Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833

I saw Man from Uncle this week too.  It was good!  I had a thing for Napoleon Solo back in the day,,,,,

Lots of lovely man candy pics here today!  Woo-hoo!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

If you say dessert, I say chocolate...but I'm not sharing.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

I heard ya'll having a party here. Congratulations on 30,000 posts!!!!!!!! So awesome.

It is BYOD???

I'm going to drink this margarita in your honor. I haven't had one in ages!!

• SlowDeepBreaths
  • elimar

Slow, it's the 6 Year Thread-versary today! (We just decided to have ALL of our milestones fall in the same week.)

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

I had to work today, gasp. And then my DS is here for the weekend so I had to pay attention to him. So now I have cooked dinner and cleaned up. He is surfing for something to watch so I will just casually surf my own media.

• macatacmv

I am so glad you invited some of your more well known friends, e.

• elimar

Well, mac, it's 1 in 8 women, so you know the celebs don't get a pass. They get real life cancer-y boobs just like the rest of us.

Much like the old "Land Shark" from SNL, I got a knock on the door and heard "Thread-versary Floral Delivery...wrrrnnnnh...wrrrnnnnnh....wrrrrnnnhh!!!" It was some stupid cicadas trying to crash the party. I didn't let them in, but I did invite some fireflies because they are a lot prettier and infinitely less annoying.

image Perfect for evening!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Happy 6 Year Anniversary!! That is a long time Eli. I think about all the women you've helped by maintaining your thread for so long. You're amazing....thanks for all you do!!

• elimar

One late email:

"Oh, crap, forgot about the Thread-versary today! That's my chemo brain kicking in again! You know, what with all those stories you told me and what I went thru' myself with my own BC, I had plenty to draw on for my Nurse Jackie character. In fact, I kind of based my character on that one nurse you had, so thanks for that. Anyway, congrats on the 6 years!"

That was from Edie. She doesn't party too much anymore. She's working the 12 Steps now. But back in the day she used to toss back the martinis and once she got so wasted she told me what that Sopranos finale really meant. But I can't tell. She would kill me. LIke "body found in the Meadowlands." For real.

• elimar

Slow, I think of all the women who have come and gone. Some had terribly interesting stories to tell. I think of the ones who have passed, remembering some of the smart and funny things they wrote. I miss 'em. And as for the ones who have been around as long as I have been here, I seriously would like to know what is wrong with their brains? Of course I don't mean that in a bad way...

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

imageBecause it matters!

Thanks elimar....does the party HAVE to stop?

• Tomboy

it's funny, in my wanderings around town, I found the little mechanism for a music box, turned the handle, and was delighted to discover that it was from wizard of oz, 'if i only had a brain'!! It is sitting on my table right now.

• elimar

Darn, all these years I have been doing it wrong. I thought it was walk in the ocean, jump in the sunshine. I got that bass-ackwards.

• elimar

It's been fun, even tho' HnS failed to show up like she was supposed to. Almost time to turn in, but I like to finish off a Saturday by indulging in a little beauty treatment. I find that with a nice facial on a Saturday night, you can wake up positively glowing on Sunday morning. Now, I know when you think facial, you are probably thinking this...

I'm sure that's how most of you look with your facials.

Now, I'm going to let you in on the "elimar essential beauty secret" and it looks like this...

GO ORANGE OR GO HOME!

• elimar

Going to set a snack out on the counter for all the late night stragglers. Enjoy!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Well it's the 23rd now, but early on my coast and since I just got off work, I still have a bit of partying to do.

My new PCP was worried that my elevated liver readings might have spelled Hep C so she had me do another panel. I proudly lift my glass of vodka/soda/splash of cranberry and say all is well. So we're keeping me off the statin for 2 more months and then testing to see what the #s are.

I got to "ride along" with patrol this evening as part of my new job. Considering it's Saturday night, I thought it might be a bit busier but still got to go out on an injury accident and an arrest on another call, taking the guy to the jail. The best thing about it was the trooper, who was young enough to be my son, called me by my name all evening. No "ma'am-ing" me which I was afraid of!

Night-night!

• glennie19

Tomboy:  EXCELLENT sign!!  Been eating the delicious food (ice cream) and gained 2 lbs this week. Need to cut down on that delicious treat.  Drat!

Eph:  totally agree on that sign!  So in love with my bed I hate getting out of it every morning.

Off to a ladies' brunch where I will probably eat myself silly.

• macatacmv

love this thread!!!!! E, your humor and mine are so synced we could be twins. If I wasn't like years older and shorter than you!

i, too, think back on the ones we have "lost" from this thread. But then I look at that post from tomboy and enjoy what I got. That's what they would want us to do.

like edie, I don't lift any cocktails anymore, but virtual ones are fun!!!

we can keep the party going as long as we like, so there.........

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

• macatacmv

ha ha luv, great minds think alike. I was editing my post to get that darn woman to boogie, but at least she's there.

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

Bummer!!!!!

• BookLady1
    BookLady1 Member Posts: 196

Hey! Where is everyone! I found Pharrell's hat and cleaned the chocolate off that poor boys fingers, enjoyed the Cheetos snack cake with a margarita - that's what we drink here in Austin - I'll have another. Better than Gabapentin for that bitch neuropathy. Linda

• Tomboy

I like that slightly furry man that someone posted, I am gonna go back a page and see if I can find him again (was eph-elph, thanks. His body is nice, but I'd take a man like that guy who played Jax anyday

• glennie19

Hi Linda !  How's everything in Austin?  Still weird, I hope !!

What are you reading these days? 

• luvmygoats

Tomboy - You mean this Jax? Ingo Rademacher my boy toy.

Image result for ingo rademacher

• Tomboy

This one:Jax- (Charlie Hunnam)

• luvmygoats

Hmm don't know that Jax. Pretty nice too. He can serve me margaritas anytime.

• Tomboy

He's nice, huh?

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Be still my heart!!! Those photos of Jax (Charlie) are delectable!!!!!!