Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Catholics

Options

Comments

• Roya
    Roya Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thank you Estepp,

I don't know how or why Novenas work, just that they do.  I hadn't thought about them for a long time until you refreshed mjy memory.  I'm not Catholic but somehow have figured out that this doesn't matter.  The sun shines on all of us. Cool  God blesses the just and the unjust, believers and non.........

Pray believing, pray like you already have the answer you want.  See yourself receiving your answer.  Visualize and feel it!   It will be.--------------------------------------

Thank you St. Peregrine for interceding in prayer for all my BC sisters and brothers that have asked.  Thank you for interceding on behalf of those who do not ask and who will never know that you did this for them.

Thank you Lord God for our sister, St. Peregrine and for her intercession..

Thank you in the name of your son, our brother, JESUS.

All be blessed,

Amen

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited August 2009
    Options

Roya.. I am so glad you found our thread.. :) St Peregrine was a man though. He had the cancer in his leg.

I love how you said...
    "Thank you St. Peregrine for interceding in prayer for all my BC sisters and brothers that have asked.  Thank you for interceding on behalf of those who do not ask and who will never know that you did this for them."

How beautiful was that! TY!

• hood1980
    hood1980 Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That was VERY BEAUTIFUL!   Smile
  • nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 556
    edited August 2009
    Options

Here's a testimony to the power of novenas, small and personal though it be.

In my late teens I had fallen away from the Church. I still felt Catholic, but just not connected with the teachings as my pastors had been preaching them. As the years went by, and I did not return, my mother grew very distressed. I married outside the Church...I think that was the last straw for my mother and she started a novena specifically for the me.

Shortly after I was married, I felt a strong urge to start attending Mass again. I registered at my local parish and made the first confession I had made in over a decade. When my children were born, I was eager and happy to have them baptized in the Faith.

So my mother's novena worked.  And it wasn't until after all this that she told me she had done it!

So, I pray today to St. Peregrine for his intercession on our behalf.

• mmm5
    mmm5 Member Posts: 797
    edited August 2009
    Options

Hi ladies

I have been praying for Peace and the letting go of the endless worry and obsession of BC. I am on my 4th day of Novena for St. Peregrine and St. Jude. Already I feel more Peace and I come to this thread much more often than "NOT DXED BUT WORRIED" thread. God is guiding me here so thank you.

I want to share with you a powerful story of a Novena that made me a believer in my 20's.

I was having a wonderful life (late 20"s) married for 7 years, traveling the world 2 great careers, lots of friends. My 2 best friends got pregnant at the same time as I with their first childreen. We were thrilled having fun planning showers, shcools, the works. At 3 1/2 months I suffered a bad miscarriage and had to be in the hospital, not how I thought I would be having this baby. I suffered with depression and had a hard time getting pregnant after that.. I lost the baby in February and still was not pregnant 6 months later. One day I had a flooding of spiritual (catholic in nature) gifts flood my mailbox. (a beautiful statue of Mary, a special prayer book, and 3rd from my SIL a novena to the saint of small children)

I started going to our church every night and praying to the Blessed Mother and the Novena. On the 7th day I lit 3 candles one for me, one for my husband, and one for the baby I lost. I hung my head in prayer and (was alone in church) heard a loud sizzle. I looked up and the candle lit for baby had fizzled outcompletely. The finality of it was so traumatizing!  I cried and thought this was a sign saying that the baby was gone and I needed to release the loss. Oh boy I cried and cried and understand that I had time to cry, because probably 2 minutes later the candle out of nowhere was burning again.

I know this sounds weird and I am really not a strange gal, (LOL)

I just had a miracle that day. God was letting me know that yes I lost a child but there will be a childs life again with the two of us. and maybe our babies soul was with him.

I got pregnant the following month when I completely let it be in God's hands.

Novenas are poweful, so is our Lord!

EDITED to add those are my beautiful children in the picture, so God had a plan and i just needed to hang with him and let it happen. The pain made the beauty of these children even more significant!

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited August 2009
    Options

wonderful story mmm5

thank you for sharing it.  May God bless us.

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Ladies.. WONDERFUL stories... thank you for sharing!

• Angel10
    Angel10 Member Posts: 347
    edited August 2009
    Options

I'm loving this! Thanks all!

Angel

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited August 2009
    Options

I pray to St. Peregrine

WONDERUL store mmm5!!!

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 3....to St Peregrine.....God bless you all

• nancyd
    edited August 2009
    Options

I pray today to St. Peregrine for his intercession on our behalf.

• swimangel72
    swimangel72 Member Posts: 142
    edited August 2009
    Options

Your story was beautiful mmm5 - and I am filled with joy reading everyone's stories here, thanks so much for sharing your faith! My brother (who is now 51) almost died at 6 months old from a very rare digestion problem - but my dad said a Novena and on the last day, the doctor (who was Jewish) said to my dad, "your son has been cured - it's some kind of miracle." My brother's case was written up in medical books. I also credit my dad's prayers for how I met my husband (in a totally random way, at a beach - we were both alone on a huge beach - how was it possible we met?) My dad passed away from brain cancer at the age of 60, just eight months before my wedding - but his family of 6 sons and 2 daughters has continued to grow and thrive - and I truly think it's because my dad is STILL praying for us in heaven!

• mmm5
    edited August 2009
    Options

Went to mass today and the priest talked about all of the crosses we are currently carrying, such an appropriate sermon. We just need to humbly give it up to God and let it go.

I am saying this as much for myself as for all of you, it is the answer! This is my 5th day of the St. Jude/Peregrine powerful combo!

BTW I am not sure if you ladies know this or not but there is also another great novena out there to saint Agatha who is the PATRON SAINT of Women's causes specifically breast cancer see below for prayer:

Oh St. Agatha, who withstood the unwelcome advances from unwanted suitors, and suffered pain and torture for your devotion to Our Lord, we celebrate your faith, dignity and martyrdom.

Protect us against rape and other violations, guard us against breast cancer and other afflictions of women, and inspire us to overcome adversity.

Oh St. Agatha, Virgin and Martyr, mercifully grant that we who venerate your sacrifice, may receive your intercession.

Amen 

• mmm5
    edited August 2009
    Options

Swim

What a beautiful tribute to your Father, what a faithful man. You know it just occurred to me I have been feeling so much better hanging out on this thread vs all the worrisome threads that I torture myself with. You ladies on the spiritual thread have just moved me, including all of the special prayers from Foots.

So Dear St. Agatha please intercede for us, guard us all  and special intercession for Estepp, Swim, Ljh, NancyD,Mazy,Barbe, Angel,Apple,Hood, Roya, Please help us release our worries with BC and guide us to health and wisdom

AMEN!

• Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thanks ladies for all your inspiring comments, stories and prayers....I will include now St. Agatha as well as St. Peregrine in my daily prayer devotions from now on!

God Bless!

Angel

• lovemyfamilysomuch
    lovemyfamilysomuch Member Posts: 762
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thank you Dear Jesus for allowing me get to know such wonderfully couragous women who understand.  Friends, please pray that I can discern God's will for me, I am still not going to church, but I love Jesus and the Blessed Mother so much!

Ellen

• swimangel72
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thankyou mmm5 for that beautiful prayer to St. Agatha - I too feel so much better visiting this thread!

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited August 2009
    Options

i was drawing a reproduction of our Lady of Guadelupe with colored pencils and was just finishing it when my soon to be husband called my on the phone out of the blue.  We had dated once - 8 years before.  I hadn't talked to him since then.  We were married 6 months later at the ages of 37 and 38.  We have 3 children.  I have always been devoted to our Lady.  I wasn't a practicing Catholic at the time and we rejoined the church about a year later when our son was born.

• swimangel72
    edited August 2009
    Options

What a beautiful love story Apple - love for your DH, family and our Lady!

• hood1980
    hood1980 Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thank you for sharing all the wonderful things that have happened all of you.  They are truly miracles!  I love the paryer to St. Agatha!  I have not heard/prayed that one before.  BTW - I received my test results from my 1 year anniv breast MRI over the weekend - "Normal/Benign"!!!  Thank the Lord!

• Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

Congrats Hood!

God Bless,

Angel

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 4 of the novena....Just so ya know..I really do expect miracles to happen LOL. I am just waiting for God to give it to me. Hugs. Mazy

• nancyd
    edited August 2009
    Options

I pray today to St. Peregrine and St. Agatha for their intercession on our behalf.

• nonijones333
    nonijones333 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2009
    Options

Good morning my dear FRIENDS IN CHRIST, 22 years ago when I was first diagnosis at age 39 I was not a practicing Catholic, in fact was as far away from the Church as you can get and thought religion was silly. Well you know how it goes "there are no non believers in a fox hole". Well that day i got 'THE CALL" on the phone "YOU HAVE CANCER". I was terrified. That night after everyone went to bed of course I couldn't sleep and just laid there trying to pray, but i had forgotten how. At 4:00 am in the morning I remembered the Dominican Nun's monestary not far from where i lived, I was sure they were up praying, so i picked up the phone and asked the operator for the phone# I apprarently dialed a wrong# but the sweet angel that answered the phone to my panicy voice said " why dear i would love to pray with you as i myself was diagnosed with breast cancer 8 years ago" WOW, imagine that??? A few months later I found out that this lovely angel was stage 4 and had, you know, that peace that goes beyond our understanding. Well i wanted some of that.... One day she calls me and asks if I want to go to a healing service, What the??? Well okay because i just wanted to meet her and find out how she can live with this fear. She was at the door of the church when i arrived and she appeared as an angel to me. She told me a group was going to pray for me and i was imbarrased that someone would know me. Couldn't we just talk over a cup of coffee?? Well long story short, I found myself on the floor not able to move but surrounded by a LOVE that i can't put into words, my body was flooded with a PEACE that i have never been able to explain because there are no words to explain fully how i felt. I can only say my life has never been the same. I soon found out that my dear friend was bringing pilgrams to Medjgorie and she would come back and tell me stories about the sun spinning and Rosary's turning gold. Well after what i experienced I didn't doubt and wanted to go. You have to understand i now became like the Apostle Paul, friends and family thought I flipped. Okay, now I am going to tell them I'm going to this place in Ugoslavia to see the sun spin??? Well need to stop, can go on and on. Just to let you know i went and it was amazing, that was in 1989. Would make anyone a believer. But I have to tell you people still have hardened hearts. We need to pray, pray, pray for the world, and BE NOT AFRAID, HE GOES BEFORE US ALWAYS, AMEN

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Wonderful story..... ty

• nonijones333
    edited August 2009
    Options

How wonderful to know that we can approach Heaven and ask for the intersession of THE SAINTS to go before the THRONE OF GRACE on our behalf. FOR THE SAKE OF HIS SORROWFUL PASSION HAVE MERCY ON US. Will pray with St. Peregrine along with OUR LADY for all those who suffer today in body and mind. Pray for us O HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, pray for us ST PEREGRINE, that GOD will be merciful and deliver us from the evils of this world and all that seeks to destroy us. IN JESUS HOLY NAME WE PRAY, AMEN

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Amen!

• swimangel72
    edited August 2009
    Options
    nonijones - I loved your story - St. Paul indeed - he's my favorite apostle - how God loves the return of his children. May God's angels continue to watch over you and your daughter!
  • Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

nonijones and all...

I would love to go to Medjugorje...a brother and 2 sisters have already been....1 sister's rosary did turn gold while there....and she became pregnant when she returned after many previous tries!!

I have recently gotten involved with a prayer group that is part of a world wide new apostalate called "Jesus Christ The Returning King".  It has been started in Ireland by a woman called Anne, A Lay Apostle.  She received the gift of locutions after her pilgrimage to Medj., and has been writing and speaking on her locutions WITH THE BLESSINGS OF HER BISHOP and many other astute and well learned people within the Church.  She has written 10 volumes on her messages, and about 20 booklets all discussing how Jesus is here for us, within all our trials and tribulations and that He is coming back in a very special way and is asking all of us to do our part in bringing Him to others.  There is soooo much love and healing in her messages.  I have never known such peace since reading her writings, and have been able to handle all the health issues that my family has gone through these past 3 years (which are numerous!) because of this.

If you go to their website, you can read her booklets which are available in pdf form.  After reading her booklets, I got her volumes and 3 other books that help in our daily journey as apostles.  I can't recommend them enough. I am sure once you read one or two booklets yourselves, you will be convinced of their authenticity and become even more hopefilled as we walk the walk!

The home page is http://www.directionforourtimes.com/index.html.  You can even listen to her under "audio files" discussing her volumes with a professor from Steubanville.  I hope if you have the time you will access this site and read some of her writings. They are transformational!

God Bless you!

Angel

• nonijones333
    edited August 2009
    Options

Angel, I already listened to the June message, so very beautiful. I will continue to read up on this. Yes, I believe that Jesus is returning soon. When I was in Medjgorie I was convinced it was a matter of a few years and that was 20 years ago. I guess HIS timing and my timing are not the same. The priest who is to give the warning message to the world just 3 days before the events are to take place is my age so that tells me that it will possibly be in my life time. I am 63 years old. I will never forget a talk that we heard by one of the seers Vitska,(not sure of the spelling of her name) she said "if you new what God has prepared for you, you all would be dancing". That should give us all such great hope. Of course does not the Bible tell us this, yet we continue to be troubled by the things of this world.

Dear LORD help me and my sisters here be all that you would have us to be, give us YOUR PEACE, strengthen us so that we might become examples to others, heal our bodies and make us examples to all around us that they might see the MERCY OF GOD.