Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Will be a Xanax day tomorrow for sure😖. Had strawberry shortcake with the grand kids with our own berries, so yummy

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Praying for you sweetie, please let us know ASAP. Heart

• Dianarose

I am so stressed I am shaking . Don't know how to calm down. Sure is a crazy way to live

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Even on Xanax, Dianarose? Thinking of you and hope the news comes quick today. Can you call to get it?

• Dianarose

Elimar- just took a half of Xanax. The MO likes to see you in person 😖. I have done a little research on this whole kidney stone issue. What I am straining are soft not hard like a stone. Says it is called Struvite stones caused by chronic urinary infections. I had this 2 years ago and took sulfur for 17 days. The weird part is sex was painful prior to that and after was not for many months then became painful again. I told my doctor and ever described where and she said it was a muscle. It is a burning pain not s muscle pain. I think this has been there a long time. Even when we traveled I saw theses little white pieces and just thought it was from cheap toilet paper at rest stops. My daughter told me to stop going on Google or the next thing that it will tell me is I am pregnant lol.

• elimar

Don't pay any attention to me while I scoff about it being a muscle. That does not seem likely. When you get answers like that, what else can you do but turn to Google? Google is how I deduced that I had an allergic reaction to quinoa, because not a single "medical professional" picked up on it even tho' I listed everything I had eaten. Google is how I learned enough to pursue my parathyroid disease. All the pieces were there and my docs were not putting them together. What I am saying is: I am a big fan of Google, or any other search engine that provides information.(*) When your daughter goes thru' more experiences that leave her without answers, let's see where she turns. Sorry, if I am being too opinionated about that. (Of course, if you Google for symptoms and it indicates pregnancy, you probably should stop; but Google a few baby names first before you do.)

(*) Mainly sticking to the more legitimate sites out there.

• Dianarose

Elimar- Google is a great tool. My first MO sent me to a surgeon for my mastectomy who I really dislike. So while searching other surgeons I learned about skin sparing ones. When I asked him he said he did not do them. The MO never told me because they did not have a surgeon in there network who did them. I was so pissed! Went and got my files and moved on

• LibbyD
    LibbyD Member Posts: 6

Hello, Almost left the whole discussion board because the posts showing as newest are dated from 2009? Glad I went to the end :)

I am 52 and was diagnosed on June 3rd. Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma

• barbe1958

This thread IS weird. It always shows as "NEW" but it's not. Even when I post, it'll come up in my Favourites as a "new" post and the post was mine! Hard to tell when something is really newly posted unless the name of the poster changes. Hoping to hear from Dianarose.....

• elimar

Barbe, It's been like that for a few months. Back then I think I asked if it was happening to other people, but no one replied that it was. I don't know if it is the only thread that is affected, but it is the only one in my favorites like that. No, I did not appeal to the BCO Mods or techs because I thought it was something that would get worked out over time. Now, I'm just living with it like it is my new normal. (Snort!)

I, too, checked in to see if Dianarose had her results. If the news was good, I would think she would rush to tell us, so I am even more worried not hearing from her yet.

Where are you D?

Also, welcome, LibbyD. Between talking with your docs and getting some good first hand accounts here on BCO, I hope you will come to have a good understanding of this disease. Best to go in with your eyes wide open. Remember, YOU are an integral part of your healthcare team and knowledge will give you power to make wise choices along the way. When I was new, I was surprised at just how big this community was. Feel free to reach out, if we can help at all.

• Dianarose

hi, we didn't get back from Boston till late and the Xanax put me to sleep.

So this is it- right hydronephosis and proximal hydroureter to the level of the mid ureter, suggesting high grade obstruction, but cause not identified. There is no visible obstructing stone or mass on CT. Cannot exclude a small mass or neoplasticism infiltration of the retro peritoneal fat.

Some nonspecific fat stranding in the root of the mesentery with possibly some fat stranding in the peri avail retro peritoneal. Slight increase in size and number of lymph nodes in the mesenteric fat. The largest is only 7 mm short axis in the right abdomen.

No signs of either recurrence or metastasis.

Suggests a ct with contrast and Urologist appointment.

White count 13.7 but I also have an infection.

Does anyone know how they would treat me if it is a bunch of stones? I am passing things when I pee.

Also had inflammation in bowels but had diarrhea with the infection.

• barbe1958

As long as you are passing the stones you're okay. It's when they collect that it is dangerous. You should find out what's causing them, too, as there are two main types: uric acid (mine, which is rare) and calcium which is way more common and can be diet related. Otherwise, sounds not too bad. What did the doc say?

• barbe1958

Maybe I should preface my comment by asking about the obstruction first!!!

• Dianarose

Barbe- are the uric ones soft when you pass them? I have had this in the past but was diagnosed with just a uti. You would think between a pet scan and a non contrast ct they could tell what the blockage is.

• elimar

Dianarose, Glad to hear your good news ("No signs of either recurrence or metastasis.") I wholeheartedly share your frustration with getting all the expensive scans only to find out just how much they CAN'T see on them!!! Since this causes discomfort, I hope they can get at a DX quick and get it taken care of.

• barbe1958

I had to have my uric stones blasted with a laser and then spent a week in the hospital! No, they are not soft.

Bawling

• Dianarose

Barbe- mine are soft when they pass. Most of the time to small to collect. Get stuck in the little holes in the strainer and they are white. I can't get the normal kind 😖.

• Dianarose

not out of the woods. MO and primary doctor had a conference call yesterday because what I am passing isn't hard like normal stones😖 Waiting for lab report. Still could be sneaky lobular

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908

Praying for you.

• Dianarose

thanks Native Mainer- even though I have been dealing with this for almost 12 years I still have not figured out how not to be so stressed 😖. My DH says I need to relax. Not that easy. Urologist at one today. Just the word urologist sounds unpleasant

• elimar

Seems like we have not jumped into anyone's pocket in a while, but we'll be right there with you today, Dianarose. I wonder why they cannot look at that substance under a microscope to determine just what it is? Hoping you get some answers today.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Straight from the You Are Not Gonna Believe This Dept.:

Those following my side story about parathyroid might know I had a scan to try to locate the naughty little bugger. That scan was unable to identify a likely location, but surgery was still on. In one final attempt to localize the tiny misbehaving gland, I went for one last ultrasound to be performed by the endocrinologist that I hate (TETIH,) during which he still did not feel certain we had found the parathyroid causing trouble. He suggested a biopsy for later that day in order to do a PTH wash to make a determination about two separate locations.

The next day, he called to say one thyroid nodule came back "suspicious for papillary thyroid cancer." Yes, you read that right. I was dumbstruck, gobsmacked, blindsided, etc. I am still reeling over this. Can I really be that much of a three-time loser? Unbelievable!!!

Flash forward a bit now...I am not sure what I will do. It's the horrible information gathering stage all over again, for the third horrendous time. I am now being suggested a surgery based on "suspicious," with the surgery being done to find out for certain. In other words, I could lose a minimum of half of my thyroid gland and be on a synthetic hormone for life for question mark. I just do not know that I want to do this at this time, possibly ever. As for my parathyroid surgery, I think that is probably off the table now. The results of the PTH wash are not in yet, but at this writing the malfunctioning parathyroid has yet to be identified. So, I have two separate issues, the new one possibly worse than the old, and no clarity on either.

While I wrote about the parathyroid because of some loose linkage to BC, I do not want to write a lot about my new thyroid issue much (it will detract from the time that I plan to spend crying about it) because it is not linked to BC. All I can say is, I already KNOW how strong I can be but, honestly, this cancer crap is doing a good job trying to break me.

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

Elimar...so sorry, but lately it seems everything they find that doesn't belong in us is suspicious...I just had an endometrial polyp removed, 17 minute surgery over $11,000 dollars....Scared

• Dianarose

Elimar- so sorry 😰. You have truly had more then your share.

Our son in law is a Marine. He is on d deployment for the 8th time. He was not supposed to leave the ship this time. My daughter got an email from the top brass saying he will be going on land and will be in harms way for 30-40 days 😓. She is such a mess now.

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

Prayers for your son-in-law................

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

Aw, JeesH! elimar.. That's just not RIGHT

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,310

Elimar - you're right - I just can't believe this. So sorry to hear about the new suspicions. I hope they're wrong. Rant here anytime. We still don't care if it's about BC or otherwise. We just care about you!!!

• Dianarose

I read the FDA's warning yesterday about Zometa and kidney issues including kidney failure and death. This is the 2nd time I had an issue. This time was 2 weeks after the infusion. I had searched 3 years ago and never saw it. I am so done with Zometa

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908

DianaRose, need to relax, hmmm.I wonder how easily the doc couldjust relax in the same situation.Except that the doc can go lookup the results as soon as it's ready!

El--I don't know what to say or think.So not right, not fair, just wrong.

DianaRose--your poor daughter.Prayers for all involved.And I don't blame you for being done with Zometa.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Elimar....i'm just reading your latest update.

About 5 weeks ago my ENT said my thyroid gland was enlarged and was sending me for an US and a possible biopsy after that......

I kept this to all myself and didn't say anything to my family.

I was terrified and scared to death. Third time OMG

Doctors telling me even if it was cancer it is the easiest one to remove...Sure

When I was first diagnosed at 2005 I didn't know much about this disease.

10 years later the beast shows it's ugly face again....

Finished all my treatments on February 2016 and 3 months later this and they are telling me it's not a big deal

I had US and biopsy the nodule was 4.3 cm i believe and then the waiting started..

I started losing it .I was angry to the world and wanted to slap everybody and finally run away and disappear.

4 weeks later the results came back BENIGN.

Yes i was relieved but my body my brain feels exhausted..

Keep us updated....I know how you feel......

Thanks for reading

Sheila

• Dianarose

I had an idiot yesterday ask me if I got my cancer from drinking bad water. I said I was sure of it and that is how I got pregnant 4 times so I moved!

Can't fix stupid