Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited December 2011

Healing vibes Michelle and see you soon!

You too Rosemary.  (c:

• louis13
    louis13 Member Posts: 195
    edited December 2011

Hah funny! I am in room 214 michelle , will shuffle in shortly!

• kathrynla
    kathrynla Member Posts: 406
    edited December 2011

Rosemary - I know what you mean. It's a bit like a child who's learning to walk...once they get one foot moving in front of the other, there's no stopping them (literally!) Keep on truckin'!

As for me, I did have back, front, knee, inner thigh, under the tush lipo. This is how I learned I had a high pain threshold (I never knew it). It's not that I didn't ache, or get a sharp pain if I got in a certain position, but it just didn't bother me that much.  In general, I have not found this process very painful at all. Uncomfortable, emotionally and physically draining, yes - but not really painful. 

• JustLaura
    JustLaura Member Posts: 213
    edited December 2011
    KathrynLA - you are tough! I definitely thought that the tenderness from the lipo hurt! It hurt much more than I thought it would. I always thought I had a high tolerance for pain but I have learned that I don't!
  • Adey
    edited December 2011

I hope to follow your lead Kathryn.

I just bought a bunch of PJs, including some footy Cuddle Duds!  Getting ready.  (c:

• Del11
    Del11 Member Posts: 398
    edited December 2011

If anyone is looking for a spare black dom, short legs, XXL, let me know and I'll mail it to you. I got one with my latest stage 2 surgery last week but it was too big to really give me compression. Worn home from the hospital and 1 day after that, and that's it.

Update:  this has been claimed.

• dbdaze
    dbdaze Member Posts: 139
    edited December 2011

So what's the weather like in New Orleans, girls?  We're heading there in 9 days and I'm so hoping it isn't as cold as it is here in Washington state.

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Member Posts: 133
    edited December 2011

It has been in the 60's. Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be 70's with rain for me this is good coming from cold central Illinois.

• louis13
    edited December 2011

Question ladies.. What do you do about the itching under your girdle after lipo?? guess nothing... And anybody else get a numb tip of your tongue from anesthesia?the anesthetist said it will resolve but it sure feels weird.

And lovely to meet you Michelle, you look fabulous!

• JustLaura
    JustLaura Member Posts: 213
    edited December 2011
    Rosemary - For some reason right after my Stage 2 I broke out in hives on the backs of my thighs under the DOM (only place). It was a hassle. I had to take Benadryl to help the itching - it drove me crazy (especially at night). The Benadryl helped tremendously though.
  • bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited December 2011

Oh boy.. I itch too... 

I bought the Marena L, and may now order the medium... I came home with Veronique XXL and they just keep slipping down... the Marena is so much better.

• beacher4209
    beacher4209 Member Posts: 259
    edited December 2011

Hey Ladies i started a new topic under breast reconstruction its" fatgrafting (brava) vs the diep" it looks like alot of you have got some great info for us ladies trying to make this very important decision. We want to hear the good ,the bad and the ugly Please help us out thank!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited December 2011

I told you that Marena rocked! I am glad you like it Betsy. Still tight, but smooth and softer on the skin. That DOM thing irritated my skin, rough somehow.

Momma2four - I had the stacked DIEP/GAP and I also had to have a blood transfusion, AND I also was not that thrilled with the idea when i "woke up" and found out. But, it has been over 2 years and all is well. Everybody says the blood supply is now very clean, let's hope that it is true!!!! 

• Springtime
    edited December 2011

Next week: Two Stage 1's!!!

Dec 5 - Fight-Like-a-Girl - Stage 1, Dr M. and Dr. D., NOLA. 

Dec 6 - Adey Stage 1 delayed bilat recon, Dr. M and S in NOLA

• bdavis
    edited December 2011

MICHELLE. I also had stacked DIEP/Gap and blood transfusion and BMX... Of course my DIEP and GAP were two different surgeries 1 month apart... but still...

Beacher... The fat grafting we are all having is to supplement the DIEP, nit create the breasts... Some doctors out there are claiming to build breast with fat grafting.. I personally am a big skeptic.

• Soccermom4force
    Soccermom4force Member Posts: 311
    edited December 2011

7 year Survivor today!!!!!

:)))

• bdavis
    edited December 2011

!!!!!

• Jerusha
    Jerusha Member Posts: 339
    edited December 2011

Surfagirl: The silicone nipple guards(Dr D) do stick out, though I think they can be cut down somewhat. The brown paper-covered ones (Dr S) do not stick out at all.

• Jerusha
    Jerusha Member Posts: 339
    edited December 2011

Surfagirl: The silicone nipple guards(Dr D) do stick out, though I think they can be cut down somewhat. The brown paper-covered ones (Dr S) do not stick out at all.

• bdavis
    edited December 2011

I use the silcone ones... and cut them in more than half... then I wear a padded bra, that isn't tight, and its fine.

• Springtime
    edited December 2011

Marcia Marcia Marcia!!! Congratulations on 7 years out!!! And thanks for all you do to support other women. Love to you!!! xoxoxoxoxo

• Adey
    edited December 2011

Good morning!

Spring- Fight is re-scheduled for March 23 at Fairway.

I leave tomorrow and am looking forward to the weather. Nerves kicking in.  Excited too.

7 years, congrats!  My 2 year anniversary is also my 50th birthday.  I hope to be done by then (5/5/12).  Bleached my hair yesterday, I'm totally Billy Idol.  (c:

• celtic_antique
    celtic_antique Member Posts: 351
    edited December 2011

Morning all ... been more of a lurker as the time gets shorter for December Stage 2 and the list of things to do seems to grow exponentially every day LOL! Contractors all over the torn up house, but will be mostly done with our B&B conversion when I return from NOLA! Nice Christmas gift!

Question for those who have done Stage 2. I will (had hip flaps, unilateral) need to have the donor site taken care of and then a lift on the other buttock. Contralateral breast was lifted in Stage 1, but will need supplementation. Also will be looking at lipo on abdomen (just a touch) and removal of dome "dog ears" from a previous surgery, and LOTS on my inner and outer thighs and knees. Any rough idea of how long you stayed in your compression garments? And how long before you could resume your regular activities? I know this is somewhat subjective as we all heal differently and have different stuff done, but a friend is offering a 2 week trip to the Caymans to celebrate "the end" of the journey and we are trying to plan timing. Thx! 

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Member Posts: 133
    edited December 2011

Congrats Marcia!

Addy....can't wait to see you...Billy Idol...good for you! What time do you get in?

I am pretty sore at the donor sites. Dr. M said that I had hip flaps instead of gap...pretty much almost the same?? Should I still be really sore day 3? I get to shower today yeah!

• Springtime
    edited December 2011

Adey, you are not rescheduled for Mar 23, are you? Sorry, don't understand. 

• Springtime
    edited December 2011

Momma, you sound great! Show is a big milestone, and feels so good!! You still have those OnQ pain balls, you should be fine! :) Move around a bit, tour the halls if you feel up to it!

• Adey
    edited December 2011

Spring- Not me... fights like a girl is rescheduled!  (c:

M2F- We get in Sunday afternoon, around 3:30, yikes.

• Soccermom4force
    Soccermom4force Member Posts: 311
    edited December 2011

Thank you Springtime and Mom2/4! :))

• louis13
    edited December 2011

Ladies, best swamp tour? Any recommendations??? This is for my 23 year old son who wants to go tomorrow and we are madly looking thru brochures

• louis13
    edited December 2011

Soccer mum congratulations!

Michelle, I remember well that sense of how long is this going to hurt like this after stage one ,,, Are we there yet? I am doing it now with stage 2... And you have been thru so much already but am sure this is going to be the turning point where each stage from here on IS really getting you to where you want to be, you are in the best hands