Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

natural girls

Options

Comments

• Survivorwoman
    Survivorwoman Member Posts: 70
    edited November 2012
    Options

Thank you dsgirl! I got your PM! Happy Thanksgiving to you all Ladies!

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101
    edited November 2012
    Options

I try to have my green smoothie every morning!  I make it now with pure coconut water.  I mix it with protein powder and it gets my day off to a good start.  When I don't have it, I notice that my energy levels aren't as good.  I drink organic coffee that I buy at my grocery store...it's their brand.

I'm going to have to look for the alkaline water.  We use a Brita pitcher and add lemon...I'm sure that doesn't qualify, but it's better than drinking tap water.

• mary625
    mary625 Member Posts: 154
    edited November 2012
    Options

My naturopath has recommended a product called Amla Plex, which has Amla or Indian gooseberry, along with a multitude of other things including turmeric.  She said it would taste good.  I think not.  Has anyone use this before and have some ideas for incorporating this into other foods/beverages? 

BTW, she has recommended this to support my immune system which seems to be a little low.  What a surprise...

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671
    edited November 2012
    Options

Sorry Mary, don't know of that supplement. I take a powder that says to incorporate into juice or soy milk. BUT, there is NO hiding its taste. BLECCCHHH!!! I dump it in hemp milk and gulp it as fast as possible.

Dune...alkaline water is anything with a high ph. Whole Foods and Trader Joe's both carry quite a few of these in the refrigerated cases. The one I usually get is called Essential Water..it's a black and red label and says "ph 9.5" on it. But Kaara is right, you can simply squeeze some fresh lemon juice into some water and get the same result at a much cheaper price!

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited November 2012
    Options

Thank you geewhiz.

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited November 2012
    Options

Can I join you please?  I totally believe in diet and supplements affecting cancer and bashing it on the head........but I could really do with some help and support along the way as i am finding it ahrd to be bothered to eat anything much and certainly nothing that takes any effort....I don´t eat meat and have cut out cow dairy apart from a tiny drop of milk in tea......

• dunesleeper
    edited November 2012
    Options

I know it can be a bother Lily. However, when I do take the time to cup up all those vegetables for salads or soups, I feel more involved in my food. I feel like I know a lot more about what I am eating. I'm not terribly creative with it, so I tend to get bored with it. However, I'll be loading up my empty tummy on homemade salad and salad dressing shortly. I just finished a workout with Wii Sports. Hour and a half and I am drippy. ;>)  Good luck. You can do this. Feel free to PM me anytime. I'm in a very dark place right now, but whenever I am able to get out of my own pity party, (and this sort of happens back and forth on a daily basis -- I'm withdrawing from SSRI's). However, part of the reason I am in this dark place is because of the lack of support for what I am doing. It's hard when you feel so alone -- and scared. I'm an introvert, big time, so if you want support please PM me or anyone else you think can help keep you on track.

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    edited November 2012
    Options

Lily I know what you mean. I am so lazy and really hate all the work it takes, but I try to make myself at least cut everything up. That is pretty much all I am willing to take the time to do so my diet is mostly fresh fruit and veggies and I eat them all raw because I don't feel like cooking either! So they get put in the smoothie or put in glass container and lugged to work. So a lot of the time spent is shopping and washing and cutting. Things I take to work are grapes, bananas, apples, almonds, celery. Pretty much snack on that stuff all day and also make hot water with half a lemon sqeezed in and some honey. Good for cleansing. I have a hotshot at work for making hot water and a paring knife so I can cut things there to. My parents make carrot juice for me every three days and if they don't feel like making it they get it at Costco, its a really good price compared to the stores. Under $8 for 3 bottles. Its all a hassle but I feel like its the only chance I have since there's no cure and the timeframes I am reading about as far as survival are not acceptable to me. I need at least 30 more years so I will do what I have to do. One good thing is I don't seem to mind doing without all the junk I used to eat. I think its because I was scared straight lol!

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited December 2012
    Options

Dropped by to check fav topics, seemed to be going full steam here then no one for weeks. Like, me, off to somewhere else. 

Wanted to say I am not sick or anything, am doing so very well.  So had to stop in.  The raspberry seed powder turned it around for me, the laaaetrile showed me I am better than last bottle I took of that as no reactions this time.  There is hope.

I didn't know there was alkaline coffee, really?  The alkie water you can get a health store too.  I have never noticed it in grocery, bu we likve in boonies sort of. 

I buy organic Italian lemon juice and make a hot kemon 'toddy' ea day 3 x day if I do well.  1/4 c juice, hot water, tumeric, cinnamon, iodine, my lymph detox.  It's good. 

Love Essa

• dunesleeper
    edited December 2012
    Options

Great to hear Essa. I need to get back to my daily smoothies and salads. I've been slacking a lot lately.

• HLB
    edited December 2012
    Options

Good to see you again Essa :-). I ordered some drops from Amazon called Alkazone, to put in my water. Supposed to make the water alkaline and had a lot of good reviews so I thought I would try it. My dad bought me A bottle of liquid minerals. There's a huge list of minerals but they don't say how much of each one. I guess just a tiny amount. Supposed to be good for you I guess.

• fredntan
    fredntan Member Posts: 237
    edited December 2012
    Options

Hi

I went to the Block Center last week to helpnwith,my supplements

I have new longer list now. They have there own supplement brand. The monthly cost is a very very nice car.

Where does everyone get there supplements from?

• pinkribbongifts
    pinkribbongifts Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Options

I am also alternating the thermography with mams. I think we need to do both, not one or the other just to be sure.

• dunesleeper
    edited December 2012
    Options

Yeah, nothing like exposing breasts to radiation to check for cancer.

• HLB
    edited December 2012
    Options

Fred, I get mine all over, vitamin shoppe, vitamin world, amazon. The best place to get coq10 is costco. I haven't taken it for awhile but it was A LOT cheaper than anywhere. $25 and the ills were 150 mg and I think there was 60 in the bottle. What supplements did they prescibe at the Block center if you don't mind my asking?

• purple32
    purple32 Member Posts: 1,767
    edited December 2012
    Options

Does anyone know of a supplement that improves ciurculation ( NOT a vasoconstrictor)  but does not lower ( my already too low ) BP?

THX

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi, purple, wish I knew but in relearning everything I stuck to cancer and not heart or circulation. 

Am still doing well on this, do switch off from Laetrile to Rose Laurel (oleander) and keep doing the red and black raspberry SEED powder by the scoop, now 3 x day.  Plus more stuff. 

Today went to endo for blood tests, will know more in a week, hope my D3 is high but suspect it is lacking and that is not good. 

Heading for bed. 

LOVEEssa

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671
    edited January 2013
    Options

Essa, how much oleander do you take? I haven't tried using it yet, but just googled it and sounds like something I'd like to work into my supplement regimen.

I also havent tried laetrile. Do you mind sharing where you get yours? When I have looked into it before, all I come across are strange foreign websites. I think there was a Canadian one that seemed to be less scary.

Thanks!

• my560sel
    my560sel Member Posts: 399
    edited January 2013
    Options

There are so many types of magnesium, I'm confused - what should I be taking for bones and how many mgs? Anyone?

Thanks,

Terri

• fredntan
    edited January 2013
    Options

I just discovered from

Solgar its a liquid calcium-magnesium citrate with vit D in strawberry flavor-I take 2 swigs/day.

bottle says 2 T =1200mg calcium, mag600mg, vit D3-1000.

It tastes so good.

• my560sel
    my560sel Member Posts: 399
    edited January 2013
    Options

Thanks fredntan... I will look into that - sounds yummy and one less pill to swallow!

Terri

• purple32
    purple32 Member Posts: 1,767
    edited January 2013
    Options

Its ok- thanks anyways bluebird.

Happy weekend to y'all!

• ReneeinOH
    ReneeinOH Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi everyone!

I just joined this club that we all wish we weren't part of...so understanding all the medical stuff related to BC seems about all the capacity I can handle right now.  I definitely want to approach this holistically, and would welcome any guidance you can give, especially at the beginning (e.g., general principles [? not sure if that's the right word] to approaching nutrition, stress reduction, etc.)  If you were where I am at right now, what are the five things you'd recommend I'd do (or three, whatever makes sense)?  I understand that we all have individual situations that need specific approaches, but perhaps there are some things I should be thinking about or investigating.

My brother is a chiropractor, and he advises to go whole hog medically, since my body is in crisis.  However, I can start the healing now; that it begins with me. That has given me a sense of power that I didn't have before (being in this early stage of waiting--more tests, second opinions, making some decisions about how to go about dealing with this, and not having surgery until next month, etc.).  So, right now my plan is to ID "super foods" to fight off this cancer/enhance my diet, get back into an exercise regime (has been tough since I haven't been sleeping well lately), and visualization exercises (destroying the cancer cells in my body).

I have joined you mid-conversation (335 pages long!), so there is no way I can take the time to read up on all of your journeys.  But I'd like to join you and welcome any wisdom you can share.

• dunesleeper
    edited January 2013
    Options

Welcome Renee. I am truly sorry you are joining the club, and I send you my best wishes for a successful treatment.

I changed to a vegetarian diet and consider broccoli, mushrooms (cooked), onions, garlic, and celery to be my power foods, I guess.

I make a smoothie that includes a lot of stuff, but "Green's First" is one of the ingredients. You can look that up online to see what it has in it. It was recommended to me by a naturopath.

I refused chemo, so I don't know what I would do knowing I was going into that. Probably eat all the stuff I stopped eating. lol    Anyway, focus. Grrrr.   OK.  Cancer gobbles up glucose to survive. So, avoid anything that spikes your blood sugar level. I also avoid anything that has growth hormones in it. So that definitely leaves out ice cream. I use organic butter and milk when I have those. No more rotisserie chickens. I used to love those. They are poison to me now. Just bundles of growth hormones. Get an organic free-range chicken and make it yourself.

The China Study shows a direct correlation between protein intake and cancer rates in societies. According to that book, anything beyond basic protein needs leads to an increased cancer risk. So, I only have meat a couple times a week at most. It's just something to think about.

Good luck Renee.

• fredntan
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi renee and welcome.

The best thing I did last feb was get my mom to buy me a vitamixer for my birthday. I mix up all kinds of veggies and drink them. Wonder if i can get her to buy me a car this year. They are pricey, i think blend tec is cheaper but comparable .

Look up the clean 15, & the dirty 7? Fruits and veggies.

I am trying to read "life over cancer & "anti cancer"

• ReneeinOH
    ReneeinOH Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2013
    Options

Exactly just the feedback I was looking for (keep it coming!).

I just ate a lunch of (certified) organic mushrooms, microgreens and carrots.  Should I always cook mushrooms? (Never been a big fan; prefer them raw.) I don't eat much meat, and when I do, it is usually organic.  Good to know I need to stay on that path.  I had a friend go through lung cancer, and she cut out sugar from her diet (cancer loves sugar [?]). 

And, my big question: Do I have to give up my glass of red wine (per night)?  I do love coffee, but given recent awareness of what's going on with my body, I am ready to switch to (green?) tea, if that is a better choice.

I have a juicer; guess I better dust it off and see if it still works...

Thanks so much for sharing, and I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

• dunesleeper
    edited January 2013
    Options

Cooking mushrooms unlocks more nutrients and safely degrades any trace amount of agaratine, a carciinogen.

I was warned to only drink organic wine if I drink it, because of the pesticides.

Green tea is highly recommended. Organic, of course. I returned to my coffee habit, but after that I drink green tea all day.

• fredntan
    edited January 2013
    Options

be careful juicing-you want that fiber, so maybe just instead of throwing it out, just mix most of it back in. a big glass of carrot juice would spike your blood sugar up too much, but the fiber will help control that sugar spike

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited January 2013
    Options

Renee, welcome!

1. Take probiotics.

2. Be kind to yourself.

3. Eat your veggies, as many as you can stand.

4. Get some exercise, even if it just a slow walk around the block. If you make it around the block once, try for a second round.

5. Make sure to laugh every, single day.

6. Give yourself a treat as often as possible.

7. Remember that you don't have to be brave, you just have to show up.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited January 2013
    Options

Renee, yes, cancer loves sugar, but it is not as simple as just cutting sugar from your diet. What you want to do is achieve a staple and preferably low-normal blood sugar. So this means eating properly, keeping to meal times, eating fibre (lots of fibre) and avoiding white carbs basically.

Coffee is supposedly not so bad. Wine, however, is not a great idea apparently. Current advice is to stick to 3 glasses or less a week. So that does, sadly, mean no more daily wine.