Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wardrobe pics for boobless days

Options

Comments

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited July 2009
    Options

Hi Raye.......cute suits! They're both just adorable.

The pic I posted is a camisole that comes with the soft inserts for boobies. I usually just wear it under my clothes instead of a prosthesis. It's really light.....not heavy like a prosthesis, but they are hot! It's 60% cotton and 40% polyester. Always hated bras anyway, so these feel good compared to a tight bra. I've ordered some from www.softee.com too.

• 1Cathi
    1Cathi Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2009
    Options

Raye - those are great suits,  I tried a few on made like your first pic,  but it seemed as though the bottom would ride up,  does that happen at all? Its like watching my 5 yr old granddaughter in her bikini top,  it seems to ride up because theres nothing to hold it down,  I also can't wear anything quite that low,  a few healing issues on my left side from rads. You look AWESOME . 

There are some fitting tops that I can not wear mostly because of the material,  this past winter I had some tighter fitting sweaters and my daughter told me I looked HOT & ATHLETIC, I think heavier material shows less than nylons if you are going to go for a tighter fit.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You look wonderful Raye! I don't think anyone is looking at your chest once they get their eyes on your ripped body...Wink
  • BoobsinaBox
    BoobsinaBox Member Posts: 77
    edited July 2009
    Options

Thanks to all of you who have posted pics.  You'll never know how much help you have been to me!  I went without forms for almost 2 years after my bilat, but last summer I found some forms (PALs) that I liked, and I recently bought Silique Comfort-Lites.  The next thing I knew, I was obsessing over getting a bra or a mast bra that would work better with the new forms, and suddenly life was just too complicated.  When I was going without forms, there didn't seem to be a lot of women talking about it, but recently I had noticed a growing number of you who were writing about it.  It was the pictures you've posted that made me decide to put the forms away and try form-free again.  Today I went to Kohl's for a 50-80% off sale, and since I'm now 62, I could take another 15% off that!  I got my first bathing suit in years, inspired by Cathi's black and white one.  Mine's black with white trim and has a little skirt.  (I don't quite have her wonderful figure or tan!)  I also got a top like her brown one, only mine is purple, and a few other things.  It was the first time I have enjoyed shopping in a long time, and it was because I felt free to try some things I would never have thought I could wear now.  Y'all are the greatest!  I may still wear the forms sometimes, but I really felt free again today, and I owe it to all of you who posted pictures!  Thanks!  I'll try to get up my courage to post a few in the next few days.  

By the way, I bought a lot of things from Coldwater Creek (mostly outlet and online outlet) when I was looking for things that didn't have darts for breasts.  They had a lot of options...and they are a sponsor for the Race for the Cure.  That's how I found out about them. 

One more thing.  I've found the best accessory is a big smile!  It draws people's eyes to your face and away from your chest! 

Dawn 

• barbe1958
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Good for you Dawn! You done good! Laughing
  • Raye99
    Raye99 Member Posts: 114
    edited July 2009
    Options

Dawn - that is great, buying your new bathing suit!!! Isn't it fun when you can kind of "let go?" Cathi has inspired me as well and this weekend I am going to wear some summery shirts (that I cannot wear with forms) flat chested - I actually like the way I look flat, strange as that may sound. The major step would be going to work flat; if I could only work up the courage.

Cathi - your daughter nailed it with the hot and athletic. You truly are. You look spectacular. What an inspiration you are. Now about that bandeau top, it does not ride up, but it DOES slide down, you can sort of tell it is riding low in the pic. I have to make sure that the back tie is tied very tightly and that I put an extra knot on each side of the halter string that goes around my neck, although it still tends to slide a bit.

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Hey Dawn, so happy for you -  and so great we all can help with our pictures,  please post yours when you can, 

Raye I may just go looking for a suit like your first one,  at least for tanning in the privacy of my own yard.  You have inspired me.

This is a great thread - THANK YOU MOM for starting it. 

We will all be fashion Diva's again real soon.

XOXOXOXOXOXO

• barbe1958
    edited July 2009
    Options
    We are fashion Divas NOW! Kiss
  • 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Your right Barbe - ME BAD.  Never thought I would be posting my pic's for the world to see - LOL. I am going to get Ed to take a picture of a few dresses and I'll post those,  did we ever see pictures of your dress at the wedding? XOXOXOXOXOXO

• barbe1958
    edited July 2009
    Options

I hated the ones from down south as I was WAY too HOT. I'll see how the ones for my sons wedding in August go...same dress, same me!

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Great -  I think some "dressy" pics would be great -  to bad we can't change the name of the THREAD to "FASHION DIVAS" LOL

• barbe1958
    edited July 2009
    Options

WE can't change it, but mom can! Wink (She can edit it just like a post)

The other pics I have of my dress are 'owned' by other people and I can't copy them to photobucket!

• Raye99
    edited July 2009
    Options

Cathi - I bought the bandeau top through VS online - it was $15.00 plus shipping. I also have one in black and white polka dots. Can't beat the price. And the bottoms are great as they do not dig into your side as some suit bottoms do.

Dressy pics is a great idea.

• mom2two
    mom2two Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2009
    Options

Nope just tried to edit Barbe, it lets me edit the text but not the topic heading. Besides if I really find out I can change the heading we may have to change the Housekeeping thread to the Unhousekeeping thread or  The Chat....Wink

I"d love to see some more pics of outfits from everyone. If anyone doesn't feel comfortable posting your faces just take the shots from the neck to your waist.  I'm going to try and get my cameral out and post one of the blouses I really like if I can figure out how to do it. Deb has sent me the directions a couple of times but I'd have to scroll through alot of pms to find it.

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 556
    edited July 2009
    Options

Coonie, I use my softee inserts in my regular bras. And since they have a velcro tab on one side, I can also use them under regular camisoles—the toothy tab helps them to stay put. I just stick them in, adjust them and go. Unless I'm very active, they work just fine.

You can add or remove the fiberfill to get them as full as you'd like, within reason.

On another thread, someone mentioned using a bath net ball as a bathing suit insert. They drain quickly and are very light weight. I'm going to see if that will work with some of my suits. I only have one that works "flat". The others have too much shape to go without something, and not enough to stand on their own.

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Thanks Rae - I am going to check that out - great price,  mom the easiest way I have found to post pics is from Face Book,  just have to copy and paste,  I can't do photobucket without causing myself headaches. 

Raye I was thinking about what you said about the courage to go to work form free, I work from home so have not had to exp that,  but I do have a coffee shop I visit daily ,  lots of friends there, anyway when I first started going completely FREE, I can recall I would sort of walk in with my arms a bit crossed or even pull my purse more over my chest,  but then you have to "PAY" and there I was EXPOSED.  Not once have I felt like someone was "LOOKING" strangly or in their minds going ??????.  And many, many of the folks (workers and patrons) I have known for years, so kind of like going to work daily I guess,  now after several months I just am normal I guess as far as not trying to "COVER UP"  when I walk in.  There are so many diffrent body shapes in the world,  boobless or not sometimes people Stare, so if someone does OH WELL,  I don't have time to waste worrying about what they are thinking anymore.

Mom - would love to see that top,  I remember when you bought it -  SNAP-SNAP AWAY.

Nancy - also try using shoulder pads as inserts,  they too are light and dry nicely,

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 556
    edited July 2009
    Options

Cathi, I don't think shoulder pads would give me enough projection, lol. My figure is fuller than yours. I'm either going to be flat/flat or C's.

• Raye99
    edited August 2011
    Options

Cathi - you're right - I have gone to the store on the weekends a few times w/o forms and have covered up as you mentioned using purse or hunched over the shopping cart. About 1/2 hour in, I get used to it (or forget about it) and don't cover myself. I will practice this weekend with some cute summer tops and get out there w/o covering myself. See, you've inspired me yet again!!!

Nancy  - Your avatar is adorable! So pretty.

I know we were talking about dressing up, but since I always wear my forms when dressing up I don't have pics. However, I do have some pics of me in workout clothes (well, one outfit, ha). I do not wear forms to the gym or running trail and I don't feel uncomfortable at all w/o forms at these places, sports bras flatten a woman anyway.

Front view and side view:

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Raye you look great,  your inspiring me to get out and do some more exercise, put a pair of jeans on with a top made like that - HOT-HOT-HOT. When my DH gets home later I will have him take a few dress pictures and I'll post them.  Again you look wonderful.

I love this thread,  so motivating.

• mom2two
    edited July 2009
    Options

Love that work out set Raye, so cute.

I went shopping today and for the first time I went sans the forms. Somehow I just didn't realize, every time I went shopping it was with the mastectomy bra on, so no wonder I can't find the things I need for those "flat" days. I took encouragement from all of you and headed out to find myself a flat day wardrobe. I was really surprised how many tops I liked and I tried on many, many different styles. Now I think I will know what to look for in the future. Also discovered that for the most part I don't mind being flat, I also realized that I don't mind being out in public and strangers seeing me be flat so now I just have to get over being out in public with people I know and see how I do with that last hurdle. 

• barbe1958
    edited July 2009
    Options

Raye, you look wonderful! You and Cathi get the 'athletic' look I'm so envious of....sigh. I wear a size 14 so it's a bit more challenging to say the least...

• EGAL
    EGAL Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2009
    Options

Love the pictures!  You gals look great!  I am considering having implants removed and you are helping to make that decision easier.  I just have to lose about 50 lbs to look as you guys doCry

• Raye99
    edited July 2009
    Options

Cathi - I can't wait to see your dressy pics!!! I saw this cute cute sleeveless blouse with ruffles down the front in gold which I think I could get away with w/o forms, but alas, it is too expensive. I will try and find a pic of the blouse - so pretty.

Mom -  Alright! going shopping without your forms. Nice!  That is a big step. Good for you.  I understand completely how you feel about being w/o forms with people you know - now I don't mind my girlfriends/husband/family seeing me like flat; however, my difficult social arena for going without my forms is work.   

Barbe - I see the pics you posted - you are gorgeous and - might I add - appear to be about 35 years old if not younger - you rock it Girl! Kiss

Egal - you are thinking of getting your implants out? Are they giving you troubles? I will tell you that not having breasts is freeing and while not perfect; as we've discussed here, there are ways to work around it, both physically and psychologically. Best wishes in your decision.

This thread is so motivational, Cathi. Also, it makes me feel somewhat "normal." Somewhat hard to explain, so I'll just say that it is nice to have other lovely women w/o breasts to talk with and share our stories, fears, courage and triumphs.

Raye

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Yeah Mom -  you done good.  We want pic's.

Raye I feel the same way as you,  love this thread.  I didn't get the pic's taken last night but I will before the weekend is over,  actually have picked out a couple dresses (new ones and old ones that I thought I would never be able to wear again,  but just could not part with).

Being here with you gals makes getting dressed daily a whole lot easier.

XOXOXOXOXOX

• Raye99
    edited July 2009
    Options
  • 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Oh that is a great top,  like you said  alot of $$$$ , maybe you can find a knock off somewhere.

• barbe1958
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Gorgeous top!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one!!!!!!!! Cry
  • 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

I want one in about 6 diffrent colors,  Red what a great holiday top.  

• mom2two
    edited July 2009
    Options

Still looking for my digital camera. Think my teen borrowed it when she went on her trip but she doesn't remember what she did with it.Undecided

It was actually a relief going to my closet this morning knowing I could find something to wear without the forms. It actually is such a relief. I'm still in that to reconstruct or not struggle but then wonder if I had the reconstruction and felt uncomfortable with the results how awful that could be. Think I'm just going to gleefully try out my new wardrobe for awhile, its working out better than I thought. I agree it helps to know we are not alone in this adventure. Although I have to admit after being pool side and at the theme  park I have had a time or two where I told my husband after seeing all those boobs hanging out everywhere that I felt like I was the only one boobless. Not that this is a party I'd want anyone to have to join.

• mom2two
    edited July 2009
    Options

Raye I saw something similar to that in our mall at Express that I think was around $59. You may even be able to look for it on Ebay. Its amazing how many things you can find like that. It is gorgeous though.