Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2010

Thanks Leah. :(

• BettyeE
    BettyeE Member Posts: 136
    edited February 2010

Great news Christy.  I hope my bone spots will be  nothing to worry about.  Bone scan in two weeks.

Lou Ann I am so jealous.  No drains.  I am down to one. It will come out Monday.

Gennie I hope you will heal well.  I am so sorry for all your problems.  I am praying for you.

I wish we would hear from the girls in NOLA.  I guess they are busy visiting with each other.

• ccbaby
    ccbaby Member Posts: 503
    edited February 2010

Thanks everyone! 

Spring...I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That was so quick and I feel so bad for her family. 

BettyE...I found out from my CT that I have a benign tumor on my back bone called a hemangioma which is nothing too much to worry about, just have to keep our eye on it.

• Jaimieh
    Jaimieh Member Posts: 925
    edited February 2010

Ladies that have to have follow up CT did you find out at your post-op appt that you needed to follow up ?? 

Spring~ I am so sorry to hear about your friend. 

• bennetts1
    bennetts1 Member Posts: 44
    edited February 2010

Springtime,

Sending you comforting thoughts and prayers for the lost of your friend to this horrible disease!  Friendship leaves a memory noone can steal!  May you treasure all your memories of your friend.

((HUGS!!))

Sandy B.

• ccbaby
    ccbaby Member Posts: 503
    edited February 2010
    Jamie....I had to have a follow up CT scan because of the lung nodules that showed up on my CTA scan in NOLA.. And they didn't tell me at the follow up, I read it in my paperwork.
  • Jaimieh
    edited February 2010

Thanks Christy.  I got paperwork but it just said that they checked out a lump (which was an old stitch) but nothing was said about my CT.  I am hoping that means it was nothing was seen.

• BettyeE
    edited February 2010

They called me with the news that spots had been seen on the CTA.  They thought I needed to follow up with a bone scan. 

• swastew
    swastew Member Posts: 110
    edited February 2010

Beverly - I am sooooooo sorry to hear about your friend - may you find comfort at this time. My thoughts are with you!

Nordy - My skin seems to be doing alright with a liquid Multi (NOW brand) - Omega 3 and Flax seed oil capsules.

Bettye - That drain will come out soon!!

xoxo

LouAnn

• iamc
    iamc Member Posts: 87
    edited February 2010

Nordy & LouAnn ~ good to know on the supplements. I have a prob tolerating vitamins generally, my stomach can't deal with too much. LouAnn, you aid LIQUID though, right?

C :)

• macksix6
    macksix6 Member Posts: 125
    edited February 2010

Jamieh the center sent my Ct scan results about 5-6 weeks after my surgery.

Eve great news on your surgery date. Too bad you didn't get my week. Sandy may be in Nola the week of my surgery with a friend for a consult.

Bev so sorry about your friend. I just received a news letter from my daughter's old high school  about a memorial fund set up for a women that I volunteered with. It was a real shock to hear that she had passed away from breast cancer.

Tammy I will be thinking of you tomorrow, good luck. HellofromCt and Holtbolt welcome to the other side and wishing you speedy recoveries.

• kcshreve
    kcshreve Member Posts: 349
    edited February 2010

(((Springtime)))  I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing.  There are no words.  - KC

• kcshreve
    kcshreve Member Posts: 349
    edited February 2010

ARNICA - This is a homeopathic used for swelling, trauma, bruising, or muscle aches.  It comes in different strengths.  Most of the time a 30x is fine, but for Stage 1 I used a 200x strength.  Generally, a couple doses can be taken the day before a surgery (3 pellets at a time), and then after surgery every couple hours.  After that, you can reduce to a few times per day, diminishing every couple days. Years ago I badly sprained my ankle and immediately called my MD who had studied homeopathy. He put me on arnica every 15 minutes for 3 hours, then hourly for the rest of that day.  The swelling was minimal.  I was shocked.  Dosing is a bit flexible, it seems to me. You can use both the cream and the pellets, which taste like sugar pills. They don't conflict with any of your other meds. You can order it online through Dolisos, or as others have mentioned, it can be purchased at Whole Foods. Homeopathics are over the counter so no need for a prescription. - KC

• swastew
    swastew Member Posts: 110
    edited February 2010

IAMC - yes, the supplements I take are all liquid - in capsule form. It seems I have a sesitivity to most vitamins as well - very hard on my stomach - and would feel nauseous all day - even after taking on a full stomach/empty stomach.....it didn't matter. I've had much more success with the liquid cap's!

LA

• Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited February 2010

Spring - I am so, so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. My thoughts are with you.

LouAnn - Thanks for the info on the vits!

KC - The Arnica I got today is the 200x. Good to know more about it! Thank you!

• Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited February 2010

Tammy - Thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow....

Holtbolt and HellofromCT - I hope you are both feeling well this evening and recovering well. You are now on the other side and it only gets better from here. 

• Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited February 2010

Spring - I'm so, so sorry. My gosh, it happened so fast... I have a very dear friend who is likely nearing the end of her fight, as well. Metastasis to the brain that is now being held at bay with chemo that is ruining her heart. She said recently that if she has helped one woman not die of breast cancer (by having their mammo's, etc.) by seeing what she has gone thru, it will be worth it. I told her that, then, she has fulfilled that wish, because seeing what she has gone thru has definitely helped me make my decision about the PM. But I hardly see that as worth her death, whatever she says.

Mileha - I e-mailed Katie about making my reservations. I already made some of them, but wanted to check to see if she could get any better rates, tho I'm happy with what I got and did include the Center code when booking it online. I still haven't booked the one weekend, tho, as I didn't know what to do about not knowing my release date from the hospital. Hopefully if I have to cancel one of those nites, she might have better luck than if it's just me. Did this make any sense to anyone but me?

LA - drains out! Yeah!

Jaimie - From your description, you have big girls!

Nordy - That would be great to meet you and anyone else who overlaps with me! I think we need to also add the dates of our whole stay and our hotels to our surgery dates up above, as soon as we each have them.

Me: Mar 28-30 Place d'Armes; Ap 2-4  Monteleone; Ap 4-7 Place d'Armes

Mack6 - Too bad we will miss each other!

2tzus - While we can't run away from the monster, we can dang well cut it out of us before it gets a firm hold - and that's what all of us have done or will be doing. Let it die in some heap of medical waste.

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited February 2010

((((Beverly))))  I am so sorry hon.  Cancer sucks!!!!  UGH!

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited February 2010

Spring- Im so sorry to hear about your friend.  Thoughts & prayers for her friends & family.

Tammy- Its your Day!  See you on the other side.

Hello & Holtbolt- Hope you are doing good this morning!

Pam

• LizR
    LizR Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2010

Spring - I am also very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  Breast cancer can be such a cruel disease.

Good luck to all of the women who were just in surgery or about to go into surgery this week!  And thank you to all of the women who post on this thread - it is so helpful for those of us waiting for our dates!

• BettyeE
    edited February 2010

Spring,

I am so sorry about your friend.  I lost a friend on Sunday also.  She was only 40.  I hate this disease!

• Jaimieh
    edited February 2010

Betty~ I am so sorry to hear about your friend also.....

• Warrior517
    Warrior517 Member Posts: 240
    edited February 2010

My Dear Warrior Sisters,

MY FIFTEEN MINUTES OF FAME IS HERE.....GO GET THE USA TODAY NEWSPAPER AND CHECK OUT THE FRONT PAGE..I MADE COVER STORY!! WOO HOOOOOO!!!!! I AM VERY EXCITED TO REPRESENT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US!! XOXOXOXOXXOO

• Cat1
    Cat1 Member Posts: 128
    edited February 2010

Spring - So sorry to hear about your friend.  This disease sucks!  My thoughts are with you and her family. 

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited February 2010

Bettye, I'm so sorry that you, too, lost a friend. Every loss diminishes the world.

May G-d send you comfort.

Leah

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2010

Congrats Warrior!

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone...

I wonder how Holt and Hello are doing! Tammy up next!

• Feb 23 - HoltBolt - Stage 1: Bilateral SGAP (Dr. D) in NOLA. St. Charles Surgical.
    • Feb 23- HelloFromCt -Stage 1 DIEP (Dr. D) in NOLA. St. Charles Surgical
    • Feb 25 - Tammy (TrainerTam) - Stage 1 Bi-lateral SGAP, Dr. D., NOLA. Homewood Suites. Baptist Hospital.
  • AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited February 2010
  • Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited February 2010

Warrior - Wow! And you look gorgeous, too! Beauty AND brains!

• Jaimieh
    edited February 2010

Warrior you are stunning! 

• iamc
    iamc Member Posts: 87
    edited February 2010

(( spring ))  (( bettye ))  so very sorry......