Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wardrobe pics for boobless days

Options

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited July 2009
    Options

Elaine, I agree about looking matronly with the breast shelf. I am 51 and lately I've had two people guess me in the mid-to-late 30's!! They were very sincere, actually thinking I was "too young" to know what I was talking about! hehehehehhehe

• 1Cathi
    1Cathi Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2009
    Options

Barbra your MIL was a beautiful lady I am am sure that beauty is shining bright in heaven as well. 

I have been MIA a few days and as some "self therepy" did a bit (ok a lot) of shopping Thursday. Purchased some great new tops and yes two more bathing suits,  living in Fla and on the beach the norm for me was to own 8 or so at any one time,   have 5 now ,  and the 2  I bought were actual bikinis  -  thought I would never own one again,  but Raye your pictures inspired me to try some on,  they have V cuts but they are cut wide enough to cover everything I don't want to show and they have a nice wide band at the bottom to keep everything in place and just a tad bit of padding,  bought them right off the rack in our local outlet store one was $25  the other on sale for $14.99.

• mom2two
    mom2two Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Good Cathi, we have been running low on actual pics so maybe you can post some of the new outfits. I found a great top with ruffles all around, row upon row and its great to conceal those no boob days, just can't post it till I get the camera.Frown
  • Raye99
    Raye99 Member Posts: 114
    edited August 2011
    Options

Cathi - I cannot wait to see your new pics. I have a couple below. Please forgive the "venue", as some were taken in my husband's computer room, where he keeps old monitors, etc.

Dress:

This dress I discreetly pinned the neckline, as it is pretty low, but you cannot even tell that it has been pinned.

• Raye99
    edited August 2011
    Options

This is a pair of capris with a white blouse.

and a bathing suit - like the one I have in brown, but in black and white (bc sure takes away your modesty, would have never even considered post a bathing suit pic).

• Raye99
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Now see in the pic with the white blouse, my ribs appear to stick out further than my "breasts," but in real life it is not that obvious and I think I look a little younger w/o the forms? Maybe wishful thinking. Kiss
  • barbe1958
    edited July 2009
    Options

Raye, you look about 12 in the white blouse! In the bathing suit you rock!!!! Love the 'busy' patterned dress, too, that's what I meant about that kind of fabric pattern, very forgiving. You look great!

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited July 2009
    Options

Raye, the dress looks wonderful on you and I agree with Barbe.  You do look about 12 years old in the white blouse.  If you wore a pleated plaid skirt and oxfords, you would look like you are wearing a school uniform.

Now that I am boobless, my biggest problem is disguising my belly.  Before, I never noticed it, now it is all I notice.  Sigh...

• barbe1958
    edited July 2009
    Options

Lisa, there are great tops that have empire waists that have helped me a lot! Empire waists are just under where your boobs used to be, in case you didn't know. I swear by them! I'll post more pix in a bit.

• Raye99
    edited August 2011
    Options

you guys are funny. but thank you! Here is an empire waisted shirt - it always flattened my boobs anyway when I wore it before bc and I couldn't wear a bra with it. It ties in the back and flows under the boobs as Barbe mentioned. Edited to add: again, forgive the computers, dh's computer room!

• KAK
    KAK Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2009
    Options

Oh, Raye!!!   You are such a cutie-patootey!!

All right, you know what I'm going to post here:

• Raye99
    edited July 2009
    Options

LOL!!! Kathi - is that a prosthesis or are you just happy to see me sexy mama?

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited July 2009
    Options

Kathi, that pictures is so, so funny.  But you do look great!! 

When I wear things with an empire style waiste, I look pregnant.  My shoulders and rib cage are very wide, so I think the best style for me are either button down shirts or tunics.  Tee shirts look okay on me too.  I am lucky I don't have to get dressed up for work.  I notice the lack of boobs more when I wear dressy clothing - I often wind up wearing forms then.

• BoobsinaBox
    BoobsinaBox Member Posts: 77
    edited July 2009
    Options

Raye, those are fabulous!  I never looked that good in a bathing suit at any stage in my life!  Your dress reminds me of the dress I wore to my grandson's wedding a couple of months after my bilat.  You do look great, and yes, in the white blouse, you look 12.  But NOT in the hot bathing suit!  I'm impressed!

Dawn 

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Raye you look awesome,  I think the same thing I would never have posted my pic's before BC,  I guess one good thing has come from all of this,  much more confidence.  Love the bathing suit & the dress,  the blue top looks very similar to one I bought just yesturday.  And you look great in the white blouse as well,  you know I don't know to many people with "the perfect body" in fact I don't know anyone.  I don't think there is such a thing.   I noticed that with the 2  new suits that I  bought my ribs are sticking out  more espically when I do the walk tall thing,  at first I wasn't going to buy them,  and then I said I LOOK GREAT,  and bought them both,  I'll get DH to take pic's this weekend. ,  

Ladies we ROCK,  we are all beautiful,  I am kind of amazed at my self right now,  I just turned 49,  I have given birth twice have 4 grandchildren and have had a MX,  I look pretty darn good.

LOVE YEAH ALL.

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Member Posts: 678
    edited July 2009
    Options

No No I went to school with the girl with the perfect body.... She was Yolanda Smilovichi or something like that.  She could wear two bandaids and a hocky puck and start a riot.

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

To funny. 

• Erica
    Erica Member Posts: 237
    edited July 2009
    Options

Raye,

The bathing suit is so adorable. Does the top really stay put? And I love the dress on you--I think barbe's right that the busy pattern works well.

I see you have a dog. I have a toy poodle and always wonder what he makes of my changing chest shape--one minute breast forms, next minute flat chest. He just sits on my lap and leans his little head against me no matter what and doesn't seem to care. . . 

• Raye99
    edited July 2009
    Options

Cathi - you don't look pretty darned good, you look GOOD PERIOD. In fact, you look fabulous! grrowllll. Sexy mama (or grandmama - WOW -you've got it going on girl). I agree with what you say about your ribs sticking out more when you are walking tall - in that pic I am trying to have good posture and, as you can see, the ribs are really sticking out.

I almost bought the cutest suit the other day, it was a tankini with a bandeau-like top - sort of like one that you have, but the bottoms were cut down to you know where.  A little too low riding for me.

Thanks Barbara - yes, the top does stay put, but I have to tie it very tightly in the back,  knot the string that goes around my neck twice and not really do anything. ha. I can get in the water, but if there are waves, that thing may be riding them itself. It does tend to ride down a bit. If I plan on really playing in the water, I wear a sports bra.

You know, I've wondered the same about my dog, if he notices when I am flat and when I am not. I don't think he does; like your dog, he doesn't seem to care - 91 lbs laying on me no matter what I have on, although he might just prefer when I have the pillow-like forms on.  He's a little spoiled - just a little. Wink

• Raye99
    edited August 2011
    Options

Lisa - Oh, I would love broad shoulders. Here is a picture of a dress that is very simple, jersey material like a tshirt. In this pic, I have no forms on, and while it is not a loose flowy dress, it is not snug like the patterned dress, but just slightly fitted.

• barbe1958
    edited July 2009
    Options

Oh Raye, don't wish for broad shoulders! I have them and have a lot of problems fitting clothes, really! I love the cowl-like neck on the dark dress, I mentioned those kind of necklines, too. You are just a little fashion model for all my ideas, aren't you?

Kiss

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Great dress Raye.  Mom  - Barbe we need your pictures.  It is so good to see modern in style clothing,  not some of the pics I saw before surgery that had me thinking I had to be a T-Shirt queen and wear heavy bulky jackets 24/7 .

Raye I have not tried the 2 new suits I bought in the waves of the gulf, in the pool just relaxing and sunning they are perfect,  but I think I already agree  - they won't be perfect for really splashing around,  think I will stick to the longer tops for playing in the water .  But living here I can just throw on a sarong and go to the store and it won't bother me with either of the 2  new suit tops,  summer has turned out much better than I expected clothing wise.

• Raye99
    edited July 2009
    Options

Mom, did you get your camera back or working? I can't remember if it was broken or misplaced. ugh, this memory of mine is bad. And yes, Barbe, let's see some pics. You have great style.

Cathi - sounds like your summer is going great. Are we going to see some pics of the two new suits? I hope so.

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Ok well heres the new suits,  Raye as you can see my ribs tend to stick out too -  This is the suit that was $14.99

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

This one was $25,  it has little darts on each cup -  kinda gives the "I'm cold impression" if you look real close LOL

• mom2two
    mom2two Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2009
    Options

Great pics Cathi! I"m beginning to think you could wear a burlap sack and make it look good.

I thought my camera had come back to life because the light came back on but dd tried to take a pic for me to put up here and it goes dead each time we push the button. Hubby thinks our video cam might be able to take still shots so we shall see.

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Thanks for the compliment,  you made my day,  like Raye said never thought I would see the day I would be posting my pictures on the the web.  But this sure has been a great thread,  I can't wait to see your pics and the stuff you have bought.   Soon we will all have to start posting winter wear,  its an endless fashion show.  Pictures are so helpful.

• 61linda
    61linda Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2009
    Options

This has been the perfect thread for me and it's just at the right time, too. You all have made me laugh and admire each of you. The pics are just wonderful and you all look sooo young.

I am 3 1/2 month post dmx and still have lots of lumpy, bumpy swirly things under my arms and down my sides. The fat is completely gone from my chest wall and my ribs stick out with a few small lumps that probably will go away given time and enough massage. The docs keep ordering forms and my insurance will pay for them but I have a hard time even wanting to get them. Partly this is being lazy - way too much work and partly I think wearing any kind of a bra would still be way uncomfortable. There is a political statement here and it's important. If one on eight of us get this miserable disease and some percentage end up with double mastectomies, how can any of us feel like we have a real choice in our breast oriented culture to go flat without feeling intimidated if we never see anyone who is? I am so proud of us!! Hardly anyone really notices and when they do the response is either to look away or stare. So what? The boobless are here and are visible!!

I've been wearing tee shirts and jeans with really short hair, (about the length men used to wear it before they started letting it grow out) so I look like a prepubescent boy with dangly earrings. I am just 5 feet at 120 lbs and recently have more fat migration to my belly plus that old fat shelf that was always there but I couldn't see over my 38D matronly shelf. I attribute that to the aromasin and absolutely no estrogen floating around to add feminine curves. I do not look curvy and sexy no matter what I wear. I've been thinking about clothing a lot and looking at options which this thread just expanded exponentially. Thank you!!!

Now my funny story: My dh and I were on a train this week and some guy gave my husband a completely filthy look. It took us a while to figure out but I think now the guy thought I was a kid being a bit too cozy with this pervert! LOL

• barbe1958
    edited July 2009
    Options

Cathi, you are the BOMB! You look wonderful!

Linda, shame on the other guy!

I've always said, even before my surgery, "Why should I wear fake boobs to make YOU feel better?" I've even been wearing fairly flat tops to work lately (hot) and just don't even care anymore! It is so liberating. If I have to live with it, so does everyone around me. I had no role model and am very proud of myself too! We all done good! Laughing

• 1Cathi
    edited July 2009
    Options

Barbe my thoughts are the pretty much as yours,  anyone who knows me knows what I have endured the last 3yrs,  anyone who doesn't - oh well.   I mean I am not going to walk around blatently flashing the scars,  but if I like something and I feel good in it,  well I am buying it and I am wearing it.

Linda I had my MX in Oct 08,  I had the prosthesis and bra's for New years Eve,  I wore them because at that time I was not as comfortable without as I am now,  I had them on for about 8/hrs straight,  completely uncomfortable at about 2 hrs, your still healing at 3 months so it is quite normal to feel uncomfortable, give yourself time to heal. .