort..you can tell, I am no gardener...the plant itself isn't very big, maybe that is why it blooms..

• Julia257
    edited July 2010

Thank you Darla, I appreciate your response.  Onc and surgeon seem to think we can forget about the nodes since the dcis was found to be non-invasive.  I know I should relax and have faith.  But I can't get it out of my mind ...what if the non-invasive report is an error?  Extracting some nodes is a fairly simple procedure, granted the general anesthesia again is nothing to sneeze about.  My instincts have been right in the past.  I'll ask my surgeon again when I see her on Monday.  Thanks again for your advice.  Prayers, best wishes and hugs to you for your good health.  Julia 

ps. Love your name, what could be more tenacious than a Scottish or Irish bird!

• Julia257
    edited July 2010

pps.  Eureka!  I'll see if I can get other eyes, a second opinion on the slides!  I think that's what determines whether or not it's invasive.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    edited July 2010
    Granny and Lisa - definitely a second opinion is in order. Isabella, SuzQ and Lost_Creek - I too had a DH with packrat syndrome. Nothing I did or said could cure him so I put him in the trash. Problem solved. Lisa - My jade plant never bloomed either. Maybe plant food once a year is in order. StillV - try to keep cool and pray for no brown-outs. ChrissyB and I are trading funny pictures on a Funny Pictures thread under Humor and Games. Check it out.
  • Chevyboy
    edited July 2010

Morning Girls!  Lisa, is your Jade made into a Bonsai?  I was wondering, because it looks a lot like some of the Bonsai's my Mom used to grow!  After she passed away, I brought home this beautiful little "glass' tree bonsai of hers....Don't know how it survived the trip home, but I have treasured it for 11 years now...& it doesn't die,Ha!  I had these little "fairy" statues, & I just put them all together on a tile, & made my own "Pandora" from Avatar.....And the tree could be the "Tree of Souls!".....I just loved the premise of that movie.  But your picture reminded me of my tree!  My oldest Daughter even sent me a piece of a branch that had a "cocoon" on it, that she watched turn into this beauriful butterfly!  I forget what kind, something to do with "dog" in it?  So I have that cocoon in with the mix!   

SV....Races were pretty boring!  Today is the "big one".... Wink  And I ain't a gonna stick anything down that darn cats  throat!  I'm going again today, but I will just put those pills in her beloved chicken pieces, & hope for the best!   And leave the room!  Dear Daughter with the cat with the "social issues" is coming home Tuesday!   Whew!!!!!!!!  I don't have any news today!  That's good, right?  So take care gals!   xoxoxoxox

• mandy1313
    edited July 2010

Chevyboy: It's too late for this now, but the next time you are cat sitter for your daughter, have her get a transdermal form of the medication.  I have never been able to give my cats a pill---cats just don't like to be forced to do anything and it stresses them out. With the transdermal form of medication, it is made into a kind of ointment.  You put on a rubber glove (the kind a nurse uses in the hospital), measure out the right amount of medicine, and then just rub it in the tip of the cat's ear. It works fine, my cats like it (I pick them up and pet them before I go in for the ear) and it is less stressful for me than trying to pry open a cat's mouth and shoving a pill down.  But DD will have to plan for this as her veterinarian will have to phone or fax a "compounding pharmacy" such as Stokes Pharmacy in New Jersey.  'They will make up the medication and mail it to you....it is just a suggestion but it certainly makes my life easier since one of my cats needs daily medication. (I have 3 cats).

You ladies seem to have a green thumb and good photographer skills too.  I love seeing the photos.

Have a nice Sunday.

Mandy

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,371
    edited July 2010

Hi everyone.....nothing to add to all of the good advice --- but definitely granny -- you do need a good oncologist to help you sort out what to do.  SV -- no big complaint but writing in caps is yelling in computerese and though it's minor....I find it hard to read.  Sorry.

Lisa as always -- I saved the Jade picture.  I never saw a blooming jade though I had a lot of them myself....and my Mom grew them as well.  Stunning.

Lots to do.....see you all later.  Hang in there everyone. 

Hugs, Jackie

• lebrecht
    lebrecht Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2010

I need an explanation about that test you are posting about ,how you had to see if the Tamoxifen is working? Okay what is it? A blood test or? When is this done?  I suppose the ONC. who prescribed the pill?

GEEZ!  I feel so ignorant about all of this.

THANKS for the help.

Anne