Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Jaimieh
    Jaimieh Member Posts: 925
    edited February 2010

Amy~ I sent you a PM. 

Trishia~ I will ask about the Arnica.  I should be calling tomorrow for a drain update. 

I got new JP bulbs and now the smell is gone.  I think the smell was from the bulb needing to be changed. 

I just looked at the average weather and I am looking at about high 70's for the averages in April/May.  I guess I need to find a couple of dresses, capri's that will work for stage 2.  I am shopping challenged so I need to start now. 

• ccbaby
    ccbaby Member Posts: 503
    edited February 2010

Trishia...that would be so great if the center could send the Arnica. I will email Liz about it. I healed so wonderful and FAST after stage 1, and I am hoping the same for stage 2.

I received good news tonight. I got the results from my CT scan for the lung nodules. My onc personally called me to tell me that they are very small (less than a mm) and he thinks they are nothing to be concerned about. He says they are scars from breathing in dust and mold in the air from this part of the country.  We will do future scans to make sure.

• Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited February 2010

CHRISTY - WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Amy - Nola - Artists... YES. Most definitely... And I did my homework... and then some. 

Marcia - sorry I missed your call! I will try you tomorrow!

Trishia - teehee... I am glad I am not the only one... and my husband loved the dominatrix more than I did!

• jessicav
    jessicav Member Posts: 59
    edited February 2010

Amym159-

I have a consultation there myself very soon. Very interested in same info.. Thanks for your post. Ladies-any thoughts/info welcome!! Thanks so much.

Best wishes

Jessica

• Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited February 2010

And my husband and I liked the outfit, too. My husband thought the crotchless aspect hilarious, however!

ccbaby - yeah on your lungs!!!!

I wonder how our ladies are doing in NOLA!!!!!!

• SandyinSoCal
    SandyinSoCal Member Posts: 559
    edited February 2010

Amym159 and jessicav, I encourage you to study the results photos on various websites, and I think they'll lead you to the right choice and a gorgeous outcome.

I just wanted to pop in before going to bed and check in on everyone, but this thread is so busy that I can't hang around to read everything.  I haven't gotten enough sleep the past two nights and promised myself that I would get at least 7.5 hours tonight.  We get up really early to walk in the park each morning, so I'm going to go before I cut sleep short again.  I've got a fabric envelope filled with lavender tucked into my pillow and really look forward to drifting off to the scent of it each night.  Pleasant dreams everyone.... My prayers are with those in NOLA tonight!

• Cat1
    Cat1 Member Posts: 128
    edited February 2010

CCbaby - All Right!  Great news! 

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited February 2010

Terrific news Christy!

Leah

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited February 2010

Great News Christy!

I have a feeling dh will like the Dom outfit- LOL

Jaimiah-Let us know what NOLA says about the Arnica

Hope we hear from Hello  & Holtbolt sometime today!

Tammy You are up tomorrow!  Wishing you a great surgery & smooth recovery.

Pam

• Minnesota
    edited February 2010

Okay, I've got a date. Also, I have an insight that I've had for some time - second time doesn't make you any calmer...

Mar 30 - Minnesota - Stage 1 unilateral GAP, Dr. D, NOLA, St. Charles Surgical Hospital

• mileha
    mileha Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2010

How long should I expect to be out of work? Scheduled for the stacked (and packed) :)

As a side note, I can work from home with my laptop. I don't need to drive anywhere.  

• iamc
    iamc Member Posts: 87
    edited February 2010

Woohoo on terrific news Christy! 

Nordy and Trish, no I didn't say the weren't sexy...in some ways the DOMINATRIX CORSET OF DEATH does have sex appeal. But then I remember I feel like a stuffed sausage--so much for sex appeal.  lol

• Melonda
    Melonda Member Posts: 121
    edited February 2010

Just wanted to let you ladies know that I am going to the Young Survival Coalition Conference this weekend and Dr D is a speaker :) I'm excited to get to see him before they do my surgery. Liz said she will be there too, so I am going to be able to talk to them both.

• mileha
    edited February 2010

For the record Mel-I am so jealous. I would have gone to the conference if I had known that..:)

And kinda OT, I have to sing the praises of Southwest Airlines. I had booked my trip as soon as I found out the dates. I went back in and had noticed fares went down. I made ALL the changes online and received the credit for future flight online. I LOVE it!

I'm hoping someone else ends up at NOLA when I am there...

• mileha
    edited February 2010

Tammy (TrainerTam)-I just noticed something. Dr D is going to be in Atlanta when you are scheduled???

• Minnesota
    edited February 2010

Melinda,

That's great that you'll get to meet them! Take notes and let us know about Dr. D's presentation!

• swastew
    swastew Member Posts: 110
    edited February 2010

Mileah - Thank you for flying Southwest!!! Cool

OK quick post......I AM DRAIN FREE!!! WHOOP-WHOOP!!! Just had them pulled at my PS office - he had his whole staff come in and look at my NOLA results - they are all amazed - as he said ...."they did a fantastic job - your healing looks better than many of our 3 month patients!!"

Off to my 3 month ONC appt - hope to have more good news!!

xoxo

LA

• Brenda26
    Brenda26 Member Posts: 25
    edited February 2010

For those who are looking for help with flights I have found a couple of organizations that might be able to help.  There is the corporate angel network which uses empty seats aboard corporate aircraft and there are no financial requirements or limits to the number of flights. Their contact number is 1-866-328-1313; www.corpangelnetwork.org.  Also there is Mercy Medical Airlift which provides charitable air transportation and their contact number is 1-888-675-1405; www.mercymedical.org.

I have not actually contacted these organizations since I am close enough to Nola that we drive but I hope this info can help someone.

• Minnesota
    edited February 2010

Brenda,

That's great info to have. Thanks!

To all you post-Gap stage 1 gals - how many nights were you in the hospital. Liz is telling me 4 or 5. I'm trying to make hotel reservations... Thanks!

• Jaimieh
    edited February 2010

LouAnn thrilled for you now I am going to lalalalala.......I am jealous.....lalallalla.....

Minn. I was in Tues. and got kicked out on Friday...lol....  I was supposed to be in until Saturday but they said you are fine and you can leave.  So out I went :)  I had to see more of the city. 

I went bra shopping today.  I know that things will change after stage 2 but I wanted some support for the girls.  I got 3 new bra's that I got fitted for and I am sporting 36 D's.  Marcia I went with barely there's and they fit and feel awesome!!  It's hard to imagine that the girls are going to get better from here...

• mileha
    edited February 2010

Minnesota-You should call or email Katie at breast center to make your reservations. Homewood Suites was showing full on the Hilton site and she was able to book it for me at a lower price than what was advertised. I would also error on the side of caution and book longer than you think. As long as you notify them, you wont' be charged any cancellation fees.

• Jaimieh
    edited February 2010

Okay I asked Celeste about the arnica and she said the center will give it to you if you ask.  I have it noted in my chart that I requested it now :)  I have a feeling their request will now go up :)

• Cat1
    Cat1 Member Posts: 128
    edited February 2010

Jamieh - yeah, the request will go up.  I've already put it in my notes for stage 2 and I haven't even had stage 1 yet. 

Sally from St Charles called me today to get my info.  We talked about ladies coming in looking for each other and only knowing their nickname!  Told her how we compare notes and info with each other.  She thought it was great that we had this site! 

One step closer to getting my new girls!  Can't wait! 

• mileha
    edited February 2010

Is there an insurance thread about NOLA somewhere? I got my co-payment down, but I talked to my insurance (UHC) and she said that if no one does this surgery in my area, then it might be processed as in-network. I KNOW no one in a 30 mile radius does the STACKED diep. I'm sure of it....:)

Any other nice to knows on insurance and the process? Does NOLA put anything in writing re: payment?

• Nordy
    edited February 2010

Eve - I will still be in NOLA when you get there - I don't leave until the 30th. There are a few of us there at that time - let's meet up at some point. I have my post op on the 29th. I am going to need to put everyone's nickname and REAL name in my phone so I can keep everyone straight! Also, I was only there 3 nights also for B hip flaps. Was supposed to be d/c'd on a Monday, left Sun instead after surgery on Thurs. 

I just picked up Arnica today at Whole Foods - it is 4 days worth for about $11 - at the higher strength for post surgery. BUT - I can't remember how long everyone used it... AnneW??? Maybe I will request when I talk to them... which will hopefully be soon. It is almost time for my pre-ops!!! OMG, here we go again...

• Jaimieh
    edited February 2010

Nordy~ Ask the center for some and they will give it to you :)

• Gin52
    Gin52 Member Posts: 272
    edited February 2010

((((((((Ladies)))))))))) Been reading, just not posting....  Just still recovering from last trip to NOLA and getting at home nurse to help with dressing changes.  Not sure yet when I will go back to work, but I do know that Spring, you need to remove my May Stage 2, because I will need to reschedule it.  Still don't know when I will get my last two chemos, and also will need to work 90 days to qualify for short term disability again after I go back...   Doing good, just ready to get drains out (which of course, are not ready) and ready to get on with living!  Strange OT thing - when I had abdominal ultrasound when I was in hospital with renal failure - they say I have a large gallstone!  Showed write up on it to my primary and she said we will not do anything with it right now, but If it starts bothering me....at least we will know about it.  Weird, huh?  Ok, off here again.....will update if any news..  otherwise, just sending good thoughts to all!!

• Nordy
    edited February 2010

IAMC - forgot to mention - had my hyst/bso less than 3 months ago and notice the difference in my skin already w/the drop of hormones. It has "lost it's luster". I have not yet tried, but am going to try Murad vitamins: Youth Builder and/or Wetsuit. They have another one too, but it is kind of pricey (Firm and Tone supplement pack), so I want to see if I notice a difference with either one of these first. Will let you know - but probably won't start them until after surgery anyway because I don't want to add anything new presurgically. Maybe somebody has tried them already??? They get good reviews online...

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2010

Minn, I added your GAP.  congrats on setting your date. 

Ginnie, I will remove your stage 2 for now. Let us know when you reschedule.

I lost a friend today to this friggin' disease. It was really fast. Just 2 weeks ago they told her she had 4 inoperable brain tumors, and 6-12 months. Yesterday they told her 2 weeks. She passed early this morning.  ahhh heck. Just sucks. 

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited February 2010

Oh, Springtime, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. May G-d send you comfort.

Leah