Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

~* The Waiting Room *~

Options

Comments

• halah
    halah Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2012
    Options

I had my CT scan today! Glad to have that crappy stuff, barum?, behind me. Now all I do is wait for the results.

Does the barim stuff make you want to barf? It didn't today. I guess because I took it more slowly. I have acid reflux.  

• CherylinOhio
    CherylinOhio Member Posts: 149
    edited February 2012
    Options

So ladies I won a bone scan from my onc today! Hoping to get in this week. Have had neck pain for over a week. Massage helped a lot, I thought pain was from overdoing it when I worked out on my upper body. I still have what feels more like a burning ache than real "pain". Hope I am over reacting but better safe than sorry.  I know sometimes there is no pain with bone mets and if it is back already after less than a year I am going to  be sooooo MAD!! I just bought a horse and started school again so this would really put a damper on my plans. Stupid BC!!!

Have a great day everyone!! I am glad to see that the ladies that were waiting for results got "good" news.

• halah
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi Cheryl! Welcome to the waiting room. I hope you can get in fast and get the results as soon as possible. Hope you feel better! And you are right, better to be safe than sorry.

• SandyInNj
    SandyInNj Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2012
    Options

Had my CT scan of my chest this morning to see if there was any change to the 4 mm nodule they saw back in 2008, and was told my doc should have the results in 24 to 48 hours.  So I'm gonna hang out with you lovely ladies-in-waiting if you don't mind.

tick...tick...tick....

• CherylinOhio
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hey Sandy, here's hoping for good news!!

• halah
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi Sandy! You are in my thoughts and hope for the best for you! I still haven't gotten the call from my ONC. I hate the not knowing part!! I do have a good feeling though, and have made plans for this Thursday with the idea I won't need a biopsy. Here's hoping anyways!!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited February 2012
    Options

Just popping in to wish you girls in the waiting room well.  I sure hope all your tests etc come back with good results.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• SandyInNj
    edited February 2012
    Options

Not good.

The original nodule was 4 mm, it's now 7 mm (which is very slow growth for something that was there since 2008).  However, on top of that, there's a NEW much bigger one now, 1.9 x 1.3 cm. 

I now have an appointment to see a thorasic surgeon Friday morning.  Oh yippee, looks like the fun times are starting again.

• halah
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi Sandy, did they ever dx it as cancer? I have a nodule on my liver but they don't know what it is. That's what my CT scan was all about this past monday. I'm sorry to hear about this other growth! Yikes! Here's wishing you the best of the best.

BACKGROUND: On Dec 27 2011 I had a CT scan which showed the nodule on my liver and my ONC said we could either biopsy it now or wait two months and do another scan. He said it wasn't likely that they could get a good sample, so I opted to wait 2 months. So I had a follow up CT scan on Feb 27 2012.

I just talked to my ONC and he told me the nodule hadn't changed. He said we could either biopsy it or wait another 4 months and do another scan. Hell, after the 2 months I just got through, it made me tougher. I figure (for myself not anyone else) if it hadn't changed then as far as I'm concerned it ain't cancer. So I will wait 4 months for another scan.

I am on top of the world right now because today I find out I don't have cancer (as far as I'm concerned), I don't have glaucoma (high risk), my rent did not increase this year, and my shingles are healing! Shingles scared the crap out of me but I figure it's just another battle scar, the pain I mean. I don't think there will be any visible scarring but the pain could last months to years. 

I can do this ladies. You can, too. Wishing the best results for all of you guys. Sandy, keep us posted on your progress. Feel free to PM me anytime. 

• chrissyb
    edited March 2012
    Options

Oh Sandy I'm so sorry to hear that.  Take a deep breath, you can do this!  Has the original nodule ever been biopsied? Are they talking of doing a biopsy now?  Nothing has yet been confirmed just that there are two nodules......................here's hoping they are both something benign.

Mindy that is great news and I think I would be thinking the same way you are.  I have a thing in my lung, much the same and hasn't grown for four years so I just know it's there but don't worry about it.  Sure hope the pain from the shingles lessons quickly for you.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• SandyInNj
    edited March 2012
    Options

Thanks for the support ladies. 

No, the orginal nodule was never biopsied because it was too small (I had started a thread a few days ago). Seems there's plenty to biopsy now though.

I'm picking up my Ct studies today along with the report.  I've been in cancerland long enough to know that doctors never tell you everything they know from the report, only what they think you need to know.  So I'm very, very nervous about what I'm going to be reading later today...and if I can handle it...even though I'm trying to mentally prepare myself.

I'll see the surgeon Friday morning, so I'll know more then. 

Instead of taking up space in this waiting room, I'll be posting under my other thread - until I'm back in the waiting room again, which I'm sure will be shortly (probably PET and/or biopsy is ahead of me, I'm assuming).

I hope all of you waiting on results get nothing but good news!

• halah
    edited March 2012
    Options

Sandy, you are not "taking up space" here in this thread! You are still waiting for results. I left you a note in your other thread. Good luck on Friday.

• CherylinOhio
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Had bone scan today, waiting for results.  Techs did not divulge anything. They did call the radiologist and she said I was good to go and they did not need anymore pics, which the tech said usually means they are not seeing anything upon first look.  I saw the scan but I dont' know what I saw. Nothing glaring to my eyes but my little brown eyes are not trained to spot such things so I wait. Hoping to get results tomorrow.
    Everyone have a great day!!
  • halah
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hello Cheryl, did you get the results today? Hoping for good news. Are you still feeling the pain?

• SandyInNj
    edited March 2012
    Options

Back in the waiting room already.  Saw the thorasic surgeon and just as I said, I'll be having a PET scan and biopsy.  He said the spot in my lung could be left over from me being so sick the past few weeks, or it's a primary lung cancer (looks like it would be stage 1, from what he can see of it), or stage 4 breast cancer.  It's it lung cancer, he'd have to remove the entire middle lobe of my lung. 

Told my mom and daughter (26 y/o) yesterday, of course I played it down a bit as not to upset them too much, but they know perfectly well what this could mean and they both broke down in tears...my daughter is beside herself with fear right now.  I guess I have to be the strong one.  Now we just wait.  This is so sucky Frown

ckgrayoh, I hope you've gotten good news!

• CherylinOhio
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hello, no news yet. Will call doc today around lunch they are always so busy on Monday's I can never get thru until afternoon.

Sandy, I hope this is only a spot from being your sick, keep us posted!! Wishing you well!!

• CherylinOhio
    edited March 2012
    Options

K, bone scan came back negative. Yippee! One small hurdle in a huge war but I won this one!!

• SandyInNj
    edited March 2012
    Options

That's great news Cheryl!  I'm very happy for you :)

• fujiimama
    fujiimama Member Posts: 236
    edited March 2012
    Options

This is my first post. I thought I was on the other side. I had my bmx in Sept. had lots of issues with seromas. Finished rads in Jan. was having tummy troubles so I had a colonoscopy done 3 weeks ago. It was clean. Monday I went to my BS for my 6mo. She's worried I have ascites. Had my CT yesterday. I called this morning and the results weren't in yet, but the nurse said that some of my blood work came back slightly elevated. Now I'm panicked. I've always been a round belly, but any set back has me crying today. I have an 8, 4 and 16mo kids.

• fujiimama
    edited March 2012
    Options

Figures I finally post and I get the call not even 10 min later. NO met's everything looks good. Just some fatty deposits on liver raising enzyms. Love my team, they never wait to call. Hi ho hi ho back to zumba I go. Need to loose this chemo weight.

• weety
    weety Member Posts: 371
    edited March 2012
    Options

fuji--I guess that's just Murphy's Law at it's best!  congrats on the good news!

• jgbartlett
    jgbartlett Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2012
    Options

fujiimama - so glad you got negative results.

I hate the waiting, it really does my head in - had a bone scan on Tuesday and rang the oncologists office for the results this morning, no one there to give them to me so I'm waiting for a return phone call.

I really hope I get the call today - or it's going to be a long weekend :(

• jgbartlett
    jgbartlett Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2012
    Options

Well I had to wait it out over the weekend, but got my results today and they are 'normal'. I can breathe again.

• fujiimama
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yay for normal! I just had my first BS. Low bone density but no metsSealed
  • mingiemoo
    mingiemoo Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Options

Found a lump in my other breast last night.  I keep telling myself it's just a cyst.  Right?  Having a hard time believing it.  I have an appointment for my annual mammo and BS 6 month check up in two weeks, so I'll just wait it out.  But in the meantime, my insides are shaking.

• chrissyb
    edited March 2012
    Options

Awe mingiemoo hoping that you are correct in your thinking and it is nothing more than a cyst or fibroadenoma (they are benign).  If you are stressing too much about this, ring and see if you can get in to see your doc a little earlier.

I'm happy to sit and wait with you.

Love n warm hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb
    edited March 2012
    Options

Edited to delete double posting.

• Curlylocks
    Curlylocks Member Posts: 61
    edited March 2012
    Options

I am a 6.5 year survivor of stage IIb, grade III, 4cm tumour with 3 positive lymph nodes, er/pr+,her- (diagnosed at age 41)

My treatment was a lumpectomy with clean margins, 6 months of chemo, radiation, Aridmex for 5 years and removal of ovaries.

I went for my followup mamogram last Friday and noticed the hospital's phone number on my phone when I came home last night but no message.  My heart sank as I knew that something must have showed up as it was so soon after my tests.

I had a horrendous sleep last night wondering what the hell was going on....called the hospital this morning and they said "oh yah"...we have a cone view mamogram scheduled for you on April 4 due to an abnormal area seen on my mamogram.  I freaked!  Like when in the hell were they planning on telling me about this issue and that I had this appointment...I called them.  To make matters worse my own doctor is on vacation this week.  I told them that next Wednesday was too far away and I needed an appointment sooner due to all the additional stress in my life right now, so the girl talked to her supervisor and got me an appointment for 1:00 pm. tomorrow.

The timing of this couldnt have come at a worse time...my youngest sister who is also a bc survivor of 1.5 years was rediagnosed with Stage 4 metastic cancer that has spread to her bones.  She just started treatment this week.

I left work as I cant concentrate and am a basket case right now. On my way home I stopped off at the hospital at the oncology clinic to ask for a copy of my mamogram report and they told me that they cant give it to me, only the doctor can.  I was so upset and furious...do they not understand how difficult the past few weeks have been with my sister's diagnosis (i explained this to them, she is at the same cancer center).  The girl said she would talk to my oncologist and see if she could get me an appointment after my test tomorrow for Friday to discuss results and next steps.  She called back and said she couldnt get me in until Monday at 12:00 p.m. (so I have to stew the whole weekened). 

I cant believe this is happening...I so hate what cancer has done to me and my family!  

Michele

• chrissyb
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi Michele, please take a deep breath.................I understand that you are extra stressed because of your sisters Dx but please, take it from another bone metster it's not the end of her life.  I was Dx'd stage IV 3 years ago and have been doing wonderfully well and I'm sure your sister will too.  It just comes as a bit of a shock and takes a little time to get your head around.  Here's hoping your mamo is just showing something benign and they are being super careful!

If you want to ask me questions just PM me and I will be happy to answer.

Please let us know your results when you get them and I'll say a prayer that all is okay.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• mingiemoo
    mingiemoo Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Options

Chrissyb - thanks for your concern.  I did contact my BS and am seeing her today.  I'll keep you posted.