Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• ccnani
    ccnani Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2009

Hi ladies, and I do mean "ladies". You were so kind to send me some answers to my concerns regarding this BC journey. Thankyou Illinoislady, for your thoughts and advice, I will take all this into my heart and mind. I will try to do this as gracefully as possible, though I have a rather assertive personality. I'm not exactly Your "lil old lady with gray hair type", I'm a rather spunky old girl, but let me tell you I don't feel as spunky as before DX!! I will try an attitude adjustment!!

Melissa, thankyou so much for your lovely story about you and your mother!!!! I don't know if my kids feel like that about me, but one can hope, right? You most certainly put this wonderful tribute to your mom out here where we can all appreciate hers and your struggle with C, and how much you loved and respected her. I know my kids are all very concerned, that they want me to start chemo ASAP, but they don't really want to know details and I guess I can understand why they wouldn't. They don't like me to be on the computer talking about this because they don't understand how there are all these fears, emotions, questions and decisions I needed to make, which I based on hours of research. They see this as pretty cut and dried. You do the chemo and you put yourself entirely in the hands of the docs. I on the other hand know better at this point.

All you ladies are dealing with the things that plague us during this fight and it isn't ALL about ONLY the CANCER. It is so complicated but I am learning from all of the wonderful women on these boards.  I guess the reality is that no one can truely understand us and what we are going thru except someone else who is going thru this.

• ccnani
    ccnani Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2009

Hi ladies, and I do mean "ladies". You were so kind to send me some answers to my concerns regarding this BC journey. Thankyou Illinoislady, for your thoughts and advice, I will take all this into my heart and mind. I will try to do this as gracefully as possible, though I have a rather fiesty personality. I'm not exactly Your "lil old lady with gray hair type", I'm a rather spunky old girl, but let me tell you I don't feel as spunky as before DX!! I will try an attitude adjustment!!

Melissa, thankyou so much for your lovely story about you and your mother!!!! I don't know if my kids feel like that about me, but one can hope, right? You most certainly put this wonderful tribute to your mom out here where we can all appreciate hers and your struggle with C, and how much you loved and respected her!!!! I know my kids are all very concerned, that they want me to start chemo ASAP, but they don't really want to know details and I guess I can understand why they wouldn't. They don't like me to be on the computer talking about this because they don't understand how there are all these fears, emotions, questions and decisions I needed to make, which I based on hours of research and adivce from other survivors. They see this as pretty cut and dried. You do the chemo and you put yourself entirely in the hands of the docs. I on the other hand know better at this point.

All you ladies are dealing with the things that plague us during this fight and it isn't ALL about or ONLY about  the CANCER. It is so complicated but I am learning from all of the wonderful women on these boards.  I guess the reality is that no one can truely understand us and what we are going thru except someone else who is going thru this" THING ". It's like the " Cosa Nostra ", " Our Thing "  Many thanks to you all and heres hoping that today will be a good day for us all. 

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited November 2009

Good afternoon ladies.  Hey, JO, you got that right on the coulda, woulda, shoulda.  Missed you and glad your back.

Lisa love your kitchen, it looks so clean.

Kathleen, you already are my friend and I want to keep you.  I love all you ladies. Talk about dumb dogs.  I bought an afghan hound years ago and that was the prettiest but dumbest dog I have ever had and high maintenance.  No more I will stick my my little weiner dogs, they are so smart and loyal.  Am on my 3rd one now, his name is chico.  The other two died of old age.  so sad.

Isabella, we have a pile of sand we are going to use for the garden to mix in and other things and all of our cats decided it was their own personal litter box outside.  stinky 

Lefty, I wrote to you over on the craft thread.  Thank you for introducing me to the plastic canvas.  I am making snow flakes, they are turning out really pretty.  It is a lot of fun.

Hope you all have a blessed wonderful week.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited November 2009

Welcome back JO.  I know you needed time off but you are such a valuable asset to these boards, that's all you can do is take time off.  In other words, this is a lifelong sentence for you.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,279
    edited November 2009

Spar....how fantastic...I have a Chico too.  He is a Puggle.  Dh fell in love with them when you could first get them.  They are only recognized mainly as a mutt for kids as they are easy on hair, hair loss, and dander.  We have always loved the little guy but he is and always has been just a bit on the hyper side.  Our last dog ( rescue ) was a Dachshund/Terrier mix.  If you had to say what Teeny looked liked you would say a long-legged Dachshund. She has bright sparkly eyes with a personality to match.  She seems to be part cat though....she bathes one of the cats that sit in my lap along side her and she jumps up on all their perches.....looks out the window just as they do.  I made up my mind a couple of weeks ago never to tell her.

We got our Chico in Chicago and that is where Chico and The Man was filmed.  Freddie Prinze was the star ( he ??? passed on, a suicide I think ) but he was Puerto Rican....so I joke about my little ( Puggles are all 20 pounders ) Puerto Rican dog. 

Jo you are so right --- since we all are NOT ever going to have the big C we start out knowing nothing at the very time we have been blind-sided and are about as upset and frightened as we can be.  It is such an un-welcome surprise that we don't realize how little we know till well after we have chosen what we THINK we should do about it.  Then good fortune and the Good Lord helps us find out way here.....and little by little or maybe  a lot we start to see how pervasive this disease truly is and what equal opportunities for everyone...young, old, weak etc. etc.  

A great many of my decisions were almost made for me, but the good Lord led me to some wonderful sources and astute, knowledagable medical people, so in the end.....when I thought about it I couldn't think of a thing I would change other than maybe chemo at a chemo center recommended by my breast surgeon instead of going to the V.A.  Having said that, I did not really get poor treatment though I sometimes felt that the V.A. chemo center was so used to dealing with men that they left me hanging a time or two....had more to do with just doing it all with a room full of men....seldom held conversations.....especially comparison ones. 

I have to get back to stuffing things in boxes for the auction house.  We have about three days to finish getting it all up there and what does not get there may have to be saved and go into a yard sale....done by a friend.  Don't like the idea but it's that or donations as I can't do a yard sale out where I live.  Could maybe figure something else out....but we will see how it goes. 

Will see all of you later. 

Hugs, Jackie

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    edited November 2009

Spar. I have 4 smooth sausage dogs, and 2 wires. I just lost 2 wires, within a week of one another last month, and the hole they've left is immense. The wires are so damned stubborn, and 'sing' on and off all day, you're never alone with a sausage. Always guaranteed to drive me nuts when I want an hours peace. I have a very tiny black and tan smoothie, she only weighs 5 lbs, so much too small to breed from. I literally cannot get out of the kitchen, and into the conservatory without her dashing thru my feet to sit with me. She's the only dog I allow anywhere else in the house but the kitchen. As soon as I get sat with my mug of coffee she's burrowing up inside my sweater, and will push her head out the top, and try to wash my ears ! I call her Plum.I can't trust her not to wet the bed or I'd let her sleep with me...but I can't...all my sausages have been really hard to house train, and most days one of them will make a mess . They just squat right infront of me, look at me, and say 'there you are, what ya going to do about that then' !!!!!! Good job I don't have any neighbours to hear me shout at the little devils.

Lisa, your kitchen looks well, nice colours you've chosen. I went for plain cream doors, but have put the old knobs back on. I can't find anything like what I want, saw just the thing in a mag. but unable to get similar locally. My old knobs just look so wrong ! Just started jumping the gun today, and making a start on my blinds. I need 4 and am making Austrians, but goodness knows when I shall finish them, well after Christmas I would think.

Christmas is coming up a bit too quickly for my liking. I have made a bit of a start and been on Amazon for some books. DS is getting a reference book on native British trees, he has just bought a property,which is teeming with mature trees, and he keeps asking me what they are...and him a farmers son!...so thought I'd get him a book so he can identify them himself. DIL is getting a book on coloured horses, she has bought 2, plus a donkey, since they moved. I've done the horse thing years ago, had 5 at one time, but too expensive a hobby for me, I'm a dog person, not a horse person. My DD has just bought her second horse, last week, a coloured one.She has been told not to ride, she has a horseshoe kidney, and wears a back protector in case she comes off. I actually sat there while her doctor told her NOT to ride, and what does she do, go and buy another horse. If I'd said to her 'why don't you get another horse' she'd have replied 'well I was told not to ride, so that would be silly' Ever the awkward one !!!  my ex-MIL's nickname for her, 'Maverick', is so apt. I still feel like giving her a clip round the ear sometimes!!

Rain seems to have gone, but its very cold now, frost is expected overnight, as long as its gone by the time I hit the road at lunchtime tomorrow, I don't mind. Am off shopping, want a plain white blouse...I must have loads somewhere in my ironing pile,..so really thats an excuse to go to town !! I have a funeral on Wednesday, found out a black skirt, and a black/white tweed jacket, and thought a decent white blouse would fit the bill. I shall have to spoil it though and put my black Uggs on, no way can I totter about in heeled boots nowadays !! So am praying frost will last so it looks as if I have put the Uggs on for warmth, and not because I haven't a cat in hells chance of driving, nor walking without help, in heels. I shall end up going headlong into the grave if I don't wear something flat !

Isabella.

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited November 2009

JO - welcome back!!!!

Spar - you are the best!  Hugs from me and my girls to you and your furbabies.  Funny story - years ago I had a miniature poodle who was very smart.  He got out of the yard and apparently was injured - one of his discs was broken.  When I mentioned it to the medical folks I worked with everyoe asked how old my weiner dog was!

Isabella - you lead quite the life and as I've said before seem to take everything in stride.  My family seems to have a great deal of trouble housebreaking dogs.  I think our Chow was housebroken but that is it.  Christmas is coming up too quickly - we only buy for the children these days (have for many years).  BTW wear the Uggs, falling into the open grave would be embarrasing to say the least!

Jackie - Freddie Printz did commit suicide but on the lighter side his son just had a baby girl with his wife, Sarah Michelle Geller (Buffy, the Vampire Slayer).  Baby is adorable - too bad her grandfather is not here to meet her.

Have a good day!

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,088
    edited November 2009

Today I caught up on ironing.  There wasn't room for another garment to be hung on the rack in the laundry room.  Thankfully, the iron and the ironing board are safely put away for another 2 or 3 weeks.Smile

• Isabella4
    edited November 2009

Carole...WOW...caught up with the ironing !! unbelievable.

I do wish I could get down my ironing pile...its a disgrace, BUT I remember, as a young newly wed, 45 years ago, I used to pile all my ironing up in a corner of the dining room, on the floor, and it was 3'-4' high THEN...BEFORE I had babies. I used to push it all into pillowcases and take it in the garden shed when expecting a visitation from  new MIL, so in awe was I of her uber superior housekeeping skills.

Isabella. 

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234
    edited November 2009

Too funny, Isabella to put in pillow cases and hide the ironing.   I have actually hung all items and put them in the closet.  Of course I forgot and saw a favorite  blouse and wondered why it was so wrinkled !!!    

• pj12
    pj12 Member Posts: 18,108
    edited November 2009

Hi Y'all,

Speaking of ironing and house-helpers... when we worked we had a woman who came in one day a week.  She cleaned bathrooms, changed beds, vacuumed and ironed.  I could NOT get her to do my shirts without spray starch (it makes me itch) so had to hide my clothes that needed ironing .  But she was a treasure  and I did not want to offend her :)

I have a pile of napkins to iron.  I got them out in prep for Thanksgiving and, mysteriously, in the drawer, spots have appeared on them.  So had to soak them in some bleach solution and line dry.  Florida sun is great for bleaching out stains.   I know they were clean when I put them away last!

I am plotting my T'day menu... things I can make a day or two before to save the last minute rush.  My mom had a hot roll recipe in which you made the dough ahead of time and kept it in the fridge.  Then formed your rolls, let them rise, and baked.  The kids all loved them and filled up on hot rolls.  Then, suddenly, one year a new recipe was instituted and the great rolls were never seen again.  Sadly, the recipe passed with her.

My husband's aunt, long gone, won a Betty Crocker cook-off contest with a pecan pie recipe so we always have that.  Way back it might have been unusual but now seems similar to many recipes on line. Gotta do a pumpkin pie too.   I'm still looking for pickled spiced peaches.  I really like canned cranberry sauce but I have very pedestrian tastes.. may have to make some kind of cranberry relish.  Do I stuff the turkey and risk poisoning everyone?  Does anyone remember the turkey dinner in the movie Accidental Tourist?  Love that movie!  I always make a fabulous sweet potato casserole... like dessert!!!  But maybe not this year, too over the top for our diet :(  We'll see.

DD and grandson left today to go back to CA.  I was almost normal while they were here.  I am beginning to suspect that any lingering illness/weakness I have is more in my mind than in my body.  So just have to get over it!  I still go to sleep thinking about BC and wake up thinking about BC... will I ever not worry?  Probably not until something bigger to worry about comes along :(

Wishing everyone a worry-free week.

Pam 

• spar2
    edited November 2009

Isabella, our first weiner dog was named drummer and he was very difficult to housebreak and he would get excited when you picked him up and squirt on you but chico has been pretty easy, if you see him sniffing around we just have to open the door and out he runs to do his business. Also it is so hard to lose our fur babies.  Someone ran over my angel (black & white cat) today. So have been pretty sad.

Carol, I do have to admire you for all that ironing.  I lost my ironing board when we lost our home and everything we had in the May 3rd 1999 tornado in Moore, Ok and now I just have one of those little ones you sit on the cabinet when I just have to iron something which is not often but when my son comes to visit he has to iron everything until perfection.  ( I think it was the 9 years in the military that did it)

Kathleen, I think you are just pretty special. You know weiner dogs are known for hurting their backs and getting paralyzed in the back legs.  Especially if they are very hyper and active which chico is.  We had a female named sheba and she was so fat and just layed around all the time and loved to be petted. 

Pam, I have been planning TG dinner too.  I am doing the turkey, dressing, potatoe salad, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, green beans.  My mom is doing the sweet potatoe casserole with the marshmallows all over it and a ham.  My daughter is doing deviled eggs, cherry cheesecake, and corn.  I think that is probably about it.  We will probably have store bought rolls unless I make a loaf with my bread machine.  Love to smell it cooking.

JO, we made a deal to keep on our feet, I'm keeping up my end. LOL  Take care with the stairs and that knee.  Patoo, good for you making JO feel obligated and you too.  Love you guys.

Jackie, I don't know what a puggle looks like but it sounds cute, is it like a pug and poodle mix? You made me laugh with not telling your dog shes not a cat.  I have one cat that for some reason chico treats her like a step child, he will protect all the other cats eating but if cocoa come to eat he uses his nose to back her up until the others are through eating then he will let her eat.  He has a real attitude toward that cat and I have no idea why.

Have dr. appt in the morning for lab, I hate getting stuck every 3 months and I only have one good place which the lab tech told me was building up scar tissue.  I am going to ask this time if maybe we could do it every 6 months for a while (then maybe yearly)  Can't wait to get this steel brace off my foot.  Praying it is healed totally when they x-ray it the 19th.  Am so tired of it and miss not getting to sleep in my own bed.

Hope everyone has a great week.  Talk with all of you tomorrow.

• mandy1313
    mandy1313 Member Posts: 978
    edited November 2009

I love this thread. You gals are so interesting and I love reading your posts.  I am afraid that at this point I have only 3 cats....my 18 year old dog died in September. So the house is a little quiet.  I visited my younger daughter at college this weekend...had a wonderful time with her.  And both my gals will be coming home for Thanksgiving. I am so happy about that!!!!

am off for a check up with the surgeon tomorrow...I have the most disorganized group of physicians....I went to them so regularly and not one of them gave me any follow up plan. I was the one who had to arrange for my internist to order the mammography. I feel as if I dropped into a large hole the second my chemo and radiation were over.  Anyway, I liked the surgeon the best so I scheduled an appointment with her tomorrow and I hope she can help me come up with some kind of reasonable follow up plan.   As you can probably tell, I am a little stressed out tonight. Sorry about that.

Have a nice evening.

Mandy

• pj12
    edited November 2009

Hi Mandy,

You should have a follow up plan!  Regular mammos, blood work with or without tumor markers, are you on Tamoxifen or an AI?  Scans as indicated, esp bone.  It seems unfair to make you be the one to keep track of everything.  If your surgeon does not want to do it all surely one of the others in the group would take over,  I've thought about having my internist follow me as it would be less expensive but am not brave enough to cut the cord with the oncologist.  We would all be happy to tell you what we are doing for follow up but that is not necessarily what you should be doing. 

Good luck tomorrow.  Be assertive!

Pam 

• GramE
    edited November 2009

Spar and Pam, I have an easy, do ahead cranberry jello salad that is excellent with left over turkey and/or ham:

Cranberry orange jello salad/dessert: 

Package of orange jello

Can of Crushed pineapple, drained ( drink the juice )

Can of mandarin oranges

Can of jelled cranberry sauce, chilled in fridge

8 x 8 inch or 9 x 9 inch square pan, dish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dissolve jello in boiling water.  Add cranberry sauce and use whisk to remove clumps.  I use a fork to mash as I put into the jello water.

ADD pineapple, oranges and chill until set.  Depending on how busy I am, I have cut the mandarin oranges into smaller pieces to "match" the crushed pineapple.   

you can decorate with mini marshmellows, orange slices or some greens.  Cut the servings into squares and put on some green lettuce.  OR put some ready whip or whipped cream on top as a dessert.

Can be made the day before.    

• GramE
    edited November 2009

ooops, drain the mandarin oranges also, but I don't drink the juice...

• illinoislady
    edited November 2009

Spar  ---  what is a Puggle.  Oh my !!!! He is a real treat though hyper too much of the time.  At nearly 5 years old though he can be fairly quiet as well.  He is part Pug and part Beagle.  His forehead wrinkles are not quite as pronounced at the Pugs and with the Beagle comes a little longer snout ( Pugs barely have a snout ) so Puggles usually don't have the breathing issues Pugs can have.  They come in several colors, but part of the reason we chose Chico was because he had lots of Beagle coloring....some of that sort of rusty red color.....sadly has faded now to a sort of strange darkish tan.  He has an over bite so his two lower side teeth (one on each side ) tend to stick out from time to time.  He is quite a character.  We got Poncho the Bichon-Poo ( which is Bichon and Poodle mix ) at the same time.  They are both good dogs for kids as they don't tend to stir up allergies....they don't shed much etc. 

Pam I'm hoping that one of these days you will wake up and be thinking of beautiful birds and morning bird songs and how good the coffee smells if you have a pot that turns itself on in the morning as we do here.  Then listen for the newspaper to be delivered, and make out a grocery list later on before you go to the store......and make a fantastic dinner and sometime after dinner right before you sit down to watch the t.v. discover that you haven't once thought about cancer.  I'm praying this day I have described happens for you very soon. 

Had a long day of blowing leaves and moving things to auction.  I need my shower.  I'll talk to all of you soon.  Your all in my thoughts and prayers though..

Hugs, Jackie

• kmccraw423
    edited November 2009

Spar - you are so sweet and so wonderful.  I love talking to you.  What's a puggle?

Pam, I agree with Jackie - you need more stress free days.  You are doing everything humanly possible and trusting in the Lord to handle the spiritual so stressing about cancer is only spinning your wheels.  Yes, I know its easy to say don't think about it and I feel for you but for your own peace of mind, try turning your mind away from it - in your mind just so NO.  Hugs and hugs!

Hope everyone's Thankgiving is happy and delicious!  Yesterday I agreed to make Thanksgiving dinner for family - I don't even cook!  Is this what temporary insanity feels like?

• Connie07
    Connie07 Member Posts: 446
    edited November 2009

Good Morning Ladies,

Need to ask..... does anyone have experience with a necrotic cyst caused by radiation and is painful?

Thanks, ~Connie

• illinoislady
    edited November 2009

Good morning all:

I copied, pasted, and printed out your recipe Nancy.  It just sounded so good and  totally love all the fruit.  My mother said when I was little (toddler) I always asked for more strawberries even though they were actually cranberries.  I'm a huge fan of oranges and pineapple goes with just about anything to me.  BTW --  I do love strawberries too.  Peaches, apples, plums, bananas....it is all delicious to me.

Connie...I don't have an answer for your problem....hopefully someone will ge on here soon who does. 

Kathleen....thanks for putting in the picture of the Puggle.  I'm not versed in the art of doing pics in a blog at all.  The Puggles are a really cute dog...the one in the picture must be a female.....has that serious look going on. 

I need to get to work....another long day of hauling auction goods and blowing leaves and a few other chores thrown in for good measure and to keep it all lively so I won't notice how much of a drag it is getting to be.  I'll be checking back later....

Jackie

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,088
    edited November 2009

I also prescribe a wonderful day for Pam when she doesn't give cancer a thought!  BC has done enough damage to all of us that we shouldn't let it invade our lives and prevent us from enjoying life's blessings.  I guess I'm an escapist.  I hardly think of recurrence at all.  I'm probably still in denial.  It doesn't seem real that a healthy person like myself grew a nasty little tumor that caused such a tumult in my life.  I'm pretty much into the one day at a time mode.  Which reminds me--I'd better go exercise!

• GramE
    edited November 2009

Yes jo, I have used the whole berry sauce and nuts, but it became a tradition the other way because of diverticulitis with the grandparents and it can get some fruit into kids by calling it "dessert"  - eat some dessert WITH your food instead of after the main meal.   

I am going to exercise my few brain cells that are left -  fun bridge game at the Senior Center.  Since I am one of the younger ones, I tell them I am "in training" to be old...     

I have a recipe for zucchini bread using pineapple, and another jello recipe with sour cream, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese and pineapple.   PM me and I can give to you.

• spar2
    edited November 2009

Lefty, I am going to make that recipe and would really appreciate the zucchini bread and the other jello recipe with sourcream too.  I love all that kind of stuff, so does my DH.

If that is a puggle, it is one of the cutest dogs ever.  love it. So makes me want to go out and get one somewhere.  Wish I could have a bunch more dogs.  They are so loving and giving and loyal. The puggle does have a very serious look on her face.

Kathleen, I happen to love talking to you also.

Lefty, the Christmas tree canvas has me stumped, I do it and then take out the yarn, just can't get it to look right but I will keep at it.  Love doing the snowflakes though.

Connie, I wish I could help with the cyst but have never had one, I have a friend that had one and they drained it and tested the fluid and it was ok.

Mandy, are you going to get another dog to cuddle.  My onc made all my plan for me, see her every 6 months for lab and check up, yearly mammo, bone scan and MRI or PET if I am hurting anywhere.  Now, it is only yearly.  YEA and I talked my reg family dr. today into every 6 months instead of 3 months for the blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol.  I am very proud for 9 months now with the medications and diet I have been in the normal range for all of it.  Soon as this darn foot is healed I am gonna jump and hollar hallaluja!

Jackie, the pictures in your avatar, those are beagles right?  they are cool dogs too.

Everyone have a great day.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2009

Morning all

Bit sleepy this morning because our regional church meeting went on very late but it was a very nice dinner we had. 

Connie, I have experienced this in the last few months. It was removed firstly to biopsy it and because they BS feared it was much nastier than it was. It had atypical cells so they will watch things very closely. It was very sore and I was told that it could have become infected or turn into an ulcer. Yes it was very sore. They certainly are caused by radiation. PM if you want to.

Spar how do you keep your weight down? I lost about 34 lbs but need to lose that much again and I am stuck, nothing is working at present. I am really scared about putting weight on.

Must get myself moving as I have my beautiful little granddaughter today as her mother is marking exam papers at university. It is coming to the end of our academic year here. The high school students are about to sit their final exams as well then it is the summer holidays. School end of year is crazy here as it is Christmas as well as all the final activities and breakups for everyone

Here she is on her birthday, it was the first time she had had chocolate cake!!!

Have a great day.

• pj12
    edited November 2009

A beautiful little girl and the image of her grandmother!  Looks like she liked the cake :)  

Pam

• kmccraw423
    edited November 2009

What a cutie - you could just hug her!  They just melt your heart.  When I am around the youngsters in my family I like to just watch them (they won't put up with you kissing them all over their little faces).  They are so new, so fresh, so beautiful and so precious.  Oh, oh, I'm gushing!

• pj12
    edited November 2009

Hi Mandy,

How did your visit go today?  I hope you got some satisfaction and a plan of action!

Thanks everyone for kind words of encouragement.  

Pam 

• Isabella4
    edited November 2009

Alyson , what a cutie your g/daughter is, isn't it funny sometimes you get really pretty babies like your g/daughter, then you get some real ugly bugs !!!

My friend has a very odd looking g/daughter. Her face is very wide, and she has ears that stick out as far as far can be !! The parents don't really bother with her, rather sit there and play on the Wii than talk to their daughter, they are young themselves, both just 19, but not an excuse to not bother with their child. Poor child just lays there on the floor all day, she's sooo behind others of her age. Apparently someone has just called the social workers on them because the child is so ignored.

I know babies can drive you nutty at times, my son used to scream most nights between 6 and 9, he drove me to distraction. I used to put him in his pram, and push him to the bottom of the garden, and leave him to it. My neighbour once came round to tell me 'did I know my baby was screaming'  As far as I can remember it went on about 2 months....was told by my Dr. it was just one of those things. Sometimes I wonder how on earth I didn't shove him in the river !!!!!!! so I had better shut my mouth !!!!!!!!!

Mandy, any feedback on the visit to your surgeon yet ?

Just having a little spat with DH, we have a funeral tomorrow, and he has suddenly decided we will be going in the 4WD, so he can get 3 of his drinking buddies in....oh no we can't...I am making sure I get my car out, as I had always intended, it only has 2 seats-- so no passengers....I am intending going on afterwards, either to have a meal or do a little shopping. All these men have their own cars, so I'm not altering my arrangements for them ! Two of them make very crude comments, and I am not in the mood for riding along with men with dirty minds. I think DH was railroaded into packing them all into our 4WD, one of them rang me up tonight 'to sort out what time we were picking him up' I said, very crisply, 'we're not, we are going in my car, NOT 4WD, so sorry no room'. DH was mad at me, thought I was 'upsetting them' ! Upsetting them ??? I could upset my own shadow when I want to be on my own, not often we get tidied up, and out on the road, and get chance to have a couple of hours to ourselves. We will have to be up at 6.30, and I don't normally get out of bed until 9am, so that will put me on the back foot to start the day with, then a funeral to attend, so certainly don't want to travel in a truck full of men !!

I had better get to bed otherwise I shall oversleep in the morning.

Isabella.

• pj12
    edited November 2009

Isabella et al,

We are all getting to the age where going to a funeral is a social occasion!  The three drinking buddies probably just want to be included... would love lunch out, might even go shopping with you :)

We're getting some rain and wind, spin off from Ida but nothing much.  Really high tides though and rough waves.  We'll take this if it's the worst of the season.

Pam 

• Motherof7
    Motherof7 Member Posts: 135
    edited November 2009

Hi To All You Beautiful Ladies:

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you for praying for my daughter, Debby, she is doing o.k. The Dr. said she had a fibroid on her uterus,Debby asked what that was, he said it was a b9 cyst.Jesus is so very good! He also said her thyroid gland was swollen, they will do a thyroid ultra sound on the 19th of Nov.

I want to welcome all the new ladies on this site, the ladies on this site are awesome, and will always be willing to help you anyway they can.

Guess I'd better get off here and do my supper dishes.

I hope you all have a great and blessed night.