Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 709
    edited October 2010

Hey H&S, we will wrap you in cotton and make sure you are waited on like the queen you are!! But I know how it feels to feel like so sick beyond words and ya just want you own comfy bed. Still, If you can manage, talk to your doc and get your Georgia Behind up here gal!! We do good chicken soup and plenty of health care if you do get ill-no wait at the hospital here on the OBX-we just get ya right in if you get dehydrated or ill. Lisa, thank you so much for the lessons-i love the photographer lingo "push the green thingy' (huh?) to make a collage. I mean how simple and like I take time to read the directions to anything-NOT! H&S-So sorry about "ittyBitty" not being ittyBitty. Big tears for lost kitties. Slept like a log last night for once and still not awake. Us AA gals are headed to Ocracoke on Wednesday for the 'AA Jamboree" and we are so excited!! And i am so disorganized-i have not even begun tolook for my winter socks and have no idea where they are hiding! I am going to try to catch a boat and get out fishing for king mackerel!! And crikey the weather has turned cold here!! Short note this morning-love to all, SV

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited October 2010

lol SV..I put on my bifocals and the thingy is a green thumbtack..that keeps the pix in the bottom

rack...then click on collage..

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2010

Marybe....If you have Picassa, select a picture you want to upload, then at the bottom left, click the little "green arrows"...That will "hold" that picture...Then select another one, & do the same thing.  You have to "hold" each picture before you click "upload"....Then you can "name" your album!   Next, you click "upload"...All the pictures you select will go into your online album!  Once there, you can view, "edit" to show captions if you want, then you can "share" with any email you want.  When you want to post a picture on here, click it again, which will enlarge it, then right click & "copy"...then start your post on here, & when you want to R. click & hit "paste"

This works with about any picture you want, if it is on the internet!  It won't work unless you upload your pics to an album...So select a lot that you like, & they will stay there in your own album forever!

Let me know if this works! 

This is the Owl family that's been all over the Internet...Live streaming!  "Molly" has had 2 clutches ....This pic is from the first, & the 4 little babies finally "fledged" & left their "home!"  Did any of you watch this?   McGee is the "Dad" & I became addicted to watching this little family hatch, grow, then fledge!  They were in San Marcos Ca.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    edited October 2010

Oh CB, they are so cute!!

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited October 2010

Molly and McGee, I watched them alot. I love Molly and McGee.

Such good parents and I recall being so worried when McGee would be out hunting and not return as soon as we thought he should. 

The best of the internet.

Ginger

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2010
    Oh my God I know!  I was always worried too, ha!  I turned them on first thing in the mornings, & then sometimes during the day!  I downloaded their songs!  I so enjoyed "peeking" at nature right before our eyes!   I wonder if Molly is coming back for a third clutch!   I got a kick of McGee "bonding" with her, as she was just TRYING to lay on her eggs!   And the "care" she showed her "owlets"....She was better than a lot of women with their kids!  Wink I took a lot of pictures off of my computer!  Did you see that tape of "Wesley, wake up!"  SOOOOoooooooo sweet!  Oh well, Okay..... I just miss them! 
  • heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204
    edited November 2010

Marybe - I loved the turtle story! And I know that's a good point - my son keeps saying Itty Bit will just show up when we least expect it. Finding a cat in a neighborhood with woods is like finding a needle in a haystack. Even when they're not lost, you can be calling them and they're just sitting in the woods looking at you.

SV - OBX sounds like a great place to be sick, if you have to be sick! I want to go so bad, it's been too long since I've been fishing and I've never seen wild horses on the beach! So I'm trying to build up my immune system. I've been reading up on how to boost my white blood cells - did you know zinc is important? It increases the production of WBC and has been shown to slow the growth of cancer. Why don't the doctors tell us any of this stuff? Crap, maybe if we knew this in the first place...

CB - I totally missed out on the owl family! I've watched the eagles in Virginia, and the pandas in Atlanta, but I missed the owls. You're right, Ginger - things like this are the best of the internet! 

• barbaraa
    edited November 2010

OK, for any of you folks who want to join us on the Outer Banks, here is the house we are getting. It had 6 bedrooms, a fireplace and a hottub (and a movie theatre and a foosball and air hockey table) . We plan to arrive on Friday 12/3 and leave Monday AM 12/6. Closest airport is Raleigh and it is a 2-1/2 to 3 hour drive to Duck. GD's train gets in around 5. I'm getting a car/van at the airport and will pickup whomever then off to the train then on to the beach. GD's train is out at 9 so we will be leaving early Mon. Just PM me with your info.

http://www.southernshores.com/rentals/property/993

• raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553
    edited November 2010
    Cry Im jealous, I wanna come. 
  • Gingerbrew
    edited November 2010

I am still in chemo or I would love to be included.  I hope you all have the best time ever telling stories, sharing secrets, maybe knitting, and most of all laughing!   Take some photos for us all so we can pretend we were there too. I have never seen the Atlantic and the Outer Banks sound fascinating. Are those sand dunes that the horses are pictured on?  I love those horses, I even have a barn where we are renting but no animals beyond a 14 pound dog!

GInger feeling a bit better today. 

• socallisa
    edited November 2010

wish I lived closer too

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited November 2010

As do I.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    edited November 2010
    lost creek congrats on good mammo . happy dance here in so. fla!Redsoxfa..  i sumered in Flamouth, most of my earlier life, patried in Hyanis, nd then mum and dad moved to the Island when i got married. so, till the late 90's kids and i spent summer in West Tisbury.. grew up in Natick, and Yes, still a sox fan! nice ta metcha..    light and love, 3jaysps.SV are they REALLY wild horses there?i've never heard of anything like that ! you're life is full of adventures..good, and bad. Just try to rember to take less risk Physically on your body now. we need you.. i, esp., have gotten so much from you.. and, we have other things in common, as well.. i know for me, that life is going to be slowing down considerably, with the MS progressing ( thank you chemo) ad my weakness from infections. a long time ago, i decided that i would do all i could do to keep going, and when i couldn't i would fill my life w/ ple who would allow me to "live" an exciting life vicariously, thru them.. you've been added to that list, fer sure!! a friend here did a long hike this summer, and had a pink ribbon on her backpack, for me, and a couple of other ladies,. so, that was wonderful. between the nightly emails describing the days journey, and pics, i really DID get to experience it.. no way could i ever do that one.. over hills, thru valleys, not in a wheelchair, and fer sure not on foot.  thanks for bringing us along in your'e life!! 3jays
  • barbaraa
    edited November 2010

Aw girls, we will have you with us in spirit and I am bringing the old laptop so will be posting pix of our exploits. Big hugs to all of you, 3Jays, Lisa, Bobby, Ginger, Rae, HnS, Jackie and dear Marybe and eveyone! I may do something I have been threatening to do, since I am a techno-geek. I'm thinking about a webcam of us sitting around the fire doing our hen fest. Now if some of you have webcams, we can have a 2-3-4-5 way hen fest! I can setup the website to go to then BAM we are hanging by the fire gabbing! let me get the tech stuff down and if you are interested PM me.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    edited November 2010

Wow, what a gorgeous beach house!  I too wish I could come but grandson's being baptized 12-5 and can't miss that!  Since he'll be 18 months old, it should be interesting to say the least. 

Anyhow, I'm so looking forward to the accounts of your adventures with SV on her home turf and tons and TONS of photos!

Kathy

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited November 2010

Wish you girls could all come with us.....its gonna be an adventure for sure.

im not a big traveler especially alone BUT this is my birthday present to MEEEEEEE....something i just have to do.

Life is tooooo short not to do what we really want to do...come on just do it............

• Gingerbrew
    edited November 2010

Zoe on Halloween

The cutest, happiest little chicken, my granddaughter!

Isn't she sweet?

Ginger

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited November 2010

she dont look real..what a doll.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited November 2010

Ginger, I want one of those!  Lovely.

• socallisa
    edited November 2010

She is a little sweetheart, Ginger

• susgul
    susgul Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2010

Ginger, she is just darling.

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394
    edited November 2010

Precious baby!  Can your kids make more copies of her?

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,418
    edited November 2010

I'd like two --- just like her.

Jackie

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 709
    edited November 2010

AWWWW-Gnger-I'd love to have her then be able to give her back to MUM. Beyond Cute1 And yes, these are wild horses that live in the sand dunes in Corolla. They run wild like the ponies of Chicoteague and Asseteague. They used to come down to our house when the road ended there but no more as it is so built up. They still live up in four wheel country which is only about ten miles from here. Google "Corolla Wild Horses" and you all can get a history. I lived with these animals for about five years, shooting pix for a coffee table book-then i was hit with cancer. There are about five herds run by five stallions right now and they live like any wild animal. In fact, they cannot eat anything 'horsey like" like apples and carrots cause they cannot digest it. They are generations (like 400 years) of learning to adapt to salt water environment. I SO wish that all of you would just drop everything and come on out!!! We will miss you all very much and take tons of pix. The house is a mansion really and one can have a vacation without even leaving it or going outside! Ocean is right across the lane! So, if you can arrange it, come on out fo rthe first reunion!! XXOO, SV

• barbaraa
    edited November 2010

Aw Ginger, she is so precious! Almost makes me want one.....NOT!!!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited November 2010

Ginger, that little girl is just adorable!

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Morning girls!  How FUN!  It sounds like so much fun to be altogether like that!  Wish I could join you all...Wish DH could be left alone for awhile, also!   I honestly think that between growing older, & the drinking, he just doesn't have any desire to anything anymore.   Yes, I know about alcohol being a depressant....And I know it makes him more dependant on me every day, but I'm in it for the long haul.   I can't do anything about it now....I tried once....But I guess we are just here for each other.   We always find something to do, and it's always together....guess I'm lucky for that, right? 

The beach house LOOKS like a mansion!  Yes, for sure, take lots of pictures!  I'll be thinking of all of you....SV...you are such a great hostess!  You will just make everything fun, I know!    Just don't go driving too close to the drop-offs looking for those wild horses!  Wink  Or take Dave along with you!   SOMEone has to chaperone you gals!  Or maybe not! 

Ginger, what a cute little muffin!  And she is all yours, just to play with & love for the rest of your life!  

Going for my 1 year mammogram today, then next week for the last appt. with the Radiologist, THEN I see the Oncologist, & then I'll bet I am DONE for another year!   Kiss

Okay gals....How fun to plan on your "dream trip!"  Talk to you later! xoxoxoxo

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,418
    edited November 2010

Jeannette -- thinking of you today.  Hoping for a good clear mammogram.  Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Jackie

• barbaraa
    edited November 2010

CB - Good thoughts and sincere prayers coming your way for the mammo. Gentle hugs, my friend.

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394
    edited November 2010

Good wishes for your mammo, CB!

I'm now scheduled for a couple big-time heart scans -- "just to be sure" that the rads didn't affect it.