Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

natural girls

Options

Comments

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    edited August 2012
    Options

Constipation is very bad because its toxic and and should be eliminated as soon as possible instead of just sitting there. Interesting about the lemon water because I don't like lemon and I think I'm the only one who orders water without it! Or I give it away when it comes with my water. Thanks for the good info :-)

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hubby and I both order water w/o ice.  After all these years w no ice it can be very ugly if we drink w ice and even being 5 blocks from home makes us freak out getting there, very ugly indeed.  The lemon, I like it but don't trust if there are unwashed pesticides on it.

Constipation slogan - death begins in the colon.  

Probiotics are very important.  Also I would strongly suggest the ellagic acid, I am using the black and red raspberry powder and the bowels never worked better.

This morn made myself a 'medicine' breakfast....

2  scoops UltraClear plus H vanilla flavour, 12 T yogurt I made with raw milk,  1 T flaxseed oil cold pressed, 5 drops stevia, 1/2 tsp chastetree berry powder, 1 tsp l-tyrosine 1 T black raspberry poder and 3 T red raspberry powder plus a T sugar-free raspberry preserves ---- mixed it 200 times w spoon. omg yum

• Bluebird-DE
    edited October 2012
    Options

No one no one no one here still............

anyway......... I don't add the raspberry seed powder to the yogurt and flax oil except for 1 of the 5 x ea day, concerned the oils might bind the ellagic acid that forms and not be readily absorbed. Just to be certain.

Today I was reading in prep for homeopathic protocol and found this essay by a doctor, felt compelled to share.  Touches on the personality of cancer, hope, the recovery stance that is needed, so much.

http://www.tinussmits.com/3861/carcinosinum.aspx 

about Dr. Smits (Netherlands)   http://www.tinussmits.com/3847/about-dr.-smits.aspx

LOVEEssa

• graced
    graced Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2012
    Options

Very interesting article Essa.  When I saw Dr. Bernie Seigel speak, he said the most important thing for recovery is a person's attitude.  A friend of a friend of mine went to see Rosalyn Bruyere, the energy healer, when he had cancer, and she too said that his attitude and making positive affirmations about being well was the most important thing he could do.  Carolyn Myss says breast cancer is a 4th chakra issue dealing with nurturing and heart issues. 

It's a good reminder that we also need to focus on the mental and spiritual aspects of recovery and not just the physical (supplements, diet, exercise, etc.).  I have been getting energy work done throughout my treatments and I've found it to be a big help.  I also got sessions on Ondamed, a German-machine that uses EMF to bring balance to areas of the body that are out of balance.  It scans your pulse with different frequencies to determine which areas are out of balance.  There are many levels we can work on. 

I had never heard of Tinus Smits before.  I thought it was interesting that he died of cancer at 63.  I guess it shows tha there are so many variables to illness and recovery, and our best bet is to address as many of them as we feel capable of.  I think we are doing an excellent job.  More power to us all.

• Bluebird-DE
    edited September 2012
    Options

It is very interesting that he did, but to know when it began and how this became his passion and how far he came with cancer.  It is a journey through the fire, the fear.  He was journeying through anger and resolve, I don't think he could let go and come to complete peace while he was fighting for what he believed.  Also, imo, it isa facet of elements taht run cancer, so did he look into the coffee he was drinking, the water? the air he breathed (like I had to do).  So much to consider. 

http://vaccineliberationarmy.com/dr-tinus-smits-netherlands-curing-autism-with-homeopathy/

Same with Hulda Clark, died of cancer as a very elderly woman though she had all these ideas and research to show there were patterns for cancer and flukes and toxic elements in our homes.  When removed/ dealt with, the cancer went into remission so often.  She died of cancer.  Perhaps she was too frail to move mountains and ended up in an environment taht worked against her?  People want to scoff, like physician, heal thyself.  But it is never that simple. I am not a physician by any means, I still helped many people with info and finding what they needed, and here I am, helping myself, learning more.

Because I am choosing alternative / traditional, I often feel like I am expected to live or be scoffed at and that famly will be angry with me if this does not get me to 85.   But whatever I do can be used by someone else.

I believe in music therapy too.  Am supposed to be singing, used to always.  Then was hurt terribly by some 'friends' and lost my heart and voice for years.  Have found it again.  Our life path has valleys and those are reflected in the cancer, they have to be taken out and very bravely dissected, I am not so brave. 

I like all your info, will be checking into the testing on EMF, good info.

LOVEEssa

• graced
    graced Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2012
    Options

Essa, anytime we take the road less traveled, it requires a great deal of bravery so I would say that you, and all of us on this alternative path, are quite brave. 

So interesting about the singing.  I had a reading from an intuitive before I was diagnosed and he said that I should sing every day.  Was always told I had a terrible voice but I do sing when I'm alone.  So I made a point to sing a mantra every day for at least 30 days.  The mantra ended up being very calming and centering and then I used it often during treatment, recovery, and beyond. 

• Bluebird-DE
    edited September 2012
    Options

An intuitive artist did my portrait once, ten years ago.  She colored me under a tree singing to the forest, or with the forest probably.  I had blonde hair and was thin.  The trees she drew were the ones in my front yard by the drumming circle, there was even the one that arched all the way across.  She had never seen me until that day.  I used to sing all the time and with friends, then had a broken heart and stopped.  I am trying to do so again.

My flower essences on acupuncture points begin tonight.  I am beginning with rock rose. It is for terror.  I decided to do the flower essence and not th homeopathics with them.  The flower essences are powerful of themselves, emotionally and spiritually touching on same as the homeopathic remedies and nosodes. 

Good to chat.  Will talk soon.

LOVEEssa

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2012
    Options

I just passed my one year mammogram with flying colors!  My next exam will be another thermography...I'm going to alternate from now on so that I don't get too much radiation from the mammos.  I hesitate to give up the mammos completely because this is how my bc was detected in the first place.

I've followed my strict alkaline diet very carefully for one year.  Now I find that I can add white carbs from time to time without any change in my weight status, and still remain alkaline.

• HLB
    edited October 2012
    Options

Congratulations!! I am very interested in the alkaline diet. I have some ph strips that I have not used yet and I have a good extensive list of the foods, but have not gotten started yet. I have changesd my diet drastically to mostly fruit, veggies and nuts but have not really kept track of what percent is alkaline and acid. I work full time and it seems all of my other time is spent shopping for, cleaning and cutting up produce and making smoothies or packing it up to lug into work. Do you do 80/20? Or 60/40?

I came across a really good website called wheatbelly.com. Or it might be wheatbellyblog.com. After reading that I am trying to not eat even a spoonful of any kind of wheat! Its really interesting and done by a cardiologist.

• fredntan
    fredntan Member Posts: 237
    edited October 2012
    Options

Kaara is there website you recommend for alkaline diet, been meaning to work it into life

• purple32
    purple32 Member Posts: 1,767
    edited October 2012
    Options

CONGRATS, Kaara!

• onvacation
    onvacation Member Posts: 521
    edited October 2012
    Options

woohoo Kaara!

• althea
    althea Member Posts: 506
    edited October 2012
    Options

Congrats Kaara!  And a big thumbs up to this thread.  We've topped 10,000 posts! 

• Kaara
    edited October 2012
    Options

The author John Young (I think that his name) has the best book out on the Alkaline diet.  My son has followed it for years and was on my case until I tried it.  It works!  I think you could google "alkaline diets" and get all kinds of info.  Basically you cut anything acidic out of your diet as much as possible...eat lots of green salads and veggies (mostly alkaline) and test with the ph strips to see if you have succeeded in turning your acidity into alkaline.  It only took me about a week.

I just dodged a major case of flu that a friend had...I had been exposed before I knew or I would not have come within 10 miles of this person, but luckily I didn't come down with it, and credit my diet and supplementation program which has succeeded in building a healthy immune system.

• Bluebird-DE
    edited October 2012
    Options

Good to see you both, Athena and Kaara. 

The book is pH Miracle Living by Dr. Robert Young?????  Their website then is miracleliving.com and there is a newsletter, I just peeked.

Good to hear you got past the one year mark.

LOVEEssa

• fredntan
    edited October 2012
    Options

Thanks i had been meaning to do this. Will start soon

• althea
    edited November 2012
    Options

The second annual Healing Cancer World Summit begins next week.  It was supposed to start yesterday, but Hurricane Sandy intervened.  New start date is November 7.  Format is the same as last year -- everyone can listen for free during the designated time slots.  One of the guests this year will be Jessica Ainscough who is an inspiring success story for overcoming 'incurable' cancer with Gerson therapy.  Here's the link for more information:  https://s3.amazonaws.com/cancerworldsummit.com/index-launch-day.html

• onvacation
    edited November 2012
    Options

I'm signed up!  Looking forward to it!

• onvacation
    edited November 2012
    Options

I just watched an excellent, though a bit disturbing, dvd call "healing cancer from the inside out" by Mike Anderson.  He also developed the RAVE diet.  I also bought the book with the dvd.

• fredntan
    edited November 2012
    Options

what do you'll think of Kris Carr. I just started looking into her and idk. It just seems like its all about selling books and promoting other peoples things. The alkaline diet sounds great. But its just seems like cancer is maybe a business for her. Here is someone telling me how to navigate my cancer who has never been through anything close to what I have been through.

• onvacation
    edited November 2012
    Options

I like Kris Carr - I find her very upbeat and positive.  Yea, she is making money off her cancer, but i really like her book "Crazy Sexy Cancer"

• althea
    edited November 2012
    Options

I am very inspired by Kris Carr.  She is very much alive nearly 10 years after being dx'd with a stage 4 incurable very rare form of inoperable cancer. Doctors had no treatments to offer her.  She sought, and found, the kinds of lifestyle changes that are effective.  I personally have benefitted from many of her recipes.  I have read all of her books, except the most recent one that just came out. 

fredntan, I'm not sure what you mean when you say she's never been through anything close to what you've been through.  Are you wondering if her suggestions would apply to you due to having a different kind of cancer? 

• fredntan
    edited November 2012
    Options

I guess i am just a skeptic i googled her cancer its not the death sentence you think. I like her ideas, but i feel this whole thing is a money making career choice for her. I just started reading her books. She has a lot of great ideas.and i will cont to incorporate them into my life.

I am trying to do the things in CSD. Am finding it very hard to give up my cup of coffee andbeer with hubby. Do they make alkaline beer? I know all in moderation.

• Kaara
    edited November 2012
    Options

I am going to have to buy her book because I follow an alkaline diet.  It's all about keeping the alkaline level in your body at optimal because that lowers the inflammation levels and reduces the risk for disease...one being cancer.  Most diseases do not grow well in an alkaline environment.  Another upside of the diet is weight loss.  Between that and reducing my white carb intake, I am back to my weight of my 20's, and feel healthier than I have in years.

I don't think you have to literally go off of everything that would be acidic, like coffee or an occasional drink.  You just have to balance it with a lot of high alkaline foods like veggies and salads to keep the optimal levels.  We have test strips that we use to determine this.  As they say....everything in moderation....it my new mantra...LOL!

• HLB
    edited November 2012
    Options

I read that for cancer the diet should be 80 alkaline 20 acid, and for health maintenece it should be 60 alkaline 40 acid. I just started buying alkaline water as well. I do still drink a lot of coffee but its organic and one of the many lists I've read says black organic coffee is alkaline, but only if its taken with food and one cup per day. Well I usually drink more than that in the am on empty stomach! But I'm not too worried as I eat fruits and vegetable and almonds and pumplin seeds ALL DAY. Hot lemon water with honey at night. Sometimes a blow of uncle sam cereal. I need to replace that with something else thoiugh because I don't want to eat boxed cereal. Probably oatmeal. Does anyone drink alkaline water? What do you think of adding baking soda to water instead of buying the expensive alkaline water? I did ask on another post about baking soda but haven't gotten an anwer yet so I will try here on a post about alkaline! Thank you everyone :-)

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited November 2012
    Options

I don't know where to even find alkaline water. I don't know how much baking soda you should add to water either. I would be interested to know, since I do keep drinking coffee. I don't even know where to find organic espresso. I don't know why it being organic would cause it to be alkaline. There's an awful lot I don't know. LOL

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671
    edited November 2012
    Options

I am a Kris Carr fan too! She was a breath of fresh air when I was diagnosed. I bought stacks of books. Cancer books. Nutrition Books. Meditation Books. So so many. But one was hers, and in it was a picture of her sitting on the floor surrounded by those books reading intently. Instantly goosebumpily relatable.

Fresh air, sunshine, warm smiles, meditation, and alkalinizing green juice, green juice, green juice!!! Did I mention green juice?

And no, she hasn't survived some of the traumas we have...chemo, rads, surgeries etc. But she does live with us in that land we don't care to speak of - where we know to our bones that our lives no matter how big or small, hang in the balance and could change with the next warm breath of the wind.

• HLB
    edited November 2012
    Options

Lol Dune, well I get the organic coffee at Costco and its called Mayorga Cafe Cubana. And alkaline water is at the grocery store in the organic section.

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited November 2012
    Options

I have not seen alkaline water in any of my grocery stores, even Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. Maybe it is a Maryland thing. Maybe I can find some organic espresso online. I'll have to give it a try.

• Survivorwoman
    Survivorwoman Member Posts: 70
    edited November 2012
    Options

Could one of you Ladies please PM me Vivre's website address? I sent her a PM about two weeks ago, but had not heard from her. Maybe one of you might know it. Thank you!