Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

WOW-I have no clue what E is trying to tell us with that picture!!!!!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Oh, that? Since we cannot enjoy the perplexities of BC, we must turn to art where the perplexities are almost always enjoyable.

Or, it may just be a "note to self" reminder that it's time to shave those Winter armpits.

Work either way, I think.

Happy

• eph3_12

my armpit hair never grew back after chemo; no eyebrows (except face hair) and no pit hair. Lots and Lots everywhere else tho'

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

low platelets again so did another round of A/C last Thursday. Got checked on Saturday and they were 54 and the same today. I want off this roller coaster. All I have done is sleep 😴. If they aren't up on Thursday I will have to do another round

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

I Hope for a better day for you Diana...Heart

• elimar

Dianarose, I always think of Stage IV as being between a rock (MBC) and a hard place (treatment of MBC.)

image Takes a lot of strength to be the flower!

• eph3_12

It's Fat Tuesday-may you party for a bit, flash your boobs (or what represents them these days) and get in a nice long sleep to recover and carry on!

• elimar

Eph, You are on a real jester kick lately, aren't you? Well, "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"

[Why, I can remember a time when you could get beads without lifting your shirt, and the Mardis were just as Gras.]

• castigame
    castigame Member Posts: 336

married at 39 to a wonderful guy. Other than no children and absolutely overbearing mother in law, we had no issue. On my 47th, birthday official DX w stage 2B..BAM!! Literally. Cried non stop while hugging each othrr for about 10days. Surgery yielded clear margins on both. Onco appt in 2 days which I plan to ask chemo (8 ROUNDS) ASAP. Still feel guilty about not being able to get pregnant. Until the BAM 2 months ago, I was hoping for immaculate conception of sorts. We had to give it up on the spot. Physically doing quite OK. Psychologically, depression comes from time to time. Thank God for the most loving dog.

• eph3_12

so Rebamacfam1-Reba McEntire fan?

Not such a good bday present but sounds like you have awesome support; dogs rock in that departement. Dont discount adoption. I couldn't have bio kids either, but I adopted and I am a full on mom. I went to China at 41 and adopted a 16 month old who is now 22! You dont indicate your "credentials". Somewhere on the profile page you can add in all sorts of info, and those who have similar dx's and treatments can help you out. you can see mine below. I did chemo and rads and Femara for 5 yrs. Gonna be "celebrating" 8 years from dx in less than a month. At the time it was all consuming; now, not so much! Be sure to have someone with you at the onco appointment. 2nd set of ears and questions helpful.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,306

Wow Eph - 8 years. We need to celebrate when the month rolls around. Don't let us forget!!

• jcolford
    jcolford Member Posts: 70

Hello all, as you can see I have been a member for awhile now and post very little. Just when I thought I had moved on from dealing with cancer and all of it's lingering issues I find a lump just above my collarbone on the bc side. My onc took a look and said I was fortunate to find it and sent me off for at CT scan (which I had today) now I have to wait until Friday to find out the results. I am petrified, I don't know if I can do this a second time. I don't want to come off as pathetic and weak because I normally not - I can't really talk about this with my family because I haven't had a definite diagnosis yet but sometimes you just feel it in your gut that it is a recurrence - I can't share my fears because they need me to be strong - so tired of being the strong one. Sorry for such a depressing post.

• Dianarose

jcolford- it's ok to vent and you don't always have to be strong. Everyone here will support you. I live in fear these days and don't much care about being strong. I just need to get through the day. Will pray for good results. Hugs..

• stellamaris
    stellamaris Member Posts: 313

Jcolford, thinking of you and praying this is a good result.

• kbt
    kbt Member Posts: 22

jcolford, thinking of you today and until Friday. This is your place to be what you need to be, I have found that out! I am so thankful for this wonderful group of women. Sorry you have to come back to report a suspecion.

• jcolford

Thank you Kbt, Dianarose & Stellamaris - This forum has been a great support system since my original diagnosis and it the first place that I return to when things are rough. Thank you all for your kind words. Today doing a bit better, just going to take one day at a time.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907

jcolford--it is so hard to be strong for other people, especially when you need them to be strong for you. Said a prayer for you. Don't worry about "depressing" posts, they aren't depressing so much as realistic, and we've all been there and understand. It's bad enough to have cancer, to then be told how to feel about it is unreasonable.

• eph3_12

((((JColford))))) strength is overrated. its ok to be vunerable sometimes. helps others to find their own strength so they can be your support!

Hope your days go better.

• jcolford

Thank you both. I am sitting here (at home) with my second coffee of the morning waiting until it is time to go and get my results of Monday's CT scan - at least this appointment my DH will be with me - he is a trucker and I have virtually have gone to every appointment on my own. He has been there for my surgeries and at my last chemo with 2 dozen roses and I know he worries about me. Thank you for you support, it means alot.

• eph3_12

jcolford, and results show?

• jcolford

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have a large lymph node (almost the size of my original tumor) in my left axilla, a cluster of nodes in my supraclavicular region as well as multiple nodules in bilateral lungs along with with a large mass in the left lung. Waiting for a CT guided biopsy to determine course of treatment going forward.

I am going to rant for a bit - I am very angry! I have been dutifully going to my oncologist every 6 months and on several occasions mentioned concerns in how I felt or a new medical issue happening with my body. Each time she would suggest I talk to my GP because it wasn't related to cancer. She was checking my lymp nodes, listening to my lungs etc. and yet again I was the one who found the lumps. What the hell was I going there for? I know both doctors thought I was a hypochondriac. When I complained about exhaustion they told me that "Perhaps this (my life) is as good as it is going to get. F#@k Cancer!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338

jcolford....that's just sickening. I went thru the same crap initially with my Drs. I KNEW something was wrong, besides all the pain, I was exausted all the time, no enthusiasm, etc.

Like I say, we often are our own doctors when it comes to this shiz.

• eph3_12

jcolford, no words girl, no words. Keep your fighting spirit. And perhaps it's time to think different docs!

• elimar

Hello Middies! I was off paying a visit to my elder son, my Stage IV BFF, and my in-laws so am only now catching up on the thread.

Hello, jcolford. I just get that gut-sick feeling when I read about your latest discovery. With aggressive TNBC like you had, you'd think that the doctors would have watched you like a hawk for any signs of return. Hypochondriac? Sorry, but I just do not think that with Grade 3 and node involvement that a person's health complaints should be taken too lightly. Why don't they listen??? With the BRCA+ you were doing your part and being very proactive with your surgery on the right side and the ovaries, only to be let down with poor follow-up monitoring for the left side. Did you not have some sort of chemo before or after the first surgery? I know I would have an inner perpetual scream going on if all that happened to me, so you are entitled to rant here as long a necessary. It is hard moving past that kind of injustice, I know, but you eventually have to shift your focus on what comes next for you...maybe finding a more caring oncology team? Are you in a location where you have other choices of providers?

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907

SMH. {{{{jcolford}}}}}

• eph3_12

According to the calendar, we have survived another winter! Happy 1st day of spring! On my daily walk the other day!

• Dianarose

Eph- beautiful! We won't see those until May. Can't wait to be able to get outside and play in the dirt.

• eph3_12

MAY???????????????? whoa, forsythia have been in full bloom for about 10 days here!

• elimar

Celebrated the first day of Spring by taking my bike out for a ride. Lots of pretty blooms to see in my neighborhood.

• Dianarose

I am envious of blooms and bike rides. Are blooms are still buried with three feet of that four letter word. Spring in Maine comes in May and is short lived.