Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Soccermom4force
    Soccermom4force Member Posts: 311
    edited March 2010

Minnesota,

You are too funny!

Hope you are resting comfortably now! THANK YOU GARY!

Marcia

• Soccermom4force
    Soccermom4force Member Posts: 311
    edited March 2010

Update on Sueinfl...spoke with her a few minutes ago and she sounds great! Had a few issues with nausea so she asked to be disconnected from On-Q and PCA and is feeling MUCH better. Loves the new "girls" and is looking forward to her shower tomorrow,

Thats all the news for now!

Marcia

• SandyinSoCal
    SandyinSoCal Member Posts: 559
    edited March 2010

Hi Gary (and Eve!)  I never actually used my computer on the trip---was occupied otherwise just about every moment.  I got home late last night and saw your post when the plane landed, but could not post a response via iPhone.  Anyway, glad to hear that Eve is okay, and tell her that I will not allow her to steal my claim to fame!  I'm not having GAP just to beat her at her own game, so there!  PBBBLLLLLTTTTTT!!!!!  (her favorite expression!)  I'll call her later.  I had quite an ordeal with the journey home last night and need to rest my brain today.

• mileha
    mileha Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2010

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing great!!

I am a little over a week before I leave..I can't believe it. I have SOOO much going on before I leave. Next weekend, after Easter, I work Friday, my dd has dance recital practice, horse show saturday am, dance practice and dance recital and another horse show on Sunday. I don't know how I am going to get everything done!

Another of my random question-Did you lose weight after your DIEP? (without trying) I'm trying to figure out if I should buy more clothes? I currently weigh about 152 and I am 5' 4"

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited March 2010

I waited 6 months between stages, mainly to coincide with work/time off availablity. There's no problem with that kind of delay. In fact, your body may require that kind of time to "settle" more.

Anne

• laughlines
    laughlines Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2010

Yay - great to hear that Minn did well! And Sue!

It was so good for me to meet so many of you! What an amazing group of positive, fun women you all are. I hope everyone had safe trips home.

Spring - please add to the list above.

June 15 - Laughlines - Stage 1Bilateral Hip Flap - Dr. S

• SandyinSoCal
    edited March 2010

2tzus, there's no time limit on having stage II done.   How are you feeling?

Sandy

• SandyinSoCal
    edited March 2010

Laughlines, congratulations on scheduling!  It was great to meet you!

• holtbolt
    holtbolt Member Posts: 302
    edited March 2010

Congrats Minnesota and Sue...!  Yay!

I got permission to remove my last hip drain tomorrow!! Woohoo!!!  It IS April Fool's Day so I hope I don't get there and suddenly it pours out 50ccs.. LOL... Wouldn't that be a bad joke? I am so excited about this .... you have no idea.. wait... you DO have an idea.... lol  I get to go to Chicago this weekend drain free and I'm switching to a boyshort type of compression garmet instead of this horrid dominatrix thing... YAY all the way around!

Laughlines!  You have a date!! Woohoo!

Deja.. Margit... up next!! You ready!?  Tomorrow is April!!! Laughing

• Del11
    Del11 Member Posts: 398
    edited March 2010

3-4 months seems typical, but according to the plastic surgeons, there's no such thing as "too long" between stages.  Time is your friend.

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2010

So glad to read everyone is doing well!!  You can wait as long as you want.  It was six months between stage 1 and 2 for me.

So I found a lump on Saturday and have to have it removed on my left new breast.   Another scar.....dammit.  It is about 8 cm up from my new nipple.  I had an ultrasound done and they think it is just a lymph node and the breast surgeon and radiologist don't think it looks malignant, but still want it out.  And I do to.  When I felt it on Saturday my stomach dropped.  I've only had that reaction when I've felt cancer...mine twice and Tre's.  So I am hoping that my gut is wrong this time.  It feels like a very hard pea.  Anyway,  it is very close to the skin, so it will be just an in office prodedure.  She can't get me in until the 14th.  Ugh.  I hate waiting.

And to add to the stress, my sister also has to have a biopsy.  Remember she had a nodule show up on her annual breast MRI?  Well Friday we went in and she had a mammo and an US.  She has a complex cyst that looks pretty standard, but because of our family history they are recommending a biopsy.  We have decided that we need a group rate and that we are just going to sit by her new pool and drink martinis!  UGH.  She sees the breast surgeon on Monday to schedule hers. 

On a happy note the breast surgeon was AMAZED at my new breasts!  Even with the scarring!  She wants information from the Center.  She couldn't believe the quality of my nipple tattooing.  She also is giving me some samples of scar sheets to try and help with my raised areas of scarring.

On my hip scars and the parts that aren't raised, I have been using Passion Parties silicone lube and it has WORKED WONDERS!  My mom couldn't believe it!  I gave her a bottle to use on her lumpectomy scar.  I started using it after reading and comparing ingredients.  It hasn't helped with the raised scars....even the steriod injections Dr. S gave me didn't help that...but it has definitely helped with redness and with the scars that aren't raised.  So if anyone wants to try some, let me know.  It will just be cost plus shipping and tax.  It retails for $22, but my cost is only $13.20.  WAY cheaper than the stuff they sell on PS sites. 

Wow...I wrote a book.  Too much going on!  I need to get started on my scrap book page!  ACK! 

• sarabhealed
    sarabhealed Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2010

Fabulouls news about the drain Holt--you will feel sooo much better for your trip! Deja, Margit you will do great...think good thoughts going into it and try to aim for more pampering and less stress going into it...

Sara

• sarabhealed
    sarabhealed Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2010

Oh Trishia! Sorry about the latest news--I hate the waiting game too. Sending good thoughts and prayers your and your sister's way.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited March 2010

Trishia, praying for B9 results for you and your sister.

Leah

• Trishia
    edited March 2010

Thank you for all the well wishes.   It means a lot to me.

On a happier note!  Here is a picture of me in my NEW BIKINI!!  Woohooo!  I haven't worn a true bikini since I was 21!!! I am down 25 lbs since my stage 2.  Only a little more to go!  Here is proof there is hope for those of us with delayed surgeiries...so the football scars.  And those of us who are chubby girls!  I was 207 when I started this process.  Down to about 175 now.  

Bikini!!!

• HelloFromCT
    HelloFromCT Member Posts: 155
    edited March 2010

Looking great Trishia!  You must feel fantastic--and you should!  Congratulations!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited March 2010

Trisha, you look great, girl, in your new bikini! I had a lump too, and ultrasound showed it was Fat Necrosis, and I am to go back for another ultrasound in 12 months. Nobody wanted it out, just FYI, I know everybody's situation is different. 

Eve -- check in! Nice to hear from your Gary.

• Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited March 2010

Hi guys! So far i've survived. pleqase excuse mispellings   am looped! Can't think very staight or remebr anything. morphinr and blood loss, iguress. dr.d said i was not to get up today - jst see it as a rest day,  i coun't get up and walk, if a fire broke out, ,anyway   the girl looks great , I better close, since i daubt i;m making any sesnse also tryping this from a reclinig position so i cant see the keys too well. wonderful to meet so many of y9um = whar an amazing group of beautifl, intelligent, caring women!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited March 2010
    Nice to hear from you Minn!!!   :-)
  • mileha
    mileha Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2010

FREAKING OUT!!

I just did another UA, and there is still showing bacteria in the culture. What is going to happen now? I already did one round of antibiotics and I was RELIGIOUS about taking it when I was supposed to. Will this prevent me from having my surgery? I'm only 9 days out from leaving...

• macksix6
    macksix6 Member Posts: 125
    edited April 2010

Trishia you go girl you look HOT !!!!!!! I am so praying for a small bit of fat necrosis and all B9 for you and your sister.

Eve good to hear all is well. Loopy is good. Take it easy and get your rest. Wishing you a speedy recovery. BTW Dr D did a great job with my dents, I have an ass !!!!

T2 I waited 6 months for my stage 2 due to work/vacation scheduling. I felt really good and things had time to settle. I left the hospital 24hrs after my surgery and then walked for hrs. in the French Qtr. I don't think I would have bounced back so soon if I had my stage 2 earlier.

Pam I am so excited for you for your stage 2. This is the icing on the cake girl, the end is near.

Wishing all you stage 1 gals a speedy recovery.

Mileha get your Dr to give you a different antibiotic that may do the trick.

Sandy we have to get togther soon.

Stephanie

• ccbaby
    ccbaby Member Posts: 503
    edited April 2010
    Trishia..You look great!! Where did you get your bikini at? I love it!
  • camiam
    camiam Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2010

Trishia, you look a-mazing! Surprised I pray your lump is just necrosis, too. I've had several areas of necrosis over the past 8 yrs in my reconstructed breast. Praying for benign for both you and your sis.

I haven't been around to update b/c I've had a rough week. My recovery has been hard, and now on day 5, I'm worried. Ever since Monday (my last day in the hospital), my new breast has been incredibly swollen. WAY bigger than it had been on Sat & Sun after surgery. They had to give me a bigger size bra, and now it's too small. At the same time, there has been NO drainage coming from there since maybe Saturday (the day after surgery). I haven't gotten a lot of help from the Center, just them telling me swelling is normal. But I don't think they know how bad this swelling is, and on top of the drain not putting anything out...I've also been running a low-grade temp on & off, usually when the swelling is at a peak. There is no sign of infection- color is good (aside from bruising), incisions look great. Has anyone else experienced this type of swelling after stage 1? Or NO drainage at all? What about low-grade temp (on day 5??)? I've had a miserable time and haven't been able to go out and do much of anything. I had wanted to go over and visit with SueinFL, but haven't been able to leave my hotel room yet. :(  My post-op was moved up to 11am tomorrow, so hopefully he'll have an answer or something to reassure me. I just hope nothing is wrong. 

Oh yeah, I did end up getting the GAP that I wanted, and Dr S said he'll tighten up my tummy at stage 2 and transfer any fat to my previous reconstructed breast (which still needs a little more projection). For this surgery he did some lipo on my thighs and injected it into my previous reconstruction and made it really, really nice looking, even better than before. :)

• Gin52
    Gin52 Member Posts: 272
    edited April 2010

Trisha, you look awesome!!  To those that just finished -congrats!  To those coming up, good luck and prayers! 

Got my last drain pulled today and going back to work tomorrow.  Hoping I don't have any problems with drain since it was still putting out 30-40cc day, but was at end of 7 weeks and Jeanine called and said Dr D wanted me to pull it and stop antibiotic, so crossing fingers.....and toes.....and anything else I can cross!! lol  

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited April 2010

Cam--that swelling with no drain output does NOT sound good to me. Make sure they hear your concern when you talk to them!!

Eve--you're a funny drunk! Rest up, girl. You've been through a lot.

Trisha!!!!! You are TOTALLY rocking that bikini!! I'm going to try some on soon, but I'm not sure I'm as brave as you for posting pics. We'll see!! I have whittled 3 more inches off my waist since stage 2. Diet and exercise. I'm determined for it to stay off, and to throw away the "fat pants" forever!

Anne

• Trishia
    edited April 2010

Cam~That doesn't sound right.  Swelling with no output is not good.

Minn, you crack me up!!!  Yay for all those with no drains and who are on the mend.

Anne~you are so tiny and fit..you would truly ROCK a bikini!!  I have been doing the diet and exercise bit since 10/1 and it has paid off immensely.  Now if only my arms would tone up.  How many push ups does a girl have to do?

• kcshreve
    kcshreve Member Posts: 349
    edited April 2010

Cam - I am glad you have a post-op appt tomorrow.  You're in good hands. The last thing they want is for you to have troubles, so they'll check you out well.  If they need to do an ultrasound, or whatever, they've got all the tools to check right there.  Rest well.  I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly.  Are you still on antibiotics?

• camiam
    camiam Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2010

Your thoughts are the same thoughts I've had. I called Dr. Trahan several times Mon night-Tues morning (he was on call), and he just didn't seem concerned; I don't think I was able to convey that this is outrageous swelling; it feels like a water balloon, which to me sounds like fluid. I'm so glad Dr S will see it tomorrow and I hope there's nothing bad wrong. Thanks for the input. 

What about low grade fever? Did any of you have that nearly a week post-op? I've had it all week, on & off.

kcshreve, I am still on antibiotics and have taken them on schedule. I probably have another week's worth left.  

• Melonda
    Melonda Member Posts: 121
    edited April 2010

cam- I had a low grade fever on and off from the day I was released from the hospital to the day I got home. I took my temp about 4 times a day lol but it always just gott right below the worrying point. I had some worrying pain that I had called the center about also, but no swelling.

I'm sure they will look at it tomorrow and tell you whatever you need to know, i'm sure if they weren't concerned on the phone then they will know what to do to make it all better. Good luck!

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited April 2010

Cam- I am sorry to read of this.  Im Sorry Dr T has not taken you serious.  I hope that Dr S sees you at 11 on the dot & everything is ok...  let us know.

I have not been here all week...I wont be here probably much until after my surgery.  I am a terrified , nervous wreck.  My Necrotic breast is shrinking.  It was a Lg D.  it is now a small C .  it is smaller then my good side now.

I had a Bad Dream it melted away like a Snow pile to a Tiny A cup : (

I was afraid to get up today & look in the mirror.

Minn- Glad to see you checking in & doing ok.  I hope you can get up & walk around today & feel ok.  You get to sleep with Dr D-  I only get a date- LOL : )

Trishia- I hope your Sisters & your Lump are both B9!  You Look Fantastic in your Bikini!

Holt & Gin- So glad you are both Drain Free!  Good Luck at work Gin.

it was 2 years ago today I had my Cancer removed with a lumpectomy.

I asked the BS if it 'All Was Just a Joke'  (April Fools) he had no sense of Humor & didnt laugh.  LOL.

When the Anesthesiologist asked me my Birthdate- I lied & told him I was born 5 years later  then I was- He at least laughed

if not for Laughter- How do you get through all the Crap?