Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
What part of day-to-day life during your breast cancer experience has been most challenging for you? Take our poll.

NOLA in September?

Comments

• swastew
    swastew Member Posts: 110
    edited January 2010

Jamie - my appt is at 4:00 - they also reschedule Brenda - and hers is at 4 as well!!

Have a safe drive - best of luck with surgery - I will check on you Tuesday!!

• Jaimieh
    Jaimieh Member Posts: 925
    edited January 2010

Okay I hope your appt. is not running behind...lol... 

• plainjane64
    plainjane64 Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010

LouAnn!  that is a riot!  I didn't get breasts w/ my pedi but I was definitely all breast all the time......sheesh it becomes such a focus!  It's all about the breasts sister!  Have fun!

• Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited January 2010

LouAnn - I LOVE the toes!

Margit - rest up and you will slowly feel well... yes, wonderful to have boobs that MOVE!

GIN - Oh my... you rest as well! Weekly taxol is not bad - I did it for 12 weeks. The dosage is lower because of increased frequency - so much more tolerable. Hang in there!!!

Jenn - I have MISSED you! Glad to hear your week at work went well!

Jaime - WOW... here you go....!!!!! You will be GREAT!!!!

• holtbolt
    holtbolt Member Posts: 302
    edited January 2010

Louann.. LOL nice!

Jamie, LouAnn, Bayyyy, Brenda, Betty...  GOOD LUCK!!  Laughing Breasts for Valentine's Day!!  Woohoo!

• poolgirl
    poolgirl Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2010

If any of you ladies need a good massage therapist in the Baton Rouge area I can recommend my  Therapist. She has been great at reducing my scar tissue. I am very happy with the results. It is not without pain I will admit that. But worth it.

Good luck to all of you going into surgery!

• Nordy
    edited January 2010

Lydia - I want her name when I go down there in March... Yes, definitely. :)

• Nordy
    edited January 2010

Jaime - I am SO thinking about you tonight... I remember too well the anxiety and eagerness before leaving for my stage 1. You will do GREAT and you are in fabulous hands. The CTA will be a piece of cake, you will be marked blue before the end of the day on Monday and by this time on Tuesday you will be on the other side of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you  (and LouAnn and Brenda) this week.

Speaking of LouAnn- I am of the SWA website to book my hubby's flight. It appears that he is going with me... well kind of - we have to fly out of different cities because I will be dropping off the kids, but we will meet up in NOLA on the same day. Maybe I can work our layovers to be the same airport and manage to meet half way! We pretty much only fly SW - I wonder if I have ever been on one of your flights??? You are not the flight attendant who has the tray that someone wrote "tell me I'm pretty" on there are you? LOL... I think that is hysterical.... 

• HelloFromCT
    HelloFromCT Member Posts: 155
    edited January 2010

Best of luck Jamie, Bay and LouAnn!!!  We will be thinking about you and waiting to hear how you are!  Let us know as soon as you can!

Suzanne

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited January 2010

Good Luck to all the Ladies this week!   Jaimieh, Bayyyy, LouAnn & Brenda26

I will be thinking of all of you on your day.

Remember it will get better- before you know it!

Pam

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2010

LouAnn, you crack me up girl!!! You go boobie toes! Make sure you point that toe art out to everyone in NOLA!!! they will get a kick out of it! 

MargitN and Ginny, Hang in there girls. One....day....at....a....time. Some days it is a good day to get through the day. You will not always feel like this. Hold onto that!

Jen, thanks for the info on Trunctal Lymph. I am glad I know it exists and I am going to take care of it. It says exercise is important and helpful, and I am glad to hear that. I will continue my Yoga !

Good luck to the Surgical Warriors coming up!!!

• Jan 26 - Jaimieh - Stage 1: Bilaterial s-gap (Dr S.) NOLA. St. Charles Surgical Hospital.
    • Jan 26 - Bayyyyy - Stage 1 DIEP, NY.
    • Jan 27 - Swastew (LouAnn) - Stage 1: Stacked DIEP/Lumbar, NOLA (Dr. S) (Details: Arrive NOLA January 25, staying at the Hilton Suites the 25, 26 - then on to Fairway for surgery 27th. Back at the suites the 31st, Post OP appt Feb 3rd, then flying home Feb 4th!!!)
    • Jan 29 - Brenda26 - Stage 1: ???, (Dr. S) NOLA
    • Feb 2 - BettyeE - Stage 1 delayed DIEP (left) immediate DIEP (right). Dr. D,. NOLA.

Love love love, Spring. 

• macksix6
    macksix6 Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2010

LouAnn love the "tata" toes, too funny.

OK ladies looks like a busy week. Jamie, Bayyyy, LouAnn, Brenda and Betty sending you prayers and healing thoughts for speedy recoveries.

• CharlestonGirl
    CharlestonGirl Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2010

ccbaby, try coconut oil. I use extra virgin oil. It is great for the skin in general!  The oil should help loosen the glue. If it is stubborn, try rubbing it in early morning and then more in the evening. Be gentle - it should work.

You can make cookies with the leftovers, just use as a substitute for shortening/butter/oil. YUM!

• Warrior517
    Warrior517 Member Posts: 240
    edited January 2010

((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) Ginnie!!! Wow...so sorry to hear you are having problems. We are all sending you love, hugs and lots of healing prayers!!! Keep us posted, sweetie!!

• laughlines
    laughlines Member Posts: 115
    edited January 2010

Good luck Jamie, Bayyy, and LouAnn! I'll be rooting for you. And yes, I think those boobie toes are going to be a new trend LouAnn!

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited January 2010

I loved the Boob Toes too!

Especially the Rhinestone nips.  I love Sparkle- : )

Pam

• ccbaby
    ccbaby Member Posts: 503
    edited January 2010

Good luck to all the ladies this week!!

Plainjane and CharlestonGirl....thanks for the great advice! I spent extra time tried rubbing more off in the shower and it did help some.  I don't have coconut oil, but will try the olive oil. Cookies sound good too!

LouAnn....I love the toes!! great idea!

• plainjane64
    edited January 2010

OK football fans and otherwise...there is a BIG football game in NOLA starting now....turn on fox.....all you girls this week.......It is going to be GREAT!

Back to watch the whodat nation

Very glad I can type....I have NO voice.......have been so lucky, not sick w/ anything  in a long time thank goodness but major upper resp stuff   got bad friday afternoon. Thinking it is starting to break up after 2 days in bed.  Tomorrow I'm scheduled off.

Love, prayers, good vibes headed to you all, esp this weeks girls and of course Gin.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2010

CCBaby, now I have an image of you all covered in oil! LOL!!!!  My glue, in some spots, was tougter to get off. Belly button!!! ugh! 

• melaniew1
    melaniew1 Member Posts: 209
    edited January 2010

MARGIT - hang in there. week 4 was MAGIC for me. I felt blah, depressede, so fatigued, and then week 4!  BINGO!  It just takes several weeks for all those drugs to get outta there.  Be patient, sleep often and drink lots of fluids!

GIN- feel better soon, I am so sorry for all you are going thru. Chemo is really rough tough stuff!

ALL THE BRAVE GIRLS going to NOLA or elsewhere this week!  GOOD LUCK!  All will be well and I am so proud of you for going after what you want!  YEAH for you all.

PJ - its H*LL getting back into the groove isnt?  Rest often, I still get fatigued a bit by mid to late week,

Nordy - Thanks for the well wishes on the BACTRIM, that stuff made me sick as a dog!  Severe anxiety too!  I did some searching on line and ANXIETY as well as sleep issues are just a few of the HORRIBLE side affects.  It took me a week to get thru that.  Geesh!  NO MORE BACTRIM EVER FOR ME!

Spring - You have created a thread with a LIFE of its own that is for sure.

CCBABY -  I think I was still picking the glue off when I went in for stage 2 three months later!  HA!

Warrior - GREAT NEWS about DH.  I hope you are feeling good too!

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!  I love your courage!  Hang tough! 

Ok, thats all for now, off to get a good nights sleep before the week begins. This time of year is HORRIFIC for me at work, I rarely get home before 7 these days, so needless to say, I have not been on here all week.......6 pages to catch up!  yikes!  So I hope I have not forgotten anyone.  Forgive me if I did.  Have a great week ladies. xxoo Mel

• macksix6
    macksix6 Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2010

Yahoooooo Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ccbaby
    edited January 2010

You know they are partying hard in NOLA right now!!!!

LMAO Spring and Wow Melanie....I was beginning to think I was the only one with glue problems!! lol

• swastew
    swastew Member Posts: 110
    edited January 2010

WHOOP WHOOP!! Way to go Saints!! I'll be checking out "BOOBON street" on Tuesday!!

• plainjane64
    edited January 2010

They did it!  Jimmy Johnson said it on pregame...they are 'america's team'! Wow sort of a nail biter tho!  Think Favre will retire now?  Sort of sounded that way.  His wife sure looks like a million bucks.

All you girls going to NOla in the next couple weeks MUST take some pics and share!  Oh wow!  So thrilled w/ the win......and it's mardi gras time too? or coming into it.

Mel, I'm OK, was really looking forward to this 3 day wkend but this head cold or sinus infection sort of wiped me out.  Hoping I get a voice back tomorrow so I can work Tuesday.

Have been online shopping or browsing this wkend and can I just say it is so nice to be able to order something other than the ugly super duper ultra support sportsbras. I can fit into 34/36 C/D....which means some MUCH cuter styles and not as much cash. It's all good! 

• Jaimieh
    edited January 2010

Alright they are partying here in NOLA :)  I arrived at 9 pm their time and as we were leaving the airport the fireworks started.  So besides the super bumpy plane ride it was really easy getting here.  :)  Now tomorrow Pre-op and spending sometime downtown before surgery. 

• sarabhealed
    sarabhealed Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2010

Whew! Just caught up on most of January-- you gals are the best!

Update time...when last I posted I was headed to NOLA for a consult with Dr. S. If you recall I had bilateral S-GAPs in August--one failed 9 days out and I had a stacked DIEP to replace it. The flap that didn't technically fail had massive fat necrosis and an open wound that would not heal. I decided I needed a different primary and after Dr. S reviewed my pictures he thought I might need another flap on that side (sound familiar WLPD?)...Since I wanted to know what I was really facing before surgery, I flew down for a face-to-face on Jan. 6.

Thanks to you all I was well prepared for the blue magic marker all over my body. I liked Dr. S--even though I didn't like what he was recommending. I was hoping the necrosis could be treated in a less invasive way (time, lipo)--but he persuasively convinced me that a "do-over" was in my best interest. As the necrosis very gradually shrinks the breast gets smaller and more deformed. Also, while I thought it would feel better over time he said the pain would be worse as it gets even smaller and more dense sitting and impinging my pec...anyway, Springtime--put me down for Stage I/II for March 2!

The good news is that he will move forward correcting my donor site and use a hip flap that would normally been trashed and replace the necrosis with it...now that I've gotten my head around this I'm really looking forward to a more immediate and successful outcome. I also saw my breast surgeon on Friday and she said that if I didn't have this surgery scheduled I could expect a core needle biopsy every year for the rest of my life. Well that clinched it!

My father-in-law died while I was in NOLA and I came home to an out-of-town trip and lots to do or I would have posted sooner. Thanks again for your prayers, positive thoughts, tips, tears and laughter. Especially the laughter!

Sara

• ccbaby
    edited January 2010

That's awesome Jamie!!!!

• Soccermom4force
    Soccermom4force Member Posts: 311
    edited January 2010

WOOOOOHOOOOOO>>>>>>>> WHO DAT?! WAY TO GEAUX SAINTS!

My best to all having their procedures this week! Check this out..

MARCIA    http://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/#

• Jaimieh
    edited January 2010

Sara I am glad that Dr S thinks that he can fix it :)  I do not blame you about not wanting the core biopsy every year.  I am also sorry to hear about your FIL ((bighugs)). 

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited January 2010

WOOOHOOOO!  Go Saints!  I'll bet it's a party in the Big Easy tonight!!

Gin~Ugh...so sorry honey.  Take care of you.

Margit~Patience!  You will feel better.  I promise!!!  

Jamieh~so glad you made it down safe and sound.  

Sara~I'm glad you were able to come up with a plan that resonates well with you.  So sorry about your FIL.  

JJ~hope you feel better soon.

To the rest of the gals coming up this week...sending you the best possible outcomes and recoveries!!