Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Catholics

Options

Comments

• MaineCoonKitty
    MaineCoonKitty Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2009
    Options

I am a "Cradle Catholic", but was a lapsed member of the Church for many years.  Almost 2 years ago, I had a strange and persistent calling to come "home" again that was unrelenting no matter how hard I tried to ignore it.  So I went to confession, received absolution and began practicing my faith once again. I began to pray the Rosary every day, even though I had to re-learn how to do it.  And I began attending mass and did the First Five Saturdays Novena to thank Our Mother for bringing back to her Son through the Rosary.  I didn't question why this happened all of a sudden or for what reason, but I did get a strange sense of peace that I hadn't had for many years.

One year later I was diagnosed with a rarely and agressive type of breast cancer - Phyllodes tumor.  The tumor and my infected left breast was removed by mastectomy and weighed 22 lbs.  The wound  could not be closed after surgery and I had to wear a wound vac pump for 9 weeks until it shrunk enough to be closed with a skin graft.  I now am about to begin chemo - 6 sessions of Taxotere and Gemzar of 3 wks each, then 4 weeks of daily radiation.  Through all this, my Holy Mother and her Son, have held my hand and pulled me along my path, gently guidling me through the rough spots when my footing was unsure and my walk was unsteady.

I know now why Our Lady called me home.  I could have never gotten through this without her calming hands on my shoulders and her Son's gentle voice in my heart.  But with them by my side, I can handle anything!

I would never wish cancer on anyone, but for me, it has been a blessing in disguise.  It forced me to take stock of how I was living, ignoring God, and go "home", where I belong.  No matter what happens to me from here on out, I have peace of mind and the comfort of knowing I'm never alone in this battle.  Those reassuring hands on my shoulders and that gentle voice in my heart, urging me along have made all the difference.

• Angel10
    Angel10 Member Posts: 347
    edited August 2009
    Options

Welcome Home Maine Coon Kitty!

I am sure you are oh so right...the God Lord never intended for us to be sick....but He certainly wants to protect us and comfort us if that is what happens. Our Blessed Mother is such a comfort to us, her children.  What a terrific role model for us during our times of suffering!  I have read that she actually experienced the passion herself, but in mind and heart not in the physical body.  Don't think that is any easier route.....just offers a better understanding of her compassion as she felt all the suffering herself on top of losing her son physically.

What a mystery, and as you say, what a blessing! I much rather suffer here, offer it up and enjoy everlasting life in the next world, than have all the creature comforts and health in this one without realizing how bearing our cross can bring us good...

God Bless!

Angel

• mmm5
    mmm5 Member Posts: 797
    edited August 2009
    Options

Hello Ladies

Thinking of all of you this evening, and wanted to leave you with another prayer:

St. Teresa of Avila

Let nothing disturb you; Nothing frighten you. All things are passing. God never changes. Patience obtains all things. Nothing is wanting to him who possesses God. God alone suffices.

Sometimes just reading these simple prayeres remind me to breathe and let go.

Ladies...............God bless all of you tonight and may you sleep peacefully with smiles on your faces and wake to a morning of hope and clarity!!!!

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited August 2009
    Options

Wonderful... it is so emotional for me to read these stories... I am moved by them all!

St. Peregrine,  though I never even had heard of you prior to my cancer, I am so blessed to know you now. I ask for your intersesion and prayer for all our sisters and brothers in BC. Thank you for praying so hard for me, and with me. Amen

In Jesus Name

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 5 is done. Hope you all had a good day..hugs, Mazy

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 556
    edited August 2009
    Options

I pray today to St. Peregrine for his intercession with Our Lord on behalf of all here.

• nonijones333
    nonijones333 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2009
    Options

I will be praying before the BLESSED SACRAMENT today and will pray with Saint Peregrine for his powerful intersession for all those afflicted with this terrible disease and will pray for Pam's special intentions. May GOD grant us PEACE and give us HOPE. Remember JESUS is the same JESUS of the Bible that healed the sick and raised the dead why can't we just TRUST and BELIEVE that HE can do this today..PRAYING WITH GREAT ANTICIPATION

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

I start this new 9 day Novena for Heidi. A sister in BC that is not suppose to live over a year now.

Amen

• nonijones333
    edited August 2009
    Options

Praying for Heidi. Dear Lord have mercy on Heidi. This dear women's only concern is that she be here for her children and that her children don't have to witness to her suffering. You alone are the great physician, she is totally in Your hands, Bless Her, Strength Her, Heal Her, be present in Her life in all that She has to endure, we ask this in JESUS NAME, AMEN

STORMING HEAVEN FOR INTERSESSION

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thank you nonijones for joining me.. you know of whom I speak of...

" when two or more are gathered"

• Mazy1959
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 6...I added Heidi also. I read about her on the boards. My kids were raised when I first had breast cancer. I cant imagine what she is going thru right now. May God give her the miracle. Hugs, Mazy

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

me too Mazy.. my youngest is almost 19... THANK YOU for adding Heidi. I do not her, nor have I ever chatted with her. Her story.... NEEDS US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited August 2009
    Options

yes.. i pray for Heidi too.

heal her Lord... please

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited August 2009
    Options

yes.. i pray for Heidi too.

heal her Lord... please

thank you for helping me.. please let her stay here.

• nancyd
    edited August 2009
    Options

I pray today to St. Peregrine for his intercession with Our Lord on behalf of all here.

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

In Jesus name, for Heidi...

• swimangel72
    swimangel72 Member Posts: 142
    edited August 2009
    Options

May the Blessed  Mother please intercede for dear Heidi!

• nonijones333
    edited August 2009
    Options

Continuing to pray for Heidi and all those who suffer in body and mind. We all pray IN JESUS NAME, AMEN

• artemis
    artemis Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2009
    Options

Hi, Everyone ~
    This Protestant girl wants to join this thread, please!
    Smile

I have a newly diagnosed friend, and I will also pray for Heidi.  Thank you, Laura, for starting this thread.

Day 1 for Heidi and Teresa.  In the name of Jesus, I pray for their healing.  Amen!

• mmm5
    edited August 2009
    Options

Hi Artemis

Welcome Welcome!

Ladies so today was the first day back at school for my boys and they go to Pope John the 23rd Catholic School. It was a beautiful day and I took my youngest son for his first day of Kindergarten. Thank you Lord for this wonderful opportunity.

What I wanted to share is that we prayed the rosary on campus today for all the little ones and their new year and we had the most beautiful prayer to open and it immediately made me think of all of you wonderful gals.

The Power of Prayer

The day was long, the burden I had borne seemed heavier than I could longer bear, And then it lifted - but I did not know Some one had knelt in prayer; Had taken me to God that very hour, And asked the easing of the load, and He, In infinite compassion, had stooped down And taken it from me.

We cannot tell how often as we pray For some bewildered one, hurt and distressed, The answer comes, but many times those hearts Find sudden peace and rest.

Some one had prayed, and Faith a reaching hand, Took hold of God, and brought Him Down that day!

So many, many hearts have need of prayer:

Oh, let us pray!

• Mazy1959
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 7...Heidi has been on my mind all day. I hope she feels these prayers. I pray for all of us ladies everyday. God bless and keep you all...Hugs, Mazy

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Welcome Artemis.... and you are welcome!

mmm5.........Chills I got! That prayer is wonderful....TY

• Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

I am not sure who Heidi is or what her situation, but I have added her to my daily prayer intentions...as well as the rest of my sisters here at this thread.

May God send us the Holy Spirit for strength on our journey, keep us faithful to His will, and may we use Mary as our guide for womanly strength and humbleness in all we do.

Amen

Angel

• nancyd
    edited August 2009
    Options

Heidi is a Stage IV sister, who mostly posts on that section. She was just diagnosed with leptomeningial metastesis (cancer has gone to her spinal fluid). She's a young Mom with two kids.

• Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thanks Nancy...

You know, when I started down this BC road, I had just lost my job, and felt very unsure and vulnerable about what the rest of my year and life would be like. Then I started thinking of all that I had going for me...some savings to live off of, a husband who tries Wink, supportive siblings, etc.  Then I thought of the woman who felt as bad as I did faced with a dx of BC but who might have young children at home, or was staged worse than I was, or was a single parent etc., and I said, no pity parties for me! God has been good to me up until now, and He will continue to see me through this and He has.  As far as Heidi is concerned her road is so much tougher than I can imagine, and yet in His graciousness He is allowing her situation to bring us to prayer....which is ultimately the best thing we can offer her (and ourselves).  All of this, each of our individual journeys will make sense when we see Him face to face...thank goodness we have Eternity to look forward to.  (Which by the way, doesn't mean that I don't think BC sucks...it certainly does, but at least we will make the most of it by bringing it to prayer!)

Prayers for Heidi going out!

God Bless,

Angel

• nonijones333
    edited August 2009
    Options

I'm overwhelmed with emotion for the love and caring here on this site. Thanks Estepp for bringing us together. Welcome Artemis, MMM5 beautiful, Angel you are so sweet.

Praying for Heidi,Laura, so many of our Stage 4 ladies, especially praying for Triple Neg who has been fighting this dreadful desease for so long. May our Dear Lord have Mercy on them, comfort them, be with them as they walk there way of the cross and with our prayers help them to hold up the cross. WE PRAY IN JESUS NAME WITH THE INTERSESSION OF ST. PEREGRIN

• mmm5
    edited August 2009
    Options

Nonijones

Thanks for being on here after 6 years recurrance free.......WOW celebrate that! You are most likely a comfort to many TN ladies on this board! Do you have any advice or words of wisdom for those of us not so far out and how you have gotten to where you are physically, emotionally, and spiritually?

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Nonijones.. I second that.. THANK YOU for hanging around this site.. thanks for showing all BC patients.. esp. triple negs.. YOU are a blessing to have around here.. PLEASE continue this mission... GOD IS SO GOOD... I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for those 6 yrs He has granted you... from what I know , after a few yrs of being cancer free... triple negs are pretty well off for LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD IS GOOD !

• nonijones333
    edited August 2009
    Options

Good morning my wonderful Friends in Christ. Put on your armour ladies, THE BLOOD OF CHRIST, AND THE POWERFUL NAME OF JESUS. Everyday we wake up to a battle and yet we fail to realize we were given this wonderful gift to come against all that the enemy seeks to distroy in our lives.

Dear Estepp and MMM it has been 22 years since my first diagnosis. The second diagnosis was 6 years ago, a new primary. I can't tell you that it hasn't been tough but If I had a chance to go back and change it I would not. Prior to my breast cancer God was not aprart of my life. I had a wonderful life, but I was very much in the world and all I cared about was what the world was offering, total emptyness. My breast cancer has given me a ticket to GLORY, and paying the price has been well worth it. I've experienced the true LOVE OF CHRIST.This life, whether short or long has nothing to offer, it is simply the stone we step on to get over to the other side. We have the choice to decide where we go after we die. I feel I've made a very good choice and I PRAISE GOD that I've been given that oportunity.

When my beautiful Daughter was diagnosed at 34, I was devastated, but you know she feels exactly the way I do. What a blessing. I have two daughters, and my youngest went yesterday for an MRI. Please pray that she has good results. She alternates every 6 months with mamography and MRI.

Have to tell you I don't follow any strick diets, everything in moderation. Love my glass of wine that I share with my husband in the garden or while cooking in my kitchen. I'm Italian you know and love to cook.

Bless all of you, HUGS, HUGS, HUGS

• nancyd
    edited August 2009
    Options