Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2009

Cankle Gap lololololol.

• happy29
    happy29 Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2009

Carolyn, sorry to hear the complications, That sounds scary and I am glad you have two successful flaps in the end. Please REST and take care of yourself . You body has been through major trauma!

Springtime- fun stuff showing off the new girls!!!!  You know it feels great when members of the Smilemedical field are SO impressed!!

I have a friend that tested positive for the gene. SHe is researching her reconstruction options. She has BC/BS of PA and may be looking at high OOP expenses. I know she will be calling NOLA Doctors. Does anyone know if anyone has had success with this insurance?

Something must be done with this healthcare system to allow our fellow BC Ladies this amazing reconstruction option with out having putting them in debt. Many of us are very fortunate. It is not fair..Frown 

• PATTY50
    PATTY50 Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2009

Carolynn, Sorry you had such a bumpy road . Thankfully they were able to do the stacked diep and that was successful. On the bright side now you have a flat belly too!  The scars will fade in time.  I also had a bump in the road with my surgery which took place the day after yours.  They day after the surgery one of the arteries developed a blood clot and could no longer be heard with the doppler.  The breast was also becoming cold to the touch.  I needed to be reoperated to remove the blood clot and reattach the artery. It was very scary for me and my husband.  I so understand about the cleavage! 

Gin, Wow! That is a LOT of fluid.  So glad you feel better.

Joy, I asked Dr. Allen about scar creams as well. He doesn't think they really help, but they won't hurt either.  I asked about Mederma.  He said I could use that or something with vitamin A. He thinks that how a well a scar heals depends on whether it is a vertical of horizontal scar and if movement causes a scar to stretch. Stretching is bad.

Spring, Show and tell!! LOL!  Their reaction must have felt so great. It is still too early for me for that.  I had Dr. Allen make mine as big as possible because I plan to lose the 15 pound I have put on with the tamoxifen.  Then during stage 2 we will see if any needs to be removed to make it symmetrical to my natural breast. 

Trisha, you go girl! How are you losing all this weight. Please tell me what your are doing! 

Question for any of you.  How do you know if you need to have additional fluid drained.  My breast feels really firm and is discolored (purple and yellow) in the areas where my original skin is. I can see my fingerprint when I press there. The skin that was transferred from the abdomen is normal in color and squishy.

Patty 

• happy29
    edited October 2009

Patty, Are you back home safely?? I hope you are well.  You sound good. I am meeting with Dr Allen on Monday and Abby is also going there that day ..LOL...I will meet her again face to face...

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Patty, that sounds scary. Glad things worked out. Thank GOD they do those dopplers! 

Hmmm, stretching is bad for scars. And I have this huge abdominal scar, and in doing some very gentle yoga today, I felt my whole tummy sort of being pulled taught. I can't just not ever stretch my stomach again!!! ugh. 

• PATTY50
    edited October 2009

Joy, I got back yesterday afternoon. Have spent most of the day sorting through 11 days of mail.  Not fun! Good to be home though.  My son made me a 'welcome home mom' banner which my mother in law hung on the window for us to see when we walked in. It made me very emotional.

So you will be reuniting with Abbey. Thats great.  Is she having a phase 2 also?

Patty

• LindaG47
    LindaG47 Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2009
    Happy, I have BCBS of MI but I think they all work the same.  BCBS told me that if the hospital isn't in net-work they would not pay.  I called NOLA and asked them if they participated with any insurance and they told me no.  I wanted to go to NOLA and knew my Dr. - Dr. Massey also practiced there, but couldn't because of BCBS policy.  FYI - Roper in Charleston is in the BCBS network and so are their anesthesiologist. Massey and Craigie/Kline are not, but I got a PPO Referral from my PCP and sent that to Jenny, Dr. Massey's coordinator. She then files it with the insurance.  As I understand it that makes them "in-network."  Insurance is so hard to understand.  I was on the phone sometimes 2-3 times a day trying to make sure this wasn't going to end up costing me $$$$$.  I would have her call both BCBS and ask them the policy and also talk to NOLA, because maybe there is something magical they can do.  I know everyones ins. is different, but gosh, look at ALL that go to NOLA and insurance didn't hold them back.  I don't know if anyone wants to share the ins. expense experience with you.  I hope my ins. considers all of mine in-network because I have reached just about all my OOP expenses and deductibles.   My biggest expense is travel, lodging, food and transportation for 4 people from MI.
  • Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited October 2009

Wow, Carolynn - You have been through it all these past few weeks! I am glad that they were able to stack the DIEP for you and get you a good result!!! Hang in there with everything - the hip drains tend to stay in longer, but some people are not big fluid producers and get them out early!!! I am certain that Dr. Sullivan was so sad that he could not save your flap - but I bet he was really happy when he was able to do the stacked DIEP and give you another chance at your left breast!!!

Patty - I would email a picture of your breast to Dr. Allen's and ask them if that looks okay!

Tricia - Sounds like you are doing great!!! 

I just had my regular onc appt. today - I had my scans and pre-op stuff faxed from NOLA today as well since my onc wanted anything diagnostic to review. Umm... so now I need a follow up CT scan next month to insure that the cysts that they saw on my liver are indeed just simple cysts. More fun and games for the holidays... wooopwoooop.... My onc said he is 98.5-99% certain that they are nothing but simple cysts but won't be happy without a follow up. So, I had to read up on simple hepatic cysts of course, and it does appear that they are more frequent in women and usually in the right lobe... surprise, that is where mine are. So, I am not worrying too much yet - but a few extra prayers probably wouldn't hurt either (hint, hint) Wink. On a good note, I have definitely met my OOP for the year, so that shouldn't cost me anything...;)

Oh, I also talked to Jennifer for just a second yesterday and she is busy redecorating her house or something crazy!!! So, I think it is safe to say that she is doing well, although she did say something about needing more sleep than normal... can't imagine why... major surgery, playing tourist in NOLA after, and redecorating!!!!  Wonder Woman!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

• happy29
    edited October 2009

Linda- Thank you for the information. I will pass it along. Also try and get then to reimburse your flights and lodging post-op. My DH and I went to Omega and we were reimbursed. Cant hurt to ask.at least for two of you....

Nordy- You are SO in my prayers! When is the CT scan?

Patty - not sure about Abby and stage 2- I think they will decide Monday -same with me. I did end up using Kmart bras with No seam because I had seam imprints when I would take it off.  Coming Home is emotional! Your Son, Joseph must be so relieved to see you! You have been through SO much. Please Rest! I hope you are still happy with your results.

SPing is right- Thank Godness for those amazing dopplers!!

• LindaG47
    edited October 2009

Happy,  I am always "happy" to share any information that will help.  Actually, I heard I could also deduct travel on my income tax, but I would rather see if I could get reimbursed,(holidays are coming)!   Thanks for the heads up.  I will pull out my insurance information and read up on this.  We need all the knowledge we can get! 

To all you "PINK WARRIORS"  out there - have a great weekend!  Linda

• happy29
    edited October 2009

Linda- The actual Hospital reimbursed us Not the insurance. FYI

• Gin52
    Gin52 Member Posts: 272
    edited October 2009

Carolynn -  all I can repeat is - WOW, prayers are with you lady!

Patty - definitely email the pix, I have been flooding Liz with pix and have had to be aspirated twice based on what she and Dr D saw in photos (well, done once, and scheduled once).  It can definitely help get any issues resolved, and is also just good for your peace of mind.

Nordy - positive thoughts and prayers are with you, girl!  Keep us up to date frequently, ok?

We have/are all going thru very complex procedures and all are bringing our unique body "issues" to the mix, but we do all have each other here to bounce ideas and questions off of and that is what makes this so bearable! 

So hats off to all of us and maybe we can have a "reunion" one day to get together and celebrate life with our lovely and safe new ta ta's! hehe...

• LindaG47
    edited October 2009

Happy....OH, your hospital did!  Did you go to NOLA?  That will never happen at Roper in SC  NOLA, I believe is privately owned by the "dream team."  That would make a difference.  Ha!  Maybe Dr. M would reimburse me.....Not!  I'll try for the income tax right off!   LOL!  Doesn't NOLA also set you up in a hotel near hospital for not much a day too?  Linda

• macksix6
    macksix6 Member Posts: 125
    edited October 2009

Carolynn so sorry to hear that you have had to go through so much. Spring and I both had very long 12hrs surgeries for the stacked diep/lumbar and look like we had a bad date with Edward Scissorhands. I am feeling greatjust after 2 weeks. You will get through this. The important thing is the good Drs at Nola made sure you left with 2 new viabale Ta ta's.

Ladies I keep hearing about those drains being removed. Keep those suckers in as long as possible especially the butt drains.

Nordy I am praying that your scan will be clear.

I had a horrible day yesterday. I learned that my oldest son was hit head on in a car accident the night before. Thank god he is OK. He had to have emergency surgery to repair broken bones in his legs and insert a rod. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Ginnie, You must be feeling better since you are thinking about a Reunion!!!  How is the fluid build up? Do you think you'll go get aspirated again next Tuesday?

Mack/Stephanie - I am laughing!!! Edward Scissorhands!!! LOL!!! Yes, that is me too...so Carolynn, though it was unexpected for you, YOU ARE SO NOT ALONE!

Insurance Woes: All I know is everyone says that NOLA will work with you on the cost. I can't help anyone with insurance as CIGNA is in network there... but several of my friends have negotiated with them and found other hospitals in the area that were considered "in network". Maybe BCBS is a real PITA.

We didn't ask for reimbursement of our travel and lodging, but we did claim *every cent* on taxes last year... It helped.... 

Today and yesterday I did gentle Yoga. It is really helping with my range of motion in arms/shoulders. Walked a mile each day too. I think at 5 weeks, I am starting to turn the corner. My hypersensitive skin between/under breasts continues, but I think it is lessening. I wore a sleep bra for the walk and yoga! That is a mile stone!

Nordy, clear clear clear clear clear clear Clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear Clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear Clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear Clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear clear.... oxoxoxox

Spring.

• plainjane64
    plainjane64 Member Posts: 521
    edited October 2009

OMG.....I think I've been reading/ playing catch up for 3 hours now!  And it sounds as if there have been some bumpy rides!  

Stephanie!  Glad your son is stable but he'll have some recovering...hey just like us!

Nordy-Prayers sister......I gotta go recheck the eggo's later in oct or nov...cysts......such a word that can mean Sooo many... tooo many things, and many time NORMAL things...but NERVE racking!!!

Gin-Yikes on the seroma situation!!!

Carolyn-Iamc.....I think I have married the 2 names appropriately...we never got to hook up for your preop my postop....DARN!

Happy-I'm intrigued...need to understand see where your incisions are and sounds like your doing famously!  So fascinating this perforator flap recon!

Dejaboo/Pam......You probably have family to help you out.  One thing I wish'd I'd had was some meals prepared and in the freezer.  Instead I have become Martha Stewart!  I seeded some herbs this week!  But I'm eating well and have made some lovely dishes and desserts!  And cleaned up, etc...uuug!  I'm running the dishwasher daily for me only!  This is unheard of in my Barren spinster, single woman life....Once a week was usually it...BUT!  It is so nice to eat fresh, healthy and not restaurant take out food!

Spring.  I think I have the same breast pain syndrome as you.  The outer lower breasts and by the end of the day the inner lower hurts as well as underneath.  I think(know) I'm doing too much.  Today restricted myself to my fabulous, bedroom; reading, computer and phone. Ok, so I did get a new bedspread ensemble last week on an outing w/ a friend...how could I refuse when we were shopping and it matched many other things(I already had) and was feakin 80% OFF!  Also,  I LOVE the BACKMAX...or whatever that thing is called I was promoting back before when we were all on 'the other side'lol!.....It is so freakin comfortable and perfect!  I can't go w/o a bra...that hurts, except for short periods or when I really need to lay down and take a load off.  IF the bra is too loose the breasts appear kinda lumpy....They gave me such an assortment of sizes and styles...The one white they called the new Dr. Massey bra I have in both XL and small?  WTH?  But I wear them both!  I probably started w/ the XL and graduated during my week in the hospital...I still have quite a bit of pitting edema/mostly breasts but some puffiness above/below abd incision.....the breasts remind me a bit of Playdough at the end of the day.....anybody else?  I do wonder too if this is size related as I was 36DD before.  Haven't tried on any regular bras but have a couple form my LE therapist from when I had that seroma in June and they fit.  I've been in touch w/ Nola office nurses, Hospital nurses, etc and nobody too concerned. About the edema and what I'm describing. Then again...I'm less than 3 weeks! 

A couple random comments.  I called St Charles Hospital and talked w/ the nurses there this am....mostly about the breast pain. We can call the hospital 24-7 if the office isn't open...OMG I know all those nurses...I was there a week!  Mostly self service pt visiting the nurses and comapring notes....had to stay due to caretaker issues/unreliability. I am 2.5 wks out?  My surgery tues 9/22 but I had to go back to OR early 9/23 to evacuate that R breast hematoma and got a couple units blood....so I'm going w/ 2.5 wks out.  Anyhoo...I wear the surgical bras and the abd binder.  Sometimes I need a break from one or the other or both.  My latest thing....and maybe because I'm not taking as much lortab(BUT more than likely due to the fact I'm doing TOO much)... Is.....the area above my new belly button under the breasts(like mid rib cage) sort of sore and feels loose?  not sure how to describe.  When they first put me in the abd binder they had it way up high and just said don't let it hit the bottom of the breasts.  I think I took it to a new level tho and I lowered it(I'm 5'8") mostly because I was using it to keep the dressing on my belly.  I have only one drain to lower L abdomen.  The same and only one I came home w/.  It's been a tease.  20 something cc then 30 then 15 then back up to 25. I am pretty consistently hovering right about 20 so maybe monday/tuesday?  I'll keep it as long as needed.

So, I'm not REALLY redecorating BUT!  I moved into my home less than 2 yrs ago(and it is FABULOUS!). AND literally 5minutes from DFW! I am still getting settled and fine tuning the feng shui ya know?  Have been doing a lot of measuring and having others come move stuff someplace else.  Also assembled a bunch of garden lights, garden baubles, trellises, etc, framed a bunch of prints and antique maps I've had for 2-3 yrs but didn't have room for at the other place...or just needed some time to sit in the room and figure out how it would work best.  Have decided to reconfigure one spare bedroom. And have a vision, know how my great room may change/rearrange in the next 5 yrs or so.  Also sheesh...I have wooden blinds, etc...but I had bought some pretty sheer drapes and a bunch of fabulous hardware shortly after moving in, but just got the blinds in.  I know pretty much where all will go.  It's coming togther quite nicely...I'm positively TICKLED!  Add the neighborhood night out and getting to meet all the neighbors and tell them about my new breasts from my abdomen and I'm the most popular gilr on the block!  but do NOT forget the halloween decorations which I have always been over the top.  A girlfriend and her 8yr old came over last pm and we got started.  They're coming back tomorrow w/ her husband and he's gonna do the wall anchor stuff for big pics/etc., plus whatever else I can squeeze onto rent a husband list.

But there's more....single, no kids does not = no life.  I'm taking a class thursday nights and have returned but have assignments.  Also, and this made my thursday...i got subpoena'd  JOY!  Not....never before....knock on wood...not pt related rather employee related.  Very glad I'm not working for now as low census means floating to ER...or also getting sent home!  Fortunately I have disability and a nice collection of pd time off.  nonetheless...my resume will be updated AND I have to renew a credential before the end of Oct.......I need a secretary!

The best news!  I am bringing Jackie- my good friend and the woman who cleans my house but actually markets herself as 'jackie of all trades'.  she is good as gold.  has been such a huge help and we have so much fun together.  she knows this whole saga, allabout NOLA and I feel I have to take her so she can meet all these folks.  She lives in east TX and doesn't get to travel much however was in upstate NY the week I was in St. Charles.  she stayed w/ me the wek I got home and we hightailed it for tex mex and TX barbecue ASAP tho we had NO complaints about our previous weeks respective cuisine.

OK, this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooooooo long.  I've missed you all and some of us will hook up in Dec.  I'm staying at Marriott...i think I finally got a free night or 2...hey my next door neighbor works for marriott so may be able to get an even better rate.

Truly this entire journey continues to be surreal.  I may have told you the profanity was flowing from my mouth due to the AWE of ALL this!  AND all of you ladies!

Love you all

AND...I am here for your DFW connection!  Or happy to host a slumber party I've got the facility and even 2 wks postop apparently am the hostess w/ the mostest....but I'll probably just tell you to do it yourself!  make yourselves at home!

Wish there was a way to watch the encourage stuff since I'm not in Indiana, CA or NO...Katie said they were working on that..............

ok, really, the end!...for now...hee hee!

xoxo,jennifer 

• PATTY50
    edited October 2009

Mack- I can't imagine what you must have gone through with your son yesterday.  So  glad  he is okay.

Nordy- I will be praying for you for normal CT scans.  Just keep reminding yourself that your onc is 99% certain they are cysts. 

Happy-I am extremely happy about the results. I have already started picking at the glue in the shower.  Looks so much better without the glue. I still have one hip drain which can come out as early as tommorow.  It seems to hover at about 40cc everyday so I might wait a little longer.  My sister in law is a physician and volunteered to remove it, although Dr. Allen said that Rich could do it.  Rich was happy to be off the hook and we gladly accepted my sister in laws offer.

I may send a photo to Dr. Allen but not sure anyone will be there over the weekend. He did give me his cell phone number so I might call.

Patty

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Yep, it all starts looking better as you get the surgical glue off and the black stitches! And your body "de-puffs" from surgery and all that friggin fluid!!!  

Jennifer, what an update! I too feel worse under/between breasts at end of day. It is the oddest damn thing. I am sure a nerve thing. Today it is like burning. UGH!!!  I think it is GREAT you are taking your Jackie of all trades!!! I too am chummy with my cleaner lady.  I think it is a smart woman who is good to her cleaner, sitter, nanny, secretary, nurse, elder care giver, receptionist, etc. These are the women that run the world! Let's face it!!!

Oh, about the ab sort of pain. Earlier on, I had sort of a 'poking out feeling" in my ab on one side, sort of to the side of the belly button area. This has resolved more and more over time. I too am 5 8 and lowered my "dominatrix" outfit ( as Nordy calls it, ha!!! aka binder) and wonder if this mattered too??

Spring. 

• NebrNan
    NebrNan Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2009

Carolynn - so sorry to hear about your second surgery but so glad they were able to get you fixed up!  And glad you are still on for Dec 9 - you are my Stage 2 buddy!

You are all in my prayers for a speedy recovery (and for your son as well, Stephanie).  

I am back at work (part time this week and back to full time next week).  It's going OK but I am still more tired than usual so I'm a couch potato in the evening.  I tried some Bio-oil and Palmers this week and now my abdomen is red and itchy so I must be sensitive to something.  I'll have to stop it all and try to figure out which one is causing the problem once the redness settles down.   Or maybe it is just clothes rubbing since I'm more active now. 

Keep healing. . .

• happy29
    edited October 2009

Macksix- So sorry to hear that your son was in an accident. How very stressful for all of you. I hope you are able to try and rest ,knowing that he will be Okay. I hope the rod in his leg is not TOO painful. Thinking of all of youSmile

Jennifer - you sound great and your new home sounds beautiful. What is DFW? Do you have friends and family close by? I hope you have people close by- You are in the THICK of it!! Please rest.Run that dishwasher- better yet- leave the damn dishes in teh sink- it won't be the end of the world.Wink My incisions are about 2 inches away from bikini line. They run parrallel to bikini line through inner thighs and up a few inches on my rear end. 12 inches each leg-yikes. the incisions line up with underwear. Not sure if I am describing it right. My inner thighs definitely look thinner and tighter!

Patty- I am PM ing you Debbie's email that she gave me to send photos. She will respond. Dr Allen pays them very well. I cant believe you already can pick your glue. SO glad you are happy with results!!!

Linda- My doctor is Dr Robert Allen. He is no longer affiliated with the Breast Doctors at NOLA. I did travel to NEw Orleans for reconstruction at Omega Hospital. I think he used to work with the NOLA Physicians - not sure what happened- Hurricane KAtrina maybe maybe someone else knows???...Dr Allen is also in Charleston, SC and NYC (that is why I am meeting him in NYC on Monday)

Spring- hang in there. Ladies - we talk about physical issues- how is everyone doing emotionally?  Today I felt upset that I am not 100%- I am tired of being tired. I still have some pain some of the time. I wish I could bend over without it hurting or walk normally and a normal pace. My scars upset me and I miss the feeling of my old boobs and my old self. CryThis sucks but I keep remembering it could be so much worse.

FYI- I saw SPanx on sale at Neimans LAst Call for $12.00. Originally $20.00

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Happy, how many weeks out are you now? I don't see you listed above in my "master" list. If you tell me the specs, I'll put you there.

Dr. Allen, I think, was one of the original pioneers of all these microsurgical techniques. He was the mentor and I think taught the two NOLA doctors long ago. Recently, the NOLA doctors opened their own hospital. Around that time, they stopped using OMEGA and Dr. Allen started coming to NOLA and using OMEGA!!! Also, at this time, Dr. Massey seemed to join the NOLA docs. Who knows! It just seems more and more like the place to go for this type of breast surgery is New Orleans!!! One way or the other!  (Though, Dr. M and Dr. A still have offices in other states...) 

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited October 2009

Jennifer!  What an update!  Sounds like you are doing marvelously!

Nordy~sending lots of positive and healing energy to you!  I had abnormal cysts on my CT results to.  On my ovaries and on my adrenal gland and a uterus filled with fibroids, despite ablation 5 years agao. With my genetic dx, they are recommending a hysterectomry and monitoring the adrenal gland.  Have to have another scan after I see the genetic doc in November.  Call me crazy, but I am putting off a hysterectomy for as long as possibly can.  I am not BRCA, my genetic dx is different, and makes my entire body prone to cancer, but the incidence of adrenal cancer is higher than the rate of ovarian cancer, so I feel comfortable monitoring for now.  We'll see how I feel after my appt in November.  If I do have to have it all out, I'm PMing you for info on the DaVinci procedure.  I really want to keep my hormones until I am closer to 50.  I am not even 40 yet!!!  Damn genetics!!!!!

As far as all the size dropping..that is from the DIEP!  Dr. Sullivan told me at my first meeting with him that I would probably drop 2 or 3 sizes from the surgery.  And he was right!  I was a pretty chubby girl, so when you remove all that belly fat and then the hip fat, it is really noticeable.  Yesterday I wore a pair of pants that I haven't worn in  almost 3 years. I gained 30 pounds over the last 3 years. Now I am dieting and exercising like I did years ago when I was thin, because I want the rest of me to look at good as Dr. Sullivan has made me look!  

Carolyn and Nebranan~I will get be in NOLA that day too for my Stage 3!  Hopefully we can meet up.  

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Trisha, Give me your stage 3 date(s) and I will add above! 

And I hear you about wanting to keep your hormones until 50. I think you are smart to be monitoring. However, if you ever do it (I looked into it but decided not right now anyway) the DaVinci thing is a laproscopic robotic assisted surgery, with much less bleeding, and a much quicker heal time.  According to what I was pitched....

If any of you know of a woman who has had her Abdominal incision lowered in Stage 2, can you let me know? 

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited October 2009

Stephanie- Im very sorry to hear this!  I am so glad your son is 'ok.' 

How is he doing this morning?

Nordy- Ill be thinking of you during your scans.

Gin- How are you doing- Hope the fluid build up isnt happening...You too Nordy!

Wow, Jennifer- You are one Busy Lady!

And those that I have missed- I know I have- I hope you are all doing good too!

Spring- If you are busy changing things on the schedule above- Im going to be at the Monteleone before surgery now- instead of Hope Lodge.

Pam

• Dejaboo
    edited October 2009

Oh & those that have stayed at the Moneleone & or Homewood suites.

It says they have a hair dryer available...Is it already in the room?  Or do I have to go get it at the desk?

Pam

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Monteleone in room for sure. I think same for Homewood. I think in Homewood, it is attached to the wall...  Pam will change the above specs for you!

Anyone else?  

• Dejaboo
    edited October 2009

Thanks on Both Spring.

Pam (3.5 weeks to go!)

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited October 2009

I fly in 12/8, see Dr. S on 12/9, get my tats on 12/10 at noon and then fly out at 5 pm that night!  I am pretty sure we are staying at the Hotel Monteleone again.  Hubby is coming with me this time!  I wouldn't let him come the other 2 because he is so ridiculously over protective and worried with surgeries and seeing fresh incisions.  I didn't want to worry about him...LOL! 

We are going to go to Commander's Palace to celebrate. And shop, shop, shop for lingerie!!!  The Trashy Diva in the Quarter has been waiting patiently for me since my first venture in there with my hubby after our cruise in early March.   I better book some extra parties!!!  

• Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited October 2009

Trishia - You are so funny! Shopping for lingerie!!! Thank you for your post - I knew that you had said you had some cysts on your CTA also. How do you cope with the waiting? I have a hard time with things out of my control and the waiting! My issue is that I start searching... sometimes not a good thing. Because they found cysts on both my liver and my left kidney, I am finding all kinds of good news (not) about a disease that involves simple cysts on both and eventually leads to kidney failure. SO, if it is not one thing it is another. I am hoping that by some miracle my body has just developed both, unrelated and that none of it is related to cancer OR renal failure! Good heavens, that is one thing that does not run in our family... I am hoping to keep it that way! I will let you know about the Davinci - if nobody near you does it when you get around to it, I have a fabulous doctor here and I will meet the gyn/onc at the end of the month and hear he is phenomenal. You can always skip across the state and see my docs, then recup for a day or two at my house.... although sometimes my kids don't exactly make for a restful recovery. But I love having them around, for sure!

Stephanie- holy cow. I hope that today brings your son feeling a bit better. So sad that he had to have surgery and so many injuries, but sooooo glad that he is still here with us. 

Jennifer - girl, you are running a mile a minute!!! Take some time at some point to kick your feet up and put in a good movie or read a good book! Next time I am in the DFW area, I want Pappasitto's!!! YUM. I will let you know if/when I will be in the area.

Glad to hear everyone is progressing - some of us more slowly than others, but hey, we are all just moving along! Hurray for tata's!

• Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited October 2009

Springtime,

You asked if anyone has had scar lowered in stage 2. I had my abdomenal scar lowered in stage 3. My stomach was so tight, Dr. D. recommended I wait at least a year before trying to lower it, so I did. It helped a lot. Also, he revised the whole scar and made it straighter and finer.

I've corresponded with a couple of you, so maybe you could add me to the list above, also. I am going to New Orleans for fun, but also will have a consult with Dr. D. about possible PM on the other side (long story - and I don't know if I have enough fat), as well as tattoo touch-ups again with Donn. I'll be staying at the Monteleone 11/29-11/1, then the Sully Mansion B&B 11/1 - 11/3, then Place d'Armes 11/3 - 11/5. Consult with Dr. D. 9 a.m. on 11/2. Tatts 1:30 0n 11/3. I'll also be meeting up with MomsDaughter, another alum, and she is also having a consult on 11/2. She'll be at the B & B at the same time I am.